Seattle Coffee Direct Complaints & Reviews

Seattle Coffee DirectNON REFUND OF MONEY

January 27, 2010<br />
<br />
Hello: My name is Brenda and I didn't order 6 pounds of Coffee from Seattle Coffee Direct They charged my checking account Debit<br />
in the anount of $116.85 and they keep telling me they will put the refund back into my Bank for the last 5 months. I have talked <br />
to approximately 36 people who all tell me the same thing. Wait 72 hours and your Money will be put back into your account.<br />
To date, they have not put any money back or even returned anymore of my phone calls. I don't have this product but they billed<br />
my Bank Account 3 days in a rowe back in July 2009. All I have been asking them to do is put my money back into my account<br />
and all will be done and over. I cannot believe a Company can take money from your account wihtout your authorization which<br />
they never had. Please get my money back into my Account. I am on Disability and I don't have much money as it is.<br />
Brenda Neumann Email address: [protected]@yahoo.com

Seattle Coffee DirectFraud

Basically FRAUD and illegal charging on my credit card.
    I thought their service sounded like a convenient idea, but that's when the over charging, etc. began. Who pays $79 for a small bag of coffee and a crappy travel mug? Then another, and another, and another in the course of a week! Certainly not me. I contacted my card and disputed all these charges and returned the items. All had been fine until recently. I hadn't had a run in with this company for over 14 months, and now all of a sudden I have 2 packages on my doorstep. Realistically, the only way to stop them is to cancel your credit card and I'm just about to do that.

I plan on contacting the Better Business Bureau and the Evanston district attorney to find out if there's anything else that can be done. Sure, I might spend a lot of time, but now it's become personal.

These guys seems to go with either Seattle Coffee Direct OR Cafe Saporito

• Dm
        d marie st Mar 01, 2010

The same thing happen to me-four months AFTER I cancelled the ONE TIME sample package that I got, that cam with a membership and more charges I did not ask for! I have returned the three shipments but have not had my $79 x 3 charges they made. I did cancel my card, and am working with the bank to get my money back. The phone number they give is useless because they dont answer it and dont return the call. They need to be stopped!

• Si
        sirotot Dec 01, 2009

We ordered the $25 promotional offer 2 bags cofee 2 cups and a travel mug get this ...last year, November 2008. We did recieve our cofee at that time and we were not overcharged, but the cofee was not very good so we canceled any further shipments. Then we were looking at our bank statement online last week and low and behold this company charged us $79.00. For what? we have recieved nothing in the mail and no e-mail confirmation of any such order. Guess they held on to our credit card # for a year and thought we wouldn't notice. Saturday we called and got a Vm and left a message now all curciuts are busy and if you do get thru you get VM again but the mail box is full!!! Had to cancel our credit card and get reissued another to prevent this from happening again. Have reported this co to BBB and our bank for fraud.

• Ra
        Rand9209 Oct 12, 2009

Ordered in good faith a 2lbs. for five dollars sampler and was charged a total of 140.00 for a daily delivery of 2 pounds of coffee. Sent them back with the driver the next day and called to cancel this mess. I was told to expect my money in 30-60 days, however, they have another scam here; by the time you are expecting your funds, they say it is too late, the return policy has expired. Out of $ 140.00 for some coffee. Unbelievable
        Surely there is someone here that knows a good lawyer?

• Ab
        a biggs Aug 24, 2009

how do you join

• Tr
        Traci Stewart Aug 01, 2009

Please join the Seattle Coffee Class Action group to add your name and info to become part of the lawsuit I will be filing

• Je
        Jeff Berman Nov 04, 2008

Dear Paul,

I apologize for any problems you may have encountered with our company, Seattle Coffee Direct. Here at Seattle Coffee Direct our goal is 100% customer satisfaction. Please call to speak to a customer service representative at 888-217-CAFE so that we may swiftly rectify this situation. By providing us with some basic information, such as your name and zip code, we can look up your account to clear up any problems. If you are unsatisfied in any way, we will reasonably provide return shipping information, refunds and anything else necessary to improving your experience with Seattle Coffee Direct. For further clarification, please see our details and terms at https://www.seattlecoffeedirect.com/TC2.php.

Jeff Berman
        Direct of Customer Service

• Pa
        Paul Bridges Oct 07, 2007

I have been charged unreasonable amounts for unsolicited product. Seattle Coffee Direct did not even fulfill its promotional promise of two bags and a grinder but have charged me for it anyway. I signed up for the $9.00 promotion of two bags and a grinder and was charged $38.95. I never received the complete promotion. Since then the company has charged me twice for $38.95.

That's a total of $16.85. I am thoroughly disgusted by their unethical practices. I have returned the product and requested a refund. If I do not receive satisfaction, I plan to file complaints with the local authorities, US Postal Service, the FBI and IRS.

Seattle Coffee Directfraudulent charges

As part of another offer I signed up with Urban Tea Direct to recieve a special "free" offer. A special for 4 bags of tea and a pair of mugs and a tea leaf steeper. It was a "free' offer with $39.76 shipping and handling charge. OK no problem, it was worth the shipping for the 4 bags of tea which I hoped was extrodinary. I was supposed to receive a new shipment once a month.

I received my first shipment 10/06/09 and the second on 10/22/09. Ok, a little faster than anticpated but still OK if they wait another month.

There were charges on my debit account for $39.76 on 10/6 and 10/09. Strange they would be so close together but I did receive the products. Here is the kicker>

Alos on my account there are 2 charges to Seattle Coffee Direct for $79.00 on 10/20 and 10/28. I called the company informing them I never signed up for coffee or received any products and there must be an error. i am dumb founded with the answer. They asked if I ordered tea and I said yes, but it was from a different company. It was expalined that it was the "sister" company and that Seattle Coffee also chrages for the tea. Now this makes no sense to me and asked further questions. The answer was that the website said there could be price increases. Totally understandable- everything goes up. But not triple in 2 weeks!

They are double dipping the customer and have no regrets. There was no offer to correct the 2 $79 charges. I am returning the entire shipments (never opened any tea pouches) and expect of full refund of all charges from both companies.

I would like to warn the public that this company is fraudulent. A customer purchses what a contract says. I agreed to shipments for $39.76 and and then am charged additionally double the amount by anther company.

$240 for 8 bags of tea? Not in my house!

C.T.
      michigan

• Sp
          Special K Dec 03, 2009

I too had two fraudulent charges on my account for $79 each. One is from Publicationsmax.com and one is from Seattle Coffee direct. They are sister companies. I ordered coffee over a year ago and closed my account. They seem to have retained my number and are fraudulently charging me for magazines and coffee that I did not order.

• Il
          iLaLa Oct 26, 2009

I filed a complaint with the Better Business Bureau. They got things taken care of immediately! I received a refunded in less than three days! Good Luck!

• Il
          iLaLa Oct 17, 2009

Thanks for posting the mail fraud complaint site. I filed a complaint as soon as I read this and I encourage others to do the same. I was promised 5 items for $25 (Two bags of coffee, two travel mugs, and on ceramic mug). I received all but the ceramic mug and I had four charges to my card from this company totaling over $40. I called the company and was told I'd receive the mug and my funds would be refunded. I've gotten NOTHING nor have I heard from this company since! What a joke!

Cherie Marquez Aug 27, 2009

If you signed up for a trial with Seattle Coffee Direct or World Tea Express and got scammed like myself and hundreds of others, READ THIS! I urge everyone to file Mail Fraud Charges against this company. It's simple to do and if everyone who's been ripped off by this company (myself included) files the Postal Service will be forced to close them down. It’s a very serious charge and they have to undergo and audit of their activities if you file. Here is what you do; Go to this link: https://postalinspectors.uspis.gov/forms/MailFraudComplaint.aspx
          it will provide you with a form to fill out. I choose 'misrepresentation of product/service' on the pull down menu. Make sure you have the company information prior to this. You need the company name and addy to file the complaint; Seattle Coffee Direct 990 Grove Street Suite 204 Evanston, IL 60201 Phone #: [protected]. After reading all the complaints I’m appalled. Don’t let them get away with this.

• Ri

990 Grove St, Evanston IL 60201
          [protected]
          Point of contact is Jennifer Carani, [protected] ext 18

File a complaint with the BBB at http://chicago.bbb.org
          We received a full refund of ALL charges, including the trial package!!

• Me
          Melvin Apr 19, 2009

Followed a link off of the 'Tagged' web site's Mafia Wars game, Offered 2 packets of coffee 2 mugs and a travel mug for $5.00. filled out the form seeing nothing about any further costs or charges. checked account the next day and found a charge for $25.00, I thought, OK maybe $5.00 per item and I missed something. 2 days later a charge for $38.95, 2 days more and there was another charge for $38.95. Needless to say I was bit confused and as it was after closing on Friday could do nothing till this morning. Looked at account again this morning and SCD has ANOTHER charge on my account. Have sense called the bank and locked out that card. Tried looking for contact info on the SCD web site and they only list a phone number that is not answered on weekends. Filed complaints with the Federal Trade Commission, Federal Bureau of Investigation, and the State of Illinois Department of Consumer affairs. Bunch of Thieves.

• Je
          Jeff Berman Nov 04, 2008

Dear MAM,

Jeff Berman
          Direct of Customer Service

• Na
          Nancy Ross Feb 26, 2008

did you get yout $$ back?

Check out www.peel.com

That it the "Umbrella Company"
          over this scam!
          See the link on peel "Commerce"

Hope you filrd with www.ftc.gov &

I got my $$ back, but want to run this guy off the web!!!

maureen a. madden Sep 03, 2007

Took advantage of offer for grinder and 2 lbs of coffee for $9.99; have since been charged $38.95 three times since july 07 and $34 once, with only one credit of $38.95. they sent offered products which i accepted, then 2 other DHL deliveries which I "returned to sender". They owe me $101.91. thanks for your help., MAM

Seattle Coffee DirectCharges and refunds

I fell for the $2.00 gimic of 2 packages of coffee and 2 travel mugs. The day received the package, I called to cancel . within 2 days, there were 2 seperate deductions from my account for the amount of $39.70. I sent both packages back with return to sender on packages and then waited about 2 weeks to call again. They told me it takes 3-5 weeks for the packages to come back to the "office " so they can reimburse customers. But they will not tell you when the packages were scanned for shipment. That way they can keep changing when the 30 day billing cycles begins and ends

Seattle Coffee DirectRefund Not sent to me

I ordered the special of 2 lbs of coffee for 5.99. Every few days my debit card was charged 38.99 and I was covered over with coffee. I called immediately and stopped this mess. Told them I was sending the coffee back immediately and I did. That was in June of 2009. Seven phone calls later and I have only received a refund of 38.99 and that was just last week. I am furious and just made my 8th phone call telling them I was contacting my local TV stations and Georgia Watch ( A consumer Advocacy Group in Atlanta). They promised someone would get in touch with me and as that is a promise I have had before, I do not believe them. I will never do business with this group again.

• Cl
              C L light Nov 30, 2009

Waiting for my refund of $79.40 (39.70x2). Called them and no answer, just a voice mail. Sure wish someone had warned me prior to my ordering :-( Maybe if we email this to everyone we know and each person call their local news station we can stop these folks.
              Sick in Alabama

Seattle Coffee DirectUnauthorized Debits

My husband is 72. He rec'd an email offering 2 pounds of coffee & 2 mugs for $2. That was last week. Within 7 days he has been billed over $119!! Don't go near this company with a 10 foot pole! Our bank says we must contact the company and speak to someone before they will take any action. Have yet to contact a live person, but I'll keep trying!! Check out the Better Business Bureau for a list of all their other shell company names! File a BBB complaint then call or write the Illinois State Attorney General as well as your own. I will hound these people until they refund the money they stole from us. Wish I lived near Evanston!!

Seattle Coffee DirectMAJOR SCAM!

I ordered a special $4.95 offer from this company offerring 2 bags of coffee, 2 mugs and 2 tumblers. Little did I know, they charged $5 for EACH thing, not for them all together. So, instead of being charged $5, I was charged $25. Then on top of that, I was also charged $38.95 for some subscription or something. I sent 2 packages back I received and cancelled my "Membership" as they call it. I called 5 times and the first 4 I was told they just hadn't received my packages. When they did receive my packages, I would be refunded. EVERYTIME I was told I would be refunded. The 5th time I called, the lady explained to me that this is a subscription service and I should have read the terms and conditions more closely. They do not offer refunds, just store credits. I tried arguing that I was told 4 times I would get my money back, but she stood firm that I only get store credit. This company is a major scam and should be put out of business for fraud!

• Qu
                  quiltrunner Nov 18, 2009

Let me caution you that this company "Seattle Direct" is in fact an Illinois company and they have many different names they use -- World Bean Cafe, Direct Coffee -- all scams. They get you in and have your account number, then make the "random" charges. My advice is cancel the card you used to begin with. These people are unscrupulous and it's about 4 people involved. They switch out names - Dometrias also goes by Williams, Beverly has other name, and there is a Nina -- File a complaint with the Illinois attorney general. These people have to be stopped! They have taken my husband for $160 in about 2 months.

Seattle Coffee DirectOverpriced / Unwanted Shipments

I wish I would have read these complaints before trying the offer from Seattle Coffee Direct. During a survey I was offered two 12-ounce bags of coffee, two coffee mugs and two travel mugs for $5. However, with shipping the total was closer to $25. To make matters worse, automatic shipments started every two weeks with billing almost immediately. The auto-shipments were for two 12-ounce bags of coffee and with shipping totalled $35. That's $1.46 an ounce!! In retrospect, you could buy directly from Starbucks and receive two 16-ounce bags (with shipping) for around $27, coming to $0.87 per ounce.

Do not buy this coffee! If you have, cancel immediately. Even then, watch your credit card because they will continue to ship/charge and you will have to eventually change your credti card number and dispute the charges. Too much headache for coffee that is mediocre at best and nearly double the cost of Starbucks.

MASUD Nov 26, 2009

U DONT KNOW AVI SIVAN HE IS AMAZING MAN AND HE GOT NOTHING TO DO WITH UR ORDERS ITS A BIG COMPANY AND U NEED TO TALK TO THE CS ...AVI SIVAN IS JEWISH AND NICE GUY, , , SO STOP IT ...I ORDER THE COFFEE FROM BENNOTI FOR 2 YR AND I LOVE IT..

MASUD Nov 26, 2009

BENNOTI IS GREAT AND THEY SEND ME ALL I WANT AND NO PROBLAMS

• Ex
                    exemployee Oct 02, 2009

REBECCA RAMIREZ YOUR POLICIES SHOULD BE IN ONE PAGE SO EVERYTHING IS UPFRONT AND NOT HIDDEN, I KNOW THIS THINGS ARE DONE PURPOSELY BECAUSE ITS BUSINESS BUT THE KIND OF BUSINESS YOU HAVE IS POORLY BAD HOW LONG HAVE YOU BEEN WORKING WITH THIS COMPANY? FIND ANOTHER JOB COS FOR SURE THAT IF THIS COMPANY RAN OUT OF MONEY THEY WILL LAY YOU OFF. IF YOU HAVE FAMILY FIND ANOTHER JOB IF YOURE SINGLE U CAN STICK WITH IT SINCE ITS RECESSION ITS HARD TO FIND A JOB. GIME BACK MY MONEY!!!

• Ex
                    exemployee Oct 02, 2009

I know the whole balony of this company. the name of the ceo's are avi sivan, prem ramchandani and i forgot the name of the other one he is also jewish and yes they give you fake names they said BEVERLY is the manager then later on i spoke to another customer rep it became MIA and the managers are in a meeting or will come in late. i spoke with RAPHAEL< OLIVIA, didnt catch other customer reps name they tell same stories because they record or type down infos they give to their customers into their system KIM is a supervisor and JEANETTE claiming another supervisor. I dont know how many supervisors they have. if they told you more than 2 then ya know whats the deally yo... another thing they said that their office is located in Illinois I dont think so Its in NY i will hunt the exact address or maybe they moved again because their office keep on moving... (u know this company cant pay for their office rent.) if this company will not stop my shipment which they already charged me and claimed it was shipped out when they cant even provide tracking number bcos they said that the package left their warehouse which also located the same building as per Olivia. but the first person I spoke with she claimed that warehouse is in another place blah blah blah... (full of LIES) Im thinking that this comapny is under TACTICA? THE IGIA? OR MAYBE THE BENNOTI? what else can I tell them to get this people busted? ohw I maybe know where the manager lives? I will get all my source in all my power. I will update all of you and post all this msg to all the websites complaining against this company.

• Ri

990 Grove St, Evanston IL 60201
                    [protected]
                    Point of contact is Jennifer Carani, [protected] ext 18

File a complaint with the BBB at http://chicago.bbb.org
                    We received a full refund of ALL charges, including the trial package!!

• Re
                    Rebecca Ramirez Apr 01, 2009

Dear Adrian,

I apologize for any problems you may have encountered with our company, Seattle Coffee Direct. Here at Seattle Coffee Direct our goal is 100% customer satisfaction. If you have any further concerns, please call to speak to a customer service representative at 888-217-CAFE. For further clarification of our policies, please see our details and terms at https://www.seattlecoffeedirect.com/TC2.php.

Rebecca Ramirez
                    Director of Customer Service
                    [email protected]

Seattle Coffee Directhuge scam!!

This company has gone to such lengths to scam people that the name of the 'actual company' listed by the website is false. For anyone who has been scammed by Seattle Coffee Direct, their real phone number is:[protected]. I would suggest that everyone who reads this immediately call and cancel the "order" you didn't agree to and send a formal complaint not only to the BBB but also to the attorney general of Illinois. Its 100% free (unlike their crappy coffee) and hopefully if enough people do this, these people will be stopped permanantly!!! The "$ 5 no obligation" offer is so much crap that its not even funny, within 2 weeks of the initial order ( the $5 one that is ) i received more coffee than any human could drink and was charged every week for $39 every time!!

• El
                      ellalou Jul 11, 2010

I, too, got scammed for over $200 of unsolicited coffee. I only ordered the promotional "2 for 5". the next thing i discovered, my bank was being charged 38.95 per 2 bags and coming every other week? I was able to stop it after several weeks and only to be promised refund in 60 days after verifying returns? this was in early of last year. After numerous phones calls and emails, in October 09, again, I was promised refund in 60 days. nothing came. I emailed again in 2/28/10, so far no response and now all thelephone numbers are disconnected?

I think WE ALL NEED TO NOW REQUEST THE DISTRICT ATTORNEY TO GE INVOLVED TO STOP THIS SCAM ARTIST. I cant be imagine how the employees involved can sleep at night, let alone gobble food on their table knowing where it came from?

LOUELLA (CALIFORNIA)

• Sn
                      Snappybear Nov 05, 2009

Please see my post, help me and others like us fight these people!

• Fr
                      frantex Oct 20, 2009

it would appear to me that the mother co, Peel Inc and all its secondary companies are engaging in the same bad business practices. Certainly there is a pending class action suit. Or one forming? any information? and no, Your customer service # is always closed.

• Re
                      Rebecca Ramirez Apr 01, 2009

Dear Beth,

I apologize for any problems you may have encountered with our company, Seattle Coffee Direct. Seattle Coffee Direct, like many businesses, is owned by a larger parent company with a different name. The name on the web site, however, is correct for the monthly coffee service we provide. Dissatisfied customers are best served by calling customer service at 888-217-CAFE, where representatives are on hand to answer any questions, and modify or discontinue memberships. The 847 number you provided will most likely reach employees lacking these capabilities. If you have any further concerns, please call 888-217-CAFE. You can also check out the details and terms of our offer at https://www.seattlecoffeedirect.com/TC2.php.

Rebecca Ramirez
                      Director of Customer Service

Seattle Coffee Direct — Fraud - Credit Card

Charges from this company appeared on my credit card twice. I was not sure who they were and they were closed...

Seattle Coffee Direct — Rip off!

Seattle Coffee Directly RIPPED ME OFF!!! It took me nearly one month of digging, but I uncovered the "Wizard...

Seattle Coffee Direct — Misrepresentation and illegal business practices!

We have also been suckered by Seattle Direct Coffee. The initial offer of $9 for two bags of coffee and a...

Seattle Coffee Direct — These people are crooks!

I take all the blame for being stupid and responding to an online survey. The promotional offer was 2 lb of...