Researchanyone.comreceived an email saying my paypal account has been charged $219.95 for ResearchAnyone.com

P

I received an email stating that my credit card has been charged(via Paypal) $219.95 for Expert Detective Informational Software.The name listed is Nancy L. Cornell. There is a link to go to to dispute the charge but it doesn't work when I click on it. Obviously a scam but how am I to dispute it? Receipt Number: [protected]

• Py
    P. Yvonne Jones Feb 19, 2008

I gave am credit card information to ResearchAnyone.com
    Afterwhich, I could not lon on. When I asked for help through email, I got no help. The continued to give me information that didn't work. Don't use this company. I believe they are fraudulent.

P.Yvonne Jones

• Sd
    sdawk Feb 28, 2008

About an hour ago, I think I became the latest Research Anyone.com Sucker. I really believed that I would be directed to sites and would actually be able to get information. Every click of the mouse is directing me to a site where I have to pay additional money. Can anyone tell me exactly what you get for $19.95 besides ripped-off? I feel like such a fool. I almost joined another site that was $29.95. I most likely saved myself $10.00 by not joining. From reading previous comments, I won't even bother to fight with Pay Pal for a refund. I almost joined Ancestry.com for $19.95 per month until I saw this site and thought I had hit pay-dirt. Shame on me for not doing my research on these shysters.

joseph matz Mar 07, 2008

This woman was emailed her password several times. She kept responding to the emails sent saying she wasn't receiving her password when the password was right in the email she replied to. Can't help people who aren't taking the time to read their emails. They want help but don't read emails and follow simple instructions!!

Instead, they take the time to go on sites and say they are being "frauded" because they don't read their emails.

She also never mentions why she didn't receive her password in the first place. This was because she didn't follow the instructions on the page at checkout that state "click here to return to merchant and retrieve your password to log in"

Also she didn't bother to click on the tab on the site that says "support" and send an email for password retrieval. There's a note right on the site that clearly says, if you don't have your password or forgot it, click here to send an email to customer support to have your password resent...

Goes to show just how odd people are...???

Joe Metheny Jul 04, 2008

This phishing email ought to raise some eyebrows about the company. Definately a FRAUD.

Copy of phishing email below

Dear PayPal Member,

This email confirms that you have paid ResearchAnyone.com $19.95 USD using PayPal.

Note:

If you haven't authorized this charge, click the link below to dispute transaction
    and get full refund

Dispute transaction (Encrypted Link )

of 128-bits (the highest level commercially available)

Keep your Receipt Number (shown above) for future reference. You will need to refer to this number if you need customer service from ResearchAnyone.com or from PayPal.

If you have questions about your purchase, such as shipping and tracking, we encourage you to contact the seller, ResearchAnyone.com at [protected]@researchanyone.com.

If you have been unable to resolve your questions with the merchant, PayPal offers a free buyer complaint resolution service that offers a quick, easy resolution to your concerns. It covers physical goods purchases made through PayPal, and is offered at no charge when you register for a free PayPal account. To sign up for an account, click on the 'Save My Info' link above.

The PayPal Team

Please do not reply to this email. Email sent to this address cannot be answered.

john barbree Jul 11, 2008

The website does not do anything it says it does. They do not refund money as gauranteed either.

maria carbajal Jul 15, 2008

my information is used to make purchase that i dont do. and not being solved. i need this matter to be resolved as soon as possible and dont be stealing from my acct. need a response now!!. close any acct. that may be opened in your site.

• Ka
    Karene McDonald Jul 16, 2008

i disagree witht he chrges made. not only did this bill the email, it billed my 2 other email accounts.

pleasease hlep me this is a nightmare!!!

• Ka
    Karene McDonald Jul 17, 2008

i did not want or order this, i want my money back.
    Buyer: Nancy L Cornell

i am not Nancy L Cornell, it is Karene McDonald.

i want my money returned asap.

thanx ever so much

mamasan Jul 17, 2008

I received the same e-mail:

and get full refund

Dispute transaction (Encrypted Link )

PayPal Email ID PP344

I did not respond to it!

• Diane Jul 19, 2008

If you have received an email stating that our website has charged you $19.95 via Paypal, please ignore this and DO NOT click on any links inside the email. This is a phishing email. You were not charged anything from us. This email did not come from us. Please forward the email you received to [protected]@paypal.com immediately. We are working with them to track the individuals involved. We apologize for any inconvenience this has caused you.

Regards,

ResearchAnyone.com Team

• Vi
    Vicki Carnes Jul 20, 2008

I DO NOT NOW, NOR HAVE I EVER HAD AN ACTIVE ACCOUNT WITH "PAY PAL"!!!I HAVE NOT TRIED TO RESEARCH ANYONE AND MY NAME IS NOT NANCY L.CORNELL.THIS REALLY MAKES ME MAD AND ALSO HAPPY AT THE SAME TIME, MAD BECAUSE I HAVE NEVER USED PAYPAL(THANK GOD) HAPPY BECAUSE NOW I KNOW I WILL NEVER USE YOUR PAYPAL SREVICES, AND YES I WILL TELL 2 FRIENDS AND THEY WILL TELL 2 FRIENDS ETC.

THANK YOU FOR BLOWING BEFORE I GOT THE CHANCE TO!!

NOW THAT'S BEEN SAID RESOLVE THIS PROBLEM A.S.A.P.

VICKI CARNES<[protected]@hotmail.com>

• La
    lana Jul 20, 2008

OK WT[censored] is all i can say, who the hell is this NANCY L CORNELL????? is this a BOT of the website? whats going on?

How dare you (research any one) do this to people, who ever is behind this will have Karma thrown their way... and yes like Vicki, i will not tell 2 friends, but 10, and they will tell 10...and so on...

Matthew Shank Jul 21, 2008

Got one of these spoof emails too. The sender is PayPal ([protected]@PayPal.Inc.com). It would appear to be a bogus email playing off PayPal website. Go to PayPal internet site (not PayPal.Inc)...and log into your PayPal account. You can review your charges to ensure you were not billed. Also, you should foward this spoof email you received to PayPal as well ([protected]@paypal.com) so they have documentation of the problem. PayPal recommends, after forwarding that spoof email to PayPal, delete the spoof email you received. I am glad this site is here, as I was not sure if the email was valid, but I addressed the concern directly with PayPal. Hope this helps. Matt

• Jj
    jj Jul 21, 2008

I got the same email that said my paypal acct. was billed 19.95 by Nancy L Cornell for researchanyone software. I clicked on a link in the email but it said that there was not website there so I hope I am ok. I am used to having a warning automatically shown when an email regarding a paypal dispute gets in my email. This one was the first one that didn't have this.

• Ke
    kenny Jul 23, 2008

Hi
    I did not request any service from this company. I want my money back!!!

• Ta
    Tammy Owensby Jul 23, 2008

Wow thank god for this website I was going crazy looking over past bank statements trying to find this charge. I got the same email with Nancy L Cornell. Thank you guys for making this public.

• Lc
    L Cousins Jul 24, 2008

don't worry about this. If you think there is a problem, just log into your Paypal account and check yourself. You will see that there have been no charges to Research Anyone. Paypal doesn't even have them listed as a creditor. Don't log in from the email though or you will be in trouble!
    Lee

• Nu
    Nunya Business Jul 24, 2008

I got the same dumb email. I have never been on ResearchAnyone.com and my name is not Nancy L. Cornell.
    I suggest the ResearchAnyone.com Company figure out how to get the SPAM email that is using their name stopped, as well as PayPal. This is not something that will help either company...unless they want to get shut down due to customer complaints.
    By the way, if you charge me 19.95...I want my money back.

• Ba
    Barbara Davis Jul 24, 2008

I also got this email and tried to dispute the so called transaction, my computer would not allow me to access the socalled link it said it would dirrect me to. I juxt hope that pushing that button didn"t give them access to my hard drive. The transaction has not shown up on my PayPal account yet, I hope it never hits. If it does I just figure I'm out the money.

• To
    Tonya Jul 31, 2008

First of all i would just like to say haha ha sucker, whoever was the stupid one to try to use my "credit card" numbrer it doesn't work stupid!! and it won't work do you really think im stupid enough a real credit card number!!!I just got a letter from Paypal telling me that someone was trying to use my card and it was declined, Not only do i not have a paypal account i also don't have a computer to access my information.

• Be
    Bert Klempel Aug 13, 2008

an unautherized use of my credit card through PayPal

• De
    deborah stalker Aug 13, 2008

i just received an email from paypal stating that i paid you people $189.00usd...which i did not authorize...please correct this mistake as soon as possible...thank you.

• Ki
    Kimmie Aug 15, 2008

Folks, please read the postings of all the people here.
    You will find that researchanyone is a victim and someone is trying to make you one as well.

This is phishing spam that researchanyone has no control over.

The links are bogus, the names are false and Spammers want you to put your info in so they can clean out your accounts.

Notice that the reciept number of all the complaints here is 20433666FG486722N?

Instead of screaming at researchanyone or any other victim of phishing spam, forward the email to the FBI.

• Je
    jen Sep 22, 2008

what is this scam????? How do i speak to someone at paypal to alert them to this...the last thing i want to do is log in w/ credit card info!!!

• Mi
    michael crider Sep 30, 2008

you ###ers keep sending me an email. well my lawer is handling this now. so go ### yourself.

Saref Esterron Oct 15, 2008

I'v received the same Email tons of times and I don't even have a PayPal account. I just sent a Email to PayPal and would like for you to NEVER send or charge my email address and I am not Nancy L Cornell. If I have to I will report this to the FBI or what ever branch of the government I need to in order to solve this.

Saref Esterron Oct 15, 2008

acording to all the Emails I'v recived like this I'v been charged over 1000.00$ from PayPal and ResearchAnyone, thank god I'v never had an account with them or I would have been freeking out. and now thanks to all this I never will. and I'll never use ResearchAnyone. and I'll be telling everyone I know as well not to use them and if they do I'll be telling them to get rid of them. Sorry if it's not your guys fault but it's not a chance I'm willing to take or let my friends take.

• Ri
    Richard Durkee Oct 21, 2008

I did not authorize any transaction with this company.

• Ri
    Rita Nov 06, 2008

Dispute Transaction‏
    From: PayPal ([protected]@PayPal.Inc.com)
    You may not know this sender.Mark as safe|Mark as unsafe
    Sent: Tue 11/04/08 7:24 AM
    To:

Dear PayPal Member,

This email confirms that you have paid ResearchAnyone.com $219.95 USD using PayPal.

Total: $219.95 USD

and get full refund

Dispute Transaction (Encrypted Link )

Andrea Oney Nov 12, 2008

This purchase was submitted from a buyer named "Nancy L. Cornell" I have no idea who this person is. Nor would I have given any person permission to use my information to purchase an item. I expect this matter taken care of immediatley. And if at all possible this "Nancy L. Cornell" charged with some sort of fraud!!

• Pa
    Patrick Conner Nov 12, 2008

I too got this e-mail and I don't know who these people are. I need to know what ( if anything ) is being done about it. does anyone have any information?

• Br
    Brandon Chandler Nov 13, 2008

To Whom May It Concern:

I RECEIVE AN ALERT TO MY EMAIL MULTIPLE TIMES STAINING THAT MY PAYPAL ACCOUNT WILL BE CHARGE $538.35 USD.
    I DONT KNOW WHAT IS GOING ON BUT THIS IS FRUAD SOMEONE WHOM I DONT KNOW GOT MY EMAIL ADDRESSES IN LINKED IT. WHO EVER U ARE I DO HAVE THE POLICE INVESTING INTO TO THIS MATTER YES I DO HAVE ALL EMAIL COMFIRMATIONS THAT WAS SENT TO ME REGARDING THIS MATTER. TAKE A LOOK BELOW .

This email confirms that you have paid DeluxFurniture.com $538.35 USD using PayPal.
    This credit card transaction will appear on your bill as "PAYPAL *DELUXEFURNIT". ^^^^ THIS IS FRAUD

• Bj
    BJ Jackson Nov 16, 2008

I have received about 40 of these emals over the past year. All having to s with PayPal transactions. All have been reported as spoof to PayPal. I delet them and pretty much ignore them anymore. Do not click on the links, do not follow through with instruction of email, do not give them you user id or your password. I even went as far as changing my PayPal userid and Password. take care of your selves. this is a scam.

• Bj
    Bj Jonsey Nov 16, 2008

I not only belive this is a scam so is this website.

• Do
    dorothy cockrum Nov 19, 2008

i have recieved the same charges from this company for furniture 538.35 aalso 8915 research any one .com please advise me whay to do thank you dorothy cokrum

• Ca
    cathy stanko Dec 04, 2008

My paypal account was charged 89.15 for software i never ordered

Marauder601 Dec 27, 2008

I have recieved an e-mail yesterday from PayPal stating that I paid you people $190 USD, which I did not authorize. Please correct this mistake ASAP and Thank You.

• Jc
    JCC Dec 28, 2008

I receive emails from this so called company all the time. Do not give any of your information to them or click any links. Simply delete or send email to the spoof department of paypal. Always use Paypals official site and not links through emails. Once you give this company your credit card info they will steal your money.

• Do
    donna Dec 29, 2008

I was going though my emails someone name Nancy L cornell is useing my Identity I did not do this please stop I did not order nothing from you and please make a record showing this a person by the name of nancy L cornell is using peoples name and emais address buying things they did not by like I do not order anything online because I know things like this could happen so I don't put my infor.on line she have got into some inportant papers on my computer I don't know how she did it but she did but I am going to do everything in my power to put a stop to this or I am going to suit this company

• Ge
    gerri Jan 26, 2009

I used my paypal to do background check and now I can't get on the website.

A consumer site aimed at exposing unethical companies and business practices