Schick Complaints & Reviews

SchickDisrespectful advertising

My business is graphic design/advertising (on a small local scale). I've found that there are instances of thoughtful and intelligent creativity in advertising, but they are becoming fewer and fewer - lately, I tend to be thoroughly embarrassed by my industry more often than not.

Quizno's and Burger King come to mind when I think "tasteless" and I'm not talking about their food. And, I actually thought I couldn't be more embarrasssed by anything since for years we've been subjected to ads for underwear and personal care products to products to induce or enhance sexual experiences while sitting with family members or even that certain new someone... but I was - just last night - thank goodness I was alone and I'm still not certain I heard/saw correctly... a commercial for the Shick Quattro Trimstyle. Not certain I even want to (or can) describe it... I found this on a complaint site - "I just recently watched the new commercial for Schick Quattro "Trim Style" for women. It features a razor and a bikini trimmer, but the compares a women shaving her most intimate areas to "Trimming a bush." The commercial show various bushes that are over grown being magically trimmed away into shapes that are associated with what women shave. This is just wrong. I need help I have tried to call everyone to get something done about this, but I just get, "Oh I'm sorry you feel that way." Come on women speak out we don't call it our "bush." Let your voice be heard. It is obvious that a man created this commercial."

I think we should all let Schick know we are offended. Just my opinion, but it seems class, respect and tastefulness are just not acceptable anymore. I can't believe a company like Schick would've thought this would appeal to women. Does nothing offend anyone anymore?

Someone mentioned to me that though tasteless, the Schick commercial must've been effective as it was seared in their memory. It may be seared into my memory, too - but right next to that memory is the thought "never purchase another product from Schick again." Advertising can be a two-edged sword - it cuts both ways.

Commercials are a form of brain-washing, affecting a subconscious level more than you might imagine - especially impressionable minds. They are repeated intentionally. Unlike "entertainment" (an entirely different rant) commercials "sell" - and not only products.

If you could program the type of commercials you would accept or like to see along with your programming that would be one thing. I can understand some people enjoying what makes another's skin crawl - that's one reason we pick and choose the shows we watch - but commercials are forced on us. As such, they should be suitable in content, especially in prime time, for all to view.

Wouldn't it be great if the Pandora thumbs up/down system could be incorporated into every remote control permanently blocking that commercial/program, while sending definite a message to advertisers/television producers.

SchickBad service

For awhile I used Veet hair removal the bladeless kind, but I started developing rashes from it yes even with the for sensitive skin kind too..I was looking for a quick, but safe way to shave while in the shower so I tried the Intuition Razor..it's great if you want to pay nearly $9 for two maybe three shaves..the soap melts on the bottom first which can cause nasty cuts and scrapes and an occassional razor burn if you don't keep any eye on it..plus the razor head will rust.the refills are a silly $11 a pop..not going to happen Skippy..so I switched to the silk effects razor not bad good price, but I'm not too happy with the handle..the grips are on the bottom of the razor and on the sides..bottom great, but I have arthritis so gripping the razor on the sides is not possible...my hand wobbles when I try..dare ya to shave while your hand is wobbling!!unfortunately the top of the handle has no grip at all it's smooth plastic which makes it slippery once your leg, underarm or (clearing throat) is soaped up..I wanted to lodge a complaint about the lack of a grip on the top of the razor handle, but could not find a website to do so..so here I am!!

• De
    DELNA G. DAIL Feb 28, 2012

I HAVE BEEN USING THE SCHICK HYDRO 5 RAZOR FOR OVER A YEAR. RECENTLY, I BOUGHT SOME HYDRO 5 BLADES.
    THE FIRST TIME I USED ONE IT ALMOST PULLED THE SKIN OFF MY FACE. IT APPEARS THAT THE BLADE IS NOT SLANTED
    ENOUGH. I HAVE TRIED TWO OF THEM AND BOTH DID THE SAME THING. I NEVER ANTICIPATED THE BLADES TO BE DEFECTED, THEREFORE, I DID NOT SAVE THE SALES SLIP. I WOULD APPRECIATE SOME REPLACEMENT BLADES.
    THANKS!

DELNA G. DAIL
    2213 GREENHAVEN DRIVE
    SUN CITY CENTER, FL. 33573

In The News

A consumer site aimed at exposing unethical companies and business practices