American Leak Detection Complaints & Reviews

American Leak DetectionNot an American company

American Leak Detection is not an American company. Don't be fooled! It is owned by Water Intellegence PLC located in the UK. Water Intelligence plc (formerly Qonnectis plc), which was incorporated in England and Wales (company number [protected]), owns 100 per cent of the issued capital of American Leak Detection Holding Corp. which owns the entire issued capital of American Leak Detection, Inc., the Company’s principal trading subsidiary which operates primarily in the United States.

American Leak Detection, Inc. is the Group’s principal operating subsidiary that sells franchises to various US locations.

Resolved American Leak DetectionDid not detect leak in swimming pool

Two technicians from AMERICAN LEAK DETECTION, FORT WORTH, TEXAS (SWIMMING POOL LEAKS), came to my house on 21 Jan 2010 to check for leaks in my swimming pool. They did not do a pressure check of all the pipes and, unknown to me, my pool leak continued after they left. I was not using my spa at the time, which is attached to the pool, and I found out later that the spa outlet plumbing was leaking under my deck. When I discovered this, it was after the 30 day warranty had expired and they refused to come back and re-check without charging me another $350. My swimming pool is 25 years old and they told me that the leak must have started after they tested the pool in January. They found minor leaks around the skimmer and then stopped testing because they thought they had found the problem. They did not dive the pool, they did not pressure test the spa, and they did not find the problem, yet they said they fixed it and charged me $400. They are dishonest and I would not recommend AMERICAN LEAK DETECTION - FORT WORTH to anyone.

• Mi
    Mike in Pennsylvania Oct 22, 2014

I am curious as to why you didn't verify that the leak was fixed during the 30 day warranty period?

Resolved American Leak DetectionSloppy work, no responsibility for their mistakes

American Leak Detection - Santa Barbara, CA installed a new skimmer in my pool, and despite an insert inside the new skimmer warning to keep the area clean to make sure that debris didn't enter into the skimmer or the area of the repair as it might lead to damage to pool equipment, guess what happened? Debris was left overnight near the skimmer, and the area was hosed down to clean some of the mess up. Good idea? The next day, the new skimmer was installed, but the pool filter and pump were not functioning properly after the work was done. After 2 hours and 30 minutes of trying to find the problem, the pool filter and pump still were still not functioning correctly, but the technician gave up and said he would ask someone else what should be done. The next day, someone else come out and found handfuls of debris in the pool equipment which could have damaged (and perhaps has) the equipment or destroyed it.

I asked for an adjustment to my bill, but the office clerk told me that the owners had said "no".

I had signed an invoice on the day that the repair was done agreeing to pay one amount, and then was charged on my credit card for a higher amount despite a lack of a signature for anything other than the lower amount. I feel that people should be warned to watch the work of the technicians, and do their own cleaning of the work area if they decide to hire American Leak for repairs since they do sloppy work, and then don't take responsibility for their mistakes.

• Dn
    dnewma33 Mar 17, 2011

You should have contacted your credit card company because it was not an authorized charge.

• Mi
    Mike in Pennsylvania Oct 22, 2014

I am curious. Who was it that " hosed down to clean some of the mess up"?