Global Warranty Group Complaints & Reviews

Global Warranty GroupPoor customer service

On 7/11/14, I called Global Warranty to file a claim of my broken phone. I chose to mail my phone & then for the insurance to deduct my deductible. That was done & I was told thatthat I'll receive my replacement within 48 hrs. A week later I call them & now II was told that my phone was in back order cuz their vendors didn't have the S4 from metro PCS. So I continuously waited another wk & I was still told the same. I asked to speak with some one who can help me, but I kept being told that there was no one I can speak to. Then I found another number & spoke with representative & offered a Verizon S4 phone & told it was compatible with Metro PCS. After 3 days it was given to me the phone isn't compatible at all. Now I can't reach customer service at all. What can I do?

Global Warranty GroupCell Phone Insurance

This company is the worst company I have ever delt with!!! Never get insurance through them! I will admit I do like having insurance on my phone although I submitted my claim a week ago, recieved what Verizon stated was a stolen phone, contacted insurance and they said they were redo-ing the process. One to two more business days from thursday...was hoping I would recieve it on friday, didnt come so hoped for saturday. Didnt come so I called again and they had not yet shipped it out! I was told I would not be getting my phone for another week!!! So one to two days turned into one to two weeks! Am just hoping that it will come next thursday! Once again warn anyone to never sign up for insurance through this company! My brother also had problems with them!

joann angelo Jun 26, 2013

I NEED TO CANCEL INSURANCE PHONE IS BROKE GOT DIFFERENT ONE DONT NEED INSURANCE NUMBER IS 973-986-0104

joann angelo Jun 26, 2013

need to cancel insurance phone broke got new one with different insurance number is 973 986 01 04

• Mo
    mollyb1 Nov 14, 2013

Global Warranty customer service told me to wait 30 days to make a claim on a broken Iphone and if I bought a new phone before that I should transfer coverage to the new device, when I did what they told me to do they denied coverage on the first insured device and told me I should have kept up separate insurance on the broken phone to make a claim. Different customer servive reps tell you different things

Global Warranty Groupwarranty

Buyer Beware by the time you pay the deductible and the price of the insurance you might not have saved your self anything and you will have to put a hold on your credit card for the price of the phone if you want a working phone in a timely fashion. Also on there site it say to merchants how to profit from returns. No one promised you a new phone did they? check out this link to there sister. companyhttp://www.prcind.com/remanufacturing/remanufacturing-79.html. Make sure you watch the video where they mention there sister GWG. What I have learned is make sure it is a factory store in my case Verizon not a store that sells Verizon and go over the warranty info carfully so you are getting a good value for your money. To make sure im clear and fair I am happy with Verizon the service has been good

• Cs
    CSchultz Feb 17, 2012

I purchased an Ipad 2 through a Verizon Wireless authorized dealer in Newark, Ohio, on Oct. 11, 2017. At the time of purchase I paid $150 for insurance on the Ipad through Global Warranty Group.
    Sometime the latter part of Novemeber the Ipad was stolen from my vehicle. After gathering all of the necessary documents and filing a police report, I was able to file a claim through Global Warranty Group, on Dec. 15, 2017. I was required to submit an additional $150 for replacement of the stolen Ipad. At this point Global Warranty Group now has $300 of my money.
    I was told on Dec. 15, 2017, that I could expect my replacement in 7 to 10 business days. Two weeks later, when I still had not received my replacement, I called and was told the Ipad was on back order and I should give them another 7 to 10 business days. I have called twice a week since early January and get the same response "I should expect to receive my replacement in 7 to 10 business days, it is on back order."
    Yesterday, I contacted the Apple Corporation, and explained the situation. I was informed by their representative that it would NEVER take more than 10 days to have a replacement shipped and typically takes less than 48 hours. I continue to call Global Warranty Group daily and they continue to tell me they have no new information.

• Fi
    finblonde60 Dec 26, 2013

My phone broke 12/18/13 we filed a claim that day. Paid for expedited service to have phone back in 1-3 biz days, here we are day 5 and they can't tell me when a phone will be shipped. The answer I get is "based on availability" - who sells insurance on those bases??
    The charged us extra for a quick turn around. Claims department just takes the claim then they are NO help in resolving the issue. They say that they have internally contacted the expedition department to have them call back in 2 biz days - Call back where?? I have NO phone. Horrible experience! Please be aware!

Global Warranty GroupVoided contract

BEWARE THE COLLUSION OF VERIZON ZONE AND GLOBAL WARRANTY!
I bought a $310 phone and insurance package from Verizon Zone and was never told that the insurance package would not cover the first 30 days. I lost the phone on the 21st day and was abruptly told over the phone that my insurance contract would be voided. Case closed. Thanks for calling.

Avoid Verizon Zone and Global Warranty at all costs.

• De
    deathexp631 Jul 22, 2010

Next time, read your terms and conditions, coverage begins on day 31, if you break or lose your phone within the 1st 30 days of your warranty, that is considered fraud! Just saying...

• Ds
    D Strong Jul 24, 2010

What's fraudulent about losing your cellphone on the 21st day you owned it? Careless, perhaps, but hardly a crime.

They might have made me wait until the 31st day to file the claim (since, for some reason, it takes them that long to figure out I bought a phone and one of their policies) but they shouldn't allow a call center operator to blithely void a policy I paid for in full up front. They didn't wait 30 days to take my money, and by the way, I've heard nothing about a refund for the policy that they voided before it even took effect. As it turns out, the phone has been found and I can verify that it's damaged. No fraud here.

In the meantime, Verizon and Mastercard have stepped in to remedy the situation. I repeat, AVOID GLOBAL WARRANTY.

But thanks, mr. death, for your helpful advice. I'll continue trying to make the consumer landscape fairer for the next guy while you go on "just saying..."

(Can we complain about that lame catchphrase being past it's best-buy date on this site?)

• As a consumer it is your duty to review the terms and conditions of contractual agreements. If you do not wise up you will continue to run into burns like this. If you rely on other people to explain to you what you are getting then you allow human error to take it's part. You reap what you sew.

• Br
    Bryan Nuttall Dec 14, 2012

I'm looking at truck that has a history since interduced I was told to buy warrenty through global.This is why I'm here I want to see how global gets out of paying.I think I found answer here and won't buy truck.I'm a private contractor and truck is my livley hood.I will also call bbb and see how many complaints they have.thanks Bryan N

• In
    In Good Faith Mar 04, 2018

@Bryan Nuttall I agree 110%. Global warranty is a fraud along with their unlicensed insurance "agents" who wilfully mislead clients . I think there should be a class action lawsuit against this company.
    Let's start one!!!

• In
    In Good Faith Mar 04, 2018

Global warranty along with employees like Brian Warnica from London office is absolutely a fraud and cash grab! Warnica had on several documented occasions mislead and deliberatly lied to delay and ultimately deny a valid claim under the policy. He even went above and beyond the vehicle manufacturers diagnosis of the warranty covered problem/repair and stated the manufacturer was wrong in their diagnosis. Warnica who has no experience as a claims adjuster nor is certified to hold such a title deliberately prolonged the claims process and ultimately denied it based on his opinion and not that of the knowledge of the actual vehicle manufacturer who made the diagnosis. His only knowledge and work history was as a parts person for Ford in London, Ontario. Beware be very aware of this company and Warnica!!!
    If other people out there have had similar experiences please let me know so this manipulation of consumers legitimate rights no longer get violated abused and rejected due to this companies negligence and fraudulent and unlawful practices.
    In PGood Faith

Global Warranty GroupNo Service

Purchased a warranty from GWG along with my phone upgrade from Verizon. I had insurance on my previous phone included in my Verizon contract. GWG was $90 for two years where Verizon was $6 per month. I should have done my home work. With Verizon I called they shipped a replacement-had it the next day. Return my old phone and paid the deductible. GWG, you can get a phone shipped out two day later, with two day shipping and they place a $300 hold on your credit card along with the deductible. Or else you can send your damaged phone in, when they receive it they charge the deductible, order your replacement phone for shipment two days later, and ship it two day air. In my case they charged my deductible on March 1, on March 10th I still don't have a replacement phone, nor a tracking # to show that it even shipped.

Pay the extra money-buy insurance from the phone company. It is still true "You get what you pay for"

Dallas Hawks
[protected]

• De
    deathexp631 Jul 22, 2010

That sux they got your phone for 10 days a replcmnt didnt ship, but guess what? Verizon and Assurion can bill you thru your wireless bill, but GWG cannot...hence, the reason for putting a hold on your card...if you dont send them the broken phone, they charge you!

Global Warranty Group — wireless claims service

I filed a claim for a broken phone last week and after putting a $300.00 hold on a credit card, I was told I...