Real Player Complaints & Reviews

Real Playerinstallation

I have had real player for years and recently it keeps telling me i cannot play my music until i upgrade. i have upgraded numerous times and this should not be done so often. After i upgrade it, again, it deletes all of my music that i have saved on there. This should also not happen. Another thing is when i upgrade it gives the option to install Norton security, which i deny as i do not need this, yet it installs in on my laptop anyway, even though i have denied it. As it started the upgrading process i wished to cancel the loading page. yet the top corner 'x' and the 'cancel' button were in pale grey and it would not allow me to cancel it. This means i had no option but sit and wait for it to upgrade, (which it didn't need) and then after i had to try and delete the Norton security that it falsely downloaded onto my computer. If i have denied real player access to download norton then it should NOT download anyway as it is against what i have selected and the company should not be forcing this upon people. The cancel button should also be available as this means you have no 'opt out' from the upgrade which your company/product SHOULD have. My music should also not be deleted every time i upgrade. It is fair to say i wont be using real player anymore as this is terrible service and very false.

• Ro
    RobertCarr Feb 15, 2008

I did not authorize Real Player to deduct funds from my account and I did not order the service that they are charging me for.

sam Feb 26, 2008

This happened to me too. Watch out, they charged me for Unlimited Movies shortly after the Superpass charge.

I am currently disputing the charges with them.

• Ju
    jun estrella May 30, 2009

RN *REAL PLAYER SUPERPA & UNLIMITED MOVIES charged on my credit card but cannot play movies and receives error message

• Lt
    L T Fan Jun 25, 2009

I was billed on the above products thru the credit card every month for US$4.94 since 5/2/09 without knowing where it is being used or when it was downloaded, pls cancel the service and refund me the amount with immediate effect. My e-mail is : [email protected]

• Br
    Bruce Loxton Mar 21, 2010

Unable to contact rn *radiopass uk to cancel a direct debit on my american express credit card.

• Mi
    Mikanevans May 09, 2010

On my Visa Card I have a billed amount of £8.50 to RN*r1 Superpass Premium Reference 0870-2402486. Can this please be canceled.

Please respond to [email protected] and copy to [email protected]

Michael Evans

• Ia
    ian james Sep 17, 2012

Why does my real Player ask me to upgrade, when I already have, and paid nearly £40.00 to up grade to Real Player Plus .my email is [email protected] .com

• Sh
    Shirley Amelia Davis Apr 15, 2014

I paid $49 for Real Player Plus and now they want me to pay again for a reduce rate. This was to be a one time charge

Real PlayerCharges

I was unknowingly billed for a product I was unaware I was being charged for. This recurring charge happened over several months

It is made so confusing (purposely in my opinion) that a buyer is unsure of what you are buying. I bought a trial to 'unlimited movies' and when I went to cancel, I found I was also being billed (recurring also) for 'super pass'.

These people are making a fortune out of swindling people $10 here, $50 there.

It would be easy to spell this out clearly but this is the most confusing company/sales process I have ever come across.

I will NEVER buy another product from them again.

(my proof is on my Real Player account and my CC statements)

• Fr
    Fruits Aug 15, 2012

The phone number supplied on the site doesn't work. Cancellation seems impossible.
    If you change your account settings to:
    Language: English (Canada)
    Zip/Postal Code: 243-8511
    Country Region: Japan

It works! It will let you cancel the subscriptions online. Make sure you cancell all subscriptions separately.

Real PlayerFree Version!

I have the FREE Version of Real Player. They now have a copy of ALL of my music! I can not export any of it, in any way! I can not contact them, because I never paid them $$$ ...no one has spoke of the FREE version until now... They are Evil Money Hungry *%#@!

How can they get away with this?
If I delete them, will I lose everything? No one on this Planet knows this answer!!! Lost for words... Rad

Free Version!

• Radicalreels Jun 11, 2010

All my Videos are held prisoner in Real Player! I can not use the now with my Windows Movie Maker! They are MY videos, not downloaded ones!
    They sent me a worthless link that goes to a blank page! I can not use windows movie maker for MY Videos anymore and I am about to do a You Tube Video that tells the world what this site is really all about!

Here is the error I get when I try to use MY videos in Windows Movie Maker! I this whole thin a Scam? I wonder? I am a Partner on You You, lets see if I get results that way, since Real Player won't answer my emails!

Comments

• Radicalreels Jun 21, 2010

After over two weeks of email to their misfit staff of experts, I deleted Real Player! I never Downloaded anything! They stole my videos when I played them in their player! They are lost forever! Here is a screen shot to prove that Real Player is a big mistake! I am deleting the player again, this time forever! Like I said three years ago above, They are worthless!

Comments

• Radicalreels Jun 29, 2010

I talked with a nice man with Customer support! He helped in less than one minute! I had the settings so the videos ere on .flv format! That's why I could never get it to work. So I was wrong! I can't delete my bad comments but I do give this update that they did help me and all is well now! Thank you Real Player!

Resolved Real Player — Unauthorized Credit Card Charges

My complaint is with real player. I took a 7day free trial and at end can subscribe if I like it. I had Real...

Resolved Real PlayerMisuse of credit card information

This company took my credit card information when I downloaded real time player. They told me that if I had read the small print in the agreement for the software download that I would have seen that I was going to be charged on a monthly basis to use their "superpass". Since this was on my business card, my accountant presumed it was part of our website marketing fees. Thus we've been charged $12.99/month for a service we've never used or requested. When we called to cancel this service, they asked me "Didn't you read the small print when you signed up for the software download?" Very poor business practice to sucker people into paying a monthly fee for a service they don't need or want by offering them a supposedly free software! This company should be reported to the Better Business Bureau for perpetrating a scam on the public. There are many complaints about this on the web!

Resolved Real Playerddownloads

2601 Elliott Avenue, Suite 1000
Seattle, WA 98121

Telephone: [protected]
Email: [protected]@real.com

I know...I'm great, the King, the smartest.

Real PlayerUNABLE TO CANCEL ORDER

Had second thoughts after I had signed up for Real Player add ons did not realise it was going to be a monthly subscription, so I tried to cancel nothingon line or is it me.
I received my bank statement yesterday wondered what this RN TONEPASS was used Google to search and wow I didnot realise there were others like me

Please advise

On Monday I am contacting my bank to cancel the monthly payment

David Dein Oct 24, 2008

Hi all, I have recently sent an email to Real for a FULL REFUND of $103 (8 MONTHS of BILLING Without MY APPROVAL!!!).
    Please see copy of email below which includes some of the CONSUMER PROTECTION ACT which Real has clearly NEGLECTLY thus they're FRAUDULENT AND MUST BE STOPPED so PLEASE read my proposition (about compiling a dossier of ALL of our complaints) at the bottom of this letter. Feedback much welcomed!

Hi,
    I'm very sorry to say this matter is not 'SOLVED' until you justifiably refund the payments that came out of my partner's Credit card account WITHOUT PERMISSION. Since you have access to our account and previous records you may well note that we have not used any Realplayer software and that our account has been 100% INACTIVE throughout the 8 month period in which we were falsely charged!!! We are absolutely embarrassed by your response and so-called 'customer service skills' - you can see that these charges have been incorrectly made and that a very unfortunate mistake has occurred as a result. Yet, you continue to shy away from rectifying the situation and, moreover, NEGLECT the justifiable wishes of your 'customer's'!! Disgraceful behaviour I'm afraid; shame on you and shame on your company for failing to carry out your job in a proper, just and moral manner!!
    Once again, we are requesting A FULL REFUND OF INCORRECT CHARGES incurred over the 8-month period, 03/10/2008 - 10/11/2008.
    Please allow me to remind you and your company about THE CONSUMER PROTECTION ACT 2003 FOR INTERNET SALES CONTRACT REGULATIONS (You can look this up yourself here: (http://www.gov.ns.ca/JUST/REGULATIONS/regs/cpintrnt.htm) which STATES the following (I'm SURE you and YOUR COMPANY already know this extremely well but PLEASE bare with me for a MINUTE):

R.S.N.S. 1989, c. 92
    O.I.C. 2002-327 (June 28, 2002, effective December 19, 2003), N.S. Reg. 91/2002Information considered disclosed

DISCLOSURE OF INFORMATION:
    3 For the purposes of Section 21X of the Act, a supplier shall disclose the following information to a consumer before entering into an internet sales contract with the consumer:

(e) AN ITEMIZED LIST of the price of the goods or services being SOLD TO THE CUSTOMER and ANY ASSOCIATED COSTS payable by the consumer, including taxes and shipping charges;

(f) A DESCRIPTION OF ANY ADDITIONAL CHARGE that may apply to the contract, such as customs duties and brokerage fees, the amount of which cannot reasonably be determined by the supplier;

(g) the total amount of the contract, or, where the goods or services are being purchased over an indefinite period, the amount of the periodic payments under the contract;

(l) the supplier’s cancellation, return, exchange and refund policies, if any; and

(m) any other restrictions, limitations or conditions of purchase that may apply.

INFORMATION CONSIDERED DISCLOSED:
    4 A supplier is considered to have disclosed to a consumer the information required to be disclosed in Section 3 if

(a) the information is prominently displayed in a CLEAR AND COMPREHENSIBLE manner; and

(b) the consumer is able to RETAIN or PRINT the information.

Oh and this REGULATION is a BIG ONE - CLOSELY RELATED TO YOUR COMPANY SO PLEASE PAY ATTENTION:

CONTENT AND DELIVERY OF INTERNET SALES CONTRACT:
    5 (2) A copy of an internet sales contract provided by a supplier pursuant to Section 21Z of the Act shall be:

(a) SENT BY E-MAIL to the E-MAIL ADDRESS provided by the CONSUMER (That's me & my partner in this case - though we didn't know anything about it?!) to the SUPPLIER (That's YOUR COMPANY) for the provision of INFORMATION related to the CONTRACT;

(b) sent by facsimile to the facsimile number provided by the consumer to the supplier for the provision of information related to the contract;

(c) mailed or delivered to an address provided by the consumer to the supplier for the provision of information related to the contract

Unfortunately, RealPlayer (SuperPass) have OVERLOOKED ALL OF THESE CRUCIAL CUSTOMER PROTECTION REGULATIONS and thus it's no big surprise when I tell you that I am currently one 'customer' (?) out of several THOUSAND/hundred thousands that are experiencing SIMILAR ISSUES with your services on the internet! The biggest issue I and, as stated, lots and lots and lots of other internet browsers are having is YOUR CLEAR LACK OF PROVIDED INFORMATION ABOUT FUTURE SUBSCRIPTION PAYMENTS (Regulations 4(a and b)) and YOUR LACK OF E-MAILS TO CONFIRM THE SUBSCRIPTION PAYMENTS (Regulations 5(a, b and even c))!
    Once again, we are requesting A FULL REFUND OF INCORRECT AND CHARGES incurred over the 8-month period, 03/10/2008 - 10/11/2008.
    I have now spent well OVER 2 HOURS of my precious time dealing with a situation that should NEVER have materialised in the first place; needless to say I am losing the last little ounce of patience that I may or may not now possess. I am a very ethical person and believe in what's just, fair, right - (call it what you please) thus I am requesting that your company now follows suit by returning the unethical 'mistaken' charges, taken from our credit card, IMMEDIATELY IN FULL ($103.92USD). In my last email, the word 'fraudulent' was not directed at a third party credit card scam, no Veeresh, it was directed towards your company and its clear neglect of The Consumers Protection Act!
    Should you choose to REFUSE the rightful REFUND or even DELAY this matter further by choosing NOT TO REPLY (I'm sure your company is BIG & EXPERIENCED enough to avoid the latter) I will proceed in the following way:

FIRSTLY, my partner and I will compile a dossier of our (and several thousands of other violated consumers) more-than-justified allegations. SECONDLY, we will put these in an affidavit format complete with the specific statutory violations your company has made and then THIRDLY, hand your government this entire case on a (big dinner) plate in order for them to deal with this gross misconduct of a well established company.
    We may also decide to chuck in desert, which would be inevitably be detrimental to your company (again), by putting the allegations together as a Case Prosecution Summary (the way agents present cases to the US Attorney's Office) and publish it on the Net for all to see EXACTLY how your company operates. Don't worry about the lack of exposure this will receive as I'm VERY experienced with Google's PPC Adwords!
    Last note, I fully advocate the Law of reciprocity which suggests the universe gives back what you give out so in our case we're asking that you rightfully give return (GIVE BACK) our 'subscription payments' that we're wrongfully taken from our credit card (GIVEN OUT).

JCallinan

PS: Please accept my invitation for you and your company to do the RIGHT thing here or I will make an example of this wrong doing so that others need not go through this disgraceful ordeal!

Real PlayerChargers that I was not aware of

Chargers of 14.99 began showing up on my charge card from RN SUPERPASS FROM REA. I was unaware that I had given or signed up for this service. I can only figure that it was some sort of miss leading way in which I would have given this information. However, I was able to get an agreement to get a full refund within 7 to 10 days. This is some how tided to Real Player. So I would caution anyone about Real Player.

Real Playerstop charging

i don't have realplayer in my computer and i'm not download anything but they are charging me money from my credit card so i want to stop charging . i want to cancel all service and contracts so please help me and stop charging me money i'm not affordable person. thank you

Real PlayerUnauthorized charges

I got charged 14.99 for RN Superpass. I tried to install the Superpass but it didn't work. Not at all!!! Now I got charged for a program that I could not even install. Real Player has a terrible service.

Real PlayerUnusual Charge to My credit Card

I noticed that RN*RN TONEPASS MAY 866-420* HAS DEDUCTED US DOLLAR 4.98 FROM MY CREDIT CARD ON 8TH MAY 2008 UNDER TRANSACTION REFERENCE NUMBER [protected] 361. THIS IS ILLEGAL. IF THERE IS SOME SORT OF REGISTRATION DUE TO WHICH YOU ARE DEDUCTING PLEASE CANCEL THAT REGISTRATION AND DO NOT CHARGE MY CARD AGAIN. IF YOU NEED ANY CONFIRMATION, PLEASE WRITE AT MY EMAIL ADDRESS PROVIDED ABOVE. THANKS.

JCallinan

Real PlayerCan't play purchased music!

My biggest complaint with realplayer is that I can't play purchased music. Most of the time I have used 'free credit' because I have Superpass. When I try to play any of my purchased music I get one of three messages: "We can't find the music", "This is a Rhapsody download and you can only play it after you log into your Rhapsody account" They don't tell me I bought it there, just that I downloaded it from there. This is interesting because I don't even have Rhapsody. I couldn't have downloaded it from Rhapsody. They have told me that I have downloaded it from RealPlayer. I didn't know you could even download music from RealPlayer without buying it!. And through out all of this they keep telling me that I have "insufficient rights" because I haven't paid for this music.

We have been going rounds for 8 months. They keep telling me I have to prove this. I have sent them copies of what is on "My Account" on Realplayer, that shows what I have bought when, and for how much. I have also sent copies of the messages I get when I try to play the music.

They have told me I need me I need to uninstall the program and install it. I have done this at least 12 times. And I have even more problems now. Especially with the new edition. Every time I open this It tells me I have to uninstall Realplayer and install the new edition again. I have also been told me that since I have the free edition I can't play my music on it.