Hello, My Skoda Laura is about 3 years old and my compressor has gone wrong THREE times in a row!! It happens quite predictably every single year.
And it costs Rs.80, 000 to fix it (parts and labor).
I have owned an Audi, Lexus, Mitsubishi and others in my life. Never had this experience with any of them before.
When you call the customer service number some call center in Bangalore picks up the call and they have a standard answer "We will pass on the information to our technicians and someone will get back to you".
After several attempts someone did actually get back only to advise me that my car is out of warranty.
There are several of my friends that are having a similar A/C problem. I think this piece of junk should be recalled and the defective part analyzed and the design flaw should be fixed.
My local dealer says only Skoda can authorize an out of warranty replacement and he cannot do much about it.
I'm planning on painting "Do Not Buy This Junk" on my car and parking it outside the dealership.
I have been a faithful customer of SKODA since the past five years. In the last five years I have purchased and used four SKODA cars and recently was in the process of buying the Top of the Shelf model Laura. Incidentally this would have been the third Laura car and the 4th SKODA car in this short period.
However recent experience with your dealer here at Jodhpur has left me with no choice but to forget SKODA for ever.
I am taking a very serious view at my end regarding the entire situation created by SKODA INDIA through your dealer in Jodhpur. His behaviour is very arrogant/unethical and malefic while dealing with me and other customers.
1. I purchased Laura on 10.08.2008 vide bill number JLPL0054
2. I deposited advance for the Fabia for my daughter by Cheque. (Details enclosed)
Paid By Ram Aart - 02.09.08 196885.00
Paid By Swati Potalia - 23.10.08 200000.00
CN . 849580 KBL
CN. 849582 KBL - 19.12.08 100000.00
CN. 849583 KBL - 18.12.08 100000.00
Total - 596885.00
3. From the date I deposited the money till to date he is not returning the money nor is he clarifying regarding giving the Fabia to me.
4. Because of his irresponsible behaviour my daughter and I refused to buy Fabia and wanted my money back which I had paid as advance. This tremendous misbehavior and irresponsible attitude of your dealer towards me has compelled me to arrive at this decision that I will never use Skoda brand in my lifetime again. Please come and take the Laura back from me.
5. I have been requesting since last three and half month to him to pay the due amount deposited as advance. But he refused and gave me reasons that Company has no policy to return the advance amount.
6. I had an Octavia car previously with me which met with an accident on 10th August, 2008 in Jodhpur. I was fortunate that I and my family were in a Skoda car. After major accident, because of the quality of Skoda we were saved. It is not first time such an incident has happened. Being the safest vehicle I have come across in my life I purchased a Skoda Laura at the same date from your dealer, vide invoice no. JCPL 0054, engine number BJB 207307 and Chassis Number TNBBSD 1228A151872.
7. This new Laura again met with an accident on 2nd October, 2008 so I gave the car to the dealer for repairing.
8. Since the 2nd October to 12th February, 2009 I was chasing him to give back my two cars, the Laura and one old white Octavia as well as the money which I had paid as advance for the Fabia. He has been refusing to return both my car as well as my money.
9. He is always claiming that he does not have the spares to repair my cars and the Company policy was that we pay advance for the spares which have to be purchased. I so also gave him advance Cheque for the spares. Then he compelled me to buy the Fabia or he would not refund my cars or refund my money back, since this was also the Company policy.
10. As I belong to the backward community from Rajasthan and belonging to Barmer
I took his words to be true. I was betrayed and punished by your dealer although I have not committed any mistake. Please solve my problem.
Why am not getting my money back?
Why am not being given back my Old Octavia car (white colored)?
Why was my Laura kept there for four and half months?
Why was my Laura car used by your dealer to the extent of more than 3000 kilometers?
Please tell me why should I now use or buy your products? This major loss of reputation and financial situation has dragged me to depression. I have been under serious medication and am being treated by Dr. Anil Vyas
Till such time you will not solve my problems, I am not going to use the Laura which was given back to me at your dealers mercy.
Some of my friends also tried to settle this matter with your dealer but he refused on the same grounds of the matter being a Company policy and that only the Company can resolve the matter.
My dear sirs, this is not a general complaint of your dealer but this is a question of somebody s dignity, self respect and social reputation which has been ruined by your dealer, which makes you equally accountable in this entire matter.
Looking forward to your urgent attention and action!