Forrester UK Holdings LLC Complaints & Reviews

Forrester UK Holdings LLCHarassment for non existent debt

Jan 31/2014 : I notified Forrester via email that their services were no longer required and my contract was legally terminated on Feb 28 as I was retiring.
Feb 04/2014 : Payment for the month of February was debited from my Bank account;
Mar 01/2014 : Hypercom POS machine was shipped to Forrester.
Mar 04/2014 : Hypercom POS machine was received by Forrester.
Forrester then invoiced me for the month of March. I declined to pay this as I was no longer under contract to them and the machine had been returned. To date they have escalated this initial £18 invoice to £108. Despite many phone calls and an exchange of 13 emails they will not accept that as their contract was terminated in February they are not entitled to a March payment. They are now threatening legal action. To summarize: I owe absolutely nothing to Forrester. Any further attempt to extract money from me can no longer be considered an accounting error. It is fraudulent. Does it take a silver bullet to stop the continual harassment?

Forrester UK Holdings LLCHarassment by Forrester UK Holdings

I closed my retail shop in January 2013. Since then I have been trying to return my credit card terminal. I have found Forrester UK Holdings to be impossible to contact. I receive threatening phone calls from a dreadful woman in America on my mobile phone, usually when driving or shopping when it is impossible to have a conversation. In any case even if I wanted a proper conversation the woman is impossible to speak to, as she will not listen, just rudely talks over me in a bullying way. I can't even remember how I ever signed up with such an appalling company. Certainly if I'd known it was a faceless American company I certainly wouldn't have signed. Elavon recommended I cease makiing any payments to Forrester, which of course I have done so. I am contacting BBC Watchdog and Trading Standards to see what information they have on this dreadful company. If there's anyone out there that can give me more information about Forrester?

• Mi
    Mick Wright Jun 07, 2014

It will be of interest to people that Forrester UK had a UK consumer credit licence, number 0583965 from 7th May 2005 to 7th may 2011. This licence then appears to have lapsed and new licence, number 0663232, was gained from January 2014 to 31st march 2014, after which they may have renewed their licence under the new arrangements. As you can see there is a gap of well over two years when they did not have a uk consumer credit licence which they are required to have under UK law in order to supply the services that they are supplying.. Licenced or not, THIS IS A BAD COMPANY THAT LLOYDS CARDNET SADDLED US WITH. THE WOMAN "CAROLINE" WHO KEEPS TELEPHONIING FROM AMERICA DOESN'T REALISE WHAT A FOOL SHE IS MAKING OF HERSELF WITH HER LACK OF LISTENING AND STRIDENT DISREGARD FOR HER COMPANY'S UNLICENCED ACTIVITIES IN THIS PERIOD..

• Al
    Alanmb Jun 12, 2014

I have had a similar problem with this women "Caroline" she will not listen, I returned my card reader at the end of a four year contract a month early, I still paid the rent for that month, but she keeps hassling me for £90.00 as I sent the machine back early.
    She said my contract will not finish with them until I pay this amount.
    As they have no licensed, can they force me to pay?

• Da
    Daniel's Security Centre Aug 18, 2014

We have the same problem Alanmb, we got sucked into a card machine contract by Lloyds TSB - who then changed suppliers without telling us meaning basically we ended up with two machines and two contracts . As you never get invoices from Forrester this went un-noticed for many months. Once we found out we tried to return the machine - and met with Carolines threats that we had a rolling 4 year contract & had to give 12 months notice to quit - then pay a penalty !!.
    The machine has been returned months ago (recorded delivery) and Caroline is still ringing 'ALL' our phones every evening chasing even more money - which increases every time she calls. No matter how you contact these bandits - the only person you ever talk to is the very ignorant & rude Caroline in America. Is this company a scam run by one lady - demanding money with threats ? . How do we get rid of her ??

• I was totally shocked Lloyds CardNet were linked up with this company - you end up using them by default and become ensared by their unbelievable exploitative terms and conditions. There terms and conditions leave a nasty taste in the mouth as does their customer service attitude. We sent two faulty machines back at our cost (no refund), they ask you to return the unit when you wish to terminate the contract leaving you to believe that it will stop then, however it doesn' t - despite a royal mail signature to prove they received it on a certain day they only acknowledged it a week after I had posted it and then debited from my account the 1 March one month's payment (it is only 13 February while writing) to pay for the whole month of February when we had only had it in our possession for 9 days at the start of February! Even then we have only used it 5 or so times over a yearly period due to it not working (faulty power cable connection) and not being able to get through to them on their phone (I waited 45 minutes on several occasions before on all occasions my battery ran out of power on my phone!) - they also have no telephone number listed on their "website" and no email address making it hard to get hold of them. One would expect an American company to know about customer service but it is not too disimilar to dealing with the UK tax office - they are never wrong and you always pay for their errors! Avoid this company at all costs. They should be shut down and Lloyds Cardnet should get wise as it will damage if it hasn't already their reputation by association when it does. I have never in my seven years of trading known a company like this and never thought I would be driven to write such a review, however I do not wish there to be many more victms of this company and hope this review helps at least those who read it to find another credit card leasing company - if Forresters name crops up - do not sign up to their lease - they seem to exploit new start ups in particular.

Forrester UK Holdings LLCDemand for payment

The demand relates to a card reading machine, returned in December 2010.
The demand is for a continuing rental, despite a number of telephone calls advising the return and cancellation of the agreement

• Li
    LITTLETONYS TYRE SHOP LTD Jun 29, 2011

1 ALSO RETURNED CREDIT CARD TERMINAL IN SEPT 2009, HAS BEEN CHASED FOR MONIES EVER SINCE, NOW OFFERING SPECIAL ONE TIME SETTLEMENT...394.39,
    BUT VERY SCEPTICAL...

• Pu
    Purplelally Jul 08, 2011

I also have been harressed about a terminal that I cancelled the contract for and returned. I have been writing them letters since Dec 2010 and recieved nothing from them. I keep getting phone calls from an American rep. I have spoken to them a number of times and can't get anywhere. I've told them I want communication in writing but they just keep phoning. I've now informed them that I've referred the whole thing to the Financial Ombudsman and will not be speaking with them by phone further. They are a nightmare. There are complaints on forums all over. I am very annoyed that Lloyds recommended this company in the first place.

• Do
    dontwastetime on forrester Jul 28, 2011

Don't let these people worry you. We too had continuous phone calls - both automated asking us to ring back and from some sort of human - and a bill each month that kept rising even though the contract had been cancelled some time before and the terminal returned. We also had the 'one off settle today' offers which we refused and we had letters from two debt collection companies in the UK threatening to take us to court. We ignored them all, although at the outset we did try to talk sensibly to them and explain as well as sending them copies of correspondence etc. Threatening phone calls from someone called Kaspar got very boring in the end and we were forced to use some rather rude words to him. This all lasted about two years.

I have a file of all the letters, demands, statements etc which I'll hang onto for a couple of years but it seems they got fed up in the end and we haven't had any correspondence from them now for at least six months. The debt collection companies are working on a payment by results basis and they're not going to pay to take you to court, Forrester are somewhere in the US and they're not going to come to a UK court to face you.

Just ignore them!!

• El
    Elizabeth rees Nov 29, 2011

I have the same problem with forresters they are the pits!!! cardnet are now saying that they cannot get involved. I have emailed Watchdog but they need more complaints.

• Gs
    G Snow Mar 02, 2012

We returned our credit card terminal (which was faulty anyway) and paid them up to date. Since then this awful company keep sending ever increasing bills for money we do not owe. We have sent in several complaints letter. All are completely ignored. Then we get another bill arrive. Is there anyone we can actually talk to within the company? Would advise anyone to avoid this appalling company like the plague!!!

• Ni
    nickelandrea Nov 12, 2012

I have also been having problems with this company.
    I switched supplier and asked to cancel the lease agreement with them. I received a standard letter about how to return the equipment and close the account. I returned the equipment, I also had spoken to a call centre operator who assured me that the lease would be finished. After I returned the equipment, I got a demand for payment - the man in the call centre this time told me that the phrase in the letter that said "any outstanding rentals owed" meant that I was supposed to carry on paying for the lease even though I had sent back the equipment and paid the termination fee (which he said was not a termination fee but a restocking fee, whatever that is!). My understanding of this phrase is that you have to make sure you've paid up to the date of the cancellation.
    They are now telling me that I haven't read the letter and that I agreed to the terms they laid out. I read the terms as that I would be able to send back the equipment and terminate the lease with the £95 pounds being a termination fee. I just can't understand how the phrase can mean what they say! If I interpret it their way, they are saying that I have to pay for the cancellation and still pay for the machine that I no longer have. If I carried on till the end of the lease, keeping hold of a machine that I don't use, I wouldn't have to pay the £95. So how can it be legal to do that?

Forrester UK Holdings LLCHarrassment for non-existent debts

In 2003 my business, a small one which I run with my wife, acquired a card terminal through Lloyds TSB leased by Hypercom. Hypercom's leasing activities were sold to Forrester and after four years (in July 2007) we would no longer be liable to penalty for terminating the lease. A little later the bank started pushing us to cancel the lease in favour of one with another company which was partly owned by them.

The bank has treated us well and went as far as they reasonably and legally could to warn us of Forrester's likely reaction, so what ensued was no surprise. We were bound to give one months notice which we duly did and received details of how and where to return the terminal, which we also did. I also cancelled their direct debit.

Since then we have received around a dozen phone calls, mostly automatic ones, from America. I told them clearly that the contract was terminated in good order and that we did not owe them anything. I have no doubt about this having checked our bank statements and their schedule of payments due up to October 2008.

Two of those calls in particular stick in my mind - an early one when they threatened to send bailiffs in and one where I told them that Obama was going to close them down. The guy thought Obama is the greatest thing since sliced bread. I told him I would not trust him (Obama), and then that I did not trust him either, after all they are both Americans [sorry American friends, but I was really wound up!], have a nice day, etc, etc. If it was not for these phone calls I might have thought they were just incompetent and nothing more than that. However, they are menacing and that is not a sufficient explanation!

My wife took the last call and, rather inadvisably in my opinion, asked for a copy of the contract and gave them our fax number. Now I am braced for streams of junk faxes. The 'contract' they faxed (their fax did not show their fax number) was not the original, did not show the actual dates or any signature. Interestingly it showed that quarterly payments were payable in arrears whereas they were actually due in advance and my payments records confirm that. So I am forced to the conclusion that not only do they make harrassing phone calls but are also, let us say, 'creative' with their documentation.

Today I received a demand for another quarterly rental payment which would, indeed, have been due if the contract was still in force. In the same post was a threat to refer the debt to their legal department. It really is laughable.

The fact is that Forrester UK Holdings LLC do not have a UK office. The terminal was returned to them c/o Hypercom in Salisbury and the address on the letters was 363 Stockley Close, West Drayton, Middlesex, UB7 9BL, United Kingdom, ADDRESS SERVICE REQUESTED. The last two lines give away the fact that the letter was not produced by a British office. Their spacing in the telephone number for replies also showed unfamiliarity with how UK phone numbers work. The address belongs to International Bonded Couriers, not Forrester. I have no reason to suppose IBC itself is not entirely genuine.

This could run and run, so I am going to try to enjoy it! I am assured that if they were foolish enough to pursue their wild allegations to the ultimate end they would have to bring a case before the Small Claims Court and it would simply not be worth their while even if they were right. But they are wrong anyway!

• Su
    Supersonic Tortoise Nov 26, 2008

A wee correction! Forrester have no connection at all with West Yorkshire, apart from having one or more dissatisfied customers or ex-customers there. I simply misunderstood the submission form. Whoops.

• Pe
    Perturbed Dec 04, 2008

It is nice to know that our company is not the only one out there with the same problem. Your story is very familiar, no, in fact the same as my own. I was phoned by their "legal dept" yesterday (3/12/08) saying that my account was overdue (having said that the terminal was returned in August 2008- a couple of weeks before the end of the contract - even though the contract was paid up - terminal returned via courier to the address supplied etc etc...) I have been told on numerous occasions that my payments were made in arrears (not!!!) and I have told them that they do not read my correspondence (sent with copies of original contract/invoices etc) which proves them wrong. Next time they phone - which no doubt they will (and they always make me angry...) I will be asking for proof of this in writing and a statement of account from them dated back to 2004 - which I doubt very much they will be able to provide - indeed, they do not respond to written correspondence with replies in the post, which one would expect!

Having spoken to our new leasing company they are aware of a string of similar complaints from Bristish businesses. One gentleman, I was told, apparently got so fed up with them calling that he sent them an invoice for time wasted for a couple of thousand quid and never heard from them again!!!

I think that Lloyds Bank (who on the whole are decent to deal with from a small business point of view) should take up this cause on behalf of the customers it got involved in this company in the first place (ok fairs fair, originally we dealt with Hypercom who transfered all its business to these people but that's not our fault and as far as I am concerned we were not asked to sign any further paperwork when this happened) and stop all this wasting of our time. Small business holders are finding it difficult enough at present without the added hassle from these people who don't know their proverbial from their proverbial!!!

Maybe your right, enjoy the calls as in English law, they haven't got a leg to stand on and if they want to waste money on transatlantic calls, that's up to them!!!

• Na
    Natural Origins Dec 18, 2008

I cancelled my agreement in November 2007 and all equipment returned to their english office. I also ent a copy of my termination to their head office in America. After a further 9 months of arguing over whether I owed them anything, which I believed I didn't as the monthly payments had been taken and as I had the machine for over 8 years I did not owe them a termination fee, I did agree to make a final payment. This I did in September and the cheque was presented and cashed by Forresters. Since then I have received at least one phone call daily from their American call centre (which I do not answer) stating it is in connection with my hypercom lease, ASt first I did answer and inform them that I no longer have a lease nor any of their equipment nor do I owe them any money and requesting them to up date their records and remove my name and telephone number from their list. That was in October, this week they have filled my answering machine with their stupid calls. I have written again to them having to use recorded delivery as otherwise they say they haven't received anyh mail instructing them that shjould I receive any more calls from them I shall be instructing my solicitor to sue them for harrassment.

I am sick to death of hearing the american drawl telling me about their toll fee number. During one call my husband actually picked the receiver up only to find it was a recording at the other end.

If anyone has any ideas on how to deal with these ###s please let me know.

• Bu
    buttoutnewyork Jan 24, 2009

Same experience in almost every detail as the others. Small business; LloydsTSB Business A/C; Hypercom Terminal; proper cancellation (after nine years) of equipment as instructed. Still receiving demands from Forrester.
    I have referred the matter to the Financial Ombudsman and informed Forrester as such.

• Pe
    PETER C BOWER Feb 03, 2009

BEWARE Having just read some of these letter's regarding Forrester uk holding's i to am a victum of these calls & threats for money, i cancelled my terminal contract on the 22/7/2007 correct forms sent of which i have had for over 4 years and returned the equipment to a uk address at west drayton recorded delivery.I had to do this 2 times over several month's before it was signed for.the last payment to them made on 28/1/2008.Then the calls keep coming from the Idiots in America asking for the where abouts of eqipment & so on, several times over since 2007 and also asking for money i so called owed of which i did not and have proof of all payments made of which i also sent to them more than once.On Saturday 31/1/09 i recieved a final demand from Sloane Portland Associates which is a litigation service acting on forrester's behalf in Cheltenham telling me to pay outstanding amount of £158.64 within the next 7 days otherwise costs will be added to the amount & a county court judgement would be obtained with all relevant spill regarding this.I contacted these people for advise as Forresters have taken the big Brother attitude, i explained my situation and was advised to pay a reduced amount of £120.00 by debit card, with the rest being written off.which i have at this moment in time to stop any of these potential court action's being started as i could not take that risk.I told them that it is my intention to seek legal advice to claim this money back & incuring cost's.Has any body else had this problem from Forrester's and how do we stop it! It seems to easy for the big company's as of recent on Watchdog to take these action's on small business & individual.s.I also intend to contact watchdog with all my details of this forcfull abstraction of money.

• Dr
    Dragon Rider Jun 30, 2009

Thank you all so much for your postings and comments.
    I have just had a round with Forresters, of automated phone messages saying I owed them money and of 1 call from the States and my 2 phone calls to the States.
    What emerged was they were trying to collect another round of payments (although I cancelled my contract, direct debit and returned my terminal in March), on the basis that they collected payment in arrears. Since they collect payment in advance, I suspected that this request was somewhat of a fraudulent nature.

The first call to the States was taken by someone who appeared to be 'customer challenged' and was very rude. The second call was taken by someone quite polite, but whom I caught out on several points, confirming to myself that something was definitely amiss. I have all my paperwork, proof of payments and proof of the return of the terminal, so I was in no mood for someone trying it on.

I feel that Lloyds need to come clean about this and offer support for those caught up in this harassment and threats.

Angela Dangerfield Dec 13, 2009

Wow, In one way it is very comforting to know I'm not on my own. I have just on Oct 11th 2009 cancelled my contract with Forrester holdings. I too was a LLoyds customer and inherited them when hypercom transferred their business to them. However due to postal problems here the first correspondence I received was via a phone call I believe from India from a lady on November 12th demanding money over £120, which was extremely excessive in fact 6 months rental.I had cancelled my d/d and in my closing letter requested a bill for the 11 days in November. In their own contract which I never signed they clearly state if you have been with them less than 4 years this is due, I had been with them 6. Furthermore the machine was returned once they gave me the address via registered delivery with a payment for £10 to cover the days of November that had not been paid for, I also knew the machine itself was discontinued and was of no value to them. We ended our conversation both guilty of being shall we say cross with each other. The out come was that if the machine was returned by the end of November I would only have to £20.03, I agreed to pay £10 I was told this would not be accepted.

Amazingly a letter arrived a few days letter from the same assistant demanding £120. then it was followed by a phone call from a gentleman wanting to resolve the situation. He stated the machine had been received but still wanted me to scan and email him proof of posting and he would then try and bring closure. This I duly did on November 20th. Only yesterday December 12th 09 I received a demand for£110 or they would persue me, charge me interest and take me to court. They had deducted the £10.

Thankfully I have a good paper chain of letters. but now feel that I will send them £10.03 for payment to end of November as that is all they would get even if they did take legal proceedings. Surely they would have to take me to a small claims court. It does howeverscare me.

I do feel too that LLoyds have some responsibility here as I was their customer and my terminal processed transactions that made them money. When i cancelled card net at the same time I had no problems what so ever.

This is disgraceful excessive bully boy tactics.

Anon Amus Jul 17, 2010

I decided it was time to give as good as i was getting:

The company, Forrester UK Holdings LLC and now First Collect International, (on their behalf), have been chasing me for a debt that does not exist for over a year now. The amount is a measly £190, or 'Final Settlement' of 'JUST' £63. They never answer the phone, don't open their post and they certainly don't have any email address's or regular contact names. In plain terms it is a scam, we have been sold out by Hypercom who sold on the leases for the Cardnet terminals recomended by Lloyds TSB. Interestingly, Lloyds no longer recommend this criminal outfit.

Just take a look at the Google search results to know that we are not alone: Google: UK Forrester Holdings for the best results and you'll see what i mean.

Should it go to court i am confident it will be laughed out of the building. They operate a policy of no-contact so you will have to tell them exactly how far you are willing to take it and, by recorded post too, to prove it even got there. I would rather die than pay these criminals.

I have today sent them both this letter as i have now reported them to the FSA, I will also take the matter up with both my MP and the Press should they continue to harass me:

(Contact Names should you need them are: Derek Johnson and Ms. Angel. Frankly i don't know how they get out of bed each morning.)

I am not going to waste my time on either First Collect International or Forrester UK Holdings LLC any longer. You only have to look at the dates of the enclosed letters to deduce that neither ‘Company’ knows what they are doing. At least if you are going to operate a scam together, do it properly. What you are attempting, knowingly outside of UK regulations, won’t work on me.

I have today registered a detailed complaint with the Financial Services Authority and also agreed to talk to the media, (about both companies)). I should warn you both now to choose your fights more carefully. I am good with a pen, I have all the time in the world and my partner is a Solicitor in a very large London firm. In effect I have a free Legal Team, do you? I am also today sending the Financial Services Authority further details of our correspondence along with a colourful selection of other people’s complaints.

I should make you aware that I am now considering a case against you. I have suffered considerable stress because of your continued harassment. Stress that I can prove I have suffered, in court, and with GP letters/documentation. If you think all the costs you have already incurred, the postage costs, the man hours, (not to mention the possible legal fees), are somehow finally going to be worth the measly £62.96 “settlement fee”, (fees you have been trying to extort from me for over a year now), you couldn’t have been more wrong.

I have now moved from my former address and so will now, thankfully, not even receive your ridiculous letters. My temporary telephone number you somehow procured goes dead in three days. As far as I am concerned, that is the end of it. You too would be wise to consider this matter closed. It is now in the hands of the FSA, and should you want it, the press.

Forrester UK Holdings LLClack of contact

im am really annoid that i cant get any answers from any one about a cancellation letter which was sent a few months ago. and today no one is answering the phone, there supposed to be a guy called stanley gebre helping to resolve the matter but do u think he has replied to any emails, no he hasnt. this company is a load of crap with cancellation. there quick enough to contact you when they want there money. my advice to any one find another company.

Anon Amus Jul 17, 2010

The company, Forrester UK Holdings LLC and now First Collect International, (on their behalf), have been chasing me for a debt that does not exist for over a year now. The amount is a measly £190, or 'Final Settlement' of 'JUST' £63. They never answer the phone, don't open their post and they certainly don't have any email address's or regular contact names. In plain terms it is a scam, we have been sold out by Hypercom who sold on the leases for the Cardnet terminals reccomended by Lloyds TSB. Interestingly, Lloyds no longer recommend this criminal outfit.

Just take a look at the google search results to know that we are not alone: Google: UK Forrester Holdings for the best results and you'll see what i mean.

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Forrester UK Holdings LLC — Fraudulent claims for money

Despite returning equipment and paying all fees for equipment rental up to end of the contract, Forrester UK...

Forrester UK Holdings LLCLegal Notice letters

We started to receive debt collection letters from the above. We wrote back to them to tell them they had the wrong address only for legal notices to arrive.
I have since phoned the phone number on the letter, spoke with an American, explained the distress this was causing and to change/update their database.
I only hope the take heed to my pleas.

• Da
    David Birtwhistle May 06, 2008

We are having a long drawn out campaign with this company. They are rude, ignorant and plain stupid when you try and explain that you do not and never have had a contract with them. I'm going to meet them in court as I am sick to the back teeth with their harassment. We keep receiving demand notices for equipment that we no-longer have and that was rented through another company.

Any info you have that can help me with my case will be gratefully received.

martyn boyce Jul 15, 2008

Am having similar problem. Billed for rental on equipment that we no longer have. cannnot speak to anyone except beligerent American. for 18months have asked for their comments in writing. not one letter. am also going to court, and would be interested to know your progress. Cheers Martyn

• Ca
    CAROL GODWIN Nov 03, 2008

FORRESTOR UK HOLDINGS SHOULD NOT BE IN ALLOWED TO BE IN BUSINESS.TNT LEGAL SERVICES AND SLOANE PORTLAND ASSOCIATES WOULD BE WELL ADVISED NOT TO DEAL WITH THE COMPANY WHO CAN NOT UNDERSTAND PLAIN ENGLISH.

i THREATENED TO SUE THEM FOR HARRASMENT AND COPENSATION. THAT GOT THEM OFF MY BACK.

Forrester UK Holdings LLC — Debt collection problems

My wife & I bought a house in December 2006. We have received excessive letters regarding equipment that...

In The News

A consumer site aimed at exposing unethical companies and business practices