Real NetworksRefusal to refund fraudulent charges

I discovered an unknown charge to my bank account today (September 10, 2009):
09/07/2009 Withdrawal @ RN *SUPERPASS FROM REA RN *SUPERPASS FROM REA866-212-1343 WA US Trace #000MDSGNU62F -$14.99

Then, checked previous months and found two others:

08/07/2009 Withdrawal @ RN *SUPERPASS FROM REA RN *SUPERPASS FROM REA866-212-1343 WA US Trace #000MDSS3HV2F -$14.99

07/07/2009 Withdrawal @ RN *SUPERPASS FROM REA RN *SUPERPASS FROM REA866-212-1343 WA US Trace #0 -$14.99

Total = $44.97

I GOOGLED “RN SUPERPASS FROM REA” and found multiple complaints posted by others for over two years!

Called them [protected]) today and asked what their product was.
It’s some kind of membership for online movies.
I have never ordered a membership or service for online movies.
I have never even downloaded a “trial” for this kind of thing.

I complained about the fraudulent charges.

My name was not on file with their company.
My Email address was not on file with their company.
Using my Mastercard Number they found an account, but the account did NOT have my name associated with it. They said it was a “Miller, ” but the other parts of the account name were not mine. They refused to give me the name on the account.

They cancelled the account.
Confirmation #: [protected]

Then, even though they confirmed that the account was fraudulent, they REFUSED to refund the money that was fraudulently taken from my bank account.

The Lincoln Police Department Case Number for this incident: A9-090208, filed today (September 10, 2009).

I will be filling out 5 forms to have my bank pursue a dispute of these charges.
I’ve had to cancel my Mastercard and order a new one.

This company clearly facilitates fraud, and has been doing so for a long time!

• Bi
    Bill F. Jan 30, 2009

In 2002 I signed up for a 30 day trial of an unlimited access program and provided a credit card number. Long story short my card was charged for monthly service renewals for the next six years. During that time I did not receive any email seeking authorization for an increase in the cost of their monthly subscription services, which occurred 3 times; or a request for a profile update due to the expiration of the original credit card that expired in early 2004; and for the last few years Real Networks posted 2 different monthly subscription fees. After I discovered this ongoing activity I cancelled my services and wrote to Real Networks corporate headquarters' customer service department outlining the above credit card abuse and violations and proposed a reasonable settlement. I have not received a response from Real Networks and desire to proceed with litigation at this time.

• He
    Helper99 Sep 14, 2009

These guys are a sketchy company. Be very careful and think many times before dealing with them.