SmartSavingsCenter.com Complaints & Reviews

SmartSavingsCenter.comunauthorized charges

I ordered 2 books through Hot Book Sale.com
Order #223034, on 7/28/2009 with no shipping charges. On 7/29, I received notification that delay was on the order. Then I received two other books that I did not order with a packing slip with the proper books listed.
Then my credit card was charged for the original order, Plus 2 other charges, from a company called SmartSavingsCenter.com.
Now, HotBookSale.com, wants me to return the 2, incorrect books to Returns Dept. 20G4484, 201 Ingram Blvd., Roseburg, OR [protected]., and they refuse to credit my account for anything. Please advise!
I see that there are others that have also been ripped off by these so cslled companies...

• Ty
    Tyler Dec 15, 2008

I don't know what type of company it is. I just noticed monthly withdrawals that I did not authorize. When I called to cancel, I could not understand what the heck she was saying.

SmartSavingsCenter.comUnauthorized Deductions from Bank Account

A website pretending to sell books tricks me into purchasing, giving my credit card number, then, unknown to me, automatically signs me up for additional "services" that cost over $30/month ( all this for a $5.98 book .) Then, of course, they don't have the book. So, I cancel all of the services once I see them on my bank account. SmartSavingsCenter.com was one of the services I canceled, but instead of returning my money, they immediately charged me again!!

I called to fix it and they claimed the would reverse both charges but never did.
This is a lucrative scam.

SmartSavingsCenter.comscam--unauthorized membership fee

I bought a book online in December of 2008. In January 2009, I was charged $29.95 from smartsavingscenter.com. At that time I didn't pay attention to the charge in my credit card statement. Then in February 2009, I was charged again $29.95 from the same website. What I found after calling their [protected] number was that I somehow became a member of the smartsavingscenter.com. When I did online shopping, I never signed up for the membership, nor did I see any fineprints regarding the membership!

So I cancelled the membership, and kindly enough the website even sent me an email confirming the membership cancellation. Then I happened to find numerous complaints about smartsavingscenter.com!!! In order to avoid being charged again, I cancelled my credit card from which smartsavingscenter.com withdraws money. Sure enough I received an email from the website saying that they couldn't get the money and asked for a valid credit card number.

Smartsavingscenter.com has never cancelled and will never cancel my membership. So here is my advice: you need to cancel your credit card that you had used for signing up the membership. Otherwise smartsavingscenter.com will get your money month after month after month!!!

charliefoxtrot Mar 03, 2009

I also fell victim to them... but after complaining enough and sending letters to the Florida Attorney General, I did receive a refund from them totaling $59.90. If you your self would like to raise a little cane (I highly suggest it) you can call THEIR OFFICE DIRECTLY not the one in a 3rd world country. All of their information I will list below. Good luck and tell them I said hi ;-)

Skip Middleton is the Executive Vice President at Xacti Group which is their parent company. Xacti can be contacted at:

(516) 989-7400
    999 W. Yamato Rd
    Suite 100
    Boca Raton, FL 33481

When I called the 1st time I spoke with Lesley at extension 435, then with someone names Auntrey, and finally with Andrew.

I hope this helps!!!

SmartSavingsCenter.comFRAUD

I can not find my order, but I believe it was a book for $11.29 10/2008. Turns out htey have been charging me $29.95 every month. It has taken me several months to figure out this scam. I feel cheated and stupid for not catching on to them earlier. I am contacting the Attorney General office.

• Bo
    boricua8379 Jan 12, 2009

I ordered a DVD on line and paid for it, and then was charged a monthly fee of 14.95 for no reason. I called them and to try and dispute this all it lead to was me being on hold for about 45 minutes and them not answering. Some one needs to do something about these people, it's amazing people can get away with stuff like this.

Christ Patriot Mar 12, 2009

FOR EVERYONE WHO HAS BEEN RIPPED OFF AND STOLEN FROM BY SMARTSAVINGSCENTER.COM, YOU CAN COMPLAIN - AND SHOULD - TO BOTH THE STATE OF FLORIDA [CONSUMER COMPLAINTS] AS WELL AS TO THE GOVERNMENT'S INTERNET CRIME COMPLAINT CENTER AT WWW.IC3.GOV - WHICH IS A DIVISION OF THE FBI AS WELL AS THE DEPARTMENT OF AGRICULTURE AT 1.850-488-2221
    LET'S SEE THIS CRIME SHOP BE PUT OUT OF BUSINESS AND PEOPLE PUT IN JAIL.
    [email protected]

• Ge
    Geneva Painter Apr 16, 2009

I'm in in San Francisco Bay Area. Ordered a sale DVD for $5.00 early March from Hotmoviesale.com Certain that checkout did not include any other charges. When tranaction concluded-received SPAM emails "welcoming" me to SmartSavingsCenter. Do not ignore this SPAM. It declares you will be charged $1.00 after three days & enrolls you as a member without your consent or intervention. I was later debited $29.95 twice & $1.00 four times before I caught the fraud on my bank statements. If you order anything from them the fine print on the invoice is from SmartSavingsCenter saying your membership has begun and they actually deduct these fees once they have your credit card information BEFORE your merchandise arrives. Complaints to their Customer Service Dept. were met with rude impertinence & rationalizations in one word: "membership"-what their reps parrot to thousands of callers. I closed that Master Card & switched checking accounts after alerting my bank to the fraud. But something must be done about this criminal enterprise. Only wish I knew of these posts before ordering from them-but caution is hereby urged for anyone reading this. The FTC recommends contacting Miami's Better Business Bureau but this sham enterprise must feel heat from as many quarters as possible.

• Ge
    Geneva Painter Apr 16, 2009

Southeast Florida's Better Business Bureau has assigned SmartSavingsCenter.com an "F" rating . This rating should become flagged by one's ISP toolbar before clicking on any "discount " transaction--it may be a shadow front for them, whether books, DVDs computer games, etc. HotMovieSale & SmartSavingsCenter.com must be declared fraudulent by any means--this "F" rating is a good start

• Al
    Alessandro May 04, 2009

Please do not buy anything from SmartSavingsCenter, LLC, SmartSavingsCenter.com, hotmoviesale.com, This is my story of a very frustrating day I had yesterday that included 3 hours on the phone. I bever check my online statement. Now, that I was Lid Off from work I decided to check my bills to see where can I cut expenses. And I noticed this charge from SmartSavingsCenter.com for amounts that vary from $9.99 to $29.99 every month for the last 2 years. Yes, the last two years. I'm reporting this to the authorities, and I'm contacting DATELINE, the TV show to initiate an investigation. I will be happy to see these ### scammers put in jail and out of business. I also reported them to the BBB in Florida and WA where their domain is registered. Stay away from these ###. By the way, it is very hard to get them on the phone. They will do anything to avoid you.

• Af
    aFormerHippy May 17, 2011

Thiefs! Probably no one will see these complaints until it's too late, just as I did. They are thiefs and scam artists, do yourself a favor and do not do business with them. It's the same complaint that everyone else has entered. I bought a DVD online and was automatically and without my knowledge or permission, signed up with these ###. They charged my CC $19.95 a month for their WORTHLESS service.

SmartSavingsCenter.com — Credit card charged without purchase

After Googling for discount books, I got this website. I ordered a DVD and a paperback book, paying shipping...

In The News

A consumer site aimed at exposing unethical companies and business practices