JR Brothers Financial Complaints & Reviews

JR Brothers FinancialWon't work woth you

I received a bill for $150.00 and called to see if I could pay $50.00 until paid off. I was told no. I asked why and they said because the amount was owed in full and if I didn't pay it in full they would contact my employer to let them know. I explained I was willing to pay $50.00 for 4 months and was told, "if you so send us a check for $50.00 we will tear it like we never received it". The collecter then hung up on me. I called back the following day and the lady who stated she was "The supervisor" laughed when I asked her if they would really tear my check if I sent it for $50.00 and said, "Yup we will". I couldn't believe it. When I asked for her supervisor's name, she said "I don't have one. I'm the boss". She was very unprofessional and rude so I didn't believe she was the boss so I asked her for her corporate address. She said, "I'm not going to give you that. Are u kidding me, you think I'm stupid". She then hung up on me. I tried calling her back but she would answer her phone and laugh in the receiver and hang up on me, so I stopped calling. I can't believe they treat people this way. I'm willing to pay for my bill, but I can't pay for all of it. The higher ups need to take a look at what's going on over there. If they aren't receiving payments, its probably because their staff are tearing up the checks.

JR Brothers FinancialDebt Collection

THIS COMPANY VIOLATES THE FAIR DEBT COLLECTIONS PRACTICES ACT AS A NORMAL BUSINESS PRACTICE. Bob Antenucci will try to bully and intimidate you with "we'll take you to court" and "Employment verifications" that are only obvious to the employer to be a debt collection. When you call the office to try to get to the bottom of this you would see by speaking to different people that these actions are the norm and encouraged. BOB ANTENUCCI AND JR BROTHERS FINANCIAL ARE THE BOTTOM FEEDERS THAT GIVE DEBT COLLECTORS THE NAME THEY HAVE TODAY

jacob73 Aug 24, 2009

harrassing calls made to my work from, a Chris Brown. I have offered to make a payment arrangement, he refused it, saying he would only send it back. Then stated his next call was going to be to my employer to take action. All over a debt less than $200.

• Ge
    Geronima Feb 12, 2010

than pay your bills and these "bottom feeders" won't have to collect from you "deadbeats"!!!
    Nice to slam a company that is in business because folks like you default on their bills. Figures!!

• Br
    BrendaS237 Sep 09, 2010

I called to find out about getting payments reduced for a thrid party of which I had permission to do, they were very belgerant and threatening and when I would not comply with their outrageous demands they hung up on me.

• So
    Soon2BFree Nov 11, 2010

I couldn't agree more!!! Was just hung up on twice by a Mrs. Maxwell and then by a supposed manager named Robin -- wouldn't be surprised if the person's name is Robin Maxwell.

• Th
    thepstir820 Dec 03, 2010

This company is horrible. Whoever it is that calls you is always so bitter and extremely rude. I understand their job is hard because they get paid $10/hr and have to get hung up on all day but they are very rude on the phone. I know it's a collection agency as well but if you don't make an immediate payment they are going to threaten you with this and that. They must understand people are trying to work through debt, nobody wants to be in debt. I'm sure if they took a different approach they could get more results.

• Ph
    phoebes95 Mar 10, 2011

wow geronima, ever think that maybe the original company can't get their paperwork straight and bill the insurance correctly the first time? i'm not paying for their mistake because they can't follow my explicit instructions for how they were to bill the insurance, and the idiot decided to go off and do her own thing. i told her exactly who and how to bill, and she went off and billed a prior insurance i no longer affiliated myself with. so of course it was denied, and of course they sent it to collections. NOT MY FAULT. and i'll be darned if i'm going to trouble myself, after explaining it to them twice on the phone and three times in writing, when they're still going to just report me. idiots.

• Queen of Credit Jan 26, 2015

JR Brothers is a collection agency that DOES Violate the Fair Debt Collection Practices Act often. The reason is that most consumers do not know their consumer rights and the particular laws that are in place to protect them for bottom feeders and disgusting companies that prey on people down on their luck, that can't pay their bills because of illness, job loss, divorce or other unforeseen financial issues. Also sometimes people just don't want to pay their bills because they didn't get the treatment or services that was contracted for or they simply don't think the debt is theirs or valid. Many different reasons that I have heard over the 29 years as a Credit Consultant. What you do need to know are 2 things: 1. First find out if JR Brothers legally has the right to collect on you for the alleged debt by sending them a Debt Validation Letter (google search one or email me [email protected]). If they do not respond or if they do not send you a copy of the contract with your signature, then they are not validating debt under the federal law, FDCPA; 2. Find out more about the alleged debt by using a DVL, or calling JR Brothers to ask who they are collecting for, what the account number is, how much the debt is, and especially when was the last payment on the account was made (this is important for step 3); 3. If the alleged debt is past the State Statute of Limitations then you are NOT legally responsible to pay the debt anymore! Yes, you heard that right!! This pertains to the state that you lived in when you incurred the debt. You need to know exactly what date the last payment was made on, then add 1 month. This is the date of delinquency. This is the date that you start counting the time from until today. Example: Arizona is 3 years for Open Ended Accts (credit card debts) and 6 years for written contract debts; California is 4 years for all debts... Oral/verbal; Written; Promissory and Open Ended Accts). THIS IMPORTANT DETAIL IS OVERLOOKED BY MANY CONSUMERS BECAUSE NO ONE WILL TELL YOU THIS UNLESS YOU HIRE AN ATTORNEY OR LOOK UP THE LAWS. 4. If you know the debt is within the SOL, then you can opt to do the following to pay it:... Pay it in full; Make monthly payments; Settle it for 20%-30% or don't pay it. What are the repercussions if you don't pay it??? They may sue you but usually JR Brothers does not sue you, especially for medical debts but know that they could or give the account back to the original creditor, then they can send it to an attorney to collect and/or sue upon. Know your rights, get educated and fight back! [email protected]

JR Brothers FinancialBREAKING LAWS

Called my employer to verify employment status. I Called back to inform them to STOP calling me or my employer because they were going to get me fired. Atkinson did not care and kept yelling at me about the "debt". I called back to inform person answering phone they can send me the information through the mail, but to stop calling my work and my employer/supervisor.

• La
    Laurie Dec 12, 2008

GET OFF THE DAMN PHONE - NEVER EVER TRY TO NEGOTIATE WITH A DEBT COLLECTOR - THEY LIE

that is where you keep making mistakes - stop calling and do it writing.

www.ftc.gov
    LEARN ABOUT FAIR DEBT COLLECTION PRACTICE ACT
    this law protects you from bottomfeeders - but if you fail to educate yourself - you will not stop it

In The News

A consumer site aimed at exposing unethical companies and business practices