Fresh Start Opportunities Complaints & Reviews

Fresh Start Opportunitiesnothing received - no return calls

I paid 80 for a subscription for my daughter - Star magazine - the young enthusiastic man was out to better himself and made a good pitch. I called after 4 months - no return call. Now 8 months later I call every day and leave a message and my name and phone #. I even have the receipt #15488. He wanted cash because of some technical reason and though I usually do not do this - I was scammed big time. He tried to get me to buy much more but 80 was all I had on me.<br />
<br />
Though is sounds good and the price seemed fair...do not fall for the sympathy aspect. He kept saying how one day he would like to live better and be a good family man. Unfortunately there may be some legit causes out there but beware and be safe

Comment Guidelines

1 Response
      Chumley64 Jul 24, 2009

I'm calling them 50 times a day. Same scam here in California...nice young presentable African American man, claiming he was trying to better himself so that one day he could have a house as good as mine. Don't know if these kids know it's a ripoff...for all we know Fresh Start is ripping off the kids too and not giving them their commission. It's been 8 months since they cashed my check for $58. I have yet to get a live person on the phone so I figure I can at least run up the bill for thier 866 number and maybe clog up their answering machine if they even record the messages. Never again do I buy anything from someone who comes to my door ...well maybe some girl scout cookies.
      Sharlene

Fresh Start OpportunitiesScam and cheating

'Fresh Start Opportunities' came by in early 2008 with a hard sell - 'You want to get us off the streets, or else...' I declined. A year later, Feb. 2009, they came by again, much softer sell - 'I'm trying to work my way through college, ' and I bought a couple subscriptions, elevated price but what the heck, it's a good cause. No, just a ripoff. An $80 lesson. It's in the interest of the good guys out there, charities and non-profits, to rid the world of these crooks, because myself, for example, nobody gets a dime anymore.

Comment Guidelines

1 Response
        joesephj Jul 09, 2009

I called to cancel my order and someone actually answered. Supposively I will receive a full refund of 104 dollars, but I dought will ever come.

Fresh Start Opportunities — Fraud

A man came to my door soliciting magazines, and telling me this sob story of how he was trying to better hi...