Menu
ADVERTISIMENT
Home Banks Regions Financial scam and abuse!

Regions Financial - scam and abuse!

V
Author of the complaint
4:05 pm
Featured review
This review was chosen algorithmically as the most valued customer feedback.

When my great-aunt died in 2003, it was discovered that her care-taker had withdrawn over $250,000 from her Regions Bank account over a 4 year period, leaving her on the brink of bankruptcy and public assistance. The funds were spent on things like Harley Davidsons, video games, acne medication, high school tutoring, fashion clothing, care taker's credit cards, care taker's utilities, etc. The checks were forged.

Regions Bank's fraud detection system flagged the activity repeatedly. Regions Bank officers testified under oath that they discussed the situation on multiple occasions and consciously chose to do nothing: like contact its attorneys or call any goverment officials. Regions Bank had several conflicts of interest. 1) It profited from collecting ongoing NSF fees and CD early withdrawal penalties - amounting to over $10,000 (and exceeding $1000 in one given month). 2) The care-taker was a client of Regions Bank, so the bank didn't want to alienate this individual or any local relatives.

Regions Bank never once apologized and never once offered to refund the funds that it allowed to leave my aunt's account fraudulently. In fact, it allowed its lawyers to taunt my family by making minuscule offers for settlement. Overall, Regions Bank has shown its total disdain for its consumers, especially its vulnerable, elderly consumers.

The estate's legal suit went to the Alabama Supreme Court twice. But Regions Bank headquarters in Birmingham Alabama and has strong political presence. Regions Bank hired one of Birmingham's largest legal firms to protect itself and its mode of operation. All of the documentation from this legal suit are available to the public. Consumers can decide for themselves if Regions Bank behaved properly.

Alabama voters also need to know that the governor and senators of Alabama were contacted about this case and not a single one has offered any kind of restitution or change in the law to date.

Update by Valerie
Dec 07, 2006 12:00 am

Hi all - glad to have the opportunity to vent. I started calling Regions "The Flintstones Bank" a while ago, when I started realizing how antiquated operations are, and how unsophisticated and unprofessional many of the staff are.

The "little" things that grated on my nerves were issues such as telling me, after not returning many calls when they said they would, that *I* would have to call Birmingham (headquarters I believe) to get information to resolve my problems. "Oh, you'll have to call wire transfer and find out," or "You'll have to call REgionsNet to find out" -- how about my bank officer gathering the information FOR ME? Why do i have to call around? Plus, if they do it, they'll learn about the various procedures and policies the bank has in place.

But that's not my problem now. Here's what happened:

We were overdue on an equity payment. As I dialed Regions to make the payment, I looked at RegionsNet, the online service, and saw that the account I would normally pull from was overdrawn by 14 dollars. When I got the representative on the phone I told her I would transfer money into that account immediately. I transferred $500 while I was on the phone. She said she "saw" it come in and would pay my equity payment with that money. I took her name, confirmed, and hung up.

A few minutes later I decided to transfer money into that account in order to have some more "cushion". I wanted to transfer another $500, but I purposely transferred $490 because I knew from previous experience that Regions will DELETE what they think are erroneous duplicates.

Later that afternoon I went back on REgionsNet to check the activity. Nothing had changed! I called RegionsNet and spoke to someone -- again taking a name -- who said that everything I had done that morning had posted fine and just hadn't shown up.

OK.

The weekend came and went and then the following week we received a letter from Regions. They took the equity payment from an entirely different account (my daughter's custodial account!) and also took a $200 penalty with it! I went back on REgionsNet and to my dismay I saw that they had also charged my account $93 in overdraft fees!

The next day was Thanksgiving, so on Friday we spoke to the only person in the bank, the bank manager. She said she was alone and could not get to this until Monday, and would call me back then. She did not.

Late Tuesday I had to call her, and she said, "sorry I was out yesterday." No, "I'm sorry" or "I should have had someone call you." OK, fineeee. Then she says, "Well there is nothing I can do. Since this went through RegionsNet you will have to call them."

So I wasted ALL THIS TIME with a bank manager who could not help me. I waited for her call and then was told she could do nothing. AND she wanted ME to make the call to resolve. Lovely.

I called customer service, spent a long time on the line (38 minutes), and then they spoke to this bank manager while I held. Then they came back on and told me I should call HER BACK so she could help me resolve the situation!

I called the bank manager back. She said to me: "Mrs. Jones, I will remove the 93 dollar charge, but this is the last time I will do anything like this for you." (!)

I said, "OK and what about the extra $200 penalty the bank took?" I asked.

She said, "What $200?"

I asked, "Did the customer service person brief you on this whole situation?" (Even though I had briefed this bank manager myself the week before)

She says "yes."

"I said, well it's right there. An extra $200 was taken from my daughter's account!"

She said "I don't know what you are talking about!"

So I said, "Do you have the account information in front of you?"

she said, "No"

I said, "Can you pull up the information?"

Well, she freaked out at me, and I said, "You are the bank manager! Why can't you help me with this whole thing? And why can't you get all the information in front of you so we can talk about this whole thing intelligently?!

She then told me she was through taking my "abuse". I asked her to please not interrupt me and I would not raise my voice. she hung up on me!

I called back -- this was yesterday morning, Monday -- and she said she would have her supervisor call me back yesterday.

I called today and she was at lunch. I left a message saying that I still had not heard from her supervisor. It is now 9 pm and I still have not heard a peep from anyone.

Helpful? 0 0

More Regions Financial complaints & reviews

Regions Financial - account closure for no reason
Regions Financial - atm deposit not applied to account
Regions Financial - notarized lien release letter
Regions Financial - courtesy, but for whom?
83 comments
K
Mar 05, 2012 4:05 pm

Regions Bank needs to be pressured with Imminent (BK) Threats or Mediation Law and Procedures.
They are basically a giant collection agency. They purchase the distressed mortgage at Extreme Discounts from various key players in the sub-prime arena. They collect aggressively on this paper. They do not play by the rules and need to be pressed hard.

We have completed successful loan restructuring cases with Regions Bank. They are all long run and brutal battles.

Feel free to visit our website for further details on avoiding a Pending Sale Date.
www.freshstart-mortgagesolutions.com or www.freshstart-legalnetwork.com
You may also call 1.877.297.7011

Good Luck Homeowners.

G
Nov 10, 2010 4:05 pm

I paid off a truck loan in cash on 10-14-2009. I have been waiting for the title because I sold the truck and the gentleman who bought it wanted to register it to get it on the road to make his money. I called Regions and asked where it was they told me that the payment that was paid on 10-14-09 was not processed until 10-23-09 and that now I have to wait 9 days after that to get the title. According to the DMV it is a paper title and that I should not have to wait that long for it. I then called Regions back and they again told me that it takes them this long to process anything. So I pay in cash and have to wait 30 days for a release and a title. I go to DMV on 11-2-09 to try to help this man register it, DMV tells me that there is still a lien after 15 days. I go to the bank they assure me that Rita got an email telling her that the title has been released and so has the lien. I ask her to sign a satisfaction of lien from DMV and they tell her she cannot do that. Then they tell her to tell me they will overnight it on 11-2-09 and I will receive it on 11-3-09. Well once again they llied and I still do not have the title. Why is it a bank can go about lying and not trying to help the consumer? I have the worst runaround from this bank in my 54yrs of selling anything. I will never do business with this bank and if there is anyone else out there doing business with them they need to be made aware of this situation. This bank has caused me more stress than having 15 kids can. They sent me a copy of the title on 10-31-09 why in the world could they not send me an original? I PAID CASH!

L

I am so overwhelmingly upset and disgusted due to the fact that I have been charged with 250.00 in NSF because I missed the time line to make a deposite. I could not get the money earlier but I tried God knows I did not acted irresponsible. That has to STOP! not only for me but for everyone having money issues right now surviving one way or another. I see it as stolen money, money that I do not have but the worst thing is that is stolen from an organization that I am trusting to protect the little I have. I need my money back! you are only making my sitution harder to handle and everyones too.

0 0

I seen two officles busting dukes were you could see them at regions bank and jacking jacking off please make them stop

D

I have banked for years with Regions back when it was Union Planters and before that Magna. In 2010 I had two checks get lost and I went to the Branch at Main Street in Columbia Illinois and spoke with the Branch Manager. I ask him to have (stop payments) on the two checks - he said it will cost you $36 X 2 or $72 and I said look I have been with Regions for over 20 years and never ask them for anything - I said can you waive the fee - he said no - I said can you call your HQ in Birmingham and he said to me - let me have your phone number and I'll call you with what they say. I know that the little jerk just waited about a half and hour and called me and said no they would not do it. He said - easy to fix though - just open a new account number an close the old one. He said also that they could handle Social Security for me to - but I knew that was also a lie. Ever since then I have multiples of problems - and I'm considering changing banks altogether - Regions is all about big money depositors and to heck with the little guys the poor and elderly.

0 0

Company's get off walfare or go away

0 0

get off walfar (company's) or go away

0 0

Get off welfar company's or go away

Tell them man tell them

Told you I'm right fools

0 0

When they made these company's they had the u, s citizens in mind for free labor

0 0

get thease company's off wealfar

0 0

Get regions bank complant board off of gov welfar

Higher minum wages to $20, 00 an hower

0 0

Regions bank is a fake bank a massave money loytering sustem every one knows this

0 0

stop lieing on the U, S, A don't eaven lie to your self becouse you start to beleave your lies

0 0

Stop your propaganda get of walfare quit telling lise to others so to mess up us

0 0

You are poor and need to get off welfar

0 0

Stop paying millions for products when they missed up the game a man can't eaven get payed right for his trade sence you messed up the game you spread propa ganda every were iv seen it you are all blind fools you need to pay mwg the highest payed man in america you can't do the work that he dose but you need him now your education is like childsplay we all know that and quit spreading propaganda around the world stop messing up the econimy

0 0

tell they axualy pay us all of us 20, 00 dollers an hower I'm going to say that you are poor and abuse welfar you need welfarlabor help from the gov we made these company's we own there money they are poor and traders to us

0 0

And they don't won't you to know so they can have a monoply over us you can't eaven get free money we need it and all they do is base in a tub of dollers and call us nobody .

0 0

Regions bank is poor and can only pay its employees 7, 25 a hower they said they are now trying to get free labor and only won't to pay 7, 25 for ther time and not compensate them for what they do you half to pay for time what they do and appreacieation we need to rase minumum wages to 13, 00 dollers an houer if they won't to.go and get free labor from a nother country that well chepean there product and we all won't use it becouse you can seal your stuff were you got cheep labor sell it to your 25 cent emploiee he gots money one day you well pay us 20, 00 dollers an hower and and. The hole world well rase there's to 20, 00 also tell you have no choice but to serve one billion by your self and we all know you are nobody and can't preform the task so you ant sht you need welfar labor the minum wage is set at welfar wage pay becouse they made ther company's with us as partners we own part of there buisness

0 0

You will pay the man mwg ha ha ha

0 0

O you will pay just wate

0 0

Very stupid if you think we will ever give you a dime. Also, we would appreciate it if next time we are jacking off and busting nuts all over your bank account if you would just look away.

Wow, you are stupid.

Jul 26, 2012 4:05 pm

Pay us NOW

Jul 26, 2012 4:05 pm

Pay pay pay p a y

Jul 25, 2012 4:05 pm

He is a betrayer to the people bit:-h

Jul 25, 2012 4:05 pm

The trans was the right hand left hand for the bollheaded man so the trans was made to do it or it would not get payed

Jul 25, 2012 4:05 pm

How can that man be so nasty that's nasty

Jul 25, 2012 4:05 pm

Why did the bollheaded man just look why didn't he tell he was trying to busset that mans dook but did he afterthe the man left hmmmmm lets think on this for a minute people some one made them do that a sicko a real sicko

Jul 25, 2012 4:05 pm

I just won't to know if that man owed them or were they all booty bursting Maby they were just doing it for kicks but we know that the bank had two bosses and the trans had two things so that is why the trans won'ed two dooks to bust don't you see the bollheaded man just won'ed to wach that's all yes I think it was the first way to get more g

Jul 25, 2012 4:05 pm

I know what is going on the bollheaded man made the trans bussen the other mans dook becouse he had the trans point at him it was mad when it pointed so if the bollheaded man was just sitting there watching he was use his authority to make the tyranny bustle the mans dook becouse if the tyranny pointed with a mad or aggressive way would mean that the bollheaded man was informing his authority to make the trans bustle the other mans dook or he would not pay the trays it was said the tyranny put on a new thing so it could resemble two things so that means that they bustle that mans dook regularly so the trans had knowledge of how many things to use for bursting

Jul 25, 2012 4:05 pm

The bollheaded man just watched he was watching don't you all see I know now I what it is now.

Jul 25, 2012 4:05 pm

I think that they should just fire the trans and the man that got his dook bustled should see if it is a crime and no no nO the boll

Pay~him~pay~me~pay~america pay~pay~pay pay~pay~pay

Jul 25, 2012 4:05 pm

What are you doing you need to pay that man so we all don't go in debt with you what's going on

0 0

Quit booty bursting regions bank ballheaded bi~h

0 0

Stop dusting dooks stop bussen dooks regions bank stop booty busting

ADVERTISIMENT

Learn how the rating is calculated

153 complaints