Entertainment Work Complaints & Reviews

Entertainment Workcan't cancel membership

I was charged 19.00 then 79.00 now 9.95 monthly. Heard nothing from them except monthly charge of $19.95 now I cant reach anybody who will help me cancel I keep getting the run around on the phone and each call is long distance from California to Florida . Please Help!

• Vi
    Victor Conedy Mar 12, 2010

Entertainment Work does not cancel memberships. No matter what. There is an ongoing investigation into the company by the FTC. If you want add your input into the class action lawsuit contact Dan Hanks at 202-326-2472.

At this point the company phone numbers are disconnected and I cannot get on their website. WHY DOESN'T HOLLYWOOD DO SOMETHING ABOUT THIS????

Victor Conedy
    [email protected]

Entertainment WorkFraud

I called Entertainmentwork.com on the 24th of January 2010; after reading an ad in the Atlanta Journal-Constition (Sunday 24, 2010) edition. I spoke to a Miss Tenil who was taking applicants information to become MOVIE EXTRAS in movies being produced in the Atlanta area.

She asked for $19.95 to produce a portfolio for me. She asked for a credit card number to bill this fee to. She said that I had two weeks to view the web site for jobs on their list. If I choose to continue to have access to the web site list I would have to then pay $78.00 for a year access to web site listings. When I tried to access the web the site the next day, it did not go to web site. I tried all day thinking I had made typing errors or because of bad weather we were having here in Georgia, that the internet was not connecting properly. On the 9th of February when the two weeks was up, I thought I would really like this type of part time work so maybe I will extend my access for a year. I had also received a welcome letter from entertainmentwork.com and received my user name and password this was 4 days after I had given them the $19.95 for access.

I have been on their site twice and now it has no connection at all. I have been scamed as so many others on the complaints board.com reveals. What can I do to if possible get my money back?

• Ka
    Kaylina Rumsey Jun 17, 2009

I recently found this website (entertainmentwork.com) and signed up for their fee of 18.95 for a trial period. I found out soon later that this was a scam. They charged me my money and then shut down there websites and changed there phone number. I am concerned and wonder what needs to be done.
    Kaylina Rumsey

• Le
    LEAKLINK Apr 26, 2010

Have you hired an attorney or received any refund? If not, you may want to write to [email protected] ASAP.

In The News

A consumer site aimed at exposing unethical companies and business practices