Prestige USA Complaints & Reviews

Prestige USAscam

A man came to the door to sell children's books for $55 each for his soccer team trip to Hawaii. He stated he lived in the neighborhood next to ours. Reached into his pocket and brought out a laminated folded information form with pictures of the books. Looked to be in his 20's but kept referring to his dad. " My dad reminded me to introduce myself". Also offered to do a good deed for me if I bought a book (like wash my car). He seemed nervous and stated he would fill out the order form for me. I told him my husband wanted to look up the company (prestige USA) before I bought anything and he quickly said: Go ahead and let him look and I will come back. He then proceeded to exit very quickly.

Prestige USAMagazine Sale Fraud - Soccer Trip to London

I'm embarrassed to say I fell for this scam too. Like others here I was approached by two clean-cut, very polite boys selling magazines to finance a trip to London to play in a soccer championship. They said they had just won the state championship and they were in last Sunday's local newspaper (which oddly they didn't have with them). I hadn't seen the paper and I like to donate money each year to the troops overseas so when they mentioned I could donate the magazines to them I felt I would be helping a local school's soccer team and our troops.

While the one boy delivered his pitch I felt something wasn't quite right but I kept telling myself I was being paranoid. Stupidly I allowed these boys into my home. When I asked what school they attended they said they were both home schooled. Luckily I didn't have any cash so I wrote two checks (later canceled) to Prestige USA, which seemed odd since you would think one check would be fine for the same charitable cause. Also, one boy had me put the magazine names in the memo field while the other had me write in the numbers of the receipts he provided. This seemed odd too since most charities I've donated to do things consistently. But I kept telling myself I was being paranoid.

After they left I looked up Prestige USA and found the many posts on this site along with other sites. I immediately canceled the checks; better to be out $32 than a few hundred. It's really a shame because I like to give to charitable causes but people like this make you think twice, or not answer your door at all.

Mazzy Star Dec 11, 2009

I also answered the door to a nice athletic looking young man. He claimed he was a neighbor's grandson. I don't know this neighbor but live in a development of condos of many I don't know well. He claimed his grandmother put him up to selling tonight. She is Mrs. "so and so" and walks the little white dog. I see quite a few little white dogs around the neighborhhod. He said the magazines go to men and women fighting in Iraq. I thought, around the holidays, that was a nice thing to do for our soldiers. He also claimed to be 18 and in the paper for a no-hitter game this past week.
        I like football. I didn't realize at the time - there is NO HIGH SCHOOL BASEBALL games right now. I'm feeling very taken! There is not much information on the receipt, but I have 3 days to cancel. So, rather than chance the cancellation not making it through- I will pay the stop payment fee on my check. Do not give this company your money. Yes! If you are reading this, by now you have probably made the same mistake. I'm willing to pay the stop payment fee and learn not to get sucked into to any "student" charities, unless I know them personally -period-
        In hindsight, I recall my co-workers stating their kids are not allowed to go door-to-door for any fundraisers! It didn't dawn on me until the charming young man walked away with my check!

Prestige USAScam - Salesman Lied

I had a guy alleging to be my "neighbor from Longvue Street" saying he was "raising money for a trip to Hawaii for his baseball team". After talking and pushing his way into my front door he sold me some overpriced books. After saying yes, I noticed the tatoos on his arms, cigarette stains on his fingers and smell of cigarette and booze on his breath. My alleged "neighbor" was a shady and intimidating sales guy who walked away with $40.00 of my cash.

notdumbenoughtofallforthis Jun 30, 2010

You people are so stupid - do you honestly buy things from people going door to door? I mean, come on...really? You have no one to blame but yourself!

Wise up!

• Up
          Upset Single Mom Mar 03, 2010

Me and my sister had a nice "college" student come to my door and sold me and my sister expensive books and walked away with $164 from me and my sister!!! i believe i have a receipt at home and im gonna call and put in a complaint cause this is ridiculous. He looked like a nice young, chinese boy who wanted to raise money for a college trip also. This is soo messed up.

• Su
          SuperVepr Nov 03, 2009

Princi. What a buffoon.

• Eileen (er, "Principissa" or "norman bates" or whatever you are calling yourself when you read this) - try letting people get answers to their concerns instead of trolling 10 threads (at last count) trying to annoy people that actually HELP legitimate complaints. If you REALLY have a need to attack people to make yourself feel better, join a ###-fighting club or something. Leave the grown-up stuff to the grown-ups... ok? Your opinion is more worthless than the ones you try to run down.

• Cj
          cjom Aug 04, 2009

I TOO think that I was scammed. Although, my "college" student didn't fit the description of yours.

I also paid $40 for a set of books on 5/20 & STILL have not received them.

I could hit myself for not writing down his name, phone number, & address.

He didn't give me a receipt even though the order was written up.

DID you get a receipt?

Did you pay with a check or cash?

I feel like an idiot!

I emailed the company since no phone numbers are given on the PRESTIGE U.S.A. website. I HOPE that I will receive an answer as to WHERE my order is.

jm