Perfume Free Zone Complaints & Reviews

Perfume Free ZoneSunglasses

Objectively speaking, this is an unprofessional, amateur company. I
wish I would have read the reviews before I made my purchase. They
pretty much describe my experience (well, not the '5 star' ones
written by company employees). I like what I ordered (sunglasses), but
I will never do business with them again (and I felt it was my duty to
share my experience with my family, friends, co-workers and even
acquaintances...even though it's so small that none of them had even
heard of Perfume Free Zone).

After one month of waiting for my "priority" shipped order, I emailed
(I guess they can't afford a receptionist/ contact phone number) PFZ
to try to determine the status of my order. "Ironically, " my order was
"just shipped - priority mail" that same day. After 2 more weeks
passed (6 weeks since my original order date) without receiving it, I
requested that they cancel my order. They ignored my cancellation
request, telling me that they would try to contact the post office to
determine the location of my package. I asked again that they cancel
my order, but I did not receive a response. After another week of not
receiving my order nor a refund, I filed a dispute with my credit card
company (I thought I had definitely been scammed). Then, one week
later, my PFZ order arrived in the mail. Of course, in the 2 months I
was waiting for my order, I not only found 3 substitutes that were
less expensive (and still made by top designers) but also more
attractive. In the end, to save myself a little hassle, I kept the
merchandise and offered to re-pay the original charge amount (my
credit card company had reversed the charge). But of course, PFZ
decided to also charge me the fee that they were charged by the credit
card company for being a flaky merchant.

No big deal. Being such a small, no-name company, they obviously need
my money really badly - even more than I do. How else would they
survive if not off first-time suckers unlucky enough to stumble across
their website and bogus fees?

Perfume Free ZoneI will NEVER EVER recommend this company to anyone

I researched different perfume companies in order to purchase Paris perfume by Yves St. Laurent at the least expensive price for my daughter for Christmas.

Perfume Free Zone offered the cheapest price with low shipping, so I ordered and paid for it on December 3. Two weeks later, I still had not received it, and when I clicked on the link the company had sent me, it did not show it had ever been mailed. I sent them 3 e-mails requesting information, and still did not hear back from them. I had paid them through Paypal, so I filed a complaint through Paypal. Perfume Free Zone finally sent an e-mail, asking me for another $5 to expedite the shipping in order to receive the item by Christmas. I sent them another e-mail, stating the $5.95 I had already sent them was for USPS priority shipping, and I didn't feel I owed them any more money. (This was on December 19). I received another e-mail saying this $5 was to upgrade the item - a retail package instead of a tester. The e-mail also stated if I sent the extra money right away, the perfume would be mailed the next day (December 20). So I sent the extra $5 on December 19; the perfume was not shipped until December 21 at 3 p.m. I did not receive the item until December 26.
This company also asked me for money for a "Blue Jeans Package" which I didn't even order. When I e-mailed this information back to them, they apologized and withdrew the request.
I escalated the complaint to a claim through Paypal, but because I finally received the item, I couldn't get any satisfaction from this company.
I will NEVER EVER recommend this company to anyone and will certainly never use it again.

• On
    OnyXxL Oct 29, 2008

I experienced the same issue with that company. 235.90 USD lost for me. I live in France so I don't know how to solve this problem quiclky and without spending one more dollar...

• Do
    Doris Marden Feb 10, 2009

I have purchased many times from Perfume Free Zone and never had a bad experience and always got what I ordered. They have online customer service which answers within 24 hours.

• Da
    dan_08822 Oct 13, 2009

Perfune was ordered thru PerfumeFreeZone.com and paid for with PayPal. After item didn't arrive, I put a claim in with PayPal, but PerfumeFreeZone.com had closed their account after taking my money. They claimed PayPal scammed them! and kept my funds, so there was nothing they could do. I wouldn't trust this company.

• La
    Laurenkof Dec 09, 2009

The WORST experince! I ordered two prada handbags, they took more than 30 days to arrive and they came from China with Chinese labels all over the box. They where indeed fake. I returned them ontime and I NEVER received my credit of $950 back. Some guy named Chuck gave me the runaround for more than two months. They are Crooks! Don't buy from them! Its been more than 10 months and I am still waiting for my money!

• Si
    Simon007 Jan 23, 2010

Amazing how people state someone is a scam and have not even purchased anything. They slam a company with no evidence or facts and are easy to yell bad things without any basis. I have been buying their BUY 2 GET 1 FREE HANDBAG FOR $100. I send them a money order or wire transfer as there is a paper trail and this company has been an authorized Yahoo store for 9 years. I have purchased many bags and my friends are repeat customers. If the company has problems its because of scammers that buy their bags, use them and return them with the blessing of the credit card companies which don't honor the merchants return policy. Those bad apples ruined the credit card vehicle for all.

In The News

A consumer site aimed at exposing unethical companies and business practices