Hunt & Henriques Law Firm Complaints & Reviews

Hunt & Henriques Law FirmUnreasonable and Ruthless

In June of 2010 my husband lost his job and I was on disability. Throughout this time I took out a number of cash advances from the store fronts and I was just not able to get my head above water. I stopped paying my credit cards. I received the usual calls from everyone.

One day I received a letter from a third party stating I was being sued by Hunt & Henriques on behalf of one of their clients. I was never served and thought this was a tactic for me to pay money that I just did not have. I searched the court web site and there it was, a lawsuit for 1300.00. I called H&H and they admitted they were serving to a wrond address and I had to pay the full amount plus court fees immediately or they were going to go into my bank account and take the money or garnish my wages. They continued to call and Christmas of 2010 one of their people told me that "my children were going to see their mom taken away in handcuffs while they were in front of the Chrismas tree". I had no idea what they could have done to me at this point so I agreed to make payments of 100 a month. They said based on my salary I would have to pay more than that and that they didnt care what my situation was. After agreeing to pay they made me sign a document that basically said they would have a judgement against me if I stopped paying.

Withinn this time I was working with Credit Answers so they could settle my debt and I was making an attempt to do the right thing. H&H would NOT even work with them or even attempt to work with me for a more reasonable payment. They continued to call me and when I called them back NO ONE would answer the phone.

Months go by and I get ANOTHER letter from a third party that I was being sued again by H&H on another account. I was never served AGAIN and I searched the court site and another lawsuit was against me from them.

I have officially thrown in the towel and filed CPT 7 STRICTLY because of this firm. They backed me into a corner with lawsuits under 1500.00 and left me with many sleepless nights with their threats and ruthless behavior. Not only was I getting calls from them, but another company NCO that was them as well...all on the same accounts. Beware of these guys. Every payday I would check my account to make sure that they didnt dip into it so I couldnt pay my rent. They told me numerous times that they will take my entire check and leave me with nothing and that I should "get my priorities straight and pay my bills"

They have forced me to change banks, change my phone number, and now file BK. This is not was in my plan. My plan was to do the right thing and pay off my debt but they never gave me a chance. Not only were they making me pay the credit card balance, but hundreds upon hundreds of legal fees on top of it. BEWARE THEY WILL SUE YOU. I'VE NEVER SEEN ANYTHING LIKE IT BEFORE.

• De
      debt collector hater May 12, 2012

contact http://lemberglaw.com/debt-collection-law-attorney-5.php/ phone [protected]. They handle debt collector abuse for free. I am currently dealing with H&H ###.

Hunt & Henriques Law Firm — court document served to a juvenile instead of properly finding me insuring a no show on my part and a judgement for them.

Hunt & Henriques Law Firm (H&H), works for NCO collections. A collection agency that is known for using...