RemoteControlsInc.comTerrible scam!

M

I ordered a replacement remote control for my daughter's Panasonic tv. The communications by www.remotecontrolsinc.com is awful. After weeks of not receiving the remote, I emailed them repeatedly and also completed the online 'contact us' form. If you call, they never, never answer. The email replies were standard form letters. They offered no attempt to resolve. I finally googled the phone number, researched WHOIS, and found a second phone number at the address. It was the guys father who, after repeated questions, indicated that he had no idea what kind of stuff his some was into. I gave the father my phone number, but no one ever called back. After a few more weeks of trying to connect with someone, I finally received an email indicated that the product was shipped 'weeks ago' but in good faith a "second" product would be sent out. To be fair, a product did arrive about a week later. But, it did not work!! I have again tried repeatedly trying to contact them and take advantage of their advertised return offer, but again, they refuse to answer phone, they refuse to answer emails, and they refuse to answer their online contact form. DO NOT ORDER FROM www.remotecontrolsinc.com.

• Ss
    SS Jan 17, 2008

I had a similar experience with www.remotecontrolsinc.com. Every time I called, the machine said they were moving and the best way to contact them was by using their online comment form. But they never replied. They never attempted to send me the remote control even though they charged my credit card.

FITNESS RX Feb 13, 2009

here is the thread of communication I have had with REMOTECONTROLS.INC
    Will Schien
    [email protected]
    2872 Horton Rd
    Germanton NC 27019 US

I just disputed the $49.90 charge with my credit card company-
    YOU OWE ME TWO REMOTES

Let me know how you want to handle the return of my remotes

I have proof that they were delivered to your place of business.

I WILL TAKE STEPS TO REPORT YOU TO THE BBB NEXT. You have until Friday Feb 13 to reply.
    Order Summary: *

From: Remote Controls Inc. <[email protected]>
    To: Angela Milczarski <[email protected]>
    Sent: Tuesday, February 10, 2009 3:32:55 PM
    Subject: Re: Remote Controls Incorporated Order Confirmation

What type of remotes where these?

www.RemoteControlsInc.com
    3402 Ruffin St. #102 Raleigh, NC 27607
    (336)767-1300

Fix your own remote www.KeyPadRepairKit.com

Angela Milczarski wrote:
    > I need to know when I can expect the remotes? You told me they went out last week but they are still not here as of 2-10-09
    > you got them via US Mail with delivery confirmation on Jan 10.
    > NOW WHERE ARE THEY?
    > ------------------------------------------------------------------------
    > *From:* Remote Controls Inc. <[email protected]>
    > *To:* Angela Milczarski <[email protected]>
    > *Sent:* Tuesday, February 10, 2009 1:11:11 PM
    > *Subject:* Re: Remote Controls Incorporated Order Confirmation
    > We where just informed that our mail server has been down. We have reason to believe that you did not get our response to this email. If you have not been contacted by our company please respond to this email. Thank you and have a great day.
    > www.RemoteControlsInc.com <http://www.remotecontrolsinc.com/>
    > 3402 Ruffin St. #102 Raleigh, NC 27607
    > (336)767-1300
    > Fix your own remote www.KeyPadRepairKit.com <http://www.keypadrepairkit.com/>
    > Angela Milczarski wrote:
    > > can you tell me when I can expect?
    > > it has been four weeks since you got them.
    > > ------------------------------------------------------------------------
    > > *From:* Remote Controls Inc. <[email protected] <mailto:[email protected]>>
    > > *To:* Angela Milczarski <[email protected] <mailto:[email protected]>>
    > > *Sent:* Monday, February 2, 2009 4:00:41 PM
    > > *Subject:* Re: Remote Controls Incorporated Order Confirmation
    > >
    > > They are both fixed and mailed out today. We apologize for the delay...Thanks,
    > > www.RemoteControlsInc.com <http://www.remotecontrolsinc.com/>
    > > 3402 Ruffin St. #102 Raleigh, NC 27607
    > > (336)767-1300
    > >
    > > Fix your own remote www.KeyPadRepairKit.com <http://www.keypadrepairkit.com/>
    > > Angela Milczarski wrote:
    > > > I still have not gotten a response despite several calls and emails. You have until 5 PM Friday to get back to me.
    > > > 248 488 9830
    > > > Angela Milczarski wrote:
    > > > > I visited the site to check status on repair of two remote controls
    > > > > mailed to you a few weeks ago. order ID is 7308
    > > > > I left a message as well. Your site did not have any updates.
    > > > > Did you receive?
    > > > > Are you able to repair?
    > > > > My credit card was charged.
    > > > > 248 488 9830
    > > > > Angie
    > > > >
    > > > > ------------------------------------------------------------------------
    > > > > *From:* "[email protected] <mailto:[email protected]> <mailto:[email protected] <mailto:[email protected]>> <mailto:[email protected] <mailto:[email protected]> <mailto:[email protected] <mailto:[email protected]>>>" <[email protected] <mailto:[email protected]> <mailto:[email protected] <mailto:[email protected]>> <mailto:[email protected] <mailto:[email protected]> <mailto:[email protected] <mailto:[email protected]>>>>
    > > > > *To:* "[email protected] <mailto:[email protected]> <mailto:[email protected] <mailto:[email protected]>> <mailto:[email protected] <mailto:[email protected]> <mailto:[email protected] <mailto:[email protected]>>>" <[email protected] <mailto:[email protected]> <mailto:[email protected] <mailto:[email protected]>> <mailto:[email protected] <mailto:[email protected]> <mailto:[email protected] <mailto:[email protected]>>>>
    > > > > *Sent:* Saturday, January 10, 2009 12:40:24 PM
    > > > > *Subject:* Remote Controls Incorporated Order Confirmation
    > > > > Dear ANGELA,
    > > > >
    > > > > Thanks for your order from Remote Controls Incorporated.
    > > > > A brief summary of your order is below.
    > > > > Please feel free to contact us if you have any questions.
    > > > > *Order Summary: *
    > > > > City: FARMINGTON HILLS State: MI Zip: 48331
    > > > > Country: US
    > > > > Phone: 248-488-9830
    > > > > Fax: None
    > > > > E-Mail Address: [email protected] <mailto:[email protected]> <mailto:[email protected] <mailto:[email protected]>> <mailto:[email protected] <mailto:[email protected]> <mailto:[email protected] <mailto:[email protected]>>>
    > > > > Payment Method: Credit Card
    > > > > Attributes (if any):
    > > > > Price: $24.95
    > > > > Quantity: 2
    > > > >
    > > > > http://www.remotecontrolsinc.com/OrderDetail.aspx?OrderID=7150.
    > > > > Thanks again,
    > > > > *Remote Controls Incorporated*

next I am going to report to the BBB

REPORTING TO THE BBB

anothernothappy Oct 02, 2012

I'm having a similar experience. CC charged, Over two months now, no remote. multiple emails back and forth...
    WILL keeps saying he's taking care of it but so far no good news like "order shipped" based on the above thread I think
    I'm over-due for having the CC reversed. Calling the bank tomorrow.

In The News

A consumer site aimed at exposing unethical companies and business practices