Radio Shacktricked into taking out a charge card

B

Yesterday I went to radio shack with a cordless phone headset whose battery was dead. The clerk sold me a new battery. I mentioned that it was expensive and she said 'Oh we have a radio shack card so you can get 15% off, would you like one." I thought that it was a chain discount card, like a CVS card so I said yes. The clerk handed me a keyboard to input information. They wanted my social security # and address. I was put off and said What is this. Why do they want this?" and she said "I don't know, it's so you can get your charge card to get 15% off." I finally said, "Is this for a credit card?" and instead of answering "yes" or "no" she said 'It's for your charge card so you can get 15% off." I was stupid enough to continue.

Then, of course, I found out that I HAD just opened a credit card and she had just charged my purchase to it. (She also tried to sell me 2 more batteries - telling me that if the battery from one headset had gone dead, the remaining headset batteries had to be replaced too.) I told her I didn't want the card, but she said she couldn't cancel it. She did cancel the purchase, at my insistance, and I charged the battery to my usual credit card. I asked her for the receipt (of cancellation) and she refused to give it to me. She did NOT give me a receipt for the purchase on MY credit card, but when I got in my car I realized it and went back. She ran me a duplicate, said she didn't have the original receipt.

Today, I called the Radio Shack credit card people and learn that the charge is still on the Radio Shack credit card account.

People, beware!

• Xs
    Xsavior Dec 05, 2008

OK common lady... They told you out right "this is for your charge card for your 15 % discount." If your too stupid to hear what he told you this is your own fault. What do you want you said ok you got what you asked for.

Make it idiot proof some one will make a better idiot.

• elpasotexastejano Jan 05, 2009

First of all Xsavior, your an idiot, you don't even know this lady, your Mom could have made the same mistake. So do us a favor Shut Up with the ignorant remarks.
    Second. Lady you ought to get more savvy about these things, apparently you have good credit and need to pay more attention. They did tell you it was for a credit card.

• Ri
    Ripoffed Jan 05, 2009

I bet she is going to be the next Radio Shack store manager in her area. Boy is she in for a surprise.

• Co
    Cochituate Feb 05, 2009

I was told earlier today that I was going to get a battery discount card, and I went through the same thing that BJ did. I was dealing with the store manager, and she said that not only would I get a discount on batteries I was buying for home use, but that batteries I bought last week would also be discounted. Finally I heard the words "credit card", and I demanded that she roll it all back. She said I now had a credit card, and that I be seeing a permanent card mailed to me. I am trying to get rid of this blot tonight, but their credit card group is closed down. This was presented in a fraudulent fashion.

• Po
    portboy88 Dec 29, 2010

If they told you that it was a charge card then you just aren't hearing them when they are talking. Lol. This will teach you to listen to people when they talk. And NOT be idiotic when they are trying to talk to you.