Roni Lynn Deutch Complaints & Reviews

Resolved Roni Lynn DeutchResolve Taxes

On Sept. 12, 2009 my place of employment had burnt down and I was sent out of town for work. During this time, November 2009 I called Roni Deutch Tax office to get help with my past taxes. They immediately told me to hire them it would be $1, 600 for a retainer fee and another $900 to settle with the IRS. They sent me forms to fill out and have all the documents requested sent back to them immediately, no later than Jan. 19, 2010. During this time my wife had just received a phone call from her doctor, telling her that she had cancer. I went home to be with her, and that following monday my employment out of town laid me off. I then called Roni Lynn Deutch Tax Office my situation and they then said to get the papers to them by fax asap. We faxed them the forms on Jan. 19, 2010 They told me that whenever I received anything from the IRS in the mail, to fax it to their office immediately. And to not TALK to the IRS, they will handle from there. Months had passed and they continued to send more paper work to fill out because there was missing information or updated information was needed. About 4 months along we had not heard from Roni Deutch Tax Office and my wife had sent them an fax asking what was going on with my case. They called me and said they were close with getting the papers ready to send to the IRS for a OFFER TO COMPROMISE they just needed more information or updated information was needed. We moved Feb 2010 and sent in the new information of address on the forms. There have been many time lapses with Roni Deutch Tax Office. We received another set of forms, of which was the OFFER TO COMPROMISE to the IRS from Roni Deutch Tax Office and they were to be returned May 23, 2011. Along with the amount of $150 for a processing fee to the IRS, $609 for 20% of the OFFER OF COMPROMISE. Then the following 5 months of $500 ea month to the IRS. This was not a guarentee the IRS would accept this OFFER OF COMPROMISE. As we looked over the papers, there was information that was NOT correct, such as our street residence. Of which we had sent the correct information just prior. I am very upset that we have been taken by this company of a total $2, 500.00. On June 15, 2011 I received a phone call from Roni Deutch Tax Office stating they were dropping my case for the reason they are going out of business and filing bankruptcy. I asked them if they will be returning my $2, 500.00 and they said NO. They said they are going to transfer my case to the National Taxpayer Advocacy. If there is a class action lawsuit against, please let me know!! I AM IN!!

Roni Lynn DeutchRip off

This has got to be the worse company ever. The IRS should be going after them, how do you spell CROOK (RONI DEUTCH) We have never been treated so badly. The same paperwork over and over again. You can never speak to an attorney only the billing office who seems to control everything. They run this place like an assembly line just waited for the next fool to drop some more money into there laps and not do anything about it. Do not under any circumstances use these people. Find yourself a real credited attorney in your own state who might actually give a dam about the people they represent.

• Da
    daisiedoodle1963 Jun 16, 2011

We too, have been taken full advantage of!! We just received a phone call today, 6-15-2011 from Roni Deutch Tax Office. They are going out of business and FILING BANKRUPTCY!! What?? They have not done anything for us except taken our money!

Roni Lynn DeutchStrong arm robbery

I am starting to understand the tactics used by the Law Firm of Ronnie Deutch. I agreed to pay them $5, 000.00 U.S. dollars in return for what they call an Offer in Compromise settlement. I am on my last payment and my salary was levied against to a point were I can not support my family nor pay any bills. I called them to inquire how much longer before a settlement is reached. I also explained that I would not be able to make my LAST payment because of my financial situation. Attorney Elizabeth Kim said "Well these things take time and you should be sensible and understand that we are working hard to get you the best possible solution". As for my last payment, I was informed that if not made by 05/10/2010 they will drop me as a client. My question is this. How long does it take to reach a settlement with the IRS? My case is on its sixth month and I have not seen anything that looks like a settlement. The only thing I hear is that my case is being reviewed and that they should be submitting it to the IRS shortly. Is it possible that they wait to collect on all the agreed upon monies and then give you a lame excuse as to why they can't help? I hear many angry people voicing concerns and alleged misconduct. Has anyone filed a complaint yet? I have this one payment to make and I guess I will see for my self if this is indeed a practice of this Firm.

• Ta
    taxpayer2010 Jul 01, 2010

Actually, I got my offer accepted and attorney Elizabeth Kim handled my case. In addition, what the attorney has said is very legitimate. Offer and compromise does take time. The IRS has to be given time to process the offer. I was very satisfied with her service and I will recommend anyone if they have IRS tax problem.

Resolved Roni Lynn DeutchDon't Use Them

If you have tax issues do not use them to resolve. They will promise you the world up front. They also want their fee of $2, 000 or higher partially up front.

I discussed my tax issue with them in depth only to have them drop me two months later with no notice which they claimed to have sent. Of course I was dropped by them right after i made my final payment. It left me totally exposed with the IRS with no representation. They have a BBB rating of a "D"

There are much better choices than Roni Lynn Deutch

• Cl
    clefus Dec 22, 2009

They treated me horribly and I still owe over 35.000.00 in taxes they reduced my debt by nothing and I am out 4.200.00 . I want people to know this company is the worst kind of parasite there is.

• Jg
    JGriffith Aug 06, 2011

They got me for $2700 back in 2006 and then dropped me because they kept having me send the same paper work over and over and when I said something about it they dropped me. I ended up calling I.R.S. and making my own arrangements with them. Could of used that $2700 to help pay my tax bill.

Resolved Roni Lynn DeutchNo tax review, no customer service

I went to Roni Deutch tax center on Pilot House Road and Jefferson in Newport News and worked with Pam on my tax return. She was having trouble linking my documents and decided she needed to talk to the Help Desk. She told me she'd call me back when she was finished and I could come back in. I left and ran some errands, 4 hours later I got a call back and she told me she couldn't get me a higher return because I made too much money and that the Help Desk had gone over every line with her. I said, okay, I'll come in tomorrow and go over the paperwork and bring you a voided check so I can get direct deposit. She hesitated and said, the check will just get mailed to your house, I said, no, I want direct deposit...she hemmed, she hawed and then she said she had ALREADY submitted my tax return to the IRS and it was too late. Unbelieveable, I didn't get to sign nor approve my own tax return. So she says she will try to get it back but won't know until and will be in the office first thing in the morning to get it resolved. I called the office this morning, she isn't there and neither is the owner...I'm so upset...and I am not going to take this type of service sitting down!

Resolved Roni Lynn DeutchScam

I gave them $3000.00 over 8 months for an offer and compromise on a $52000.00 IRS debt. they offered the IRS $238.00. It was denied. Before

they even entered the OIC I told them that the IRS would not except an offer that low. I was told by one of there phone jockeys that they do this all the time. I say phone jockeys because I never got to speak to my attorney at all.just some phone jockey who knew nothing about my case.

Well it was denied my phone jockey said they did all they could do but if I wanted to hire them again they would send in a higher OIC. Can you believe that? They wanted me to hire them again. You've got to be crazy.

As if I would be dumb enough to let them take my money twice.It is all to familiar, companies, agencies, etc. take your money make promises they cant fulfill and walk away with your money. Something needs to be done!!!

• Pa
    Pam77092 Mar 10, 2010

File a grievance with the California State Bar and see if that will work. Yes something needs to be done with these scam artists that prey on the incident trying to take care of our business.

Resolved Roni Lynn Deutch — scam - fradulent practices

I hired Roni Deutch's office in November of 2008 as I owed back taxes. My business was failing and I had...

Resolved Roni Lynn DeutchFraudulent Practices

I contacted the business in hopes I could have help with my IRS Tax issue. Upon contacting the Business, I was interviewed and gave information concerning my IRS and Financial situation. Upon completion of the phone conversation I was told that the Business would be representing me in the matter at hand, for a fee, and would retain a Non Collectible Status for me, with the IRS, thus stopping all collections currently being made by the IRS. All I needed to do was start paying the business and return completed paperwork to there firm, then the process would begin and within 30 days, the IRS would be placing me in this said Non Collectible Status, thus stopping there collections.
I had been in contact with the Firm on many occasions. I started becoming concerned with there lack of communication with me, unless it were to collect payments from me. After making 3 payments, totaling $900.00, and not receiving adequate feedback, I contact the Firm and expressed my concerns. I was again reassured that everything was ok and that I would be receiving paperwork in the mail that would explain the next steps towards finalizing the Non Collectible Status process, but that There was a payment due within a week, and I needed to make sure I made this payment. Two days after the phone conversation, I receive the paperwork in the mail. Only to find that they could not follow through with there promise of placing me in Non Collectible Status, and gave me three options, which I, myself, prior to seeking there help, had already pursued with the IRS. So what did I receive for the money had paid, nothing but a bunch of paper work, and mistakes made on the Firms part, which caused the claim to become void for Non Collectible Status. I was extremely concerned. I immediately faxed a cancellation of services letter to the Firm and then mailed a copy to them. They were more than happy to cancel me, but then send me a letter stating I may be billed for the remaining amount of services. I was like what ? I can see how they could get away with scamming people out of there money and chalking it up as that person fault. Besides, how would you go about getting your money back ? Lawsuit ? probably not as it would cost more for an attorney than the fees you paid them. They obviously know this. And, if you use a credit card, you only have so many days to file a dispute. This is why they want you to use a credit card and delay your services until the date in which you can file a dispute is abolished..
Yes, they may have helped a few people with certain tax issues, but from what I am reading form others, is the same story I am telling. It is so sad that companies have to hurt those who are less fortunate. Most of the people like myself, are not well off financially, thus we seek help to loosen the financial burden's we may have and use these kind of firm's to assist us in good faith. So sad. I hope this injustice is stopped. Just because your an attorney does not mean that you can use the law to manipulate and cohere others into spending there hard earned money without anything of value to show for it.

Concerned,
David Gibson

• Sc
    Scammedinsacramento May 29, 2009

I can totally relate and agree with you 100%. I am looking for others who want to file a class action suit against them. They prey off the "mis fortunate". I may be down right now, but if you look at my history, I will be back on top again and I will find a way to pay for someone to investigate the wrong doings they have committed against me. You are too kind in saying they may have helped some. I have yet to find the "some" they helped. I live in the city they are headquartered in. I wish I would have investigated them further before I committed to their "service". It is clear they are a shoddy organization and could care less aobut their "reputation".

• Cr
    CrazyMomD Aug 12, 2009

Have you filed a complaint with the BBB? There are 215 complaints against this company. I'm not sure how much help the BBB will be in settling everyone's complaints, but it doesn't hurt to report it. Then there is always the news channel route, i.e. Call Kurtis in Sacramento. It's always worth a shot - the more negative press this firm gets, the more good your unfortunate circumstance will do for others.

• Ca
    Carol MS May 13, 2010

Wow guys, I was going to call them, but I had misplaced the phone number, so I simply Googled them to get the phone number. Thank God that instead I came across the many, many people who have encountered problems with them. If anyone knows of a reputable firm that can assist with IRS troubles, I'd love the reference, but rest assured, I will be using your experiences to help me know not to fall into the same trap.

Thank you for sharing your experiences. I appreciate the warning!

• Sr
    S Ray Jun 03, 2010

Wow, I just hired these people and I am already feeling like they don't care what happens as long as they get there money. Nothing has been done to stop my wage levy. I might have to call it a lost and go with a local attorney to help my with my problem with the IRS

• Mc
    McConagha Sep 03, 2010

Now may be the time!!!

Check out the news release from the California Office of the Attorney General Edmund G. Brown Jr. on August 23rd.

He is issuing a $34 million against them for swindling thousands of people.

For more information and to place a complaint you will need to go to the California Office of the Attorney General.

Resolved Roni Lynn Deutcha tax professional took my money

I MADE THE MISTAKE OF HIRING RONI LYNN DEUTCH TO HANDLE MY BACK TAX ISSUES, I PAID UP FRONT OVER $500.00, SECOND GUESSED MY DECISION OF HIRING THEM, CALLED THE NEXT DAY TO CANCEL THEIR SERVICES, REQUESTED REFUND, WAS MISINFORMED ON PAPERWORK REGUARDING REFUND, EVENTUALLY GOT REFUNDED $123.00 OF THE $500.00 PAYMENT. WHY WOULD THEY KEEP OR DEEM NO SERVICE FROM THEM AT ALL TO COST OVER $390.00? THEY DID NOTHING FOR ME! I CANCELED SERVICE THE NEXT DAY! WHERES MY FULL REFUND?ANYONE FILING A CLASS ACTION LAW SUIT PLEASE RESPOND, I AM WILLING TO PARTICIPATE!

• Sc
    Scammedinsacramento May 29, 2009

I too am looking to find people who are willing to file a class action against them. When you Google Roni Lynn Deutch you will find 100's of complaints. We should some how all get together and figure out how to do this. I'm in too!

• Cl
    clefus Dec 22, 2009

I'm ready, lets do this

• To
    tonyzgirl Jan 04, 2010

Hello, I'm definitely in. I live in MD and used them about 8 yrs ago. Very disappointed in them.

D. S.

• To
    tonyzgirl Jan 04, 2010

Please let me know if there's a class action.

• Gl
    G. Leah Gonsalves Feb 05, 2010

Yes, I feel the 2500.00 paid to them was not justifiable for what they did. I started when Living in California and moved to Texas and nothing was really done to help. I am in.
    Leah Gonsalves

• Pa
    Pam77092 Mar 10, 2010

tI totally feel ya, i was scouped up in the mess today and wrote a letter to cancel the draw on my account, let's see what happens, also telling them that i don't want them to represent me, and if they don't cancel the draw tomorrow i will file a grievence with the State Bar of California and see if that will work.

sande51 May 21, 2010

We had trouble too. We hired RD when the IRS denied several appeals and seized our bank account. My husband called RD, we agreed to pay $250 the next day, however the next day we received correspondence from the IRS they would grant our appeal and returns our $$ to us. We called RD within 24 hours to cancel and spoke to the "salesperson" MD. He told us we should receive a refund within 30 days. I followed up with a letter. Several weeks later we still had not received the $250 refund and called RD again. This time we were told an attorney would be looking at our account to determine the eligibility of our refund. Next thing I know, we received a letter stating we owed RD $390, however they would "forgive" the additional $140, in lieu of the $250 deposit payment we paid. What a bunch of crooks!!!

Resolved Roni Lynn DeutchRipped me off of $1,875.00 the last of my 401k

What these people have done to me is the very reason this country has problems. They are the worst of the worst. They got me for $1, 875.00 and 10 days before my 90 day irs mandate, to appeal they cancelled my power of attorney. I can only hope and pray that others aren't suffering the way I am. What a God awful shame that this country has come to this. Spread the word and good luck!! At this point and time I have no where to turn. At one point they sent me a letter stating that if I no longer wanted their service I would not have to continue with my payments if I was on the payment plan. How thoughtful seeing as I paid them in full. I want a full refund; and all television, radio, and newspapers that are pushing their business should be ashamed of themselves. People the irs is on to them!

• Co
    Corrine Crickmore Apr 03, 2009

I got ripped off for $1700+ from them as well. They were supposed to get me in Non-Collectible status. Hired in May 2008, got a bank levy in October 2008. Was told by my "attorney" that he had scheduled a time on his schedule to call the IRS to schedule a call to discuss my situation. They couldn't get the levy released, and they took every penny in my account plus an additional $250. The "attorney" said our best bet would be to pay the taxes (Over $5000), and we somehow came up with the money and paid the IRS every penny we owed. Ended up spending over $7000 for our $3800 tax bill. PLEASE don't use this company. We requested half our money back and they refused to give us anything back. Deal with the IRS yourself! They will take your money and do NOTHING. *** Beware!!***

• Je
    Jessica Perez Jun 09, 2009

I'm totally on your side. Although they took me for $1000.00 and may not seem like alot to some people, but for a single mother of 3, it's alot to me. They took my money knowing that with what I told them, the IRS would not accept an Offer to Compromise. I wish I could get my money back but don't know how to proceed.

• Do
    Donboy Aug 03, 2009

Nearly the same thing happened to me. These guys did absolutely nothing. Kept requesting the same information over and over, even forgetting that I had supplied it to them a short time before. Finally they just resigned as my attorney after doing NOTHING for a couple of years. Was much easier to deal directly with the IRS myself.

• Rp
    rptoff09 Aug 21, 2009

I went through the same thing. If you have any questions and need to speak to one of their "Highly Skilled" attourneys forget it. You get stuck with the snotty customer service reps. All the paperwork that they have you file time and time again only to find that they deliver it to your home via courier and the envelope is under my car not even at my front door and with a deadline that was 1 day..yup..1 day away! I called and was never given any good response. I found out that in my case the IRS had me down as making way more money that I actually do and that was the issue. If RD would have caught that error then I would have been done way before. When they filed my offer in compremise they never checked my paperwork or the responses from the IRS. It was an "oh well" attitude! They just sent it along and I only found out that the "annual income" was incorrect after they did not renew my power of attourney. I ended up filing an appeal myself and though it took quite some time it was way better than having to deal with this rip-off company.

• Av
    A.V1983 Dec 15, 2009

I just got the Offer in comprmise letter from Ronni L D saying I was denied by the IRS. I gave 2, 025.00 dollars for them to help me settle my debt with the IRS and instead all they did was take my money and run. The one thing I hate the most is their customer service reps. They have a snotty attitude everytime I call and they don't care about anything!!! DONT NOT USE THIS FIRM... I can't believe that we're just letting them get away with this..