Allied Network Complaints & Reviews

Allied Network — dating service

I contacted The Allied Network, and I was told in no uncertain terms that I wasn't a proper candidate for...

Toronto

Allied Network — Filed for Bankruptcy

I'm sending this note to several...

Allied NetworkTake them to Small Claims Court

I have an active claim against Allied Network in Small Claims Court. At the pre -trial date they agreed to a full reund, but not to cover my expenses. Thus, I am taking them to trial in Aug.

Another women have received full refunds.

Take them to Small Claims court. It will establish a very long list of precidents. Contact me regarding the process.

Other cases:

1. Ontario Supreme Court: Morley Hood vs. Allied Network File no. 4846/04 He paid Allied $11, 122 They settled out of court.

2. Ontario Supreme Court: Susan Simpson vs. Allied Network. Currently in progress. Allied has not filed a Defense.

Contact me: [protected]@yahoo.ca
==================================================

Respond

Allied NetworkPoor Service

I signed up with this service after being promised that they would set me up with someone who met my requirements ie. post-graduate, no kids. I also assumed that they would be doing criminal checks as well as they said they screen.
    First match - had a criminal record that I managed to inadvertently pry out of him. He also had a daughter. I complained to the Allied and mentioned his criminal record - they kept him but set him up with someone else.

They really don't care - some of the women are rude and brush you off completely. We pay a lot of money for this service and it is definitely a scam. Save your money.

Respond

Allied NetworkScam Artists

This company seems to be a classic scam!!! Unfortunately I was prey and fell into it. Their fee is astronomical, their contract is full of loopholes for them to get out of providing the service that I was promised in glowing terms from the saleswoman...then the reality hit like a ton of bricks when I started to start the process and try to get the service I was paying for.
      Just really low quality of service unfortunately. I have received dates, however the customer service has been terrible. I have to call them, I don't receive a customer service/follow up/courtesy call. I get the sense they're like a call centre/busy department, and churning out 'matches' as they're referred to, with really little thought/insight into the date making that they're engaging in. Seems far from the almost psychologically based, great care taken/personal matching that I was sold. It just seems a far cry from what they're portraying, and with the fee I paid, I really was duped. Who knows, maybe I'll meet someone great through this, after all of course there can be fantastic people with the service just like myself lol, but really it truly does seem like what was promised is a far cry from the bare minimum service I've received, and I couldn't get that woman who was so nice and promised me the best dates, on the phone again after she got my money. I'll see how it goes, but so far, not great and after speaking with others about this, seems to be I'm not the only one. But I'm still hopeful and a romantic!!!

1 Response
        • Ou
          ouroboros Jun 12, 2009

This company is a bunch of flimflam women who take advantage of a service that has no reference value for the vast majority of its clients. It basically boils down to a classic exercise in "willingness-to-pay" economics. If I'd been a little less rattled when they disclosed their outrageous asking fee, I could have had a lot of fun with them. I count myself lucky that I escaped with only a fraction of what they originally asked.

I agree with the author of this post...I too am a hopeless romantic and perhaps something will happen. However, if it doesn't, it won't take much encouragement from me to get a male and female friend from the Mounties to play along with their scam and sting them.

Allied NetworkMisleading

I got several flyers from Allied and decided to have a try. I called them first and asked about the price, the lady on the phone told me it is about $500 to $1000, I booked an appointment on Monday (July 21), and they reminded me several times about bringing the credit card, they said they won’t write down the card number, it was only for identification purpose. The door was closed, I had to ring the bell and told them my name and my appointment time, and then I was able to get in. I filled form about myself and the match I was wishing. A consultant named Susan came in and said they have lots of great guys like lawyers, doctors, financial advisors in their file and showed me the price list, it was from $8500 to $9000 and I was shocked, I said I will think about it, and was ready to walk out of the door, she stopped me and asked what price I can accept, I said I was told it was $500 to $1000, and then she said she will give me $1000 for 3 referrals, I hesitated and said I will think about it and Susan showed inpatient and said “I just need your credit card”, I finally gave her my credit card, and signed the membership paper.

After I walked out of the door, I regretted and called them next day to cancel the service. I was told I can only get $500 back, they said they had to prepare some paper work for the refund, and it will take one week.

Could somebody tell me is there a way that I can get my $1000 back?
        I really couldn’t understand why I gave her my credit card that time, my intention was to go to Allied and get a picture of the company first.

6 Responses
          • Pe
            Peter42 Aug 27, 2009

I went thru a similar process but forget the organizations name, and this was back in 1995 or so. Their office was located near Yonge and York Mills I believe, near a subway stop in a small mall. Talked with a young lady, was given a form to fill, spent about an hour there etc. Then she laid on the costs, $1, 000+ at the time and this is 10 years ago. When I didn't want to pay or continue, the girl was very rude, telling me to go back to the bars and want ads etc. I was furious at how I was treated when I didn't want to comply, and told the rep that if wasn't a girl, I would have bopped her in the nose (not very adult of me but that's how angry they made me feel with lying first then treating me like dirt)!

Sorry to hear some of you lost money and nice the hear these warnings but like most of you, I find it hard to meet another due to work, scheduling and the like and have seen these new adds, and just today got an annonymous letter in the mailbox at home, spewing the same BS about finding love etc but not saying how much that love will cost!

Be well and be careful out there,

Peter

• Du
            durhamboy Jul 02, 2009

HA, here's the best one!

I have a child from a previous relationship...they didn't tell the woman they introduced me to that I had a child!!!

Sketchy all around, they got me for $8000. I am happily married now, what a waste.

If a class action suit is started let me know!

[email protected]

• Li
            lisardh Apr 23, 2009

They got me too. I signed up after Susan told me she had several men in mind for me who fit my criteria "perfectly". I have been on two dates. One outside my race which was not my preference but they pressured me that I wasn't being "open" enough. Would have thought for $9, 500 I could have preferences. The first guy never called me until two weeks later, cancelled out on meeting me twice, opting to go to a strip club with co-workers. They he blew me off completely. These are the wonderful men who are costing me $1, 000 each to meet?
            I have since asked for a refund. They don't return my calls or emails. They are long past the six weeks they are allowed in between matches. They don't have anyone who fits my criteria, and they ignore it anyway trying to push people on you who they can't match. they attempt to downplay the fact that they can't give you what you want and then try to make it seem like deficiency of yours. If only I had read the article in McLeans and found these comments before being stupid enough to give that lying manipulator my money. Now it's going to be have to be a lawsuit to get my money back becasue they like to threaten everyone with their lawyers.
            If anyone is interested in getting together to discuss this matter further please contact me at [email protected]

• Th
            ThePinch Apr 13, 2009

The Allied network came recommended to me. I was told the fee was "a few hundred dollars". Susan showed up late from lunch. They left a stack of books with wedding photos etc. including photos of someone I know socially (never knew they met this way; a little embarrassing.) After extensive questioning, the fee table was presented - starting at $12, 500. We finally settled on a lot less "because I was late from lunch".

Their suggestions, after 4 weeks...
            Fellow #1 lives in Orangeville. I live in Toronto. I don't have a car. He rejected me.
            Fellow #2 has been "separated, but for 2 years." We all know what "separated" means in this business.
            Fellow#3 was a real estate investor. Anyone who owns a house is a real estate investor, but there aren't too many Brad Lambs out there.
            Fellow#4 was a surgeon who likes skiing. Yay! Except that he monopolized 85 % of the conversation and only did the double diamond hills at Tremblant and Whistler, and I could too if I took lessons.
            Can someone tell me why a surgeon is skiing high-risk hills?
            Now they don't return my calls.
            And I thought something was wrong with me.

• To
            Tom White Nov 10, 2008

This company as a dating service is one of the worst out there. I have heard so many complaints against them. And I went in personally and found them to be horrible.
            The CBC did an expose on them that was aired several times, but the company threatened a lawsuit & the piece was removed. The CBC! The nations most respected newsnetwork. This place is VERY shady.
            I went in to see, & the saleswoman Susan is an expert at pressure sales & lies. They will try to charge you thousands of dollars. What they claim to what they actually produce, is miles away

They don't produce what they promise at all!!! Beware!
            Find love somewhere else

• Ca
            Cally Bender Nov 09, 2008

Hello
            I would like to sincerely warn all prosepective clients of this truly horrid organization, to stay as far away as possible.
            They are expert salespeople, operating an organization that is extreme in its lack of ethics toward the individuals who pay for their services.
            The only thing that they truly care about, is sealing the deal, having you sign a contract, and forking over literally thousands of dollars. Thousands of dollars, up to $9000.00 for a few dates.
            The staff are untrained young people, working out of a basement, who never ever meet you (the clients). They are certainly no experts in finding you a love connection, and they largely don't care, and are just biding time to get you through the contract and off of their list - completing their contractual obligation to you with the least work and effort possible.
            It is a horrid organization, and horrid system that does not do what it claims.
            They are certainly not a respected organization, and the lawsuits and complaints to the Better Business Bureau are staggering. But new people, uninformed, keep signing up...so the money keeps pouring in, and they remain in business, doing the bare minimum to get people dates...often dates that do not anywhere near resemble what one has requested for a potential match.
            Do yourself a favour, stay far away from this organization, and warn others about it. You CAN find love for yourself, but there are free sites out there, and to tell you the truth EHarmony sounds alot better and more authentic than this money scamming set up.
            Also, you never know when you'll meet your love! It could be at a bus stop or grocery store!
            Best wishes, and stay away from The Allied Network Scam

Allied Network — Soulless criminals!

SCAMMERS - who prey on lonely, single people - the worse kind of criminals. I'm a single, upwardly...

Toronto