SPCA Fresno Complaints & Reviews

SPCA Fresnounsanitary conditions

On September 3, 2011 I helped a friend who was out of town get her dog out of the spca. She was there for 2 days and now is showing symptoms of kennel cough. She was out for a very short amount of time before animal control picked her up. She was wearing a collar and several people were out looking for her. Now her owner is out $180.00 + in fines and fees plus a vet visit and possible other expenses and possibly up to 6 weeks dealing with a sick dog. I'm sorry but if they can't provide a clean healthy environment to bring stray/lost dogs to than they shouldn't be allowed to operate at all. The large dog kennels were filthy filled with feces and urine. One dog had a puddle of urine so big he had knowhere else to go. My friends dog was kenneled with 3-4 other dogs when there were plenty of open spaces. There is no excuse for an animal up to date on its shots to come out of there sick. This needs to stop.

SPCA FresnoRudeness

On or around Feb 11th, kitten wandered into my yard. This town and county of Fresno is infested with abandoned animals. Cats and dogs running around every where.
I'm a single mother of an 11 yr old boy, on welfare with no child support. I just graduated college and barely found a job, which will not come close to what I have monthly in rent and bills.
Well, I took this kitten into my home and posted flyers around the neighborhood in hopes that someone would claim her. The home I rent is not allowed any pets. (I have a fenced yard) but no pets, that is sad. Anyhow, this kitten remained with us until the landlord said it must go. Fear of having an eviction on my record. I took the kitten to SPCA Fresno 103 S Hughes Ave. I decided to relocate for many reasons, 1) The animal cruelty out here is very harsh. I called the SPCA, and now they are telling me that I would have to pay to get the cat back, and have to wait out the 4 day period. Meanwhile, I was willing to pay for the Neutered, but they said I still have to wait and fill out adoption papers. I'm going out of town, and probably wont be here to pick her up right away, they said they are only giving 48 hrs from when the cat gets fixed to pick her up.
All this is ridicolous, the county talks about helping pets, but yet the main people that have control over the pets, aren't will to work with anyone.
I wanted to take the cat out today, have it fixed, or let them fix it. They wont' let me. I'm very upset, that yes, I chose to give it away in fear of being evicted, but realized, the cat is important to us, and we want to love it and give it a good home, and The SPCA is not allowing us to do this, only on their terms.
This is all political, and what they've shown to me is that it's all about money and not for the concern of the animal.
I hate the SPCA.

• Mn
    Mnl821 Jul 20, 2010

I am not surprised this has happened to you. If their main goal is to give the animals a good home, they should have returned your pet to you, possibly with a small fee of having taken care of it for a few days. I know the money needs to come from somewhere but it is clear that all you want back was a pet you thought you could not keep. I guess they would not have cared if you ended up giving the cat up.

In The News

A consumer site aimed at exposing unethical companies and business practices