Neckline Slimmer Complaints & Reviews

Resolved Neckline SlimmerExcessive unauthorized charges

If you are interested in this item, I suggest you order from Ebay, Amazon, or some other company besides the informercial's website. The company website necklinetrimmer.com tag on additional charges that you won't be aware of until the order is complete!!! I thought I was only purchasing the neckline slimmer 19.95 + 7.95 shipping, whereas at the end of my order the total price was close to $72.00 (ridiculous) They added the cream which was an extra $7.95 shipping, a foolish carrying bag for $19.99 and a extra $7.95 shipping for that. Not to mention I tried calling their [protected] customer service number to have the additional items removed and it sent me in circles. No one ever picked up only an answering machine that gave me the same message no matter which option I ch0se. This company and service seems suspect and fradulent!! They clearly RIPPED ME OFF

Resolved Neckline Slimmersprained neck

I purchased a neckline slimmer product at Bed Bath and Beyond and the product must have strained the muscles in my neck, as I developed horrible neck stiffness and pain, with awful headaches daily from the neck pain. I was unable to sleep because of the severe neck pain and headaches. The company was rude and rufused to do anything but tell me that no one has ever complained except me. I doubt that that is true, but it does matter as I have been in pain for over a month. They refused to give me permission to seek medical advice, and finally sent me a certified letter which cost them over $5.00 informing me that they are not liable and they have done their research on my complaint and in other words, they think they are off the hook When I fist called them, they said they have no liability that Bed bath and Beyond is liable and that is the way their contract with them reads. Bed Bath and Beyond, told me just the opposite. I have been bounced around for over a month and each one is putting the blame on the other, so here I am with a sore neck and no one has done a thing.

• Gn
    gneice Jul 03, 2009

I have tried to put my order in, but it will not accept it. No customer service to speak of, I hope I don't have a dozen orders appear on my bank account. Crappy site.

• Un
    unsatsfied customer Jul 16, 2009

I too, as the previous customer, tried to place an order online and could not complete the order. I hope I don't have any charges on my credit card as I could not complete the order. I also tried the 800 number and no live customer service to talk to. Later, I could not even connect to the site either. Terrible customer service.

• De
    Del123 Jul 26, 2009

For a $44 order, shipping charges should not be $27! This information was not disclosed until it was too late. Also the website does not give the opportunity to email any complaints. You have to call customer service between 9-5 Monday through Friday. I wouldn't have made the purchase if I had known the shipping charges. I feel like I have been ripped off!

• R0
    r0ziegal Aug 01, 2009

I went on the website and it stated the price of the object was 19.95 plus 7.95 for shipping. When I ordered and, not until the order was final, did they add a postage of $15.95. No where in their ad was that mentioned.

• Cp
    cperry Sep 17, 2009

It Says Plain As Day on the website that you must pay the additional $7.95 for P&H on the free Neck Slimming Cream! necklineslimmerreview.com

• Go
    GoldenCutie424 Jun 08, 2010

After using this product 3 times (within 4 days) I have a horrible crick in my neck/shoulder area. I can't turn my head in either direction, up or down without pain. I also have been having headaches. I don't know if this product is worth the pain...I don't even know if it works.

• Sh
    Shardena Nov 28, 2011

Hi, take a look at this link and i think you will find that the manufacturer is at fault here :-(

• Ep
    EPJ Apr 27, 2012

I purchased the neckline slimmer and immediately notice neck and shoulder pain. I used it a couple of times and was in a lot of pain and took the item back. Now I've got some real neck problems (discovered through x-rays and an MRI). I think this product is the reason my neck is in the shape it is in now. I will probably have to have some type of surgery to fix my neck after using this product.

• Ep
    EPJ Apr 27, 2012

I purchased the neckline slimmer and started having neck problems immediately. I have just finished having xrays and and MRI done and have damage which may require surgery.

Neckline SlimmerMail fraud

BEWARE ordering online. This company is perpetrating a fraud along the lines of Enzyte seller Steve Warshak and Berkely Premium Nutraceuticals. Warshak got 25 years in the federal pen, and many of his employees were also put away for multiple years.

The Neckline folks are billing online customers -- and perhaps phone-paying customers, too -- an extra $8 for fake neck cream. By the time customers realize they are facing the extra charge, it's too late. Repeated calls to customer service, even a day after the initial transaction, are met with an agent who claims to be unable to access to the order despite confirmation and "order complete" receipts with an order number. They blame it on a badly engineered computer system that only allows them access to the order after "48 to 72 hours, " when, of course, the customer has moved on and written off the $8 as not worthy of the hassle.

So, like Berkely wasn't, Neckline isn't committing grand larceny. But petty theft on a mass scale is a serious crime, and if prosecuted judiciously will very likely net folks some serious jail time.

Resolved Neckline SlimmerDeceptive Hidden Charges

I went online to order a Neckline Simmer after I tried it at a friend's house. I hated the whole ordering process. It kept asking to order more products and I kept declining, I was going to cancel the whole thing but did not have a choice. It never asked me to confirm the order before the deal was closed. It gave me a total of 15.90 for shipping because they charge $7.95 extra for shipping the "free" cream which you cannot decline. SCAM!!! I was so angry, I called the customer service and she said that it was explained on the home page - never saw that.. and when I asked how long does it take to get the product, she answered 2 to 4 weeks. I was OUTRAGED!!! I felt totally at their mercy.

• Jl
    Jlynn69 Apr 18, 2010

Resolved Neckline Slimmerscam

Web site where you place your order is deceitful. It asks you if you want additional items and even if you say no, when you check out those additional items are automatically there. You have no option to make changes to items in your cart because there is no cart. They get your credit card info up front so you are already going to pay more than you thought you would. Then when you call, you are told that it can take 24 hours or more for your order to show up so they cannot assist you. When your order finally shows up in their system, no changes can be made because it is already in the warehouse ready to be shipped. I was charged $7.95 for bonus cream that I did not want (no choice in the matter) and $24.89 for an additional neckline slimmer with more cream that I said "no" to while placing my order. When I called to inquire about returning the items, I was told that I would only be credited for $4.00 out of $9.90 for the shipping and handling of the additional neckline slimmer and cream. I decided to return everything and when all is said and done my out of pocket cost is $33.50. Their employees are also trained to be very stubborn and not very friendly either.

• Yo Yo Jun 15, 2011

I brought the same product off amazon. Next time go to amazon to purchase product, no one can charge your credit card and you will get the same products.

Resolved Neckline Slimmerfraudulent sales tactics

This was an automated phone system. I gave my order for the Neckline Slimmer @$19.99 plus $7.95 S&H. I was then asked for my credit card info. and thought that I was through. Instead of a confirmation or an opportunity to cancel, I was forced to stay on the phone through a list of products, fearing that if I hung up they would send everything. When I did end the call, I called back to try to cancel the order, because I was angry. I was told that my order was not in the system yet. I tried the following morning, and was told the same thing. I then called every 1 1/2 hours, and on the last call was told that I was too late, the order had been processed. When I received the order, it included other products and shipping charges. The products they sent totaled $44.97 and the shipping charges were $27.79. The $7.95 charge that I had been quoted had been increased to $15.90. This is nothing short of criminal activity.

Resolved Neckline SlimmerID Theft and overcharge

I ordered the Neck Slimmer from the Internet because I had seen it advertised on TV. I believed the charges would be less than twenty dollars, yet they charged me $60.00. I ONLY ordered the Neck Slimmer... not all of the other garbage they were promoting. When I complained to them they refused to refund my money and gave my credit card number to other companies on the Internet and I started seeing charges from those companies on my bank account. I have contacted the Better Business Bureau, the Police in the state that I ordered from and I recently received a letter from the Attorney General of New York saying that they were following up on the Neck Slimmer ID theft. Be careful if you order from these crooks! Buy the Neck Slimmer in a store directly.

Resolved Neckline SlimmerFraudulent

I went online this morning and ordered one neckline slimmer and said no to ALL other offers. I clicked on all the 'No's" for other products. Imagine my surprise when my order indicated I had ordered TWO neckline slimmers. I checked the address and it was totally different from what I had typed. I immediately called the customer service number and the voice said they didn't recognize my phone number...duh, I ordered online.
I called my credit card company and was told the charge had not surfaced yet and to call again later this afternoon. I called the customer service number again and finally talked to Vicky who told me the order had not come in yet, but it would ship VERY QUICKLY, so I needed to call back later today. I got the feeling that this is a done deal and I will be paying $66.78 for two neckline slimmers and who knows what else.
WARNING!!! DON"T ORDER THIS PRODUCT!

Resolved Neckline Slimmerfraud

OK, you have read all of the other complaints about the Neckline Slimmer. I would say the same, but I was not content to just ### about it. I went to the Wisconsin Department of Justice and filed a consumer complaint with the Wisconsin Department of Agriculture, Trade & Consumer Protection (DATCP).

SAS Group is a distribution company for a host of products, including the infamous Awesome Auger- check out the list at the Wisconsin Better Business Bureau. The BBB is a wet noodle when it comes to enforcement of anything, so don't waste time filing a complaint with them (even though plenty of people already have).

For what it is worth, here is the physical address of the distribution company.
355 Byrd Ave
(Distribution Company)
Neenah, WI 54956

It seems they are only interested in getting your money, selling you things you did not want and did not approve and then making it impossible to get your money back without going through and extended process. This is the WORST online buying experience I have ever had.

• Sr
    srangus Nov 25, 2009

Went online to order ONE Neckline Slimmer- no creams, nothing else. The online system offers a string of "extras", all of which I declined. At the end of the process my order was automatically placed without the opportunity to review the pending order for accuracy- and I know why. The order placed was for two slimmers and two "creams' for a total of $60.78. Order should have been about $26 total. No chance to correct at that time.

24 hours later I called to complain and was told that when the products arrive I could call back and get a Return Authorization code, which I did. Problem is, they will only refund cost of goods and NOT the exhorbitant shipping/handling charges (totaling $25) so my net refund ends up being only about $35- not acceptable at all.

I've filed a dispute with my credit card company and thankfully they've removed the charges, at least for now, while the complaint is investigated. I'll also take the advise of the post above and file a formal complaint with the Wisconsin DATCP and see what comes of it.

• Be
    Beverly Hanna Aug 03, 2011

I have had the "same-ol/same-ol experience of the double charge for two orders instead of one, stuff I didn't order, etc., but I just discovered a new wrinkle that I found very interesting. In scrolling through the various complaints I came across a suspicious one that recommended that people who have been scammed report it to "[redacted]. GET THIS; [redacted] IS A SCAME THAT POSTS FRAUDULENT COMPLAINTS ON THE VICTIMS msn WEBSITE AND THEN CHARGES YOU AROUND $1000 to remove it even though they placed it there in the first place. Then a week later, lo' and behold! Another complaint, with the same drill: Pay-to-play. I AM A VICTIM OF BOTH AND NO ONE CAN DO A THING TO THEM BECAUSE THERE ARE NO LAWS TO
    PROTECT CONSUMERS THAT i KNOW OF. To learn more about this scame, google edmagedson.com but for God's sake, don't get him mad at you unless you want to be defamed and blackmailed.

Resolved Neckline Slimmerbuying why?

my question is why spend all that money for something you can do yourself using dynamic resistance that you already have your own hand?
you can place you hand or fist under your chin and move you neck downward and get the same results! and adjust the amount yourself just do sets of 10 or 20 with reps of 3 each day.

• Mu
    muscles58 Sep 02, 2009

johnny you sure saved the day for me i have learned the hard way now i go on line and put in the name of the product and the word complaints before i buy anything!is there a video on the dynamics resistance i have started to do what you said about using my first right away would like to use for other exercises.Can't thank-you enough!

johnny D Mar 16, 2010

your welcome! it's good to hear that you helped someone.

Resolved Neckline SlimmerUnethical practices

I went to order the Neckline Slimmer online. The order process was confusing. After entering my personal information, I got a screen that talked about getting additional sets for $14.95. At the bottom, it asked me how many sets I wanted, not how many additional sets I wanted. So, I entered 1. Then, it kept offering me other items which I didn't want. Then, after all of the questions, my order was processed and was given an order number. The problem was, I never got a review page to make sure my order was placed correctly. My order wasn't correct. It showed I ordered 1 unit at $19.95 and 1 unit at $14.95. After S&H, it was $60 and some change. This is where it gets worst. I tried to see how I could modify my order before it shipped. There's no option on the website to do that. So, I called the 800 number. I was told I had to wait 24 hours before I could cancel my order. The CSR said it was because their system is not connected to the system which I placed my order. So, I called 24 hours later. Still my order did not appear. I expressed to both CSR's how I was concerned that the order would ship before I had a chance to cancel the order. Both CSR's said that I had plenty of time because they were backlogged by 6-8 weeks. I didn't get a chance to call the following day, Saturday, because I was busy. I called again Monday and was on hold for over 10 minutes. This time, the CSR told me the order already shipped. Let's just say, this CSR got an earful before he hung up on me. I checked my credit card and saw they didn't charge my account yet. So, I hurried and called my bank to put a freeze on my account. So, the joke is on them this time. The bottom line is these people are a bunch of liars!! They trick you into buying stuff you don't want and put their employees up to lying in order to make sure that you are stuck. Their product must be junk if they have to resort to such tactics. DO NOT BUY FROM THIS COMPANY!!

• We
    Websiter Jul 29, 2009

My experience was identical to Julie728.
    WARNING!!! Do not purchase from BuyNecklineSlimmer.com they use deceptive practices to overcharge you. The cream is not optional and the system is designed to trick you into purchasing a 2nd Neckline Slimmer. Customer Service is a joke. They do not have a record of your purchase until the order is already at the warehouse so by then it is too late to modify or cancel the order. I am doing a charge back to the credit card after making multiple attempts to reach a pratical solution.

You can find this product on eBay with reasonable shipping. AVOID the website: BuyNecklineSlimmer.com

• Ju
    Julie69 Aug 05, 2009

This is an update to my original post. Unfortunately, blocking my card did not work because they already had a preapproval. So, I am stuck with 2 Neckline Slimmers. I'm not returning them because I don't want this company to get $25.80 in shipping charges for nothing. Anyway, I received the product on 8/3. I pulled up the tracking number on USPS website. I found out that the order did not ship on 7/25 as the last CSR told me. They charged my account on 7/30. But, the order shipped 2 days later on 8/1. Therefore, they lied to me in order to prevent me from cancelling the order. When I last called them on 7/27, it was most certainly not to late to cancel my order.

DO NOT BUY FROM THIS COMPANY!!

• Sc
    ScammedConsumer2 Aug 24, 2009

EXACTLY THE SAME STORY IS TRUE FOR ME TOO!!!

I tried to make a complaint to the Better Business Bureau but they aren't listed as a business or company. I'm still trying to figure out how to best put the word out on their unethical sales practices.

• Jf
    jferrarelli Aug 25, 2009

I filed a complaint with the Attorney General in Ohio. I may not get my money back. But, this company should be punished for the way they do business.

Resolved Neckline SlimmerWarning Charge more than they advertise

Neckline Slimmer advertises $7.95 shipping and handling and then charges $15.00. On top of that, they include an extra Neckline Slimmer and up the shipping to $26. So, something that you think is going to cost $26.00 ends up being $68. Their is no order review before they process the order and they don't disclose this up front. Then you can't get anyone on the phone in their customer service to cancel the order. Bottom line, they are scam artists. Do not order from them, whatever you do. If you made the mistake of ordering online, contact your credit card company and refuse to pay.

• De
    deceived$ Sep 16, 2009

The BuyNecklineSlimmer.com is such a fraud site. Be aware buyers. I placed an order today and have answered NO to their questions that I didn't want any extra set, yet, it charged me 2 sets. They don't give you a review page. Once you entered your CC, that's it. When I called their customer service, they told me that I had to call back after 24 hours because my order hasn't been uploaded to their computers. They are just a scam.

Resolved Neckline Slimmer — Misleading charges

Warning! You WILL be charged $15.90 instead of the advertised $7.95 s/h fee automatically as the "bonus"...

Resolved Neckline Slimmer — Insufficient Disclosure

The website indicated that shipping and handling would be $7.95 - it asked for name, address, and credit card...