Filter Forge Complaints & Reviews

Filter ForgeBusiness nightmare

When I first encountered Filter Forge, I was in awe! A truly new marvel to play with, and to use it on graphic projects for my clients.

I spent several months after buying it, playing away and trying to make my own filters to share on the massive free online library. When I started sharing my first filters, I decided to join in the forums as well. And that is when all the enchantment I had with Filter Forge DIED!

Pages upon pages of paying customers being bashed, publicly defamed, and authors inciting others to do the same, for using the software! An unbelievable ill-mannered and appalling list of accusations to the unsuspecting customers that coughed up almost $300 for the use of the software!

According to the majority of the free filter authors, I would be considered, and I quote "a parasite", if I used their filters for commercial profit. I find this to be quite offensive, specially since authors gave users permission to unrestricted commercial use, as I did with mine. And what I also found most unreal, is that one of the administrators and spokesman for Filter Forge, Vladimir Golovin, not only allows this public persecution, but enjoys the term "parasite"!

Freedom of speech is one thing, but they even go to the point of posting users business websites and accusing them of all sorts of things. The amount of slander, libel, defamation and interference with business relations that goes on in there is unbelievable! Perhaps what these "good" people are not aware of is that their behavior is totally illegal both civilly and criminally. Not to mention highly unethical! They could very well be sued and the damages would be considerable. Also Filter Forge would most likely be tied in the lawsuit as an offending party, by allowing this blatant defamation and illegal behavior.

If this is the kind of behavior one must expect from buying and using the software as per agreed EULA, I am seriously considering asking for a refund on my purchase. Not to mention add a big sign on this software stating "Approach with Caution."

The fact that this company allows their consumers to be treated in such a manner, is at least unethical! This could very well turn into a business nightmare for unsuspecting designers!

Filter ForgeUnethical consumer treatment

Pages upon pages of paying customers being bashed, publicly defamed, and authors inciting others to do the same, for using the plugin! An unbelievable ill-mannered and appalling list of accusations to the unsuspecting customers that coughed up almost $300 for the use of the plugin!

According to the majority of the free filter authors, I would be considered, and I quote "a parasite", if I used their filters for commercial profit. I find this to be quite offensive, specially since authors gave users permission to unrestricted commercial use, as I did with mine. And what I also found most unreal, is that one of the administrators and apparent spokesman for Filter Forge, Vladimir Golovin, not only allows this public persecution, but enjoys the term "parasite"!

Freedom of speech is one thing, but they even go to the point of posting users business websites and accusing them of factually untrue usage of the plugin. The amount of slander, libel, defamation and interference with business relations that goes on in there is unbelievable! Perhaps what these "good" people arent aware of is that their behavior is totally illegal both civilly and criminally. Not to mention highly unethical! They could very well be sued and the damages would be considerable.

If this is the kind of behavior one must expect from buying and using the plugin as per agreed EULA, I am seriously considering asking for a refund on my purchase. Not to mention add a big sign on this plugin stating "Approach with Caution."

In The News

A consumer site aimed at exposing unethical companies and business practices