Gamesaver Subscription Complaints & Reviews

Gamesaver Subscriptiongamesaver fraud lawsuit

Our lawyers are investigating potential claims on behalf of worldwide consumers against Oberon Media ("Oberon" or the "Company") relating to the Company's GameSaver Subscription Internet Cy.

On November 30, 2009, a class action complaint was filed against the Company in the United States District Court for the Central District of California, Case No. CV 09-8764 JFW (AGRx). The complaint alleges that Oberon Media engaged in unfair, unlawful and fraudulent business practices with respect to the GameSaver Subscription by, among others, charging consumers for subscription that they did not order, charging unauthorized charges on their credit cards, double billing for games, and making it impossible to cancel the subscription without paying an illegal penalty.

If you or someone you know have any information, or if you have any questions about this lawsuit, please contact us.

Michael Kim & Associates
Email: [protected]@mhklawyers.com
3699 Wilshire Blvd. Suite 860
Los Angeles, CA 90010

Comment Guidelines

Respond

Gamesaver Subscription — Family Feud game

Last month I bought a game online. Family Feud. I gave my credit card number and am being charged $6.95 a...

Gamesaver Subscriptionunauthorized subscription fees

While reviewing my bank account I noticed some charges from a company called Gamesaver. It was for a subscription fee for $6.95 plus an additional ATM fee charge of $0.13.

I went online to research what this was and I found that it is a service connected to Yahoo Games. They are actually part of Oberon-Media, a game development company.
    I also found several complaints listed here about this company. This was very disconcerting.

I went onto the Yahoo Games site and tried to cancel the subscription. The notice that I recieved is attached below. They are saying that I would be charged $69.50 for the balance of my yearly subscription. First, I do not recall ever ordering a yearly games subscription from Yahoo. And if I did, I should have the right to cancel it at any time without having to pay the balance for the year. I did recently pay for and downloaded a game from Yahoo. I did not sign up for or agree to a monthly subscription. I paid full price of $19.99 for the game, as I have on occassion in the past. Also, the game failed to work properly so now I'm out what I paid for it.

I have contacted by bank and instructed them to reverse the charges and to not accept charges from this company in the future. This seems to be the only way to stop the fees. I hope that if enough complaints are filed something will be done about this company.

Thank you for your time and assistance in this matter.

unauthorized subscription fees

Comment Guidelines

7 Responses
      • Tr
        tristinska Sep 11, 2009

Same problem, purchased 1 game last Feb, for the 2 month deal, (ha!) am still being charged 9.99, can't find any way of calling anyone put stop payment on at my bank, filled out dispute papers, anyone know who we can turn them in to?

• Ol
        Ole Aug 26, 2009

same problem. I purchased 2 stupid games and now they charging 12 dollars every month

chennai102 Aug 18, 2009

I also had the same problem. Firstly i get billed for what i dont buy.
        More importantly i dont get to complain to anyone about it.
        Yahoo is a partner in the scam !!

• Sw
        Sweetie-Tweety Aug 05, 2009

I just found 3 charges on my bank statement from Game Saver, each for $9.95. One from 2 weeks ago and 2 in the past 24 hour. I have never purchased any games online, and there is not any contact information to find out what this is. I called my bank and disputed the charges. My bank couldn't even find contact information for them. This is obviously fraud.

josephine spitak Jul 11, 2009

gamesaver sub was billed to my visa out of the clear blue sky and cannot find or contact anyone to stop it .this is a scam

• Le
        lesla Jun 30, 2009

I am having the exact same problem. I bought a game from the Yahoo site about a year ago. I did not subscribe to anything. About 5 months after my purchase, I received an email from GameSaver (Oberon-Media) stating that I was entitled to a free game by x date because of my purchase. I received these emails for another 3 or so months. I thought wow, buy 1 game, get a few free. The last few months though, I have noticed GameSaver charging me $11.97/month on my Visa for some kind of subscription. I never signed up for any kind of subscription.

I called my bank, and they said I had to send a letter to [email protected] telling them to cancel my 'subscription' immediately. I did so. I also expalined to them that when I tried to cancel online, all the links Oberon-media provided were broken. Additionally, I called Yahoo Customer Service. They are obviously farmed out to India, as the person I spoke to had no idea what I was trying to express, and kept telling me she wanted to put me through to billing. I explained everything about my buying the game, and how when I click on buy full version, it takes me to an Oberon-media site. I told her that I bought a game at full price, and now, months later, I am subject to fees for subscription I never signed up for. I asked h er if Yahoo owned Oberon-media, and she said no, and again told me she would put me through to billing. As I was calling from my cell, and it cost me to do so, I told her I was disappointed that in the 10 minutes we had been talking she could not forward me to any person who could directly help me. She told me she would forward me to billing. I hung up.

As far as I am concerned Oberon-Media is a scam, and I expect there will be many more complaints in the future. I will never purchase a game from Yahoo again.

• Pj
        pjorey Jun 22, 2009

I ran into the same problem. Yahoo Games and Oberon makes it impossible to cancel your account (no e-mails, no customer service number, no web page to cancel Yahoo Games subscription). You are directed to a webpage where you submit your question/request, but no one ever responds back. It took three months and I finally resorted to sending e-mails almost every day the last two weeks to Yahoo, Yahoo Games, and Oberon (including Oberon's corporate HQ). I finally JUST got someone to respond to me, saying it's been cancelled, and I think it was from Oberon corporate, not Oberon/Yahoo Games.

My personal take on this is that if you never get anyone, they can theoretically continue charging your credit card for a long time. It's dishonest practice, bordering on fraud, and I hope that Oberon cleans up its act!