Love, Beal And Nixon Complaints & Reviews

Love, Beal And NixonViolation of Title 12 and Fair Debt Collection Act

Love Beal and Nixon are violating title 12 of the oklahoma statue. I have been wanting to get a group of people who are experiencing issues with LBN and see if we can put some type of class action together. One of the reasons I think they are reluctant to provide backup data is that they are padding balances and adding dollars fradulently to increase their revenue. Those SOB's are purchasing old CC debt and I am not sure that most of it is past the statue of limitations for Oklahoma debt. I am willing to go along with going to the media for assistance. I have also filed complaints with the OBA against Shandra McKinney one of the attorney's as well as William Nixon.

I think we need to put all of this together for class action against LBN for undue stress, financial hardship as well as their continued violation of the "Fair Debt Collection Act" and actions within Title 12. I think they are padding balances by thousands of dollars to keep that business open. That is why they refuse to provide documentation of the balance from day one. I am filing a notice of hearing to bring them back into court regarding my issue with this group of thieves. Anyone interested in trying to do something collectively against LBN - please email me at [protected]@yahoo.com. I am just now starting to work on this - but I think we have some issues that could cost LBN some money.

I have paid them over 14, 000 for a 1500 dollar debt. This is a terrible company with rude employees who misrepresent themselves and pretend to be you to collect information about you - which is illegal. It is time that we fought back against companies such as this. It is a way to collect old dollars without causing undue stress and financial hardship. They have even taken unemployement compensation from individuals which is a serious violation of the federal guidelines under exemptions. I want to go after them - but I think it would be more presntable and effective as a group.

• Na
    nancy allen May 03, 2011

Love Beale and nixon just emptied my bank account they left me.12 cents i am a dislocated worker and am on unemployment...have been since dec. 17, 2010..i thought they werent allowed to take unemployment benefits for bad credit card debt??? anybody kno???

• Tj
    Tj7 Sep 04, 2011

They emptied out my bank account also after I advised it wasn't my debt, that someone made a purchase and never paid it off. I supplied them with the guilty party's info but still received rude and harassing calls and letters. Even got one saying they put a lien on my car! Is that possible? For old credit debt? So now I'm afraid to have a bank account in my name since they totally wipe out funds...saying I provided them with my bank info...total lie! And I agree they do pad them balances ridiculously.

• Fa
    faithful2015 Mar 27, 2015

faithful
    am so confused now Love and Beal, went to my bank too all my money from my chase bank, then went to my job to garnished pay check. am a single mother, and I do not have enough. I even talk to my lawyer that call them to discuss about the money. CITI BANK I never ever have city bank.. also now I am out of work because of LOVE AND BEAL. . they ask me to submit my pay stub for 3month, and all my utilities bills I gave them but now they told my lawyer they will call them on Monday. LOVE AND BEAL PLEASE leave me alone. I TOLD YOU IS NOT ME SOMEONE USED MY NAME TO GET VREDIT CARD WITH NEMEROUS NAME. they said the original amount is $2, 700. in 2007.. then now after this years they now call that is exceed to $9, 706 LOVE AND BEAL ARE making life my life and my kid life hard,

• Ga
    Garber Aug 23, 2015

I'm selling my house, we close August 28th. The lender called to tell me there is a lien on the house from old credit card debt. Don't remember being sued or a judgement against me I don't remember getting any paperwork or signing anything. I don't dispute that I owe the money. I called Love, Beal & Nixon hoping I could make a settlement offer. She gave me an amount they would settle on we both agreed. I said my brother was helping me with money and couldn't pay until the end of next week she said they would give me until August 28th. When title company called them for payoff they told her the offer was good only for that day we talk but that's not true I made the deal with someone else who said the 28th would be fine. They both said that I was wrong and they took the offer off the table. She was rude and said she was doing me a favor with the offer that she could demand the full amount. I'm not making anything off this sale and that's why I getting help from my brother. The offer was still real high and that amount will be hard on me to pay back. I have MS I don't work I'm on SS Disability and only get $392 a month I'm getting a divorce too. Money is very tight. I can't sell my house until this is settled, I don't have a lot time. Please help me. Tracey

• Re
    Retired Senior Aug 02, 2016

I received a garnishment dated July 22, 2016 in a letter from Nixon, Beal & Love for $6122.57 CC debt I believe was discharged in bankruptcy before 2000. A current TransUnion Credit report makes no reference to any collection for CC debt. My only source of income is from SS which is exempt. I sent a reply to NBL "claims clerk" claiming exemption with documentation and requesting a hearing. I have not yet received a reply. From the evidence I have in hand, it appears NBL is in violation of Title 12.

• Nj
    NJM56 Nov 27, 2017

Once again Love, Beal and Nixon are ruining my life. Back in 2007 they started harassing me over a debt from 2004 for $2, 600.00 so I started paying them $108 a month. I paid over $4, 000.00 to them then became unemployed and couldn't pay. Then in 2010 they cleaned out my bank account of money I had received from home owners insurance because my home caught fire. It was money I was to use to rebuild my home and they took it. Over $7, 000.00! I received notice of a class action law suit and filed to join. Something like two years later I received a reimbursement check from the law suit for just under $200. So I assumed my debt was paid in full. Here it is 2017 and again LBN are starting to call me again! Now for that same debt they say I OWE THEM $13, 000.00! I looked the case up online and every year they have gone in and continued the action against me! They've even sent garnishments to a hand full of different banks where I live. I'm now on SSDI and struggle to survive on $900 a month. I'm at a loss on what to do. Can anyone give me advise on who to talk to even? I can't afford an attorney, nor afford to file bankruptcy.

Love, Beal And Nixonwage garnishee

First of all, 2 years ago, soon after major surgery and a near death experience, I returned home to receive 2 letters from the Oklahoma City law office of Love, Beal and Nixon, regarding a judgment against me of $10, 000 and a threat to garnishee wages. (My only income is from teaching as adjunct faculty -- annual income of $12, 000.)
I talked with Enid lawyers then, and I had a prepaid lawyer online, and I told the OKC law firm I was talking to lawyers, and that's the last I heard from them. (I really thought they were unscrupulous wolves who had bought an old debt) I couldn't imagine what a debt of this magnitude could be. After some time, I figured out it was resulting from a loan of $4000 that I had taken out in 1999, to restore my credit, with Beneficial Finance to pay off old debts (from my previous marriage, that ended in 1993) and that I paid on until summer of 2002.
Now, I have received garnishee papers from the college I work for, with their plan to send 25% of my meager stipend to the OKC law office. I have marked the space for exemption, because I am a single mother with undue hardship, and poor health. I need a miracle.