Southwest Bulldogs Complaints & Reviews

Southwest BulldogsScam

DO NOT BUY FROM THESE MEN, Rick and Matt do nothing but live on lies. I bought my dog that was amazing in my eyes and would never give him or the four years I had with him back. I purchased "Skeeter" from southwestbulldogs.com and I was told he was AKC registered and genetically healthy. I placed my order for skeeter in December of 06, which was 2 month after I was diagnosed with cancer. So I got taken to the bank and paid roughly 6000$ for "Skeeter" and it was worth it to me at the time. He was my dog and spent every waking hour with me as I was battling for my life. Little did I know all the health problems my dog was going to have and the many times I tried to get AKC papers from them which I never received because I just did not care at this time in my life so I gave up on the AKC papers. Skeeter then hit his health problems and he had multiple operations and one life saving operation when I was gone on a vacation. Then on July 24, 2010 his health issues got the best of him and Skeeter passed away. This man is nothing but a scam artist and just wants money and does not care about his ENGLISH BULLDOGS! I HAD A GREAT FOUR YEARS WITH MY DOG but it not worth all the lies and hula-hoops matt and rick do to you. Oh yea my medical bill totaled more then 10, 000 dollars! Attached is a picture of my beautiful dog that is no longer with me because he was not what Matt and Rick told me he WAS. THIS IS A PUPPY MILL!

• Tc
    TCloud81286 Jul 28, 2010

• Jk
    JKDE Mar 15, 2011

Sorry about your loss. Dogs give unconditional love and deserve to live long, happy lives. Do not patronize puppy mills. Please go to your local SPCA or animal shelter and adopt a loving dog that's waiting there for you.

Southwest BulldogsFraudulent unethical bulldog breeder!

Rick and Matt Johnson – the owners of Southwest Bulldogs -- are unscrupulous scam artists. Do not believe anything that they tell you! They are doing the bulldog breeding industry a great disservice and must be "outed" for the unethical breeders that they are.

We purchased a female bulldog from Rick and Matt Johnson of Southwest Bulldogs for $4850 on January 7, 2007. We were told that our puppy was born in Scotland on October 12, 2006. We purchased her with the intent of breeding and were assured that we were receiving a high quality animal that we could breed to Southwest Bulldogs' prized "Limited Edition".

Soon after our puppy arrived, she developed severe demodectic mange and "cherry" eye. We were told by two veterinarians that she should never be bred because of genetic deficiencies. (Matt Johnson told us that ours was the "only" puppy that they'd ever had that exhibited these qualities and suggested that we were somehow mistreating her!)

Our contract with Southwest Bulldogs clearly states that if a veterinarian identifies any serious problems with the puppy sold to us and if the puppy can’t be cured that Southwest Bulldogs will provide a FULL REFUND of the purchase price. Although we have repeatedly contacted Southwest Bulldogs with offers to find a mutual remedy, they have failed to live up to their contract and now are not responding to us at all.

And to add insult to injury, after over a year, we STILL HAVE NO AKC REGISTRATION PAPERWORK! We love our puppy dearly and will cherish her as a beloved pet BUT... we're convinced at this point that she is – and will remain -- unpapered.
We've accepted that we were taken in by these men but we want to let others know to BEWARE SOUTHWEST BULLDOGS OF FLAGSTAFF!

If anyone wants more details, feel free to email us. Everything that we've said is absolutely factual.

• Am
    amy manning May 25, 2008

First of all, I applaud your effort to out the people responsible for the bad dealings you've had in the bulldog world! I am a bulldog breeder and would never consider importing and selling any dog! As most bully breeders do, I am proud of the puppies I produce and do not think any finer dog could be imported!

I was shocked to read this about these two men. Their website is full of self-righteous jargan discrediting people like myself, who breed and do not own a kennel or rely on this for a living. I am also a nurse and do not depend on my dogs to make a living for me. Their site casts a negative light on LOTS of breeders that I know personally and think alot of. I am so glad to finally hear the truth about these two guys.
    I hate that you've had such a bad experience with a bulldog breeder. They are not the norm!

Good luck with the papers!

• Sh
    shirley wiser Jun 13, 2008

How do we know the complaint is real and not part of the ongoing vendetta the puppymills have against them.I paid for 1st pick of a 2 mos old white male bull in JAN 2008 and as of now 6 mos later have a quality dog in looks and temperant.I am a RN and stand by this family who have been nothing but good to me.

• Sh
    Sherry Jun 13, 2008

If you want proof, I can provide photos of our dog's cherry eye and her mange. I can also provide a letter from a veterinarian saying that she should not be bred because of genetic defects. In addition, I can refer you to another veterinarian who verbally told me the same thing.

Where there's smoke... there's fire and Rick Johnson and Southwest Bulldogs (now www.ArizonaBulldog.com) is ablaze! The list of complants against them continues to grow!

Buyer beware!!!

• Ti
    Tina Feb 09, 2009

We also bought a $3500 bulldog from Southwest Bulldogs... imported from Hungary.. developed Mange within days of arrival as well as other health problems. Told Rick about the problems, he even went so far as to say thet the 2 vets we took him to were wrong and that there was nothing wrong with the dog. After almost 6 months and thousands of dollars worth of treatments he was fine. When we had him nutered because we were told he was unfit to breed because of his genetic defects Rick became extreemly angry and continued to insist that all the vets were wrong. We spent thousands on training and eventually he had to be put down at the age of 2 because of temperment problems. We loved that dog and hope no one else has to suffer the way we did.

• We
    Wendy Kane Apr 14, 2010

I purchased Bubba in 2005 from Southwest. I agree with all the comments here. After one week with me Bubba developed a severe pneumonia and was in emergency care for two weeks. Rick accused me of mis-treatment and told me I would not get Bubba's papers because Rick assumed Bubba would die. The vet who has worked on several bulldogs said that Bubba's trachea is the smallest he has ever worked with. He asked me to please neuter him so no other dog would suffer as Bubba did to recover from his pneumonia. Bubba is a happy healthy boy now...but Rick and his business are both Shady and heartless. I hate what happened but I am happy to have Bubba as long as he lives!

Southwest BulldogsPoor service!

My husband and I made the mistake of "inquiring" about the bulldogs this MR. JOHNSON claims to breed or own. I was very curious as to why he claims his bulldogs are the Best and his kennel is the only one to buy from as we were also in the market for a show quality bulldog not to breed or show just to own and love. First thing out of his mouth when I asked my questions was... "My name and kennel say it all" All of his answers were arrogant and down right out of line absolutely NOT helpful. Matter of fact he went as far as naming other AZ breeders to stay away from very bluntly to say the least. I was so driven away from him that I did exactly opposite from what he told me to do, I called every breeder he warned against and thank God I did. I found my bulldog at the one kennel he spoke the worst of. Which I will not post the name of because the owner has asked that I not mention them because they want no part of MR. JOHNSON or the kennel he is so proud of. I am posting this warning in huge hopes any potential buyers will beware of his arrogance and bad advice. I have also since found most of his knowledge that he shares toward the bulldog breed is bogus. Very misleading and incorrect. His dogs are entirely over priced and not at all the quality he wants to think they are. I would also like to add my opinion of his call to fame "MEATY" I feel sorry for the owner if he too was mislead to believe he was buying or getting a "show quality bulldog" although he may be a nice dog he certainly isn't one I would call a good example of the breed. I love my bulldog not only for his quality of appearance but for his perfect health and wonderful well rounded disposition. I am grateful I didn't fall in to his trap and I hope each and every person who has had a bad experience will be able though law suit and or other agencies be able to recoup their losses. I am here to say what comes around goes around and Mr. Johnson will see that I am sure.

Alley Tinley.

• Le
    Lee-a McKee Oct 12, 2007

Well your lucky that Tommy & others complaints drove you to investigate this man and his family because I was one of the victims that purchased an EBD before being educated. She turned 1 today and I am grateful that I have her and she is still alive for her first birthday (today) however she wouldn't be here if I did not care for her needs. Everything he promises in the contract is never honored! There is no bumper to bumper warranty. I was reimbursed for the cherry eye removal but the vet bills for her aspiration pneumonia caused by her megaesophagus have never been reimbursed. Her megaesophagus has made it very expensive to care for her because I have to liquefy her food and elevate her feeding tray. But that's OK because I will do whatever I have to do in order for my Peanut Butter to live a long and healthy life! The last email that I received from Matt was that he needed his vet to examine my dog and if I did not honor that wish then we are done. The contract states that he has the right for his vet to perform services that they believe are excessive. They never complained about the excessive vet charges. They even went as far as to accuse me that I neglected my dog. I did not pay 5k+ to neglect my dog.

A few months later I learned that my PB was an import from Hungary. I have never received her papers. I have a copy of the customs documents that prove that she was an import and the only way that I can prove it is that I asked my vet to scan her for the chip. They eventually found it in her left chest. The customs document and chip number prove that she was an import.

I don't have anything against imported dogs because I purchased another EBD from a breeder in TX a few months later which was imported from Lithuania and is perfectly healthy. She's also twice the size of my PB! And she is only 7 months!

If you are reading this Rick & Matt, I want to thank you for bringing my PB in to my life because I love her unconditionally. I know that she is not show quality. I know that I cannot breed her because of her defects. However I don't appreciate the fact that you lied and deceived me from the get go! I wished that I had the knowledge to research SWB! I pray that this complaint board educates others!

• Bi
    Big Ox Bulldogs Nov 01, 2009

I have not purchased a pup from them, but I have visited their website. Rick's previous occupation must have been a T.V. minister! There are so many contradictions in his claims and I saw right through it! If you love bulldogs, stay far, far away from this so called reputible breeder!

Southwest BulldogsSCAM!

I purchased a"show quality" male from Rick Johnston for $4800. In a nutshell, this dog had only one testicle and suffered from multiple pneumonias. Rick stated a dog with one testicle does not disqualify him for show and is a "desirable genetic trait." Needles to say, I was speechless! In 6 months we had spent a small fortune on vet bills for repeat pneumonias. After seeing a radiologic specialist and a total of three vets we were informed the dog SHOULD NEVER BE BRED. We also had to have surgery to remove the testicle in his abdomen. Unfortunately, because of his poor lung condition,we had to wait for the pneumonia to clear. Rick stated the reason for his health issues was because of our neglect and to never contact him again. I simply stated we did not spend $4800 on a bulldog so we could neglect it. We have never received registration or any paperwork. We love our bulldog even though he has had Cherry eye, undescended testicle and multiple pneumonias. These pneumonias have caused permanent Lung fibrosis which can plainly be seen on chest x-ray. This e-mail is 100% truth. I will be glad to speak with anyone having doubts.

James Warnock

• Do
    doglovers2381 Jun 11, 2010

Thanks for sharing. But, you should have known better. Shame on you for giving money away to these people without doing your research.

BUYER BEWARE:
    Any breeder who lists more than two breeds with more than one or two litters at a time is likely pretty shady. Also note that on these web sites there are about often 20 types of dogs being advertised for sale, not all of whom are "purebred". Also - why don't they ever list the exact weight of mom and dad or post pictures of them? Because they are listing a range of what normal adult dogs of that breed typically weigh, because they are not in touch with the mom and dad of the litter - a common clue that the dogs are not being treated well or even being watched over by the puppy mill owner or so called breeder ("commercial breederrs" fyi are puppy mill owners). and treat them terrible.

If you want an AKC registered puppy that is for sure not going to have any problems, go to AKC.com and look under their recommended Breed Clubs to find reputable and responsible breeders who love and care for these dogs as their own.

PLEASE IN THE FUTURE! GO TO :

IF YOU TELL ONE OF THE AKC RECOMMENDED BREEDERS THAT YOUR DOG WILL BE A PET THAT IS FIXED AND NOT USED TO BREED OR SHOW THEY WILL OFTEN KNOCK DOWN THE PRICE BY SEVERAL HUNDRED DOLLARS. YOU WILL SAVE IN THE LONG RUN ON HEALTH COSTS AS WELL, AS YOU CAN SEE FROM UNLIMITED STORIES ON THIS PAGE. AND FOR THE LOVE OF GOD, DO NOT BUY FROM PET STORES!!! THANKS ALL FOR LISTENING, er READING.

DOG IS GOOD.
    FOR THE LOVE OF DOG. . . do your research!

Southwest BulldogsBulldog fraud

We purchased a show quality dog from Rick Johnston at Southwest Bulldogs in May of 2005. By November 2006 Jack was dead. Before he died at 1 1/2 years old he was diagnosed with severe spinal fusion, hip displasia in both hips, an enlarged heart and several other congenital defects. We took him to 4 separate vets for opinions and got the same answer - "Your dog is a congenital nightmare". Rick told us over and over that the vets we were taking him to were quacks and that his dogs are A+. He even accused us of animal abuse. We actually live in Flagstaff where he breeds these dogs and went to his facility several times before purchasing. The grounds are beautiful and he is quite the salesman until you question his dogs. I wish that I had the foresight to google him before purchasing my baby because he led a life of non-stop vet visits. Because my contract said that I had to stud him back for genetic purposes, I even hid him at a rescue for the last few months that he was alive. Please be cautious when working with this man, he is pure evil and deserves to be on every forum in the country.

• Pr
    Private Investigator May 11, 2008

Jennifer Whealy, you are a bag of douche...

• Pr
    Private Investigator May 11, 2008

Jennifer Whealy you are a bag of Douche...Jennifer Whealy you are a bag of Douche...Jennifer Whealy you are a bag of Douche...Jennifer Whealy you are a bag of Douche...Jennifer Whealy you are a bag of Douche...Jennifer Whealy you are a bag of Douche...Jennifer Whealy you are a bag of Douche...Jennifer Whealy you are a bag of Douche...Jennifer Whealy you are a bag of Douche...Jennifer Whealy you are a bag of Douche...Jennifer Whealy you are a bag of Douche...Jennifer Whealy you are a bag of Douche...Jennifer Whealy you are a bag of Douche...Jennifer Whealy you are a bag of Douche...Jennifer Whealy you are a bag of Douche...Jennifer Whealy you are a bag of Douche...Jennifer Whealy you are a bag of Douche...Jennifer Whealy you are a bag of Douche...Jennifer Whealy you are a bag of Douche...Jennifer Whealy you are a bag of Douche...Jennifer Whealy you are a bag of Douche...Jennifer Whealy you are a bag of Douche...Jennifer Whealy you are a bag of Douche...Jennifer Whealy you are a bag of Douche...Jennifer Whealy you are a bag of Douche...Jennifer Whealy you are a bag of Douche...Jennifer Whealy you are a bag of Douche...Jennifer Whealy you are a bag of Douche...Jennifer Whealy you are a bag of Douche...Jennifer Whealy you are a bag of Douche...Jennifer Whealy you are a bag of Douche...Jennifer Whealy you are a bag of Douche...Jennifer Whealy you are a bag of Douche...Jennifer Whealy you are a bag of Douche...Jennifer Whealy you are a bag of Douche...Jennifer Whealy you are a bag of Douche...Jennifer Whealy you are a bag of Douche...Jennifer Whealy you are a bag of Douche...Jennifer Whealy you are a bag of Douche...Jennifer Whealy you are a bag of Douche...Jennifer Whealy you are a bag of Douche...Jennifer Whealy you are a bag of Douche...Jennifer Whealy you are a bag of Douche...Jennifer Whealy you are a bag of Douche...Jennifer Whealy you are a bag of Douche...Jennifer Whealy you are a bag of Douche...Jennifer Whealy you are a bag of Douche...Jennifer Whealy you are a bag of Douche...Jennifer Whealy you are a bag of Douche...Jennifer Whealy you are a bag of Douche...Jennifer Whealy you are a bag of Douche...Jennifer Whealy you are a bag of Douche...Jennifer Whealy you are a bag of Douche...Jennifer Whealy you are a bag of Douche...Jennifer Whealy you are a bag of Douche...Jennifer Whealy you are a bag of Douche...Jennifer Whealy you are a bag of Douche...Jennifer Whealy you are a bag of Douche...Jennifer Whealy you are a bag of Douche...Jennifer Whealy you are a bag of Douche...Jennifer Whealy you are a bag of Douche...Jennifer Whealy you are a bag of Douche...Jennifer Whealy you are a bag of Douche...Jennifer Whealy you are a bag of Douche...Jennifer Whealy you are a bag of Douche...Jennifer Whealy you are a bag of Douche...Jennifer Whealy you are a bag of Douche...Jennifer Whealy you are a bag of Douche...Jennifer Whealy you are a bag of Douche...Jennifer Whealy you are a bag of Douche...Jennifer Whealy you are a bag of Douche...Jennifer Whealy you are a bag of Douche...Jennifer Whealy you are a bag of Douche...Jennifer Whealy you are a bag of Douche...Jennifer Whealy you are a bag of Douche...Jennifer Whealy you are a bag of Douche...Jennifer Whealy you are a bag of Douche...Jennifer Whealy you are a bag of Douche...Jennifer Whealy you are a bag of Douche...Jennifer Whealy you are a bag of Douche...Jennifer Whealy you are a bag of Douche...Jennifer Whealy you are a bag of Douche...Jennifer Whealy you are a bag of Douche...Jennifer Whealy you are a bag of Douche...Jennifer Whealy you are a bag of Douche...Jennifer Whealy you are a bag of Douche...Jennifer Whealy you are a bag of Douche...Jennifer Whealy you are a bag of Douche...Jennifer Whealy you are a bag of Douche...Jennifer Whealy you are a bag of Douche...Jennifer Whealy you are a bag of Douche...Jennifer Whealy you are a bag of Douche...Jennifer Whealy you are a bag of Douche...Jennifer Whealy you are a bag of Douche...Jennifer Whealy you are a bag of Douche...Jennifer Whealy you are a bag of Douche...Jennifer Whealy you are a bag of Douche...Jennifer Whealy you are a bag of Douche...Jennifer Whealy you are a bag of Douche...Jennifer Whealy you are a bag of Douche...Jennifer Whealy you are a bag of Douche...Jennifer Whealy you are a bag of Douche...Jennifer Whealy you are a bag of Douche...Jennifer Whealy you are a bag of Douche...Jennifer Whealy you are a bag of Douche...Jennifer Whealy you are a bag of Douche...Jennifer Whealy you are a bag of Douche...Jennifer Whealy you are a bag of Douche...Jennifer Whealy you are a bag of Douche...Jennifer Whealy you are a bag of Douche...Jennifer Whealy you are a bag of Douche...Jennifer Whealy you are a bag of Douche...Jennifer Whealy you are a bag of Douche...Jennifer Whealy you are a bag of Douche...Jennifer Whealy you are a bag of Douche...Jennifer Whealy you are a bag of Douche...Jennifer Whealy you are a bag of Douche...Jennifer Whealy you are a bag of Douche...Jennifer Whealy you are a bag of Douche...Jennifer Whealy you are a bag of Douche...Jennifer Whealy you are a bag of Douche...Jennifer Whealy you are a bag of Douche...Jennifer Whealy you are a bag of Douche...Jennifer Whealy you are a bag of Douche...Jennifer Whealy you are a bag of Douche...Jennifer Whealy you are a bag of Douche...Jennifer Whealy you are a bag of Douche...Jennifer Whealy you are a bag of Douche...Jennifer Whealy you are a bag of Douche...Jennifer Whealy you are a bag of Douche...Jennifer Whealy you are a bag of Douche...Jennifer Whealy you are a bag of Douche...Jennifer Whealy you are a bag of Douche...Jennifer Whealy you are a bag of Douche...Jennifer Whealy you are a bag of Douche...Jennifer Whealy you are a bag of Douche...Jennifer Whealy you are a bag of Douche...Jennifer Whealy you are a bag of Douche...Jennifer Whealy you are a bag of Douche...Jennifer Whealy you are a bag of Douche...Jennifer Whealy you are a bag of Douche...Jennifer Whealy you are a bag of Douche...Jennifer Whealy you are a bag of Douche...Jennifer Whealy you are a bag of Douche...Jennifer Whealy you are a bag of Douche...Jennifer Whealy you are a bag of Douche...Jennifer Whealy you are a bag of Douche...Jennifer Whealy you are a bag of Douche...Jennifer Whealy you are a bag of Douche...Jennifer Whealy you are a bag of Douche...Jennifer Whealy you are a bag of Douche...Jennifer Whealy you are a bag of Douche...Jennifer Whealy you are a bag of Douche...Jennifer Whealy you are a bag of Douche...Jennifer Whealy you are a bag of Douche...Jennifer Whealy you are a bag of Douche...Jennifer Whealy you are a bag of Douche...Jennifer Whealy you are a bag of Douche...Jennifer Whealy you are a bag of Douche...Jennifer Whealy you are a bag of Douche...Jennifer Whealy you are a bag of Douche...Jennifer Whealy you are a bag of Douche...Jennifer Whealy you are a bag of Douche...Jennifer Whealy you are a bag of Douche...Jennifer Whealy you are a bag of Douche...Jennifer Whealy you are a bag of Douche...Jennifer Whealy you are a bag of Douche...Jennifer Whealy you are a bag of Douche...Jennifer Whealy you are a bag of Douche...Jennifer Whealy you are a bag of Douche...Jennifer Whealy you are a bag of Douche...Jennifer Whealy you are a bag of Douche...Jennifer Whealy you are a bag of Douche...Jennifer Whealy you are a bag of Douche...Jennifer Whealy you are a bag of Douche...Jennifer Whealy you are a bag of Douche...Jennifer Whealy you are a bag of Douche...Jennifer Whealy you are a bag of Douche...Jennifer Whealy you are a bag of Douche...Jennifer Whealy you are a bag of Douche...Jennifer Whealy you are a bag of Douche...Jennifer Whealy you are a bag of Douche...Jennifer Whealy you are a bag of Douche...Jennifer Whealy you are a bag of Douche...Jennifer Whealy you are a bag of Douche...Jennifer Whealy you are a bag of Douche...Jennifer Whealy you are a bag of Douche...Jennifer Whealy you are a bag of Douche...Jennifer Whealy you are a bag of Douche...Jennifer Whealy you are a bag of Douche...Jennifer Whealy you are a bag of Douche...Jennifer Whealy you are a bag of Douche...Jennifer Whealy you are a bag of Douche...Jennifer Whealy you are a bag of Douche...Jennifer Whealy you are a bag of Douche...Jennifer Whealy you are a bag of Douche...Jennifer Whealy you are a bag of Douche...Jennifer Whealy you are a bag of Douche...Jennifer Whealy you are a bag of Douche...Jennifer Whealy you are a bag of Douche...Jennifer Whealy you are a bag of Douche...Jennifer Whealy you are a bag of Douche...Jennifer Whealy you are a bag of Douche...Jennifer Whealy you are a bag of Douche...Jennifer Whealy you are a bag of Douche...Jennifer Whealy you are a bag of Douche...Jennifer Whealy you are a bag of Douche...Jennifer Whealy you are a bag of Douche...Jennifer Whealy you are a bag of Douche...Jennifer Whealy you are a bag of Douche...Jennifer Whealy you are a bag of Douche...Jennifer Whealy you are a bag of Douche...Jennifer Whealy you are a bag of Douche...Jennifer Whealy you are a bag of Douche...Jennifer Whealy you are a bag of Douche...Jennifer Whealy you are a bag of Douche...Jennifer Whealy you are a bag of Douche...Jennifer Whealy you are a bag of Douche...Jennifer Whealy you are a bag of Douche...Jennifer Whealy you are a bag of Douche...Jennifer Whealy you are a bag of Douche...Jennifer Whealy you are a bag of Douche...Jennifer Whealy you are a bag of Douche...Jennifer Whealy you are a bag of Douche...Jennifer Whealy you are a bag of Douche...Jennifer Whealy you are a bag of Douche...Jennifer Whealy you are a bag of Douche...Jennifer Whealy you are a bag of Douche...Jennifer Whealy you are a bag of Douche...Jennifer Whealy you are a bag of Douche...Jennifer Whealy you are a bag of Douche...Jennifer Whealy you are a bag of Douche...Jennifer Whealy you are a bag of Douche...Jennifer Whealy you are a bag of Douche...Jennifer Whealy you are a bag of Douche...Jennifer Whealy you are a bag of Douche...Jennifer Whealy you are a bag of Douche...Jennifer Whealy you are a bag of Douche...Jennifer Whealy you are a bag of Douche...Jennifer Whealy you are a bag of Douche...Jennifer Whealy you are a bag of Douche...Jennifer Whealy you are a bag of Douche...Jennifer Whealy you are a bag of Douche...Jennifer Whealy you are a bag of Douche...Jennifer Whealy you are a bag of Douche...Jennifer Whealy you are a bag of Douche...Jennifer Whealy you are a bag of Douche...Jennifer Whealy you are a bag of Douche...Jennifer Whealy you are a bag of Douche...Jennifer Whealy you are a bag of Douche...Jennifer Whealy you are a bag of Douche...Jennifer Whealy you are a bag of Douche...Jennifer Whealy you are a bag of Douche...Jennifer Whealy you are a bag of Douche...Jennifer Whealy you are a bag of Douche...Jennifer Whealy you are a bag of Douche...Jennifer Whealy you are a bag of Douche...Jennifer Whealy you are a bag of Douche...Jennifer Whealy you are a bag of Douche...Jennifer Whealy you are a bag of Douche...Jennifer Whealy you are a bag of Douche...Jennifer Whealy you are a bag of Douche...Jennifer Whealy you are a bag of Douche...Jennifer Whealy you are a bag of Douche...Jennifer Whealy you are a bag of Douche...Jennifer Whealy you are a bag of Douche...Jennifer Whealy you are a bag of Douche...Jennifer Whealy you are a bag of Douche...Jennifer Whealy you are a bag of Douche...Jennifer Whealy you are a bag of Douche...Jennifer Whealy you are a bag of Douche...Jennifer Whealy you are a bag of Douche...Jennifer Whealy you are a bag of Douche...Jennifer Whealy you are a bag of Douche...Jennifer Whealy you are a bag of Douche...Jennifer Whealy you are a bag of Douche...Jennifer Whealy you are a bag of Douche...Jennifer Whealy you are a bag of Douche...Jennifer Whealy you are a bag of Douche...Jennifer Whealy you are a bag of Douche...Jennifer Whealy you are a bag of Douche...Jennifer Whealy you are a bag of Douche...Jennifer Whealy you are a bag of Douche...Jennifer Whealy you are a bag of Douche...Jennifer Whealy you are a bag of Douche...Jennifer Whealy you are a bag of Douche...Jennifer Whealy you are a bag of Douche...Jennifer Whealy you are a bag of Douche...Jennifer Whealy you are a bag of Douche...Jennifer Whealy you are a bag of Douche...Jennifer Whealy you are a bag of Douche...Jennifer Whealy you are a bag of Douche...Jennifer Whealy you are a bag of Douche...Jennifer Whealy you are a bag of Douche...Jennifer Whealy you are a bag of Douche...Jennifer Whealy you are a bag of Douche...Jennifer Whealy you are a bag of Douche...Jennifer Whealy you are a bag of Douche...Jennifer Whealy you are a bag of Douche...Jennifer Whealy you are a bag of Douche...Jennifer Whealy you are a bag of Douche...Jennifer Whealy you are a bag of Douche...Jennifer Whealy you are a bag of Douche...Jennifer Whealy you are a bag of Douche...Jennifer Whealy you are a bag of Douche...Jennifer Whealy you are a bag of Douche...Jennifer Whealy you are a bag of Douche...Jennifer Whealy you are a bag of Douche...Jennifer Whealy you are a bag of Douche...Jennifer Whealy you are a bag of Douche...Jennifer Whealy you are a bag of Douche...Jennifer Whealy you are a bag of Douche...Jennifer Whealy you are a bag of Douche...Jennifer Whealy you are a bag of Douche...Jennifer Whealy you are a bag of Douche...Jennifer Whealy you are a bag of Douche...Jennifer Whealy you are a bag of Douche...Jennifer Whealy you are a bag of Douche...Jennifer Whealy you are a bag of Douche...Jennifer Whealy you are a bag of Douche...Jennifer Whealy you are a bag of Douche...Jennifer Whealy you are a bag of Douche...Jennifer Whealy you are a bag of Douche...Jennifer Whealy you are a bag of Douche...Jennifer Whealy you are a bag of Douche...Jennifer Whealy you are a bag of Douche...Jennifer Whealy you are a bag of Douche...Jennifer Whealy you are a bag of Douche...Jennifer Whealy you are a bag of Douche...Jennifer Whealy you are a bag of Douche...Jennifer Whealy you are a bag of Douche...Jennifer Whealy you are a bag of Douche...Jennifer Whealy you are a bag of Douche...Jennifer Whealy you are a bag of Douche...Jennifer Whealy you are a bag of Douche...Jennifer Whealy you are a bag of Douche...Jennifer Whealy you are a bag of Douche...Jennifer Whealy you are a bag of Douche...Jennifer Whealy you are a bag of Douche...Jennifer Whealy you are a bag of Douche...Jennifer Whealy you are a bag of Douche...Jennifer Whealy you are a bag of Douche...Jennifer Whealy you are a bag of Douche...Jennifer Whealy you are a bag of Douche...Jennifer Whealy you are a bag of Douche...Jennifer Whealy you are a bag of Douche...Jennifer Whealy you are a bag of Douche...Jennifer Whealy you are a bag of Douche...Jennifer Whealy you are a bag of Douche...Jennifer Whealy you are a bag of Douche...Jennifer Whealy you are a bag of Douche...Jennifer Whealy you are a bag of Douche...Jennifer Whealy you are a bag of Douche...Jennifer Whealy you are a bag of Douche...Jennifer Whealy you are a bag of Douche...Jennifer Whealy you are a bag of Douche...Jennifer Whealy you are a bag of Douche...Jennifer Whealy you are a bag of Douche...Jennifer Whealy you are a bag of Douche...Jennifer Whealy you are a bag of Douche...Jennifer Whealy you are a bag of Douche...Jennifer Whealy you are a bag of Douche...Jennifer Whealy you are a bag of Douche...Jennifer Whealy you are a bag of Douche...Jennifer Whealy you are a bag of Douche...Jennifer Whealy you are a bag of Douche...Jennifer Whealy you are a bag of Douche...Jennifer Whealy you are a bag of Douche...Jennifer Whealy you are a bag of Douche...Jennifer Whealy you are a bag of Douche...Jennifer Whealy you are a bag of Douche...Jennifer Whealy you are a bag of Douche...Jennifer Whealy you are a bag of Douche...Jennifer Whealy you are a bag of Douche...Jennifer Whealy you are a bag of Douche...Jennifer Whealy you are a bag of Douche...Jennifer Whealy you are a bag of Douche...Jennifer Whealy you are a bag of Douche...Jennifer Whealy you are a bag of Douche...Jennifer Whealy you are a bag of Douche...Jennifer Whealy you are a bag of Douche...Jennifer Whealy you are a bag of Douche...Jennifer Whealy you are a bag of Douche...Jennifer Whealy you are a bag of Douche...Jennifer Whealy you are a bag of Douche...Jennifer Whealy you are a bag of Douche...Jennifer Whealy you are a bag of Douche...Jennifer Whealy you are a bag of Douche...Jennifer Whealy you are a bag of Douche...Jennifer Whealy you are a bag of Douche...Jennifer Whealy you are a bag of Douche...Jennifer Whealy you are a bag of Douche...Jennifer Whealy you are a bag of Douche...Jennifer Whealy you are a bag of Douche...Jennifer Whealy you are a bag of Douche...Jennifer Whealy you are a bag of Douche...Jennifer Whealy you are a bag of Douche...Jennifer Whealy you are a bag of Douche...Jennifer Whealy you are a bag of Douche...Jennifer Whealy you are a bag of Douche...Jennifer Whealy you are a bag of Douche...Jennifer Whealy you are a bag of Douche...Jennifer Whealy you are a bag of Douche...Jennifer Whealy you are a bag of Douche...Jennifer Whealy you are a bag of Douche...Jennifer Whealy you are a bag of Douche...Jennifer Whealy you are a bag of Douche...Jennifer Whealy you are a bag of Douche...Jennifer Whealy you are a bag of Douche...Jennifer Whealy you are a bag of Douche...Jennifer Whealy you are a bag of Douche...Jennifer Whealy you are a bag of Douche...Jennifer Whealy you are a bag of Douche...Jennifer Whealy you are a bag of Douche...Jennifer Whealy you are a bag of Douche...Jennifer Whealy you are a bag of Douche...Jennifer Whealy you are a bag of Douche...Jennifer Whealy you are a bag of Douche...Jennifer Whealy you are a bag of Douche...Jennifer Whealy you are a bag of Douche...Jennifer Whealy you are a bag of Douche...Jennifer Whealy you are a bag of Douche...Jennifer Whealy you are a bag of Douche...Jennifer Whealy you are a bag of Douche...Jennifer Whealy you are a bag of Douche...Jennifer Whealy you are a bag of Douche...Jennifer Whealy you are a bag of Douche...Jennifer Whealy you are a bag of Douche...Jennifer Whealy you are a bag of Douche...Jennifer Whealy you are a bag of Douche...Jennifer Whealy you are a bag of Douche...Jennifer Whealy you are a bag of Douche...Jennifer Whealy you are a bag of Douche...Jennifer Whealy you are a bag of Douche...Jennifer Whealy you are a bag of Douche...Jennifer Whealy you are a bag of Douche...

• Av
    AVC Jun 03, 2008

Wow, Rick ... you're a classy guy!

sawyerger Sep 04, 2009

Wow that really makes me want to buy a bulldog from you raising dogs full of love eh?

• Or
    ORnurse Oct 09, 2009

Wow. Wow. That is all I can say. I cannot believe what a piece of ### this Rick Johnston is. I was actually saving up $$ to buy one of his puppies because I wanted a top-quality dog. Boy was I an idiot!!! After reading all of these comments I am just floored! This guy should be, at the very least, castrated and thrown out into the desert. Yes it's bad enough that he scammed everyone but you have to stop and think that who is really suffering? The dogs!!! I can't even imagine how these poor things are brought into this world because puppymillers don't give one crap about the animals feeling pain or fear. I live in Arizona and I wish I could run into this walking, talking pile of crap. And I especially like his retort about someone being a 'bag of douche'????? What does that even mean? Are you a grown man talking like that?? Maybe he has some kind of mental disability. But thank you all for posting your horrible experiences with this fraud. I see his website is down. But I bet he will resurface like the cesspool that he is, with another site and all new abused and sick puppies. Rick, there is a special place in hell for you.

Southwest BulldogsSouthwest Bulldogs, GBBA is a fraud!

Rick Johnston of South West Bulldogs, Hollywood Bulldogs and The Genetic Bulldog Breeders Association is a liar, a crock and a fraud. My husband and I signed up with Rick to be part of his Genetic Bulldog Breeders Association. For that privilege Rick would charge us $25,000.00 for three females and training on breeding (which included videos made by him). Another $25,000.00 was due from the first litters born by the females. The females were to be held in co-ownership unit Rick received the full $50,000.00. After which the females ownership would be transferred to us. I had asked Rick on a number of occasions for photos and pedigrees of the girls that he was sending but Rick never seemed to have the time and assured me that we would love the girls that we were getting. We asked that only two be delivered at first and the third in a few months. When the dogs arrived we were really concerned because one had a cherry eye, one had mange and both were a horrible depictions of the breed. They also arrived with no pedigrees or paperwork. I contacted Rick and said I was concerned about how these girls looked as well as potential health issues. Remember Rick claims to only breed healthy top quality dogs. He assured me that the dogs were “A+ in standard” and that they were great breeding females. My husband and I took the females to our local vet who is very well versed in Bulldog conformation. Our vet said “I’d be embarrassed to sell these dogs for $100.00 each, they should NEVER be bred because of health concerns and conformation issues”. My husband then contacted Rick and asked him to take back the dogs. Our contract states that if we decide not to move forward for any reason we need to return the dogs to Rick immediately. Rick refused to take the dogs back. Even when we told him that we would be giving the dogs up for adoption at our local pound he still refused. You can’t tell me he thinks these dogs are worth anything if he refused to take them back. I then decided to do a little research on Rick and found the following. He does not have any of his dogs licensed in Arizona as of 5/2/07. I could not find proof that he holds a kennel license. He has pictures of impressive bulldogs on his website but he did not breed ANY of the champions. Limited Edition was bred and shown by Bomberland Bulldogs in Hungry. I spoke to the owner and he said that Limited Edition was sold to Rick in late 2005 or early 2006. The link to verify this is www.bulldogs.bomberland.hu/ click on males and then Fred and you’ll see him. Funny that Limited Edition’s pedigree is not posted on Rick’s website. I think he does not show it because the breeders name is on it. Rick also claims that he owns a kennel in Hungry. I’ve found no proof of this. I also looked up one of Ricks females and found that she was bred by a kennel in the Netherlands her name is Sweet Pea (her sister is Sodona) and the kennel link is www.kasanbulls.nl . I also found NO proof that Rick has been breeding bulldogs for over 20 years as he claims. Type in the words Rick Johnston and bulldogs and you’ll find his website and consumer complaints nothing more. I spoke to three different breeders in the USA and none of them knew who Rick Johnston was. As far as Rick’s connection with celebrities, he gives the dogs to them for free. He told me this himself. It’s sad to say but Rick Johnston are nothing more than a fraud and a puppy mill. If you are considering buying from them please do the research first. This guy is out to make a quick buck and does not care who he steps on.

• Je
    Jennifer May 15, 2007

Write a complaint to [email protected] and after hearing from several people, they will remove his adds so he can't continue to scam others as he has done to us. This guy is a joke! He' s nothing but a high end puppy mill / con artist.

WARN OTHERS BEFORE THEY BECOME HIS NEXT VICTIM!

Anna and George Fanta Jan 15, 2008

We would like to say to everyone who is thinking about getting a Bulldog from Southwestbulldogs or Californiacoastbulldogs or Route66Bulldogs or simply from Rick or Matt Johnston from Flagstaff, Arizona, STAY AWAY!!!

They use on the websites they run photos of Bulldogs bred by us, without having our permission or owning the dogs or puppies.
    The dogs they call Top Gun, Mr.Twister, Sunny and many photos of puppies were made by us and DO NOT belong to these people.
    We can prove it by showing originals of the photos and many more photos of these dogs , not only one as they have uploaded.

They also financially scamed us taking three Bulldog males and did NOT pay for them. We allready contacted our Kennel Club in Hungary and cancelled the pedigrees of those dogs. They also didnot cleared their payment for INT.Champion Bomberland Edition Limited (Fred).

• Ka
    Karyn Tatham Mar 04, 2008

I was placed on a list to get a puppy last year. After promptly sending my deposit in, I waited and waited and waited. After several months and some researching on my own, I decided I wanted my deposit back. Relatively simple request, one would think. Matt and I communicated frequently and he assured me via email that the "check is in the mail" and that he sent it out that very day. That was quite a few months ago. I now have a long email trail and numerous unanswered emails. I have wasted time and effort and now need to contact my attorney. I can't believe this idiot.

[Resolved] Southwest Bulldogs — Stay away from this fraud!

Rick johnston sold me a English bulldog puppy that was SUPPOSED to be a show quality English bulldog puppy...

In The News

A consumer site aimed at exposing unethical companies and business practices