Resurgent Capital Services LPFraudulant Debt Collection

J

Resurgent Capital Services sent me a letter about a debt that I owe to capital one credit card. The letter had an account number and all info on it. The amount owed was higher than it was originally but I figured the extra was collection fees. I sent a payment to them figuring that it would be applied to the balance. This was not the original collection agency who was collecting on the debt but I figured maybe the debt was sold to a different company. So, a week later, I get a call from the original collection Agency which was Portfolio Recovery Services and they tell me that they own the debt still and that they received no payment. I told them about Resurgent Capital Services and Portfolio said that Resurgent doesn't own the account. Resurgent collected money from me on false pretenses.

A consumer site aimed at exposing unethical companies and business practices