MatchMaker.com Complaints & Reviews

MatchMaker.comLies, lies, lies

I have had an unpaid account on MatchMaker.com for a while now. I have accumulated 63 "interest notification" messages on that account. With only a couple of exceptions, every single one of them was sent to me 4 days apart. What are the odds of 63 random females, all different, all sending me an interest notification exactly 4 days apart? Statistically impossible.

This is obviously an automated system that sends these messages out to entice people to sign up in order to reply to these messages. Not a very good automated system though since virtually none of the messages come from accounts that meet the basic criteria in the account I set up (i.e. I'm listed as an atheist and women listed as born again christians are sending me interest notifications, don't think so!)

I saw similar complaints on this web site about people being scammed into renewing their memberships with these interest notification messages. I was never a paid member, so I was not successfully scammed by MatchMaker.com. I'm just submitting this as evidence, backed up by statistics, that MatchMaker.com sends out fake interest notifications to people. It is a scam, and they can not refute it.

1 Response
    • Aj
      ajr45 Jan 07, 2013

Matchmaker.com is horrible. The customer service people are rude and I was charged for another renewal when I cancelled one month in advance. The company would not refund my money or let me speak to a supervisor. Calls are clearly shipped over seas and one of the representatives laughed at me as he told me he would not refund my money...
      The worst ever!!!

MatchMaker.comFraudulent emails

Matchmaker.com is guilty of sending fraudulent emails to it's male clients in an effort to entice the purchase of a subscription to their site. This is how the scam works..After cancelling your paid subscription you receive several unsolicited emails from various educated and attractive women in an effort to get you to buy another months subscription so you can read the emails.These women are either employees of matchmaker.com or do not exist at all...It is simply an attempt to get you to pay for another month or more so they can get your money.

Respond

MatchMaker.comMembership not canceled

I canceled my membership over 2 months ago and was notified by my institution today that my credit card was over my limit due to match finder taking out their monthly fee, now as i have canceled it over 2 months ago i wish matchfinder/matchmaker to return the payment to my institution coles/myre source mastercard if it is not done as requested 2 months ago i shall take action regarding this matter.

Thanx. Kind Regards. Natalie Fisher.

Respond