Standard Trust Complaints & Reviews

Standard Trust — Cashiers Check received for $4,975.00 Sweepstakes Win

I received a letter from "Standard Trust and Financial Lotto" stating I had won their "De-Lotto...

Toronto

Standard Trust Beware of this!

1 7 09 - Received check drawn on PNC Bank NA New Jersey for $4, 920.00, along with letter saying I had won $250, 000 in LOTTO 649 contest. Tax amount was $3, 980 to be paid through Money Gram an any WalMart. Check was to be used to pay taxes. Said to call [protected] and talk to Steve Brown, letter signed by Vanessa Robert, so called VP of Finance. Thankfully, I looked up this site and found it was a scam. These people are lower than low to be taking advantage of people in this terrible economy. I shredded the check and the letter. Beware of this!

• Ly
      Lynn Oct 27, 2008

I have received two letter along with two checks within the last 3 weeks. The lst one is from RBC Financial Windsor Ontario Canada and that check was for $4, 850.00 - The 2nd one is from Standard Trust Nova Scotia for $3, 900.00. The lst letter has a contact name of John Anderson - The 2nd one the contact name is Ron Clark and also on the 2nd letter they say the tax amount to be paid through Money Gram located in every Walmart Store. I am sure Walmart would be interested to know that this company is using their name. I haven't called the numbers lised on the letters because they are long distance numbers and I figured that could also be part of the scam too. I would be interested to know if anyone else has called and what happened after that.

• Valerie Jul 02, 2008

I received a letter and check for $4875 with instructions to call a Mr Eric Duncan. I called and Mr Duncan instructed me to deposit the check in my bank account and call him back. He would at that time give me instructions on how to file the U.S. taxed on the entire winnings of $125, 000.

Standard Trust UNCLAIMED WINNIG

First of all, thanks to the Internet we can be better informed. Same all, Unclaimed Winning, US$ 250, 000 winning lump sum, plus a check to cover taxes, Wahoo!!! That can only happen in your dreams. I reported to the FBI office in my city and called the institution that supposedly issued the check. Do not be fooled, do not try to cash the check, this can be a night mare for you…

Standard Trust — Scam award check

They sent me a check which looks authentic. It is for $4, 920.00. I have the FINAL NOTICE OF UNCLAIMED...

Standard Trust — Lotto 649

Received letter with a "check" for the amount of $3, 900.00. Letter stated I won the Lotto 649 Contest held...

Standard Trust — Lottery Scam, Fraud Check

Standard Trust — Lotto 649 winnings

My husband got this letter in the mail today - I thought it was maybe from some contest he entered online. He...

Standard Trust UNCLAIMED WINNING

I recieved a check for $4, 920.00 was to contact Jennifer or Ron for further
      instruction or clarification.Called several times, of course box was full.My winning was for Lotto contest which I have no knowledge of entering.From the check I was to pay taxes of $3, 450 through Money Gram at a WALMART STORE.

THE AMOUNT OF MY WINNING I WAS TO RECIEVED $85, 000.00

martha Apr 02, 2009

we use recieved the same march 16, 2009 did anyone call the bank for funds verification? how do we stop these people? the bank is an actual bank the number is [protected] if anyone else gets this kind of letter

• Ta
          Tara Apr 01, 2009

I just received a letter today from Beatrice Berry (Vice President of Finance) Standard Trust. It was enclosed with a check for $4, 920.00 and told me to contact Jennifer Moore. I googled the # [protected] and it is a cell phone based out of Ontario. The letter said that I entered a drawing for $250, 000.00 which is completely bogus because I don't even shop at any of those stores listed.

Standard Trust SUPPOSED address:

Check was issued from:

Foods Galore, INC
          9426 Commerce Hwy.
          Pennsauken, NL 08110

The only other real mail I get with my name spelt the way it is on this fake letter is from Bank of America. Maybe we all have that in common? Or unless Bank of America sold my info off...No wonder we cannot figure out who is doing this!

• Je
          Jen Mar 27, 2009

The same thing happened to me Received a check for $4, 920 taht I was to use to pay 3, 450 in taxes on a supposedly 250, 000 lottery that I had won and not claimed Check was drawn on Dime Bank, Pa which is a legitimate bank from some company Wayne Services, Inc. Couldnt find them on google, however was able to google Standard Trust and found all the scam stories Nobody gives you money for free Thanks for the people who alerted and posted comments

• Du
          Dunbar pa Mar 27, 2009

I have just come home to a very trying day to discover that I had won a 250, 000 cash payout. The letter from Standard Bank had an enclosed check for 3992.00 and all I had to do was pay a small tax on the lump sum 2990.00. The letter also directed me to call Jennifer or Rom to set up this transaction at a Wal-Mart store. I am very disturbed by this scam, how did they get my full name and correct address?? Dunbar, PA 03/26/09

• Us
          USGA LEGAL DEPT Jan 29, 2009

ALERT: There is no legitimate reason why anyone would provide you with a check or money order and ask you to wire money anywhere in return. If you have received a USGA check for any amount of money as a winner in a lottery drawing or for any other reason and have been asked to wire money back — it is a scam. Do not cash the check. If you cash this check you will be responsible to the bank for these funds.

Contact the USGA Legal Department at [protected] or Michael Swangler of U.S. Secret Service (USSS) at [email protected] for further information.

• Mi
          Mia Muth Nov 29, 2008

I recieved a check for $4, 920.00 was to contact Susan Gibson or Ron for further
          instruction or clarification.Called several times, of course box was full.My winning was for Lotto contest which I have no knowledge of entering.From the check I was to pay taxes of $3, 980 through Money Gram at a WALMART STORE.

THE AMOUNT OF MY WINNING I WAS TO RECIEVED $ 250, 000.00

Standard Trust notice of unclaimed winings

We received a letter and a check for the sum of $4, 920 supposedly we had won some lotto contest and were instructed to contact a Ray Smith (wow how common!!) the letter has so much mispellings you thought a 3rd grader wrote it, well nice try whoever is trying to pull off this type of scam. We mailed the letter a check back to the address with a nice little note!!! unfortunately there is no way fot the goverment to monitor these type of activity... or is there????

• Gl
            glenda Apr 15, 2009

This company to should be put out of business, and go to prison for the scam. my husband recieve the same letter three days ago and we took the letter to a u.s.bank the personal banker told us that the letter was a scam, and that they recieve a lot of those check's . there lot people out going threw hard time. we don't need people let that scaming people just to get what won't. they need to go to prison something really need to done about this put these people out of business.

• Nm
            n. mitchell Mar 31, 2009

I also recieved a check from standard trust . Food Galore & Sterling Bank NJ were the company names, in the amount of 4, 920.00 with a letter stating that I had to send 3, 450.00 through money gram to pay gov't taxes. I decided to take the check to a local check cashing establishment so that my bank account couldn't be accessed since I didn't know where the check was from. I'm very upset, especially during these hard financial times that our country is experiencing. I'm gong to cantact the authorities and many local news carrires.

• Us
            USGA LEGAL DEPT Jan 29, 2009

Standard Trust — Scam Checks

I recieved a notice and check valued at 4920.00 which claims to cover taxes for a computor lottery drawing...