CSW Complaints & Reviews

CSWCSW scam!

I signed up for a free ringtone on an aviation site. It turns out that this is a scam from CSW. No ringtone was sent and I was billed $5.99 for two weeks for "Jokes and Horoscopes". This was totally unsolicited and is a total scam. Who would want free lame jokes and horoscopes for $6.00 a week? Alltel states that they can do nothing as this is a third party and that I will have to deal with them. I have managed to stop the "service" but can get no verification from CSW. Their service elevator music hangs up in 3 minutes. I feel that Alltel should send up a red flag when CSW charges are sent to them. This is a total scam and should be outlawed.

• A2
    A2mo Oct 31, 2008

Call the company and have them stop and block the number. Call 1-877-225-1198. Hope that this works.

CSW — Unknown subscription charges

I have only had my cell phone for 1 month now, and already problems with a charge of $19.95. On my cell...

CSWRingtone scam

They tell you you get a free ringtone. Then they charge you $5.99 a week for a subscription you did not ask for. They continue to charge you until you call to cancel the subscription you did not want in the first place. The phone carrier see this as an authorized Third Party charge and bills it to your phone bill.

Description Alerts-71769 CSW Alert

• Ri
    Rita Cothran Jan 18, 2008

I had same problem. Then Sprint advises they can't help. I've been paying my regular Sprint charges and leaving off the CSW charges. Now Sprint threatens to disconnect service b/c of the csw crap. Didn't ask for it, didn't know what the heck is was, finally, on my own, got online and found out how to get rid of it...Spring now help at all. Changing carriers when contract is up

Marcus Feb 04, 2008

How did you get the text mssages to stop?..

• Ki
    Kim Fairbanks Feb 21, 2008

Right. It is a third party billing. I used to work at T-Mobile, so I know how these scams work. It's not a scam by your carrier though. You are getting billed by a third party. The ONLY ringtones that are free are the ones that come on your phone when you get it. Seriously! Never even visit any site that claim they will give you a "free" rigntone... if they ask for your mobile number - that's all they need to start billing away. What you have to do to stop the billing is call the third party billing (your carrier has all the phone numbers and can tell you what 3rd party is billing you). Your carrier will give a few courtesy credits, but cancelling the subscribtion is up to the individual. All of these "free" ringtones are a SCAM! Nothin is free..not the jokes, not the ringtones, not the horoscopes. READ the fine print!!!

• Aa
    Aaron Zepeda Feb 21, 2008

csw alert-71769 csw alert-01/03 charge 5.99
    csw alert-71769 csw alert-01/10 charge 5.99
    csw alert-71769 csw alert-01/17 charge 5.99
    csw alert-71769 csw alert-01/24 charge 5.99

I would like to have this removed from my phone and i don't want to be charged for this since i didn't subscribe.

• Mo
    mom May 10, 2008

How do you get it off the bill!! Multiple charges un asked for! Sprint is no help. are other wireless companies having the same problem.
    Help

• Ds
    D Sierra Aug 12, 2008

I complained to the BBB last week, I got multiple charges, the same situation with Sprint, they don't know who this people are. There for I included there name in my complain. If everybody makes a complain I believe we can go somewhere.

• Li
    Linda Morris Sep 25, 2008

I work for a construction company, and these charges just started up without subscribing to them. The charges were actually connected with a "data card" number for a computer. I feel that they somehow hacked into that...
    I e-mailed: [email protected] to ask that the subscription be stopped. They DID respond and said that they would cancel. I had CSW and funmobile charges on our bill for. I believe that they are responsible for both. We changed the number also, since it was just a data card number.
    We will be watching our bill in the future VERY CLOSELY.

• Wh
    whitewolf001 Feb 09, 2009

The Complaint is very correct.. I recently received a $9.99 Charge to My cell phone bill. I Contacted Sprint via email. Explaining that I never authorized this charge and that I would like for them to block this from happening again. They also credited me for the charge without me asking. Very fast and very simple. I also called the 877 number for CSW and made sure it was canceled and that I would not be charged again. They confirmed it. This all took about 10 minutes. I usually call sprint with any complaints I have but found it easier to e-mail them. They seem to respond quicker and you don't have to wait on the phone for hours at a time.

CSWMajor scam

This is a true and major scam. On my last cell phone bill I was charged 5.99 four times for jokes and horoscopes from this "company". I called my cell phone company - they said the charge was from a third party - CSW. They did give me a telephone number to call CSW. I called... got two options: press one to cancel your subscription and two to speak to a representative. Waited to speak to a rep for a ridiculously long time, never got one. Voice mail told me I could leave my name and number and they would call me back. They never called. I called back, selected the option to cancel the subscription I never signed up for. I wasn't going to give up. Called back today, finally got a representative who was polite but very hard to understand. He cancelled my "subscription" and took my address, to which he says they will mail me a refund check for 23.96 in two to four weeks. I took his name... we'll see. He was so hard to understand, I didn't even attempt to find out how this happened without my consent. I can't imagine if this happened to my 81 year old mother... she would probably do just what they want us to do...give up and pay the charges. DON'T GIVE UP... THE NUMBER TO CALL IS [protected]. KEEP CALLING! THIS IS A MAJOR SCAM!!! DON'T LET THEM GET AWAY WITH THIS!

• Bm
    bmartin2009 May 29, 2009

THERE IS LAWSUITS AGAINST COMPANIES LIKE THIS SUCH AS BUT NOT LIMITED TO;

M-QUBE!

IF YOU HAVE OR STILL HAVING THESE CHARGES CONTACT ME, I WORK WITH ATTORNEYS THAT SUE THESE SORT OF COMPANIES AND I JUST HAD TO HAVE ATT TAKE A YEARS WORTH OF CHARGES OFF MY BILL AND THIS MONTH I GOT A CHARGE FROM CSW RINGTONES! ATT CONTRACTS THESE COMPANIES OUT THEREFORE THEY ARE RESPONSIBLE ALSO FOR THE CHARGES...DEMAND THEY CREDIT YOUR ACCOUNT!