CCS Complaints & Reviews

CCS Harassment

In November I received a call from CCS Collections saying that I owed Wells Fargo $60. I told them that I paid the debt off thru ICS and that I would contact Wells Fargo to confirm it. When I talked to a woman in Wells Fargo Overdrawn department she told me that it still showed that I owed $60. I told her that I received a letter back in July 2013 from ICS that the debt was paid in full. The next day I went to the local Wells Fargo Bank and talked to one of the bankers about it. She contacted ICS and it was confirmed that the debt was paid in full. I contacted CCS Collections to get their address to send them a copy of the letter from ICS. I sent the letter out to them on 12/19/2013. On 1/17/2014 I received copies of documents CCS Collections received from Wells Fargo...stating that I requested them; which I didn't. Then I received a call from them at 1:54pm cst and didn't leave a message. At 7:45pm that evening I received another call from CCS and this time I answered. The man asked for me and then wanted me to verify the last four digits of my ssn and I refused to. I told him that I sent them a copy of the letter I received from ICS verifying that the debt was paid in full. He confirmed that they received it on 1/14/2014. I told him that if they call again that I will file a complaint against them and then I hung up.

I sent an email to Wells Fargo Collections informing them of the situation and if they don't have CCS stop calling that I will be filing a complaint for harassment not only against CCS but against them as well.

CCS Rude/harassing/threatening phonecalls

CCS: A female called me asking me to pay an amount for a bill and I explained that I want to know what the bill is for and why it wasn't covered by insurance. I requested paperwork and she continued to tell me it had already been sent to my address. I repeatedly told her I was not going to pay the bill until I see it in writing, she told me that I could look at it online and gave me a bogus email and then she yelled at me asking if I was refusing to pay it!! She must have lost her mind. First of all the bill was not even in my name and she wanted me to pay it. Secondly, she yells at me and expects cooperation on my part? Yeah... Okay let me just give them every credit card and banking account I have so they can help themselves to all of my money!!! Needless to say I will be contacting the FTC about this...

• Et
    ethos Aug 08, 2012

You can do a couple of things. If they were calling for x and you are y but they won't believe it tell them your phone is out of bounds for them else you are going to blow an air horn on their ear. and really carry out the threat.
    And hell yeah i am refusing to pay the bill, [email protected]! then then blow the airhorn.
    Google cease and desist letters and tell her according to the federal fair debt collection practices act you are requesting proof of the debt and you are recording the conversation and the date. they have 30 days otherwise they should stop contacting you.
    You can also write a certified mail return receipt requested and ask for the proof in writing.

CCS They don't know what they are doing

My husband an I hired CCS, Excavating, [owner, Jim Honnold], to do a simple add on. He lied to us telling us that between he an his guy's, that they had like 50 years experience between them, LIE. Not one thing they did was right. From installing the window's an door's wrong to cutting the roof TOO SHORT, pulling all the gravel from the driveway into the yard, not sealing our bat an board siding with waterseal, to forgetting to seal the room when standing up the walls! The ONLY thing I can say good about this outfit is that the contract was done right. There were No hidden charges. We contacted Jim to see if he was man enough to come back an fix the problems, just enough to pacify us. Now we're stuck having to pay AGAIN to fix all the problems they caused, tried a lawyer, said there wasn't enough money involved to make it worth his while. So please be warned, if you live in East Tennessee, DO NOT hire CCS, Excavating, Jim Honnold, Morristown. Tennessee. I have pictures of everything, before, during an after, an still taking pictures of things going wrong, so if anyone wants to see them, get in touch an I'll show you.

CCS unknown insurance claim

They keep call me for a "so-called" pass debit on my bike insurance. I cancelled with my provider and paid a settlement amount to the insurance company. Two months later i get none stop calls from CCS (recording) that I owe additional amounts. While I have ask for back up documentation to support this claim...no show! Yet the calls keep coming. At this point, I want to pay them just get them off my back. Although, I know this doesn't help those of you that don't and it will probably keep them in business. But what am I to do?
Frustrated

CCS bad behaviors

They always called my phone and asked me to pay money without any written document. Can you imagine just receiving calls and being asked to pay one or two thousand dollars? I explained again and again I didn't have the debt, I even did not know how the so-called debt came out. I asked them to check and send me the files or proves, but no answer and then calling me again, bothered me at weekends. Hate it! What are they doing on earth? What do they want to do on earth? I am so confused! Completely like liars?

• Do
    Doug Oxford Oct 30, 2008

All links to CCS rate it as a scam. They continue to call but will not explain what the problem is. They use my wifes name and say they will not talk to me. I handle all calls. If they do not talk to me, they will not get anywhere.
    As far as I am concerned they are 100 % SCAMMING the public as all web links state they are.

• Do
    do not owe you sorry :) Jan 26, 2010

I got a call from 877 6206000 and they were extremely rude. I got a call a few days earlier from smith dean and asssociates trying to collect a debt. I believe this company that called me tonight might be a part of Smith Dean and Associates who has lost their business liscence in may states for Mis representing themselves, harassment, threats and other things I have found online through Various web searches. Last year they tried messing with me and I reported them to the FTC . If they get reported on enough they will be investigated, if you ever have a problem with companies who harass you and threaten you to try to collect a debt you may report it as they are violating the fair debt collections law.

• Fr
    Frustrated57 Jan 18, 2014

CCS Adding funds without notice

I was involved in an accident on April 4th 2008. It was my fault, but the other party's insurance, AllState, went straight to the collection agency, CCS, in order to get the money($2300) from me. I got the paperwork with this amount noterized right away. I contacted my lawyer and this is extremely rare for this insurance company to do this immediately. I was making my payments monthly and when I got my notice in November 2008 for my monthly payment, there was $6000 dollars added on to the amount i owed. I called CCS and asked them to send me a copy of all the information they had for my file. I recieved 1 paper of numbers that made no sense to me. They refused to explain this to me. Then they sent another paper that I had to sign, agreeing that I would pay this extra $6000. I refused to sign the paper and they still are harrassing me in order to get the money now. I am still making my monthly payments and it is July 2009. I am only going to pay the first amount, $2300, and nothing more. When I send in my last payment there will be a letter from my lawyer with it. They have been calling me non-stop; this is harrassment and I will not take it. I am 24 years old and fresh out of college and I will not tolerate this company trying to take advantage of me.

CCS Unable to Deal with CCS

CCS calls me on a daily basis asking for payment of my dispute with RCN. I have never received an invoice they allege was sent and refuse to send me a copy. CCS's representatives are rude, ignorant, uncooperative, will not listen and harass. They are unwilling to talk to me. All they want to know is what credit card I'll pay. I have spoken with the Massachusetts Office of the Attorney General.

• Ro
    Roger Williams Oct 28, 2008

Received two phone call from this company saying we had an outstanding debt. We have no outstanding debts. We did not pursue this further, just reported to our local police dept. Received another call today. Advised them to take our number off their list.

• Ca
    Cajhawk Nov 13, 2008

Called them back and they sent me a text to try to get me to use a phone service. No live operator, just voicemail. Found this as a scam on other websites as well!

• Tp
    tpdavis Jun 23, 2009

CCS continues to call my cell phone up to 7x per day. When I asked them for an address so that I could mail a "stop calling" letter they refused to give it to me stating that they do not have one.

• Ll
    LLY Oct 28, 2009

I met the same thing as you. I think they are just liars! What can we do to stop their bad haviors do you think? I am really disgusted by their calls, calls calls! Hate t!

• Cc
    CCSUSA4Revenge Jan 29, 2011

I can clearly state that their behavior violates the FDCPA and all state and local govt's they will soon be in harsh litigation across the US for their fraud.

• Di
    dislike CCS Sep 09, 2014

Write to the president and owner of this company. His name is Steven Sands - even better, you can call him at 617-965-2000 and ask for him by name. His address is The CCS Companies Two Wells Ave, Newton, MA

CCS charged me for a service I did not sign up for

These rip-off artists are charging for services they don't provide 09/07/2008 09/08/2008 Sale CIC*Triple Advantage(Services and Merchandise) Transaction Number 24351788252226436646542 charge was $14.95

• In
    infof98 Sep 18, 2008

Hi Kris,

Sorry to hear about your unauthorized charge, but your URL is incorrect. freescreditsreport.net is a free information site, and we are in no way affiliated with CIC Triple Advantage. Please check your information and update to the correct URL (which I believe to be a service of www.freecreditreport.com)

Regards,
    [email protected]

CCS Beware of them

My daughter received this in the mail. CCS had no problem taking the money out of our account. I did everything I was told to do by a Bob. Today I call in and speak with Adam (who is supposedly supervision) and he informs me that Bob is too busy to speak with me and now he tells me I did not return the package in the correct way. They received it but now state that I did not get a refund number. So it will not be refunded. This should be against the law for a company like this to operate. No wonder they have to lie and keep your money because no one will use their card once they find out all the details.

In The News

A consumer site aimed at exposing unethical companies and business practices