Mega Moving Complaints & Reviews

Mega MovingGRAND THEFT

Mega Moving and Storage Co, picked up all of furniture and personal goods at my apartment at 320 Lago Circle, Apt 103, West Melbourne, Florida on 4/14/09 for delivery to my new address at 248 Sun Colony Blvd, Longs, SC 29568 2 days later on 4/16/09 for an agreed upon total fixed, flat rate, binding price of $1037.00 with $300.00 to be paid to driver via credit card upon pickup of goods and remainder of $737.00 to be paid upon delivery to SC address where I was moving to.

They processed an illegal credit charge OF $1037.00 through their hand held credit slip swiping device at pickup while I signed for only $300.00 as per contract.

They loaded my goods, took off down Rt 95 supposedly for delivery in Longs, SC 2 days later.

Instead, they disappeared from the face of the earth for 3 weeks with all my worldy goods on their truck. I am 78 yrs old, in poor health and was forced to sleep on the floor of my apt at new address for 3 weeks with no flatware, cups, clothing, small appliances, tv, sofa, recliner and 30 packed boxes of personal effects. repeated calls to the driver and home office of Mega were never once responded to.

I reported theft to W Melbourne, Fl police, the DOT, State Attorney General and BBB (another worthless scam outfit which ### outfits like Mega use as a front for thie crimes). No results

3 weeks later the criminals, Isaac, Ray and Samuel resurfaced and said they were holding my goods in a wareouse in Atlanta, Ga and were ready to deliver them but they must first have an addtional $900.00 from me.

I refused and reported thier attempted extortion crime to the Police

26 days later they stilll have all the goods they stole from me.

This is a SATANIC EVIL OUTFIT run by SATANIC EVIL MEN!. Do not do business with them!

Rod Ricciardi Apr 15, 2010

total lie the person never put there name they can call me personally

• Are you kidding me? Rod Ricciardi is the biggest con artist of them all!! If anyone should be behind bars it is him.. Thunder Promotions is the biggest joke EVER!!!

Rod Ricciardi Jul 19, 2009

I agree with all complaints

Rod Ricciardi Jul 19, 2009

Max and Ruben are rip off artists ican't believe they are not in jail yet they will go as far as to leaving messages threatning people Max is a gangster we all need to get together and get them behind bars or deported !!!

Rod Ricciardi

Miami, Florida
    Phone: [protected]
    MEGAMOVING.COM
    Anyone who rendered the service from the MEGA MOVING Inc.,
    Contact the U.S. Attorney's Office in Miami, Florida to file criminal charges for grand thief & Felony Fraud .
    [protected]

U.S. DEPT. OF TRANSPORTATION, MOTOR CARRIER SAFETY ADMINISTRATION UNDER THE U.S. Dept of Transportation in Washington, DC
    Anyone who wish to contact me, please feel free to do so by phone at [protected]

GRAND THIEF & FELONY FRAUD
    MEGA MOVING
    20444 NE 15th Ct. Miami, Florida, FL, 33179
    Miami, Florida
    Phone: [protected]
    MEGAMOVING.COM

• Rm
        RMH Dec 05, 2009

These guys are the biggest fraudsters going. I am so disspointed that I diddn't see these posts before even speaking to these guys. I never actually moved with these guys, thank god, but they still scammed $1900 from me with fraudulent statements. I cancelled the move by formal letter delivered by fedex (signed for) 5 days ahead of my move date. I also faxed and e-mailed the cancelation notice. They claimed they never received it and that I cancelled the move after they packed the truck on the move day!

I am still fighting the claim, but they have filed complete lies to bolster their case and the ccard companies are unwilling to seek evidence to back their claims. Any advice on how to proceed would be greatly appreciated.

[email protected]

Mega MovingGRAND THIEF & FELONY FRAUD

Mega MovingCRIMINAL COMPLAINTS AGAINST MEGA MOVING

Affidavit of Complaint
        Defendant: MEGA MOVING INC.
        20444 North East 15th Court
        North Miami Beach, Florida 33179
        County of Dade, State of Florida
        Plaintiff: EAGAN
        5292 South Maryland Parkway, Apt 17, Las Vegas, Nevada [protected], County of Clark, State of Nevada
        The Plaintiff (hereby as “customer”) hired the Mega Moving Inc. (hereby as “Defendant” or movers) to relocate from Pensacola, Florida to Las Vegas, Nevada.
        The cause of action, charges, and complaints are as follows:
        Maliciously, intentionally, deliberately, viciously damaged and destroyed the Plaintiff’s personal properties while in the Defendant’s possession for 3 weeks
        Using commercial license to steal customer’s properties; abusing the commercial license by abusing the consumer
        On January 19, 2017, the Plaintiff was waiting for Defendant by the curve street. A moment Defendant’s rental truck pulled into the Plaintiff’s front yard lawn, the movers getting off a rental truck, the Defendants were demanding, threaten the customer for $200 tip upfront, before the service rendered. This was BEFORE greeting to the customer; BEFORE they identify, introduce, themselves as movers (Defendant).
        The Defendant would not start to work, instead continue to harassing, intimating, demanding the Plaintiff for $200 tip by brute force, threaten the customer by saying mandatory $200 tip for movers and tip must be up front; before the service rendered.
        The Plaintiff repeatedly told the Defendant to start to work, but the Defendant refused to start to work without a $200 tip upfront and continued to threaten, demand.
        The Plaintiff refused to give $200 tip because the Defendant refused to start the work and Defendant wants the $200 tip before the service start, upfront. The Plaintiff informed the Defendants that after the service is completely done, we, both parties, can discuss the tip.
        Using commercial license to steal customer’s property: One of the movers was sniffing through personal properties, attempted to steal an item. The Defendant said, “Wow, this is very nice - -so beautiful. I want it. Where did you get it? I need- - need one of those.” After the Defendant’s comment, the item was never to be seen, ever again.
        After the Plaintiff refused to give $200 tip upfront, the Defendant then altered the binding contract from $900 to $1195.00 then threatens the customer to initials after the Defendant altered the binding contract.
        As a result of an altercation over $200 tips upfront, the Plaintiff’s personal properties were destroyed by the Defendant more than 80 % of the entire properties, household goods, and personal items. The customer has to haul it out to the dumpster because it is impossible to repair the damaged properties; repair is out of question.
        After 3 weeks gone by, the Defendant finally delivered the properties to the customer, but customer has to haul it out to the dumpster.
        The Mega Moving Incorporation is the sole Defendant; and no other parties are involved in this case because the items were destroyed in Florida at the pick-up location. The Plaintiff has a contract with the Defendant, Mega Moving INC.
        As a result of this case, the Plaintiff has been in and out of the medical facility, hospital, treating for stress and high-blood pressure.
        Due to the medical conditions, the Plaintiff was unable to precede this matter in timely fashion and would like to make a motion to the Court to excuse this delay proceeding.
        I, the Plaintiff, declare under penalty of perjury under the law of the State of Nevada that the foregoing is true and correct.
        Executed on July 26, 2017

Contact Information: [protected]@YAHOO.COM

• Me
            MEGA MOVING & STORAGE Sep 29, 2009

CRIMINAL COMPLAINT AGAINST MEGA MOVING in MIAMI, FLORIDA
            Anyone who rendered the service from the MEGA MOVING Inc., please contact me at:
            [email protected]
            VIA phone at [protected]
            Contact the U.S. Attorney's Office in Miami, Florida to file criminal charges.

• Dr
            Dr. Joe Aug 16, 2009

Ok. I was the other customer in Pasadena. Do you mind emailing me so we can exchange some thoughts on this? I am still missing my bike! Email me at www.goodnessofbeing.com . Thanks.

• Re
            Regular Customer Aug 13, 2009

Here was my experience moving cross country with this second-rate company:

1. At the pickup, the foreman (head mover) did not have a copy of my estimate. He had no indication whatsoever of what my items were and what the office had estimated until I showed him my paperwork.

2. After loading, the foreman gave me a total cost that was 700 dollars higher than the estimate generated over the phone. I knew I had a few more boxes than planned, but such a discrepancy suggests to me that they did a poor job estimating. I was as straightforward and honest as possible about my belongings—bed, futon, boxes. They charge an inflated rate for additional space in the truck, so maybe they prefer to underestimate by phone.

3. All three movers used my restroom.

4. On the itemized receipt the foreman generated, he had scribbled illegible notes to indicate ‘chipped’ ‘cracked’ and ‘scratched’ on ALL of my items. He did not draw my attention to this at any point. Yet my bed and futon were 100% new. They had just effectively covered themselves for damaged property at delivery.

5. I was told I can use a credit card at the pickup (not delivery), and this was stated clearly in my online confirmation. Their policy is to allow credit card payment on pickup with a small fee. But to my surprise, the driver would not take a credit card, so I was forced to use a personal check, which they are not even supposed to accept.

6. I did not hear anything for three weeks, and nobody returned my email. I started calling the office, and was put on hold 4 times for a total of 30 minutes before I spoke with somebody who was rather annoyed at my request to know when I might expect my furniture in Pasadena. They were “searching” for it.

7. I was told me that they “located” my stuff at their New Jersey warehouse and it would be on the way soon.

8. At the outset, I had confirmed that I would use a bank check at the delivery, and had purchased it from the bank. Their written policy is to allow cashiers checks (such as a bank check) if arranged by a manager. But now, to my surprise again, a manager told me that I could not use the bank check, but had to stick to the usual money order or cash. I reminded the manager of my prior correspondence and emails that show the agreement to use a bank check, but he implied that a manager had not confirmed this. Postal order or no delivery. So I had to mail the bank check back to my state of origin and purchase a postal order.

9. On the day of delivery, exactly one month after pick-up, the driver scheduled to arrive between 11am and 1pm. He called around 11am to tell me he was running late and would be there around 3pm. When the truck arrived at 4pm, the driver opened the truck and informed me that he could not access my order. He would have to deliver somebody else’s order first and then return in 1.5 hours for mine.

10. Mega Movers defines a “flight” of stairs to be EIGHT steps, which I only learned during delivery. The online contract simply says that they will charge 75 dollars for any lifting more than one flight of steps. I live in a second-floor apartment, so I naturally assumed that my flight is ONE flight. Upon delivery, I was informed that I had to pay the 75-dollar fee since I live 15 steps up. There are no turns in this flight: it is just a straight 15 steps.

11. The movers arrived in an 18-wheeler, which could barely fit down my street. Had my neighbor not been home to move his car, the truck would have had to drop my stuff in storage and charge me some 300 dollars extra. I was not informed that they would attempt to deliver in a full-sized truck.

12. The movers could not reassemble my bed and futon. The contract states that they will reassemble all that they disassembled at pick-up. But there were missing screws and the men had no idea how to construct a futon. They had no electric screwdriver, as at pickup. The bed was so poorly done, I had to disassemble again and construct it properly myself.

13. Part of the futon had broken off during transport.

14. I am missing a box filled with electronic goods, such as computer speakers, a radio, and plugs. I received a computer that that did not belong to me, so I returned it to the movers.

Mega MovingOvercharged/ Under-delivered

Unfortunately, everything except the one message praising the company seems to be true. I think we were a bit more fortunate than some other people. We ended up getting most of our stuff back minus a bike and a missing bed piece (let me know if anyone in the LA area received an additional bed piece for our sleigh bed!). Anyone who is dealing with this company should really consider hiring a lawyer to threaten them with damages (in our case that seemed to work). We received all of our stuff on the 26th of July...12 days after we hired a lawyer, but 5 weeks after our pickup even the though they promised us that it would be there in 10 to 12 days. Here is a summary of what we went through during this time:

Dear Sir/Madam:

this company has deceived us from the very first time they gave us a quote. The quote was initially for $1, 377.04 after Erika--the sales rep at the company---had taken the list of inventory from us via the phone. The day the mover came by, a mover by the name of Kobi (a Ukrainian guy) demanded immediate payment of at least 50% of the initial estimate (I gave him $700) and told us the shipment may cost "a little more than the estimate". I asked for a revised estimated at which point he said he could not provide until every box was loaded on the truck. Much to our surprise, the revised binded estimate would now be $2, 608---almost double the initial estimate. Apparently, the sales rep, Erika, had under quoted the inventory using "small" boxes while on the phone I told her "medium" sized book boxes so naturally the cubic feet that they had quoted was exceeded by 164 cubit feet. Not only that, but apparently buried in the contract that I received via the email it said they would quote an additional $2 for each cubic feet beyond the initial estimate.

I demanded to speak with Erika and instead came on the phone with her supervisor Ray (this was before all the boxes were loaded on the truck). Ray said that Kobi could probably give us a discount and suggested that we allow the mover to load everything on the truck before he could give us a better deal if it was materially different. After Kobi the mover said it would be more than a $1, 000 more we could not get a hold of his supervisor Ray anymore. After much discussion with my wife, we reluctantly agreed to the revised estimate and we signed off on it. There was not much we could do considering that our flight would be in two days and all of our stuff was on the truck already. The truck driver/mover had the audacity to ask for a "tip" after all this headache.

We had received verbal agreement from Erika that 1) our goods would be immediately shipped to their storage facility in San Diego where we could keep our goods for up to a month for free until we found a place to live in the Southern California area and 2) that this shipment would take between 10 to 12 days. Unfortunately, both of these agreements were breached. In the contract it even specifically says in the To section of the form "**Our storage**, San Diego, CA 92101" I found out that all of our stuff was in a storage facility in New Jersey about a week and a half later after they had picked up our stuff. When I first called to enquire about our stuff, a person who called herself Wendy (which I think was really Erika or whoever she really is) told me the stuff was in storage facility in Florida and was waiting for us to notify them of the moving address since we had not supplied them with a moving address. I became very upset and told them it was supposed to be in San Diego right now. Then she hung up on me and I called back and got a man on the phone whom did not disclose his name and he hung up on me too. After that I called again and got Ray on the phone and told me I owed them $609 before they would ship it out of their storage facility in New Jersey. At this point I pointed out to him that they were taking our stuff hostage and that this could become a legal matter. Ray said to send him a money order for the $609 (which was about 50% of the remainder of the revised estimate--ea. 2608 / 2 =$1, 304 -$700 paid = $604 about). At this point I googled them on the Internet and realized we were taken for a scam. Countless other people have been taken advantage of by this company. Last week I tried to get a hold of Ray and nobody got back to us and we were even considering paying the extortion fee but nobody either calls us back or responds to our emails. Right now we are in the process of getting our stuff released with the help of an attorney but who knows how much of it we will actually get back (I heard they steal many of the valuable items after paying all the ransom amounts).

Please help us and many others by shutting this company down, and for the good of humanity.

Sincerely,

xxxxxxxx

If anyone is effected in the LA area I may be able to recommend a lawyer who is now familiar with the dealings of this company. Email me at [protected]@yahoo.com . I will try to email you back promptly.

Mega MovingVery good move

My family moved from Philadelphia Pennsylvania to Seattle Washington.
            We used Mega Moving in Gloucester New Jersey. The owner is Mami Amram. These guys did a fantastic job of communicating with us, and answering any & all questions we had.
            My husband had been through a few corporate moves before and knew pretty much what to expect. He did the bulk of the packing making sure all items were packed tight and used alot of paper and stuffing to cushion everything.
            We had Mega pack the delicate items such as dishes, lamps and our television sets, and purchased the zero deductible insurance package so that anything would be replaced if broken.
            I had read the stories from others experiences, and had come to the conclusion that I might have to just "suck-it-up" and be ready to refurnish our home once we arrived in Seattle.
            Our packers arrived as scheduled, ready for work, and were thorough and quick with packing our dishes and breakables.
            The day of loading, our driver greeted us on time and with 5 very neat, hard working gentlemen who took great care to put down floor protection and padding to the stairwell, doors and walls, so that the home wasn't damaged as furniture went out.
            All of our wood furniture was heavily padded, our sofas and chairs were shrink wrapped. Any boxes marked "Fragile" were top loaded so as not to get crushed.
            Our items arrived intact and on-time in Seattle. Our driver Steve, supervised as well as worked alongside the loading and unloading crews. He kept in touch by cellphone while he was enroute.
            The unloading crew placed our furniture where we wanted it, and even had good suggestions for placement.
            This move exceeded all of my expectations.
            Nothing was broken or missing. We moved from a very full 4 Bdrm 2 story home into a 4 Bdrm 2 story. It took almost the entire 51 foot semi trailer.
            I wont say that our move was cheap but we payed for what we have.

• Ra
                Raped Jul 09, 2009

Its Mega Mover is a scam. They have YET to deliver our household goods. Now they are not answering the telephone. They took everything. Its unethical, disgusting, unprofessional and if they don't deliver anything which they haven't today it appears they stole it. But it three weeks and no call, no delivery date. Located in Florida--I would report them to the FBI but seriously believe they are so evil they would harm us.

• Ap
                Appalled Mar 31, 2009

STAY FAR, FAR AWAY FROM MEGA MOVING & STORAGE of North Miami Beach!!! I've worked with four different moving companies in the last 15 years, I never had a single problem with Graebel, North American or Allied. Mega Movers is by far the WORST I've ever encountered. HIGHLY, UNPROFESSIONAL & HIGHLY, UNETHICAL.

The Pickup: They arrived several hours late, refused to give my boyfriend (Aaron) another estimate based on the changes he'd discussed with their sales agent, loaded everything on the truck, then proceeded to charge him double the price they'd quoted in writing, on a BINDING estimate. When Aaron called to discuss the matter with the very belligerent supervisor(Samuel), the supervisor resorted to threats and name calling.

The Delivery: After picking up Aaron belongings on a Monday, they broke their promise to delivery the following weekend. Instead of giving 24 hours notice of they're arrival as promised, they gave us six hours notice ... only AFTER Aaron called to inqure about his delivery. Upon arrival at the new place they refused to accept a money order from Aaron's bank (Bank of America) and insisted on a postal money order, not that there's any difference between the two. At no time during their earlier converstation did they say they would only accept postal money orders. The delivery guy actually tried to argue that there is a difference between postal money orders and bank money orders. Keep in mind, they had accepted a check for the first payment at pickup.

Aaron's belongings were not placed in order of delivery, so they actually spent the first hour taking some other poor, unsuspecting customer's belongings out of the truck and leaving them on the front lawn, so they could unload his stuff. After four and a half hours a crew member announced that everything had been delivered and they were leaving. My boyfriend insisted on doing a final pass through the truck and found no less than 12 more of his boxes, the movers had missed because their load was so disorganized.

Use these guys at your own RISK folks!!! This was my boyfriend's move, but I witnessed the entire process from start to finish. "Google" Mega Movers and you'll see the customer complaints far outnumber the compliments. You'll also notice that many of the complaints describe the same unprofessional, unethical and perhaps illegal, practices over and over again. I am APPALLED!!!

• He
                Hen Mike Mar 22, 2009

I have only good things

• Ex
                Exquisite Mar 08, 2009

Mega Moving Complaint

I am sorry, but I cannot believe that the review that they were "great" is true. They are decietful and dishonest. This review MUST be a lie, because they are not capable of doing good work. They were the rudest and most careless company I have ever done business with, regardless of the service. Whoever posted the good review is either an employee of the company or was paid because Mega Moving and Storage is nothing but a scam artist comany.

• Dd
                ddbx524 Mar 02, 2009

Fake Fake Fake review! There is no way that anybody could say anything kind about this company. I have dealt with them and they are horrible! Please do not use them!

Andrea Jan 08, 2009

This is a fake complaint and it's very sickening! DO NOT TRUST MEGA MOVERS!! They use to be Destination movers and are the worst moving company ever!!! DO NOT USE THIS COMPANY!!!

Mega Movingscam rip off artist

We used Meag Moving----------What a scam artist! They were dishonest not to mention careless with our merchandise. The original agreed upon price was not honored. They never made an attempt to make the damaged merchandise situation any better. Their customer service is non-exsistant. Will keep you on hold for great lengths without resolution. Max is a total scam and rip-off artist.

Andrea Dec 02, 2008

I totally understand and they did this to so many people under the Destination movers name as well. I'm so sorry and good luck to you. Please contact me asap. [email protected]

A

Mega Moving — Overcharge/Missing Items

These movers are associated with DESTINATION MOVERS. Max, Ruben, get it together. You have ripped off so...