Florida Child Support Complaints & Reviews

Florida Child SupportThey will not do anything

Every time you call Florida Child Support Enforcement you either can't get through and are told to try call again later.. Or when you are able to actually speak to someone they all tell you different things. I don't understand it at all. It's like the right hand doesn't know what the left hand is doing. All I want to know is why I have not been receiving my child support payments like I should be.. And nobody can give you a straight answer on what they plan to do about it. They all need to be retrained because I'm sick of getting the run around for nearly 14 years.

• Ru
    Ruth and Kevin Mar 27, 2015

Perhaps if you cannot afford to take care of the child yourself you should not be spreading your legs. They their right hand does not know what their left hand is doing, but you need to keep your right and left leg together so you cannot have a child you cannot afford.

Florida Child SupportThey got paid but I have not over 2 months now

My kids paid 4 pymts & they have not even sent me the 1st payment. Before we went to court he paid like clockwork & he still pays like clockwork. However the state has not sent me a single dime in over 2 months... Are they going to pay ALL my late fees for me not getting support on time? When you owe them money they will freeze your accounts in heartbeat. But god forbid we get money owed to us. They have been earning interest on it for this long then should reimburse us that interest amount too... I cannot afford food because I make to much with child support to get food stamps but I have to actually get the payment if they are going to hold it against me...

• Fl
    Flwrgrl Jul 21, 2012

Sorry My kids Father... Always paid on time. 1st sentence I was so pissed when I wrote it that I didnt pay attention to what all I had down

Florida Child Support — FLORIDA SUCKS!

The state of Florida is a huge joke!! I a native born Floridian who has moved to Kentucky had found out last...

Florida Child SupportPaternity Test

The State of Florida has my husband on child support for a child that has not been determined is his. He has not had a DNA test. The state has been locking him up on and off and will even take my money when I file my taxes if I don't file injured spouse. I can't believe they took the word of this women. The boy is fifteen years old. When he goes to hearings for this, the lady that is conducting the hearings refuses to let him say anything. He tells her that he has not had a paternity test but she doesn't listen. I don't understand why I can go in the court room with him when the fact is, if he does not pay, they try to take my money.

Florida Child SupportChild Support Enforcement

I have four children the first childs father didn't pay child support till she was 13 she's 18 now and he has only ever paid 80.00 a month I have requested several times for them to please appeal for more and the worker tells me they can't find him... Um then how is he paying every month? My 12 year olds father gets weekend custody but, didn't start paying till she was 11 and he pays 160 a month and no back child support was ordered. I now have twins with the father who abandoned us... to move back with his mother in Massachusetts. I talked him into coming back and trying to work it out... meanwhile I brought him in for DNA testing knowing he might try and leave again, needless to say he did, but, they refused to do it and said we had to do it in Mass. Now he's hiding at his mom's house they say they have sent the DNA test there but there's nothing else they can do!!! I don't believe it I wrote a letter to Mass child support department and they started to work with me ...They actually answer their phones, But when I talked to my Florida Rep. he practically threatened me telling me I was not to call them that I had to go through him!!! Well, this is rediculous I am very ill with Chrons right now and haven't been able to hold a job due to the illness and it is impossible to live on 240.00 a month we recieve food stamps but nothing else...I have begged a pleaded for help they don't give a crap about these children and I am living in poverty... This is rediculous I am trying to raise 4 girls with little to no help I am educated and have been the soul provider for my children. Please any suggestions I cannot raise twins with no father and no support, I have to find some help. Any solutions please email me [protected]@yahoo.com

• Ck
    CK Barnard Aug 28, 2010

My ex has paid some of the time but never the full amount that was court ordered. In 2006 he moved to New York and stopped paying altogether. It took almost 2 years for the State of Florida to adopt my order from another state and then get New York to honor it. He was court ordered to pay $1125 per month and then 1 month after they garnished his checks he got the state of New York to reduce his payments to $200 per month because the State of Florida had emancipated my son on his 18th birthday which was 6 months prior to his graduation. My ex failed to respond or appear to three court hearings and now has moved back to Florida and when he missed making 2 months worth of payments the state of New York started garnishing him for over $1500 a month and so he filed for a modification and we are waiting on a hearing. The State of Florida contacted New York and severed their relationship because he was in Florida but New York failed to notifiy his employer to stop garnishement. Two days after the first check was late I went into the local office and they were supposed to call his employer but waited for 7 days before they did. When they heard back from the employer that the money had been sent to the State of New York they waited some more and told me that the State of New York would send the money back to his employer and the employer now knew to send it directly to Florida. Wrong! The State of New York refunded the money directly back to my ex. I could write a book on how much the State of Florida has screwed up every step of this process. My children are grown and I am just looking to get paid back aprox $60, 000 that is owed to me but I cannot imagine dealing with the State of Florida if my children's lives depended on it. Knowing what I know now about everything they do - or don't do I would never let them represent my children. The system in Florida is seriously flawed. The people working the system don't care that your children are starving. My only suggestion would be to not continue to put yourself and your children through hell and move to Utah and go on welfare.

In The News

A consumer site aimed at exposing unethical companies and business practices