StainMaster Complaints & Reviews

StainMasterpoor performance

Stainmaster has refused to honor its warranty regarding the wear of its carpet. I chose Stainmaster specifically because of its name and guarantee. I wanted white carpeting in my bedroom and the Stainmaster warranty was my assurance that it was a sound investment. I live in a condo, on the 10th floor at the end of a carpeted hallway. I wear slippers at home. I live alone, no pets, no kids, and I don't eat in my bedroom. But the carpet is a mess. Stainmaster will not honor their warranty because, though I had the carpet professionally cleaned twice within 4 years as they require, I had it cleaned 14 months after purchase, as opposed to 12 months. This is dispicble and feels like deliberate consumer fraud to me. I purchased the carpet at Lowes and they even went to bat for me, but to no avail. I have no issue with Lowes, as they were responsive and professional. But Stainmaster? Their very name is false advertising.

poor performance

StainMaster

StainMasterBad service

We bought premium Stainmaster carpet for our home about six months ago from Home Depot, replacing carpet we had had for 15 years. Within months, the new "Stainmaster" carpet looked worse than the carpet we had just removed. This carpet stains easier than any carpet I have every experienced in my 60 years, and was purchased near the top of the Stainmaster price line at Home Depot. I just want the public to know that the word "Stainmaster" now means the exact opposite; they should call it "StainEasy" carpet!

StainMasterAwful quality product

We bought premium Stainmaster carpet from Home Depot in Woodland, California. We picked a dense carpet near the top of the price line. The carpet is absolutely worthless, and within several months showed more stains than the carpet it replaced had shown in 15 years! Common dirt gets ground in and causes stains. Stain removers which worked well on our old carpet don't work on it. Don't buy this carpet... it's terrible! $5, 000 down the drain. Perhaps they call it "Stainmaster" because it stains so easily! I think they should remove their product or rename it "Staineasy" carpet.

In The News

A consumer site aimed at exposing unethical companies and business practices