Collectcorp Complaints & Reviews

CollectcorpHarassement, violation of my private life, phone calls abuses

I have multiple and abusive calls (messages where my name is repeated, or with sentence repeated in a total lack of respect). I can have as four ou five message from Collectcorp in one day, some of the are repetitive, the message is telling a mutliple number of time. I'm sorry if my english is poor, i speak french and i did my best to be understandable. The company is Collectcorp. That's from Bell Canada claiming that i owe them about 200.00$ while i paid a total of near a 1500 for there portable phone "solo mobile". Bell keep ask me bigger and bigger amount of money for that phone. So i stopped my contracct with them, paying them the 200.00$ fee for closing a contract. I'm tired about this kind of abusive calls.

Please, contact me if it's possible, i need assitance to help get rid of these bad situations.

Thanks in advance.

André Hallé (andrei.[protected]@bell.net)

My phone number is [protected]

CollectcorpHarassment

I have been paying my student loan through collectcorp biweekly for the past year. I receive a phone call last week stating that it's taking me too long to pay this debt and they are going to pursue legal action. Currently I owe them $2600. I have received an almost daily phone call, to my home in the evening, with threats to pay immediately. Yelling at me saying that I am a loser that does not know what to do with my money, I am running away from my bills, I should get a life and take my responsibilities. Having three children, a home and car to pay for, and just the cost of living, I hoped $200 per month would be sufficient. Apparently it was not, I asked a family member to lend me the money and thankfully they were able to do so. I feel bad for the people that are harassed by these belittling, nasty professional moral bashers, that don't have any family to help them. I paid the debt by certified cheque withing 48 working hours of the first call. At the time of my payment the teller's printer was not working. She gave me a copy of their bank statement (I agree this is totally against privacy act laws) but I told her I was not leaving the bank without proof of payment and that is what she provided me with. I faxed this to them along with the letter that if I paid by January 22nd, no further action could be taken on there part, as well as a copy of the certified cheque because the bank provided me with such a poor receipt. I received a call tonight, a kind message that a few other things were needed to close this acount OF COURSE!!!
When I called them back, the same person named Daniel, said he needed a receipt that indicates date and time, as well as the bank teller's operator i.d. number and that I needed to fax this info to him tomorrow and the deal is off. How can I follow all the guidelines and then continue to receive these harassing telephone calls, leaving me in tears on a nightly basis.

In The News

A consumer site aimed at exposing unethical companies and business practices