Seattle Coffee DirectRip off!

N

Seattle Coffee Directly RIPPED ME OFF!!! It took me nearly one month of digging, but I uncovered the "Wizard behind the curtain". His name is Brian Dale. "President" of peel inc.

990 Grove St. Suite 204
Evanston, Il. 60201
[protected]
[protected]@peel.com

Check out www.peel.com
Click his link for "Commerce".

It's all right there! Seattle Coffee Direct; Shop Dani; Poster Pass

File complaints at: www.ftc.gov, www.chicago.bbb.org.

I got My MONEY BACK!!! YOU CAN TOO!!!

• Ot
    Ottsone Oct 11, 2011

I cancelled a service with these sriminalls in August because I started receiving and being charged for coffee once a week at $38 a pop. Since I missed the part about the coffee being sent more frequently if supplies permitted, I took the resposibilty of the extra charges and cancelled any more service. Now 5 months after I cancelled, I get 2 $79 charges and when I called to get a refund, they initially told me there was a computer error and my account would be reimbursed. Ten days later and still no refund...so I called again and I amtold I wont be getting a tefund and my only option is to dispute the charges. I have since filed with the BBB and contacted the Illinois AGs office. These thieves need to be stopped and if I were an attorney, I would seriously look at a class action suit against this company...Peel Inc is the parent it seems...due to the multitude of people getting scammed!

• Ra
    Randy B May 23, 2011

Billed me $79 for coffee I never ordered. Had cancelled with them a year ago and suddenly they bill me for coffee again. This was for a small bag of coffee too.

James Campbell Apr 11, 2011

I had an account with Seattle Coffee Direct about 14 months ago for a trial offer. I cancelled the account after the trail period.
    I noticed on my checking account a charge from Seattle Coffee for $79.00.
    I cancelled the account 14 months ago and they heve debited my account for a product not ordered.
    I tried calling them with no sucess and they never returned my call.
    Whats with this company, I would never do business with them again and am currently trying reverse the charge. BAD BUSINESS

• Ka
    karen m carlson Apr 10, 2011

this is the same thing that happend to me im still waiting for my refund

• Ka
    karen m carlson Apr 10, 2011

i sent back the coffee that i didnt want they said that i would get a refund of 150.00 its been a year still no refund what can i do about this ? [email protected]

• Ca
    C Alderete Mar 29, 2011

I too have been a victim of Seattle Coffee Direct charging my account twice! I "refused" both shipments. The post office gave me a tracking number(s). I have not heard a word or seen a refund. If you go to their website, it states "no longer taking orders at this site". If you hit contact us, a box comes up with refund information. It states 30 -45 days to receive a refund.
    Let see if I get any money back.
    **Check your statement monthly.

• Te
    tealover61 Mar 14, 2011

In addition, I called the company many times and have received conformation numbers on the credits I was to receive by managers. To date I have not received these credits. I had to cancel my credit card because of this company although my bank will still process the credit. I have moved in the last two months. I wonder how much money they have made on the consume with this scam. They guarantee customer satisfaction, but give e-tailing companies a bad name.

• Te
    tealover61 Mar 14, 2011

Refund Confirmation
    ...
    From:
    "[email protected]" <[email protected]>
    ...
    View Contact
    To: Not displayed for security reasons
    Dear Cindy Dool, Seattle Coffee Direct greatly appreciates your business. You have been issued a refund in the amount of 233.70$ This will go back on to the card with which the initial order was placed, and should reflect in your account within the next 30-60 business days. Please do not reply to this email. If you have any questions please feel free to contact us at: 888-217-CAFE. Your confirmation number is: 233114.

I am still waiting on my refund. Any recommendations?

Mary Beary Jun 27, 2010

Just trying to get some responses to my previously submitted complaints?

Mary Beary Jun 27, 2010

I have previously submitted a complaint, but have not been getting any resonses? Do you have my complaint registered?

• Me
    Melanie Mitchell Jun 22, 2010

I was charged $79.00 for items I did not receive from this company.
    I called talked with "Tameka" was told there had been a computer problem and I would get a refund. That was in Dec. /09 - in 2010 still have not received refund. (Had complaint conf. #276236)
    Thanks

• Li
    lizzylizp Jun 03, 2010

i ordered a package with seattle coffee direct which consisted of two travel mugs, two coffee mugs and a bag of their coffee which was all available for $20 online. soon after ordering this, i noticed on my credit card statement that every month, sometime two or three times, i was being charged almost $40 each time for a coffee membership that i did not sign up for. i had this charge on one credit card bill four times! i called and demanded an explanation and a refund immediately. i had been sent bags of coffee, which i sent back to the company. i have yet to get a refund for the total amount of what was charged and when i looked on my credit card statement and called the numbers listed, the numbers are all disconnected so i can't even speak to someone to rectify this issue.

• Kr
    kraigy28 May 21, 2010

i was billed 45 dollars for damn near six months and kept getting the same coffee flavors, i tried three times a month for five months to cancel and they never answered...i'm extremely pissed..and now again i can't get ahold of them

• So
    sondra Lohman May 10, 2010

I bought a sample for seattle coffee direct and then received four more shipments from the totaling the amount of $ 155.80. The surprised i received was that i returned all the shipments back to them and didn't get any money back. Here I live on a fixed income and needed the money to pay my bills with it. Now i find out that they are out of business!!!

• Mh
    M. Hamilton May 01, 2010

Seattle Coffee only got me for $75 and every time I talk to them they tell me they are crediting my credit card with the $75.00. They also told me to send two shipments back to them in order to receive a refund, so I didn't even get to drink the poor quality of stale coffee. Six months later they said they were having trouble with refunding accounts direct and they would send me a check. It has now been a year since they told me they would refund the money to me, I can't even get a hold of them now.
    I canceled my membership with Gevalia Coffee at the same time and had no problems. Gevalia sent me some really good coffee, but the coffee from Seattle Coffee was fair to poor.
    If a company is going to make claims and promises they should be held them. I had no idea there were so many complaints. I wish we could do something about all these dishonest practices.
    Nobody should mess with a persons coffee, there should be a law against it somewhere in the constitution.

• Su
    susan koessl Apr 28, 2010

i kept getting orders and there is a total of 160.00 on my visa. Even after the merchandise was returned. now the phone number is disconnected and visa will not remove the charges.

• Ta
    Tammie13 Apr 07, 2010

I was ripped off also! I participated in the $5 Coffee deal and I was charged $25. I called to cancel the order the NEXT day and I was told that the order was ALREADY shipped and I would have to put "Return to Sender" on the box when it arrives; after this I would receive a credit. I called numerous times spoke to numerous ppl, some said they received and others said they didn't. I was charged ANOTHER $39.70 after I returned the coffee! I called to dispute this with a "Supervisor" and she told me it was part of the "contract". I NEVER signed a contract and the website NEVER said that you would be billed anything extra. In any event, I canceled the order in the same week! After arguing, they decided to give me a refund for the $64.70. Everytime I called they said its being refunded within the week. This happened back in September of 2009 and I'm STILL waiting for a refund! Now the phone numbers I had for them have been disconnected. I canceled my card, but I'm having a hard time getting my money back with my bank because its been over 90 days. This is WRONG on so many levels!! I can't believe I fell victim to a SCAM!!

• Mp
    M. Price Apr 05, 2010

I was in a similar situation - ended up changing my bank card - when you do that, they will not be able to charge you any more - this is the only way to stop them from STEALING money from people. I have tried to dispute the charges with my bank to no avail. There should also be a way of reporting them and having the law authorities to take care of people like this.

• Ap
    April23 Apr 01, 2010

I cancelled my subscription with Seattle Coffee Direct because I was recieving more than one shipment a month and then a few months later I was chared $79.00 for nothing. I called them the first week of December to get my money refunded and here it is 3 months later and I still don't have my money back. The number that I was supposed to call to check the status of my refund is no longer in service. Stay away from this company!

• Da
    daisiesr4u Mar 26, 2010

the bank helped us, waived those fees and they were able to get their $$ back from SCD

• Da
    daisiesr4u Mar 26, 2010

Same thing happened to us until we submited a complain to the BBB and told our bank.
    Everyone, please close or switch your check or cc accounts as soon as problem's solved cause they tend to charge you again unexpectedly!!

• Ke
    Kelly Miller4 Mar 26, 2010

I also have been dealing with this company for almost a year now with charges to my account of well over $350.00, I immediately sent back all of the coffee that i hadn't opened and called to tell them that it was in the mail and i wanted to cancel all other shipments and receive a refund for a the coffee that was returned. I got the same response of it taking 10-14 business days to receive and process the returned coffee but that i would receive my money back. I continued to call every 2 weeks to find out the status of my refund and never could talk to anyone. I left messages and never got a call back and then just recently the number that i had been calling was disconnected. I am so glad that i found this web site and am not alone in this. I fully intend to get ahold of my lawyer and get this crap straightened out. I also agree with a previous comment that i read that this company should be shut down and that i will probably never purchase anything online again.
    Kelly, MN

• Ab
    abwestbrook Mar 16, 2010

The reason calls won't go thru is because the numbers are either disconnected or give some stupid message about leaving your information and they will send your refund. It doesn't work. I've tried it several times and finally filed a complaint with the BBB. When the BBB responded to me, they were unable to contact anyone from the company, so I'm just considering my $38 a lesson to check any future companies out on the BBB before ordering.

• Jb
    JBroeckel Mar 16, 2010

I did finally get my money back after filing a complaint at the IC3 website as well as the BBB. The BBB contacted Seattle Coffee Direct and had my refund for me in less than a week!!!

File a complaint at this website if you dont recieve your refund when you should have!!!

Thank you BBB !!!

• Ju
    Judy Pomeroy Mar 15, 2010

WHAT A RIPOFF!!! My credit card was billed TWICE for $79.00 for 2 unauthorized purchases of Seattle Coffee Direct (packages contained one 12 oz bag of "gourmet house blend" coffee and a travel mug). THAT IS WAY TOO MUCH $$$ FOR ANY COFFEE. I attempted to return the packages and one has been returned to me. This happened in late November and early December 2009. Return was attempted early January. My bank says it's too late to dispute the charges. Of course no one has ever answered a phone at Seattle Coffee Direct - there ids only a machine saying the call di not go through - try again later.

• Le
    lela hartman Mar 03, 2010

I was also ripped off for a totalof 219.75. Always saying we will refund with no results. I did not ask for all this coffee every two days. I only want to packages and cups. I have sent it all back. No coffee and no money. I want to go to the prosecuting attorney for the state they deal in. What crooks.

• Dm
    d marie st Mar 01, 2010

they are STILL ripping people off-I returned product in Jan 2010 and they still dont answer the phone or credit back the money-even though they have had the product returned! No one seems to know where these people are or who they are or where to find them to stop them!! SOMEONE has to know SOMETHING!!

• Ti
    Tim Cruse Feb 27, 2010

I got 2bags of coffee for2.99 and wound up being charged79.00-twice!I got cancellation e-mail oct 26 2009 with a promise of a refund (I returned the coffee) within 30 days it is now Feb. 27 with countless promises of refund soon, now the tel # just stays busy their website is gone. this is blatant theft, What do you do?

• I also ordered coffee from Seattle coffee direct in Nov 08 and promptly cancelled the membership, a year later 11/27/08 I received unsolicited box of coffee and my bank account was charged $79.00, I called the company and after several tries finely got a hold of someone who sent me an e-mail stating, that a refund would be back in my account within 1-2 business cycles. it has been 3 business cycles and no refund. I called the number listed in the e-mail (1-888-cafe) and apparently the number has been disconnected. I have since talked to FTC, Montana's General Attorneys office, and will be reporting it to Better business bureau. Has anyone here gotten any response from this company?
    Vally Rohde

• Sh
    shuling Feb 26, 2010

They took money from my debit account without authorization. I finally got a hold of someone and was told 30-60 days for a refund. I now can not get anyone to answer the phone, and I have not recieved my money.

• De
    deb525 Feb 25, 2010

I am still waiting for a refund from this company, I called today and due to network problems I cannot even get through to a representative! Really! Last time I spoke with someone the rep told me good luck getting a refund they still have people from last year who have not been credited yet. She said to try my credit card company to reverse the charges that may be the only way to get a refund!

Really!

Absolutely unbelievable!

• Ju
    June Ann Rolfes Feb 23, 2010

I spoke 3 times with a rep. They told me I would receive a refund for an unauthorized debit from my account. That was in Jan. I have tried calling again, but phone is obviously disconnected. They owe me $79 and are not paying up.

• Je
    Jennifer Hixson Feb 17, 2010

I was scammed and still have not received my refund of $79.00 that Seattle Direct took from my account three months after my subscription was cancelled and it is going on 4 months since I was told it was a computer error and I would be refunded my money..Now I keep being told I will get my money if not refunded to my account then by paper check...this is a lie it has been over the 7 days it has been three weeks since that promise...I want my money..If I don't get it I will take out an add against this business and notify the media of what a scam this company is I am sure there are others out there that need protection again this company and ones like it.

• Rt
    R Tenuta Feb 15, 2010

good luck...they have told me that 5 times since last August.

• Rt
    R Tenuta Feb 15, 2010

I can not believe this company is still in business. I have 5 charges of $38.95 each that I have been trying to get credit for. This has been going on for 7 months now. And now the credit card company says they cant help. I am at wits end.

• Ho
    hotschatz Feb 15, 2010

We had the same scenario, and apparently, their website now redirects you to: http://www.peel.com/refund.php?ecom=coffee

It is a form that is supposedly if you want to request a refund...states:

"If you would like to request a refund, please fill out the form below and it will be reviewed in the order it is received. "

Wow! I'm not sure I want to fill that out, as they may do more harm to me!

I've lost about $160, and we too were too late in filing a credit card complaint. We're out the money. Hosed!

Class Action...let's go!
    Dave

• Ro
    Robert E Theriaque Feb 12, 2010

I was sent two shipments of coffee back to back, totalling 79.40.(10/6/09) Called and was told to return them and I would receive refund. Called a second time. Called a third time, spoke to Lanette, and Miss Simmons (12/14/09) Was told the same thing. Called today (2/12/09) got "network error repeatedly". Went to company web site and registered for refund. Did a web search and found the complaints on your site.

Robert Theriaque
    8080 Powderbrook Ln.
    Springfield, VA 22153
    [email protected]
    [protected]

• Mi
    Mizchiefp1 Feb 09, 2010

This company should be closed down, fined and made to repay double the amount to all of the people that they illegally charged their cards like myself. I have been trying to get my 79.00 back since November, the last contact I had with them I was told they would send me a check because they were having problems crediting people's cards. so the old addage "checks in the mail" comes into play. I have yet to receive my check!!!

• Br
    brooke1977 Feb 08, 2010

I have been trying and the phones have been with just a message and disconnects. I am trying to dispute charges with credit card company. If you go to their website, they are basically shut down. All you can do is submit this form and when you do, it tells you it will be like 30-45 days for refund. well my credit card was cancelled so I want to know how to get my refund..

• Ca
    Capt. Ken Feb 07, 2010

My Bank Debit card was charged without my permission for $234.77,
    this is fraud and I would like My money back...I was promised by the
    Seattle Coffee company to be repaid In Nov. 2009, Never happened.
    Do I need to Lawyer-Up or am I going to be paid Back? I'm not