Golden Circle Complaints & Reviews

Resolved Golden CircleFraud and scam

This company takes a van full of young men and vacume cleaners in a neighborhood. There is a young lady who goes door to door and asks if we want our rugs or furniture cleaned for free. She say Kirby does this so they can earn college credits. When we say yes, she calls on the phone and a van drops someone off in 15 minutes. When she gives us the paper for our free cleaning that is when we realize we have to watch the demonstration. She told my neighbor it takes a half hour. They drop these kids off and leave them for two hours. I asked him to speed it up so I could start my supper, but he kept right on talking. I finally insisted that he clean the furniture as promised, and started to cook my supper. That was over 2 hours later. He called for a ride, and had to wait over 20 minutes.

When I got up the next morning I saw that my couch and recliner were full of water stains, so I called the number on my paper. The man said he would be in the neighborhood that day so he would stop in mid afternoon. I called him again late afternoon and he said he would be here within the hour. The young man who was at my neighbor's house told her they work until 9:00 at night. She also had to walk away from him to cook supper. The next time I called the phone was on the answering machine, as it was today. This is not good for Kirby Corporation. I would not take the vacume if it was free.

• Ho
    honeyfitz Aug 10, 2009

I too have been a victim of the Golden Circle . I saw the glorious ad stilll 475. I was even offered managment. Im supposed to start this Wednesday. And they said dont waist their time training is extensive. HA!! I had the same feeling as everyone else so i googled it. And look what i found.l It was actually quite sad to see these people are still getting wy with this. i almost want to go to see what they say

Resolved Golden CircleScam and cheating!

I was so frustrated in my career of waitressing. I came across an add that suggested no college degree, training provided. So, I called. Guaranteed 475 a week.Yeah right! I was promised 475 a week plus paid vacations, bonuses, the whole nine yards. BUT that first weekend I had to sell to my friends and family.

#1 I did not sign up for sales the add stated customer service. I thought I would be answering phones. That is customer service last I checked.Needless to say, I busted my ### that weekend with the promise of 200 dollar's per sale. Selling this 2000 dollar machine that noone I know could afford.

Now being my family, I sold two that weekend. So I thought. Light machine I don't think so, I spent 4 day's after that weekend flat on my back, after lugging a 60 lb. box up 3 flights of stairs to sell to a friend who out of her kindness for me bought a vacuum she couldn't afford. The other machine I 'sold' didn't qualify so that was a waste.

I returned my vacuum when I could walk with it only to find that after 2 WEEKS of breaking my back literally, and SELLING ' which was not in the job description, I'm customer service' I ended up with NOTHING! B/C my sales were not A+ credit, so they don't count.

I broke my back and sold a stupid vacuum to someone who can't afford and walked away with nothing. These people should not be allowed to con people the way they do. I will be the most addiment to say stay clear of Golden Circle in Southgton CT.

• Sn
    snoopy1500 Jul 09, 2008

Thank you ive been looking for a job and when i saw this add about the golden circle i thought it would be good for me to call they told me that i had an interview at noon the next day and pridemuch me get off the phone when i got the name of the company i figured id look them up i couldnt find thier site (probably because golden circle is a popular name) but wen i stumbled across this add i was stiued that this same thing had happend to me i was told i would pe doing customer service & information but niglected to tell me what the company does when asked if i had to do door to door work she said no (I had found an add to good to be true 3 or 4 weeks before thet i couldnt rember that seemed too good to be true and when my family looked it up it turned out to be a sales co. so i blew off the interview).
    thank you soo much p.s. i had plans to go out with my girl friend thet day too wich i probably would of cancled to go to the interview only to get pissed off.

check out /link removed/ if you dont bileve there is 5 more complaints and for one site 5 complaints on one co. thats ALOT.
    this comment was also written for that site so it may not be written write dont hassle me.

Joe Schmo 79 Jul 14, 2008

Not to sound rude, but it's not "add." "Add" means "addition, " as in mathematics.

The term you are looking for is "ad, " which is short for "advertisement, " which is what you are complaining about.

• Do
    Dorothy Dawson Oct 08, 2008

I purchased a 1 litre of Golden Circle Pine Mango Fruit Drink about a month ago. Best before date 07/12/08 at 09:04 1
    I do not now know where I purchased it from nor how much I paid but the strang thing is that when I went to open it last night, I found that it felt rather light.
    When I shook it I realised that it was half empty and it has NOT been opened.
    This is obviously a packing fault and I felt you should know about it.
    I will hold it here until I hear from you.

Thanks
    Dorothy Dawson

• Ca
    cat smith Oct 14, 2008

I'm a 19 yr. old just goin to college and i saw the golden add and applyed but yeah i totaly exserinced the same thing with the interview seems like a good thing but after all the negitve things i heared about i think ill say forget it. thanks for the heads up.

• Do
    Don'tbeAsucker Apr 08, 2009

I received a phone call from Golden Circle #860-329-0329 I didn't answer because I suspected it was a solicitor. So I looked it up online and found your complaint. Beware they are tele marketing.

• Ct
    ct123 Feb 05, 2010

They are at it again, with the telemarketing, trying to get people to sign up for their scam!!!

I did not recognize the name "Golden Circle" so I looked it up online and found this site, and the [redacted] website too.

The phone number that showed on my caller ID was 860-329-0323

I see the first complaint here was from 2008, and now it's 2010, and Golden Circle is still trying to con people! Someone should stop them!

• Ki
    Kirby for way less Feb 06, 2011

I was lucky and did not buy one from them. Who has $1200.00 to spend. I found someone that showed me how to get a Kirby for only a few hundred dollars, the current model Sentria. Love it, keeps my house cleaner than before. He can be reached at [email protected] Save a ton of money and still get a Kirby.

• Os
    ososwagg Oct 19, 2011

They Just Called me today and i went to the interview and he had me fill out some paper and then we talk and he said 500 a week but never told me what i was doing in a good description, i thought i was doing customer service till i bump to this site. i went out shopping to buy me some nice clothes thinking its a professional job but guess what he thinks im coming in tomorrow to start my fist then but im going to do a no call no show on his behind lol
    10/18/11

• Ki
    Kirby for way less Dec 31, 2011

Yes they will not tell you what you are selling or doing. Thats why [email protected] has Kirby Vacuums, the current model lSentria for under $300.00