Pww OnlineCharged without permission

H Review updated:

Hi there - has anyone had any luck getting their money back?! I just saw a transaction on my account for £50.02, which was $79.90 and it says for PWW Online. I don't know what this is but everyone on here has mentioned Google. I bought some products on ebay recently. One was "Making sense of Google adsense" and another was some ready made content websites. Could it be from this? I don't think I gave anyone else my money...If anyone can help I'd be really grateful! Thanks, Hayley

• H
      Aug 25, 2009

I've just remembered I bought a $1.97 kit online too! All it was were links to some downloaded information. Can I get my money back?

• T
      Aug 25, 2009

I don't know about the laws over there, but if you put these charges on your credit card, you should contact your credit card company. They should have more information on this merchant. They have to in order to allow this business to accept their cards. Make sure you save every single document for your records. You should act fast on this because some credit card companies only allow 90 days to dispute a charge.

•   Aug 25, 2009

This has nothing to do with Google actually, it's a scam. And if you bought the products on ebay, then yes you did give them your information.

These might only cost a few dollars to get, but it's listed as a "trial" for free, you pay shipping. Then, if you don't cancel in 7 days they start charging you the monthly fee. The 7 day free trial starts the minute you "order" the thing. Which means you usually don't even receive the product until long past the 7 days are up.

Google AdSense services are free.

Have a look at this site: http://scam-googletreasurechest.blogspot.com/2009/07/ftc-vs-google-treasure-chest.html

The person who wrote that site has been through the same sort of thing, and there's lots of information on what you can do about it.

• H
      Aug 26, 2009

Thank you guys to much!

I've managed to get my bank to cancel the overdraft fees.

Then I just spent 35 mins on the phone to "Chelsea" at PWW. After going on and on at her, she agreed to refund half of the money, ie $40. But I'm still going to go further as I'm so angry with them. I felt sick and had a headache after. Also all the phone call charges to my bank and the States I want back.

You know, they wouldnt even give me the surname of the Director or CEO, because, and I quote "I might want to track him down and hurt him"!! I never once threatened them with anything other than a lawsuit!

If anyone wants to work together against this company, pls email me at [protected]@hotmail.co.uk

I'm going to check out the treasurechest website now!
    Thx, H

• D
      Aug 27, 2009

I am too in the same boat!! My friend went on to purchase me a FREE kit, again, only charging the £1.20 for the kit, which resulted in £49.66 being taken from my account a week or so WITHOUT MY PERMISSION!!! This then caused me to go overdrawn, as it would when your not expecting it to leave your account, causing me charges galore!!! I had tried to ring and sent an email too to say i didn`t want this product or any thing to do with it and low and behold, the phone number didn`t work and no replies to my emails!! This is discusting and i hope the people who are doing this get what they deserve!!!
    Please, if any one has any info that can help us, get in touch!!! dj.[protected]@hotmail.co.uk

• C
      Aug 27, 2009

I did the 1.90, an they went into my bank an took out 79.90 without my permision.Now my bank want's to charge me 36.00 to stop payment. I trusted Google to try out for this .
    This is the secound scam i have gotten. I will never try anything off the comp again.
    And i want my money back. I am trying to get intouch with the fraud company!
    It is so sad that we the people can't trust any site anymore! So if anyone can help me please email !

• C
      Aug 27, 2009

Like all you others I this week have had £50.17 + the £1.25 overseas fee taken out of my account without authorisation. This is after clicking on a link through Google & the Adsense demonstration, I did input my card details to pay the £1.25 but as I say they have taken more money this week. I have gone onto the webpage I think I registered with & low & behold the contact details throw up an error page. My banks suggestion is that they cancel my card & reisuse another, which is obvously inconvenience but I`ve still lost the money. Does anyone have any idea how we can get our money back as this is absolutely disguisting.

• J
      Aug 27, 2009

Their phone number is [protected].

• Y
      Aug 27, 2009

I just had that happen to me as well and when they tryed to say they where only going to refund half I told them I wanted to talk to some else who could do something about it. She kept teling me that there was nothing anybody elose could do. But I told her that I didn"t want to hear that from her I wanted to talk to her supervisor. She left for a few minutes and when she came back she said her boss was unable to come to the phone but that they are going to refund the full amount. Just don't take no for an answer and you will get your money back.

• S
      Aug 28, 2009

I have been caught with the same thing but the number does not work from the uk, does anyone know what the correct no is to call, can i ask YvetteC1234 what number she called.

• G
      Aug 29, 2009

my girlfriend has been caught out with this scam too, you need to put 00 in front of the number so its

[protected]

i have cancelled her card with the bank, i am going toring them tomorrow and cause holy hell

• J
      Nov 03, 2009

This exact same thing happened to me. I was told I would only pay the postage. I didn't even receive the product... not that I want it any more.

I've just looked at my account online, I've been charged £50.00, including fees! Charges I DID NOT authorise. I rang my bank and was told to contact the company, and ask for a refund. If this didn't happen, my bank will open a dispute with the company and get the money refunded.

I cancelled my card, but have read that this makes no difference - I will still be liable for charges, and WILL be charged!

I tried to call the company, but was on hold for ages.

I have just emailed them with details of the charges, asking for all charges to be refunded as they were unauthorised, and for any memberships, subscriptions or products i have signed up for - when I didn't anyway, but I want to be sure.

I'm waiting for a reply. If I don't get one, I'll open a dispute through my bank and cancel my entire account, then open a new one so they can't trace it.

This is ridiculous, the amount of stress this has put me though has made me sick, and I'm a student, I need that £50, and can't afford to lose it or be charged any more.

I just feel like an absolute idiot for being drawn in for something I never normally would be.