First Convience Bank Complaints & Reviews

First Convience Bankunauthoirized charge

I am living on disability at my parents house i had $409 in my account I went in to cash a check and they informed me a $685.00 charge had been made I told them it wasnt me and they said we have to wait till the charge clears before u can make a claim its been about one week and the charge is still pending and after that
it may be up too 10 buisness days till i can get my money back and they are going too take part of my next disability check too cover the negative I did nothing wrong and they will not help me im living with very limited means I need that money I cant wait 3 weeks I cant.banking at first convience was such a big mistake
do not bank with them thanx

First Convience BankAwful bank

First the bank closed the branch that was convient. Now they are not convient! I have inquired several times about new locations in my area and there are no plans to become convient for me. Today I needed to check some online payments. If you have more than one account with a vendor their is no reference to the account the payment was credited . I called the bank and was transfered to online banking where I was told that since my husband opened the online pay he was the only one that could get infomation. The kicker is that both our names are on the checking account!! I asked how I could get my name on the online account and was told I would have to apply for my own online account, which of course he would not be able to access. OK enough said for CONVIENCE!! We are going to close this account. This bank just wears you out. Banking should not be soooo dificult.

• Cb
    cb1966 Jan 14, 2011

Looking at previous reviews, there isn’t much more that can be said about this bank, but here you go.

My daughter inadvertently over drafted. Within 2 days, the OD charges had run up to $300+. We went down and took care of the charges, as well as closing the account. They tried to get her to leave the account open with a dollar in it. (I'm sure this was so they could find other charges to collect)

We refused and closed the account. 5 days later, a netflix $9.00 charge came in, which sent the already closed account into OD again? At this point, they started adding up daily charges for OD. They kept doing this for 2 months, without any contact. At this point, they sent to collections and are calling her 5+ times a day.

She is a struggling single mother, trying to make ends meet. I could help out and pay these fees again, but whats to say that this wont happen again as the account was already closed.

I put some of the blame for how this bank is preying on people who are having difficulties, on Walmart, as Walmart must know of their business practices, and lets them prey on their customers.

Start taking your complaints to the grocery stores who are hosting these banks.

disgusted..

• Al
    Allan22 Jan 14, 2011

Amen!

• Ly
    Lynda Wiggins Jan 29, 2011

My husband's checking acct had $306.75 balance. He wrote me a check for $300.00. He was thinking he wrote it for $200.00 & used his ATM card for purchases $ 26.98 $16.29 $3.16. An unauthorized charge of $36.00 was on there and the bank is investigating. The bank cleared the $300.00 check but charged him $34.97 NSF because the ATM charges were pending, but they did not occur until the day AFTER the $300.00 ck cleared. Then they charged him for those transactions plus the $36.00. $34.97 each. His online statement shows his balance as $6.75 after the $300.00 ck cleared. When he asked why he was charged for it, he was told he was already overdrawn because of the pending transactions that the bank was holding the funds for. How can they charge a fee for something that after they cleared it showed a bal. in the black?

• Je
    jessmlopez May 19, 2011

DO NOT USE THIS BANK

I just opened the account and charges 15.00 for gas at Exxon. The receipt that printed charged me 15.00 but Exxon ran 91.00 through my bank. Exxon reversed the 75.00 charge the same day however the bank said that I was now in overdraft. I should have had 20.00 left in my bank instead I am now at a negative of 412.00 in insufficent fees they charges 34.97 for a 1.07 at redbox even though the 75.00 was reversed the same day and never posted to my account. I keep arguing with them telling them this was an unauthorized charge. They are refusing to reverse the charges I get automatic deposit and my check will automatically go in and still not cover all the charges. I just moved out of my mothers and got the bank account to get an apartment now. I work 60 hours a week and a full time college student. How can a bank be allowed to do this. I have talked to friends in the neighborhood and they have the same story with this bank. I wish I would have asked before I joined this bank.

• Dk
    Dknox Jan 20, 2012

This bank has the worst fee's and customer service i have ever experienced. Had a fraudulent charge that occurred and so had an investigation done. Well needless to say i had been charged fraudulently but instead of getting my money back. i was once again charged for a Stop payment Fee. Which i never said to do and seems like why did i even bother doing that if i ended up the same way? I hate this Bank and everyone that works there.

First Convience BankScam and cheating!

I'm filing this report on behalf of the negativity, and bogus unprofessionalism of First National Bank Of Texas, Aka 1st Convenience. My experience with the Banking Institute started at the very begining of a New Account, I was told upon the deposit of a 700.00 dollar check it would post to the account by the 10th businessday which turned into over a Month long adventure and caused my Rent check to bounce all over Dallas, I went to the location I opened the account and was told that oh no we said that it would be ten business days before the money would be available.

I asked the Branch Manager to write a Statement to my Apartment Manager she wrote the letter to benefit and cover her backside. Not only did I receive NSF charges for that the money still took weeks to post. This occurred is Oct.

Nov. 1 I made a counter deposit, then five days later my pay check was directly deposited. by the 11 my account had three deposits the last deposit I went to the bank to make a with drawl and discovered I had no money in the bank and was told my account was in a negative status when the money posted. I was to out done and very disgusted I asked the branch Manager to go over my account and find where this money just disappeared to. she only showed me the overdraft charges on the account 33.00 ten times and 2.00 charges each day I told them they were Operating Like a Loan Shark not a Bank I still have not gotten this resolved and I want my Money bank they consumed my entire pay check on Nov. 1

I have e-mailed the Killeen T x office then they have a Post office Box, what kind of Bank is this...

• Ev
    Evette Jan 16, 2008

They refuse to investigate an unauthorized check presented against my account. I filed out all the forms and had them notarized twice, but to no avail. I have since changed banks and have started sending complaints out.

Beware of this bank!

• Sh
    Shirley Ares Aug 20, 2008

Sounds like Wachovia.

I am going back to the dead presidents...You cant go wrong when you are working with cash. It may be a pain at first but at least the Banks can't get there hands on your money.

• Je
    jessmlopez May 19, 2011

We are having a similar problem with this bank I think we should report them to the news I have contacted chanel 2 news already and I will continue til they reverse the charges. You said it right when you called them a loan shark. They have screwed alot of people out of money in this neighborhood mainly young adults just starting out. They coax them in at krogers saying you only have to have a dollar to open an account and before you know it these kids are being taken for all there money.

In The News

A consumer site aimed at exposing unethical companies and business practices