Radio Shack — tricked into taking out a charge card
Yesterday I went to radio shack with a cordless phone headset whose battery was dead. The clerk sold me a new battery. I mentioned that it was expensive and she said 'Oh we have a radio shack card so you can get 15% off, would you like one." I thought that it was a chain discount card, like a CVS card so I said yes. The clerk handed me a keyboard to input information. They wanted my social security # and address. I was put off and said What is this. Why do they want this?" and she said "I don't know, it's so you can get your charge card to get 15% off." I finally said, "Is this for a credit card?" and instead of answering "yes" or "no" she said 'It's for your charge card so you can get 15% off." I was stupid enough to continue.
Then, of course, I found out that I HAD just opened a credit card and she had just charged my purchase to it. (She also tried to sell me 2 more batteries - telling me that if the battery from one headset had gone dead, the remaining headset batteries had to be replaced too.) I told her I didn't want the card, but she said she couldn't cancel it. She did cancel the purchase, at my insistance, and I charged the battery to my usual credit card. I asked her for the receipt (of cancellation) and she refused to give it to me. She did NOT give me a receipt for the purchase on MY credit card, but when I got in my car I realized it and went back. She ran me a duplicate, said she didn't have the original receipt.
Today, I called the Radio Shack credit card people and learn that the charge is still on the Radio Shack credit card account.
More Radio Shack Complaints & Reviews
- Radio Shack - wrongful firing!
- Radio Shack Replacement Service Plan - failure to replace insured headphones
- Radio Shack - insurance ploy
- Radio Shack - tv converter box
- Radio Shack - they don't give refunds on toys
- RadioShack - unauthorized charges
- Radio Shack - poor customer service!
- RadioShack.com - god sake do not waste your money on expedited shipping
- Radio Shack - unprofessional & misinformed manager
- RadioShack - sexual harrassment taken lightly