Connection 2000 Inc. Complaints & Reviews

Connection 2000 Inc.Magazine subscription

A young man in his 20's came to my door selling magazines. He said he got into some trouble with the law, and is now trying to get his life together, and take care of his 4 year old daughter, and girlfriend. He said he wanted to finish his education to provide better life for his family. I first said no, but he was persistent, and very friendly. He said the magazine will be shipped in 3 months. I paid $35.00 for magazine and shipping fee. This was in October 2008, and have not seen any magazines.
I have contacted the company numerous times but I cannot get a response. I have left messages, but no return calls. This company is obviously a scam. Beware!!

1 Response
    • Tb
      tbird Apr 15, 2009

I couldn't agree more!---Same exact story was told to me and I fell for the whole thing...I was approached in October. I did get a hold of someone and they said they would be sending me a refund whithin 10 days of receiveing my letter stating I wanted a refund. That was 2 weeks ago. I am not done with this, I will continue to fight this.

Connection 2000 Inc.it's a scam

I use checks only to pay our utility bills, nothing else. One day, however, I made a mistake. A big one. A very personable young woman came to our door. She was selling magazines, and had quite the spiel (she was working to go to school, learning to be responsible, yada yada yada). I agreed to purchase the least expensive subscription, and wrote a check for the amount (I declined to pay the $15 "handling" fee mentioned on the order form, which should have set off alarms in my brain). After she left I began to feel uncomfortable, and I looked Connection 2000 Inc. up on the Internet. All I found were complaints from people who had paid a lot more money than I had (and had forked over the mysterious handling fee) yet had never received any magazines. When I could find no other info about the company -- only complaints -- I decided to stop payment on the check. Two weeks later, someone used a fake check with my name and account number to purchased $207.55 worth of goods in a WalMart in another state. Luckily, I discovered this the day after the check was passed, and immediately had the account shut down. Today I received a notice saying that the thieves had attempted to pass two more checks but were refused.

What breaks my heart is that if you are reading this you probably know all about the trouble Connection 2000 Inc. will bring to your door. But you can tell your friends: If a salesperson from this company shows up at your door, send her on her way and then call the police and tell them where she is.

Respond

Connection 2000 Inc.Magazine Sales door to door

I was approached at my front door by a charming young lady with a tale of how she was earning "points" by selling magazines. She was a single mother, was once on drugs, etc. etc., but now she was turning her life around by earning these "points". A very slick, convincing presentation. Hard not to feel sympathy for her, so I "purchased" three magazine subscriptions, totaling $113.00, including a "handling" fee. She said I would receive a confirmation phone call within a week and that I should give them the code number on the receipt she left me. That was 2 and a half weeks ago, still no phone call. My check was cashed almost immediately, which makes me very suspicious that I have been ripped off. I have seen some other complaints about this company and that also is making me suspicious. I wish I had seen them before I gave them my money. I would really like to cancel the whole deal and get my money back, because I am now certain her story was part of a scam, but I'm not confident I will ever see my money, or any of the magazines I ordered. Connection 2000: avoid at all costs. Don't be a fool like I was.

6 Responses
        • Ka
          kaproc Apr 04, 2012

It happened to me too. Lesson learned - check out the company before giving them money.

• Sh
          Shaykers Jul 14, 2009

I don't know about the Mag Company you are refrencing, I do have experience with Magazine Sales. PCCS a company that works the West Coast, based out of Gig Harbor WA is a legitimate company, I sold mags for them for a short time and now live in that same area, No one I sold mags to, has told me they never got them, and I do currently know a few of these people I sold to.. As for USA - Universal Subscription Agency is however a scam crew. I was taught many, many tricks that aren't honest in the least. If anyone would like more information on how to avoid scammers please e-mail [email protected] with The date in the subject line.

• Ka
          Kathy Sullivan Jun 16, 2009

SCAM BIG TIME... sure hurts the rest of the public that honestly goes door to door selling magazines and candy for fundraisers and such. San Diego, CA

• Cr
          crystal Apr 22, 2009

I had the exact same thing happen to me and the same story was given. I still have no magazine and the check has been cashed.

• Se
          Sean Feb 18, 2009

I also paid (162.00) for some magazines for my kids. Same story. I was trying to help someone down on their luck. I have called and spoken to "Karla" at Connection 2000 at least 10 times. She has promised me a refund at least 4 or 5 times even going as far as to say that checks would be going out next week and then calling me back to reconfirm my address.?????? I sent a note to the NJ Attorney Generals office asking if they had heard of this group or had any info. I actually got more responsiveness from COnnection 2000 than I did from The Attorny Generals office.

I am sure that I will never get a refund but they should be put out of business.!!!

• Le
          Lee Nov 24, 2008

Actually, I Googled the address for this 'company' and it's somebody's house. This has got to be a crime.