MSEB Complaints & Reviews

Excess Bill

Hello,
My name is Amit Shrirang Phadtare, getting the excess electricity bill from last 1.2 years. My consumer no. is [protected] and billing unit / /Circle Code is 0345 / KALAOMBOLI SUB DIVN . I am continuously following up with the electricity office at sector 9 Kamothe. No one is properly responding, asking for the money every time. For checking of electricity power supply they are asking for the money. Even I paid the amount of Rs. 150 twice, as they told this is the rule. They have neither checked the supply not returned back the money. Now they are asking me to change the meter which charge at around Rs. 700, as per rule they told.
I have got the bill of Rs. 3260 in Aug 2013 month. So Let me know, how should I proceed now.
Even for there mistakes, why should i pay the money which won't be in record. Requesting you to kindly look in to this.

Regards,

Cosumer No. [protected].
Billing Unit- 4601.
Complainer- V.S. Karkhanis.
Dear Sir,
We are receiving MSEB bills by an ascending order. The current bill is for R.S. 1030/-. Actually minimum amount bills should come as we are not staying in the premises for which we receive bills, nor we have given the same on any rental basis. First we used to receive minimum bills of R.S. 30/- & gradually the bills started coming by an ascending order. We wish to bring to your kind notice that as we are not staying in the premises, the question of using or consuming units doesn't arive at all. The status of meter is shown as Faulty, which is absolutely absurd. If the premises is unoccupied, how can meter go ahead ? Instead, the meter is shown faulty. In the past, a couple of years back also same thing happened. And now, the repeatition of the same has occured. Our supply was cut down prior to any notice or verifying the fact showing the meter faulty. We had given our non-occupancy certificate issued by our society to the MSEB at that time. Still same thing is repeated by MSEB. The bills will come in an ascending manner, the meter will be shown as faulty & finally supply will be cut. Even though issuing non-occupancy certificate by society, again the meter is shown as faulty. Is this not the way of harrasing & looting customer ? Eventhough paying the minimum bills regularly without any break, MSEB is looting us. How long this will continue & when we will get justice ?

• Ga
    GAYATRI MOTWANI Apr 02, 2012

Service Provider- MSEB.
    Nature Of Complaint - Excess MSEB Bills
    Cosumer No. 160230078111.
    Billing Unit- 4745.
    Complainer- Dr. Gayatri Motwani
    Dear Sir,
    We are receiving MSEB bills for the month of February & March 2012 by an ascending order. The current bill is for R.S. 311.47/-. Actually minimum amount bills should come as we are not staying in the premises for which we receive bills, nor we have given the same on any rental basis. Gradually the bills have started coming by an ascending order. We wish to bring to your kind notice that as we are not staying in the premises, the question of using or consuming units doesn't arive at all. The status of meter is shown as Faulty, which is absolutely absurd. If the premises is unoccupied, how can meter go ahead ? Instead, the meter is shown faulty. In the past. The bills will come in an ascending manner, the meter will be shown as faulty & finally supply will be cut. Is this not the way of harrasing & looting customer ? Eventhough paying the minimum bills regularly without any break, MSEB is looting us. How long this will continue & when we will get justice ?

bad service

I stay in Pune (vishrantwadi area), I did not get my electricity bill for the month of april 2011 so I waited for around 10 days and after that I went to nearest(pratik nagar) MSEB office and requested them to generate duplicate bill and I paid the amount at that day itself. (bill amount for that month was 250Rs)
But on very next day MSEB staff came and disconnected my elecricity connection saying "Bill pending" .I was not at home at that time, I came at 6 and was shocked to see electricity cut.Immediately(around 6PM) I went to MSEB office but all staff was in hurry to go home, nobody entertained me.
I came home, spend entire night without light and next morning again I went to MSEB office.They charged me 200 Rs to re-connect electicity wire(even it was their mistake)

mayur d.

• Pr
    p-rajesh Sep 30, 2011

I stay nalasopara, we have many issue in my area ambawadi (kesari park), their is regular power suply cut every 2 and 3 hours,
    their MSEB officer are no one resopnce give local pepol.
    i request to MSEB head plz look in Nalasopara (e) area and resolve the issue earliest.

EXCESS BILLING

CONSUMER NO. [protected], BILLING UNIT NO. 5177.
BILL AMOUNT OF RS. 1500.00 WAS PAID ON 10.01.11.
BUT TILL IT IS NOT UPDATED IN THE SYSTEM.
AND ALSO WITHOUT UNIT DETAILS GIVEN IN THE BILL,
BILL IS GENERATED. WE WANT TO KNOW ON WHAT BASIS BILL IS GENERATED & WHY THE PAID AMOUNT IS NOT UPDATED IN THE SYSTEM.

Power Problems in Mumbra

It seems all the complaints / requests made by the residents of Mumbra-Kausa is landing on deaf ears of the MSEB officials. Inspite of paying monthly dues ontime by the residents here, the officials are showing a very callous attitude & no signs of improvement.

There is a scheduled prompt loadshedding of 8 hrs daily. During the time of power availability also there are frequent long hauls of power outage without any reasons. There seems to be nobody looking into the matter, officials blame the poor recovery of dues & old equipments. Politicians have been of no help & hide from the scenes. Latest assembly election here was fought & won by the local MLA on the promise of solving the problems within 100 days of assuming power. But the promises are yet to be met & now the bubble seems to have been fizzled out.

All businesses are dying a slow death; infrastructure is collapsing & students' education is getting affected but nobody seems to be interested in resolving the problem.

Since the authorities here have not been able to resolve the problem the residents here now are awaiting for some miracle to happen & improve the situation.

Whoever concerned if happens to bump & read this article I sincerely request him / her to look into the problems of Mumbra / Kausa residents and resolve the power outage issue.

Regards;
Javed S.

• Ak
    A.KHUSHI Jun 11, 2013

I agree its horrible. Its more than 6 hrs load shedding instead of paying the bills on right time. I know peoples who have fully air conditioned their full house with out paying a single money for years and govt does not take any action towards such type of peoples. The worst part is that the cutting of power works from morning 5.30 Am. Bloody hell Children's can't get ready to school office going peoples have to suffer for every thing but no one dares speak and this ###s enjoy. The MSEB board peoples never pick up the phone to attend any complaint and query. They don't deserve job. And I don't understand what are the cooperator's and leaders of Mumbra doing. No system no solutions... Mumbra was already bad... this cases and situations has made Mumbra worse.

NOW ITS ONLY THE COMMON MAN WHO CAN FIND A SOLUTION IF THEY UNITE AND REMOVE THE LINES OF PEOPLES WHO USE ELECTRICITY WITH OUT PAYING THE BILLS.

• Yu
    Yusuf Thanawala Oct 04, 2017

Yes We Agree to there have been load shedding for 7 hours in mumbra.. as they dont want to control on their irresponsibility and the result is they cut the electricity..

• Ai
    Aishahabib Jun 08, 2018

Please help us if any one can this is a month of ramzan n we r fasting for 15 to 16 hours daily without a sip of water how can a human leave a life like this noo electricity for hold day n hold night now this is a sehri Time but I can't go in kitchen n make any as I don't have even a Inverter plzz help us

Electricity Bill

Hello to the people of India!! I am sick and tired of these corrupt MSEB officials who want money for everything. I have a 2 BHK flat in evershine city with all the nessesary amenities in my house like ac, fridge, lcd... etc etc. I did not recieve the monthly electricity for the month of May 2010, I was shocked to see my July bill which was 18000 INR, I called MSEB person who is responsible for our area but he only appeared before me after repeted calls and a bribe of Rs 100. He came to my bldg and checked the meter and said something is definately wrong either with the meter or some one is misusing your meter. Hence he suggested that i should contact some chief engineer at Vasai East office and they would look in to the matter. Almost after a week i was able to get through, this so called uneducated, uncivilized, engineer who took 500 rs as bribe and said he will send some technicians to my bldg and they would test the meter, Yesterday finally after these two guys came to my house and asked me to turn on all the applicancec in my house and after that they took some reading on the meter and asked me to visit their office the next day. So today i visited their office and they said that there is no problem with your meter and the bill that I recieved was for two months and the bill amout is correct and he suggested that i pay 18000 to them or they will dissconnect my electrity. PEOPLE READING THIS MIGHT AGREE WITH ME WHEN CALL MSEB GOVERNMENT RECOGNISED THIEVES. WHAT ON EARTH I AM SUPPOSE TO DO WITH THESE CRIMINALS WHO ARE FORCING ME TO PAY 18000 INR AS ELECTRICITY BILL FOR A 2 BHK FLAT...I NEED SERIOUS HELP HERE I AM GOING TO TAKE THIS MATTER TO THE HIGHEST LEVEL AND FILE A CASE AGAINT MSEB FOR HARRASMENT AND VARIOUS OTHER COUNTS UNDER IPC. This is not the first time i have recieved such astronimocal bill, Usually our monthly bill is around 3000 to 4000 rs but suddenly atleast twice a year i would get faulty bills, I have had meter changed twice and also have got the wires changed but still i keep getting such high bills. I DONT REALLY EXPECT AN IMMEDIATE SOLUTION TO THIS BUT I CERTAINLEY WANT A STAY ORDER FROM THE COURT ON THIS BILL...I AM PROUD TO BE AN INDIAN BUT AT THE SAME TIME I FEEL REALLY SORRY FOR THIS COUNTRY.

• Mu
    Muhammad612 Aug 11, 2010

Mr. Aswani you are right. I facing same problem. MSEB department is corrupt. But I want to know, no one is in this department who done his job to honesty.

Extreme load shedding

The power shortage in Vasai is artificially created to please the political business lobby. It is the people of Vasai who elected their MLA to his seat and now he with is ultra corrupt ways is tormenting the communities in Vasai by doing nothing to find a solution to this decades old issue by fabricating the electricity problem

Also it can be noted that the only road which connects Vasai to the Ahemdabad highway has never been attended since ages. This is what the people of Vasai are getting in return for their faithfulness towards their long reigning MLA.

It's time now that the people awaken and rip this monster off his power. Only then Vasai can truly march toward some equitable development.

• Ke
    KEITH SINGH Dec 05, 2009

VASAI IS A PART OF BOMBAY, ITS HIGH TIME WE START THINKING IN THE RIGHT DIRECTIONS, PEOPLE STAYING IN VASAI NEED TO BECOME SMART AND NOT USE VASAI, WE ALL STAYING IN VASAI NEED TO PUT YOUR FAMILY AND THE COMMING GERATIONS FIRST.WHEN WE VOTE SEE THE VOTE IS GIVEN TO THE RIGHT PERSON AND THAT HE OR SHE IS EDUCATED TO COMPATENT THE GARBAGE AND GET YOUR WORK DONE AT THE END OF THE DAY, THINK OF YOUR COMMING GENERATION, YOU PAY YOUR TAXES FOR WHO IS TO BE THOUGHT ABOUT THE KIND OF POPULATION YOU ARE IN VASAI CAN EASILY BE SOLVED WITH JUST COMMON SENSE WHICH IS NOT COMMON .TAKE AN EXAMPLE OF THE UNITED STATES PRESIDENT AND LEARN FROM YOUR MISTAKES THE SOONER THE BETTER .VASAI NEEDS TO BE CLEANED UP AS QUICK AS POSSIBLE ALL YOU PEOPLE IN VASAI NEED TO DO IS HIT SIX IN AN OVER AND THE MATCH IS WON . THE WORLD IS CHANGED YOU PAY YOUR TAXES FOR WHAT AND WHO IS TO THINK ABOUT . VASAI IS A BEAUTIFUL PLACE IF YOU WANTED IT TO BE .JUST BE SMART AND THING WILL CHANGE IN YOUR FAVOUR, BUT GIVE IT A START .

unnecessary wastage of electricity

The street lights in kopar goan area of dombivili is kept lighting during the day time when it is actually not required. many a times these lights are not lit during the nights..
my question is when dombivili faces so much of loadshedding problems then why waste electricity when there is a shortage of it... preserve it and let it be conservatively used ..

Excess bil amount.

I am a lower middle class man since when i started getting huge electricity bills. Before taht I was a middle class person.

Since last 4 months i am getting excessive electricity bill amount whcih is not barable to me. i.e every month i am getting between 1800 to 2000 Rs per month.
I have 1 tube light, 2 sealing fans, 1 refrigirator ( 3 years old), one computer. 1 bulb of 60 W.

(I doent even have TV and music player at home) .
Every day very sharp power cuts upto even 8 hrs some time.

I have made complient to MSEB, till now thery dont care about it. No one come to check. I think they dont want to care, becoss not to loose money which is sucked from poor people like me.

Last month I didnt have enough money to pay the bill, so that i kept pending to pay the ### in next month. not even 10 days left. Two MSEB gundas come and thretening me to cut the power becos i have dues.
Some how i requested them to give few more days to payout it.

What a kind of justice we get in this cuntry.
No one is there for me.

My consumer no is : [protected]. Bhandup. Mumbai

Is there anyone can help me out.

- As usual poor consumer

No Actions on Powert theft complaint!

MSEB is the worst electricity board I have ever seen. I am fed up with daily 6 hours powert cut in our area...