Menu

Pure Nutrients  -  terms & conditions beware

R
Author of the complaint
Featured review
This review was chosen algorithmically as the most valued customer feedback.

Pure Nutrients claims they risk free 14 day money back guarantee. I received the trial and paid 5.95 for shipping and handling. The order date on the slip I received was 5/8/09 but when I called to cancel on 5/22/09 i was informed that my 'real' order date was 5/7/09. They charged my credit card $88.00 and the customer service person would NOT refund the money.

I did checked the internet today and see other people have had the same complaint. What a rip off!

More Pure Nutrients complaints & reviews

Pure Nutrients - should not have charged to credit card
Pure Nutrients - colodetox xr
188 comments
K

Company was not available by phone to cancel within the 14 day Free trial. I tried 2 days before the cancellation time & then continued for the next week. The line was always busy! There were times that I stayed on the line for over an hour! I even tried to find an e-mail to cancel by & there was NO e-mail. What company in this day and age doesn't have an e-mail unless this is a scam?!
I will be contacting my credit card company to reverse the charge!

D

The terms and conditions state that you may cancel anytime by calling the customer service line at [protected]. At this point, I have been on hold for over twenty minutes and noone has answered the phone - only music.

Aug 12, 2016 7:39 am

I was also mislead with their marketing technique. Not a good way to be putting a supposedly earth/mind/body business out there. I am spreading the word as fast as my fingers and voice can go. Taught me a valueable lesson and I will be extra cautious with all on-line transactions. If it's a good product why do they resort to such low tactic's? I am not so sure I will use the product now. If they have no concern for taking our money how concerned are they with our health?

T
Aug 12, 2016 7:39 am

I was charged for a free trial before the product even showed up at my house. I can't reach anyone on the phone to cancel. This company is a fraud.

M
Jun 09, 2016 4:20 am

Hello fellow ripped-off consumers.
Do this...check with your state's Attorneys General Office to see if there is a consumer protection law that provides you the right to return any item to ANY merchant operating in that state for a FULL refund. There may be a law to protect you. Check immediately and follow up because there may be a time frame such as 30 days from the date of purchase. Once you establish your consumer rights, ship the item back using a reputable shipper or USPS and get a shipment and delivery confirmation. If you don't receive your refund, contact the Attorneys General Office and register a formal complaint. Maybe if enough AGO's get complaints, they'll bar these companies from operating in their states and lo and behold they go out of business, at least in the good ol' USA.

Jun 09, 2016 4:18 am

I ordered a 30-day free trial of Nature Cleanse online and it stated that I would only have to pay for shipping and handling that totaled $2.49. After stating they would only charge my card s/h they charged my card $88.00. I didn't even get the trial size until 10 days later. Included with the trial pack was a statement that read:

You will be billed $88.00 on the 15th day of your order. I just received the order today and my card has already been charged! I tried calling the customer service line to cancel as it states to call 866.779.7568 and they said that they were experiencing some computer problems and to call back tomorrow between 8am-5pm. What a lie! It's all a FRAUD! I had to cancel my credit card and get a new card number because of this!

Jun 09, 2016 4:18 am

Was not notified of amount of product only a 14 day free trail for shipping only. Called and cancel with [protected] and told to send email to [email protected] Emails only returned. Call to vertify email address, told it was on my end. I will continue to find a way to speadk to someone who will be able to adjust my account, but I believe this company is a total scam.

N
Jun 09, 2016 4:18 am

I purchased the shipping charges to get a FREE Bottle of Nature Cleanse, in their own words "Now you can try Nature Cleanse For FREE! All you need to do is pay $5.95 Shipping and Handling - and then your free bottle of Nature Cleanse will be shipped ..."No where during the information, did they mention I was going to get CHARGED $88. per month, if I did not cancel the FREE TRAIL within 14 days.
After being put on hold (phone) for a total of 4 hrs. I decided to call and pretend I had questions on a purchase. They finally answer the phone. I was able to cancel any future charges, but they did not remove the $88.00 charged to me, for not canceling their FREE TRAIL bottle. Conveniently, Pure Nutrients Shipping Department from this product, “Nature Cleanse” did not include the DATE the product was shipped, which is important information, if one is to return this product within 14 DAYS.
When filling out the form to get my FREE Trail, there was no mention of future charges. This fine print was on another page, or you had to scroll down past some other vendors that were not related to Nature Cleanse. This company found a loop hole in the Bible and they are taking advantage of consumers.
After this experience I went searching for answers to see if perhaps I was that naïve, but I guess not. I found many other people that were scammed the same way.

W

this company charge to my credit card without authorization 88.00 dollars and I never order any thing from them because I dont know who is that company or persons...I never buy nothing by Internet because I know about a later company or people made fraud with the credit cards...If you can help me about that problem my bank is Bank of America here in NC...my e-mail is teide [email protected] want my money back and I dont wanted know nothing about those [email protected]@@@@####...THANKS.

B

I wanted to try the "trial" version of Nature Clense for $5.95 and received the product, used it, didn't notice any significant change. Am now trying to cancel all future "automatic" deliveries of the same product that is costing me a monthly charge of $94.00 that I can't afford. Not having much luck here. Can anyone help me?

Ordered and paid for shipping of sample product. Received the sample and did not want to buy product. When I tried to call and cancel, I would never get anyone to answer the phone. They kept me on hold and never picked up no matter how many times I tried. They have now debited my checking account for 181.95 for two shipments. I have never received the goods. Bank of America is looking into their scam and hopefully, I will get my money back. Do not buy from this company! They continue to bill for items you don't receive.

Jun 09, 2016 4:18 am

There needs to be a class action Law Suit filed against this company. They are charging people for product that they haven't even shipped. And this business of charging $88.00 for the product and then 93.75 monthly thereafter. These prices were not published that this was the cost of the product! Where do they get off. And this trial period in small print, is just a big joke! These people know clearly what they are doing! Scamming the public! Something needs to be done to shut them down. I will pesonally never order another thing on line again! From all the complaints I have read on line, it shouldn't be hard to get a class action law suit going for fraud!

F
Jun 09, 2016 4:18 am

I ordered Nature Cleanse to try thinking all I was going to be charged $5.95 and that was it. When I finally received the product I found out that I would be charged $88.00 after 14 days from the order date, not 14 days from the time I received the product. I didn't even get the prodoct in time to try it before they charged my credit card. I've been trying to reach them by phone with no luck. Does anyone know what you can do about this rip off? Fonda

E
Jun 09, 2016 4:18 am

Pure Nutrients Inc. offered a no risk offer on their product and 2 week free trial, but by the time I received the product it was at the 12 day mark. They signed me up for auto reorder and took 88.00 from my account without my consent and would not help me when I called them. The product can be bought anywhere for about 10.00 and everything about this company says scam. I sent the unopened product back. We all should get together and put this guy out of business.

L

I ordered Nature Cleanse in May online. I did not receive the product until June 16, 2009. Upon receiving this product the statement terms and conditions (this is the first time I ever saw these terms and conditions, they are not on webpage for Free offer only $ 4.95 shipping and handling) are telling me that I am going to be billed $88.00 on the 15th day of my order. Well, apparently that is 15 days from the date in May. They billed my account only three days after receiving this product on June 19th, 2009. If I had known how expensive this product was I would never have gotten the free trial and definately not if I had known that they were going to take my money 3 days after receiving the product. WHAT HAPPENED TO MY 14 DAY TRIAL...SHOULD IT NOT BE FROM THE DAY I RECEIVE THE PRODUCT. THIS IS FRAUD! This type of fraudulant business practice must be stopped. If there is a group of people out there who want to pursue this...I say lets get a big lawsuit against this company. Did anyone else see Terms and Conditions before ordering free trial that you were going to be charged.
FREE TRIAL OFFER BUYER ...BEWARE.. THIS IS A SCAM.
ALL SUPERVISOR'S ARE IN A VIRTUAL 24 HOUR CORPORATE MEETING AND I AM SURE ALL CUSTOMER SERVICE REPS ARE ROBOTS. I HAVE NEVER BEEN MORE FRUSTRATED!

A
Jun 29, 2009 3:42 pm

Their product produced pain and gas that was unbearable. It also arrived just before their 15 day free trial period. It took at least a week for the problems to begin.

I received the next bottle at a charge of $93.95, but did not open it immediately as I was very ill and had been hospitalized.

Upon opening the envelope, I realized that they had charged the credit card again for a prduct I can not use. I've since cancelled future deliveries, but they would not allow me to return the bottle sent to me for a refund.

I was given an email address to make a claim to their company, but the email address doesn't connect. So now I'm at a lose as to what I can do to get my money back.

Oct 23, 2009 9:57 pm

They did not properly notify me of the 14 day trial period. The bill had a phone number that is DISCONNECTED so there was no way for me to contact them once I learned my trial was about to expire. I searched and searched and found the new phone number [protected]. When I called them they hastled me so much to stay on the program after I repeatedly them to cancel it. Very poor customer service and misleading information.

Aug 06, 2009 2:53 pm

ordered their free trial for $5.95 told them not interested in a mthly service. Saw mthly charges. Tried to call the 866 # posted. Can't get thru ever. Disputed with my bank. Won credit. Saw mthly charges again this time amt is even higher. the 866# posted on statemnt is missing the last 3 digits. Therefore can't call company direct. Will dispute again.

Jul 06, 2009 4:00 pm

I ordered the Nature Cleanse in May 28, 2009. I never received the shipment. I get a bottle saying it is my second shipment and they are so sure I'll like the product that they shipped another on June 11, 2009 and charged me $93.95. I have been billed $88.00 dollars for the first shipment and $93.95 for the second shipment. I spoke to an individual to cancel he said he couldn't process a refund and to contact this website. I will report this company to the Better Business Bureau and contact senators in New York and in Orange, CT. The is a scam!

Jul 18, 2009 11:52 am

If you get scammed from this company after accepting the 'free trial offer', act fast. Contact your bank and/or Credit card company to alert them of the unauthorized charges. Do this ASAP! The bank can
dispute the charges and thus not allowing any more funds released. Do not agree to receive any more shipments of their product. Keep a close eye on your account transactions and stay in touch with your bank. You will get charged for the $5.95, possibly stung for the $88.00, but you will put an end to the continuous charges from these
phony creeps!

Jul 26, 2009 1:27 am

I needed to loose weight so I thought I would give the Colon Cleanse a try. They said to try it for 15 days and if I liked it they would send me more every month. I didn't like it at all and had six weeks of extreme stomach cramps and total loss of control of my bowels. They will not answer the phone and put me on hold when I was calling long distance. Their e-mail was a no reply type. I was very sick for six weeks after taking the Nature Cleanse for five days. The first phone number on my credit card was not theirs but now I am being billed again and this time I did get the company but they don't answer on the weekend. I sent the first one back unopened as the package said guaranteed return. Now I am being billed again for something I don't want and no way to stop them. What do I do?

Jul 25, 2009 3:04 pm

THERE WAS A FREE ADD FOR COLON CLENSE CALLED NATURE CLENSE AND BECAUSE IT WENT ALONG WITH CELEBERITYS LIKE OPRA AND RACHEL RAY SO I THOUGHT IT WAS OK. WHEN I CALLED TO CANCEALED I WAS ON THE PHONE FOR 2 HOURS 2 TIMES AND FINNALY GAVE UP. WHEN I WENT TO THE WEBSITE IT HAD NO CONTACT TO CANCEAL OR TO EVEN TO TALK TO A REP... I DONT WANT THEM TO USE MY CREDIT INFO . I PAID THE 2.49 AND THEY ARE SAYING THEY ARE GOING TO BILL ME IF I DONT GIVE THEM A CALL WITHIN 12 DAYS OF THE FREE DAY OF DELIVER.BUT YOU CANT GET A HOLD OF THEM BECAUSE IT IS A SCAM... THEY MAKE IT SO YOU CANT GET A HOLD OF THEM AND THE ADDRESS IS WRONG TOO...I HAD SOMEONE CALL THE OTHER DAY AND SAID HE WAS FROM THE COMPANY AND THAT I NEEDED TO CONFIRM MY CREDIT CARD ITOLD HIM NO AND TO CANCEAL EVERTHING HE HAD AND NOT TO SEND ME ANYTHING ...IM SO SCARED THAT I HAVE TO CANCEAL MY CREDIT CARD AND GET A KNEW ONE...

Jun 24, 2009 11:28 am

I ordered this product on 5/31/09. I went on vacation. Started the product on the 15 of June, it made me sick. I called to cancel and request refund on 6/23/09. They said they would refund me 44.00 and that would be all. I am out 44.00. They said they would not refund the rest. They were rude. I asked to speak with supervisor. She was worthless and rude. She threatened to not return the 44.00 and charge me the full 88.00 ! What ever happened to the 30 day money back guarantee?

P
Jun 09, 2016 4:18 am

I ordered Nature Cleanse online and was charged the initial $4.95 for shipping. After receiving my credit card statement I noticed a charge for $93.95 for the next bottle of weight loss pills. I did not authorize the automatic monthly billing nor did I order any more pills. I contacted the company and was told that I could not get the charge removed from my credit card. I contacted my credit card company and told them I had a cancellation number and that I did not authorize any more charges.

J
Jun 09, 2016 4:18 am

They shipped Nature Cleanse on 5/6 but I did not receive for a week or more. When I received it, I started searching online (since that is how it got ordered) and could not find it. They billed me 5/20 for $88. I was not aware until I received my credit card bill this week (June 10). I was outof town for awhile, then I called on 6/5 and they had already billed me $90+ for another bottle which they said was already shipped (it has not been received as of 6/14), but said they would cancel further shipments (this was less than 30 days since the first online order for shipping & handling only). I plan to refuse this package and send the other unopened bottle back to them since I read about it and cannot take it. I also plan to ask Mastercard to reverse the charges for both bottles.

I signed up for a trial period of Nature cleanse and decided I probably shouldn't take it while breastfeeding so I tried to cancel and have been unable to reach the company. I have been on hold several times and once for an hour. I have now been charged the full $88 because I was unable to cancel within the required time. So even though I wanted to cancel within the 14 days I was unable to do so because no one would take my call. I will now have to cancel my card to avoid any further charges from this company.

Jun 09, 2016 4:18 am
Verified customer This comment was posted by a verified customer. Learn more

This company is totally dishonest. They do not include a date on their initial shipment document. Why? So they can charge your account and then tell you that they shipped or you received on a certain date - which is in fact INCORRECT. I received my shipment on 6/19; sent a written cancellation on 6/25. Today is 6/26 and lo and behold, my card was charged $89. How did six days turn into fourteen? I suppose their calendar is different from the rest of the world's! I wish I had checked out this site before I ordered this stuff. What a rip off! It sickens me to know how many people are being done this way. Needless to say, I am going through my bank and fighting this charge. I am also going to report this company to the Better Business Bureau. Buyers beware! This company is dishonest and the word "FRAUD" comes to mind!

S
Jun 09, 2016 4:18 am

I tried the product and found nothing of use with it. I have tried to call them to cancel numerous times and have never been able to get a person to answer...just music that is in a continuous loop. I have had to claim a dispute on the charge with my credit card company, have sent them a certified letter to stop them sending the product and charging my account the $93.95.

I am now sending a letter with documentation to the Connecticut Attorney General as I do not seem to have any recourse to stop these payments short of canceling my credit card.

Jun 22, 2009 2:26 pm

Ordered Nature Cleanse online on June 7 because the ad read "FREE TRIAL" and only pay $5.95 shipping and handling. Received the order on June 18, but did not open until Sunday, June 21, where I read the terms and conditions of the "FREE TRIAL" and found that I would get charged the price of $88 for this "FREE TRIAL" so I called the company and they weren't open on Sundays, so I called this morning on June 22 and was told that my credit card was already charge $88 because today was the 15th day. This company has the nerve to tell me my order date was Sunday, June 7 . . . a day they were NOT OPEN, and did not process my order until Monday, June 8, but I can't call them on the 14th day because THEY ARE NOT OPEN! But they can charge me on the next business day when I can reach them to cancel. THIS IS THE WORST OFFENSE OF AN ONLINE BUSINESS AND ADVERTISEMENT I HAVE SEEN! There is NOTHING FREE about this product!

Jun 09, 2016 4:18 am

Was receiving product via UPS called and cancelled still receiving product and being charged close to 100 dollars each shipment. Unable to reach company by phone always rings busy.

Jun 09, 2016 4:18 am

Cancelled my order after trying it for one week and it really was messing with my blood pressure! Dangerously high. They went ahead and billed my credit card $89.00 for another month's supply! Never received product and they did not credit my account as I asked them to!

M
Jul 10, 2009 8:58 pm

i order trial bottle of PURE NUTRIENTS and charged $88 on my credit account

J
Jun 24, 2009 3:25 pm

Based on BBB files, this business has a BBB Rating of F

K

I too ordered the free trial for the price of shipping only ($5.95). I ordered on 6/7/09. I even printed it out and it had the date on it. I was billed for $88 on 6/21/09. I never saw any disclaimer when ordering. Just that it was a 15 day trial. I did not read that I had 15 day from the date ordering to cancel anything. I was very surprised and disheartened to see the $88 charge to my checking account. The 1st time in my almost 35 years I bounced a check. By the way I also order the ACAI from ACAI NUTRABURST and was billed the same way, but for $74.95. I did call the Pure Nutrients 866 # and could not get through for days. When I finally reached someone, she gave me nothing but attitude. She argued with me and told me I ordered on 6/7/09. I was told they don't give refunds. She gave me the same email address they give everyone... The one that doesn't exist. She hung up on me and I called back to get JENNY this time and got the same attitude form her. I have no idea if my order has been canceled or not. This girl too hung up on me. I have no clue what else to do. I can't afford this and I'm sure most of us can't. I would beg for a refund, but I'm sure it wouldn't work. HOW CAN YOU PEOPLE SLEEP AT NIGHT. I am going to write to OPRAH and DR. OZ. They're the ones who promoted these products. I suggest you all do the same.

R
Jun 09, 2016 4:18 am

I accepted a free 14 day free trial offer from this company on May 25th. I received the product on the 30th of May. My 14 days of free trial would have been up on the 12th of June. I tried to contact them on the 8th both via phone and email. The office was closed and I could find no email address for them on their billing statement. I called on the 9th and they said my account had already been charged $88. I was furious. This product made me throw up 3 times and gave me diahreah. I demand my money be refunded immediately. This is the first time I have ordered anything over the internet and I will never do it again. How can you be trying something you haven't received!? That is riciculous! Please respond immediately or I will have my attorney investigate this company and your practices thoroughly!

Rae Booher
7343 Hannegan Rd. #11
Lynden. WA 98264

I received a bottle of Nature Cleanse on June 6, 2009. Because I am on thyroid replacement for no thyroid I have to check with my doctor on any thing I take out of the ordinary. Upon taking the bottle to the doctor and getting the advice not to take it, I called the number listed and told them my circumstances and asked where I could send this back that I would like to cancel. The young lady advised me I was a day late. I had 14 days from the day I ordered the product to cancel.. I reminded her that the terms say 14 day free trial but also a risk free 14 day money back guarantee.. I ordered this product on May 31, 2009. I have the package here in front of me and the date on the postmark arriving at the post office is June 5th . How can anyone count mailing time as part of the 14 days ? We're talking about a week of postal time. Any way I tried to process with this person, I do not have $ 88.00 laying around just to throw away on something I cannot use. And further more the bottle will have been in my possession 14 days on the 19th of June ( in two days )
Do you know of anything else I can do to get a refund as the person told me the $88.00 was deducted from my account on the 14th ?
Before coming to this web page I wrote a letter stating my concerns and along with it sent a copy of the front of the package with the post mark on it very clearly marked June 5, 2009.

I ordered the nature cleanse on a 14 day trial basis. It arrived 7 days later. When I contacted the company customer service to cancel they informed me that I was too late. the trail period actually started the day I ordered not approximate arriva date. I would like a refund of the full amount.

No where in their ad is a 14 day free trail. on the 15th day you get charged $89.00. The time starts the day you place the order, not the day you receive them. They are a fraud and scam artist.

Jun 21, 2011 2:49 am

Natures Cleanse, by Pure Nutrients is a total scam and rip off. I saw a few months ago these products being sold on SOCIALSTEALS.com. I started to investigate, and months later I found out who was behind this scam. The name of the company is Intermark Media, now IMM Interactive ( www.imminteractive.com). The president of this company is Mike Krongel, who ran this scam, using his affiliate network to dupe consumers to buying his product, who I found out is now being sued by the FTC, for false advertising and promoting these scam products: http://www.ftc.gov/os/caselist/1023232/index.shtm . The number to the company is: [protected]. They were behind Pure Nutrients, as well as many other scam products such as Eternal ResV, which I also saw them selling on Socialsteals.com. Report them to the BBB, FTC, and your Attorney General, and stop them from doing this ever again. The FTC is already taking them down, but I’m sure our complaints can only help their case. Pure Nutrients SCAM! Intermark Media SCAM ! IMM Interactive SCAM ! Social Steals / Socialsteals.com SCAM !

ADVERTISIMENT

Learn how the rating is calculated

30 complaints