puppies234.comRude puppy breeders

I had ben searching online for toy breed puppies and came across this website. WWW.PUPPIES234.com. It seemed legitimate and like a good place to buy a puppy, and the prices were reasonable. The breeders and secretary work out of their homes and ask that you only call between 10 am and 9 pm and no calls on holidays. My first phone call was to find out if indeed they were legitimate and what the process was to purchase a puppy. The woman who answered the phone was very abrupt and cold...she told me to call back after I picked out a puppy from the website. On 9/2/08 new puppies were posted on the website. My 7 year old daughter fell in love with an adorable 10 week old yorkie/poodle mixed named Betty. At approximately 4:30 pm I made a phone call regarding the dog..the same nasty woman answered and before I could get my complete sentence out she "huffed" and told me rudley that I "would have to call back in 5 minutes" so I waited and called back..this time she got even nastier..she huffed and puffed again and RUDELY said "I'm on my way out you'll have to call back after 5:30" so I politely asked if this was the only number I could call & she said "yes" again really nasty..I was so angry at this point (b/c all I wanted to do was get information about purchasing one of the dogs) so I said "Can I ask another question, why are you being so rude to me?" So she replied "Then don't buy a dog from us, how do you like that?" Well I was fuming at this point! I understand that they are working out of their homes and that life gets in the way...but she could have politely told me that she was busy and asked politely for me to call back or took my number so that she could call back when she had a moment. they also have an answering machine, so if she was so busy she couyld have let the machine answer. So after I hung up I had to explain to my 7 year old that we could not get the dog. She cried for almost an hour, then she disassembled the little "area" she set up for the dog to sleep in. She begged me to try again...I told her we would look for another dog, but she had her heart set on Betty. So I swallowed my pride and called back around 7:30 pm. I got the same woman..she was again very cold, and she took my information and told me that the dog was mine and she would call back after she had dinner to go over everything. Later that evening my husband was on the phone & someone from puppies234.com called back and left a message. Her name was Diana Colella, and she basically told me that because "I" was rude to her secretary they didn't want to sell me the dog. She told me that she threw out my information and that I should go elsewhere. My complaint about this organization is that they have animals that they are trying to sell to good homes, but yet they aren't courteous enough to even give out information regarding these dogs. This was a horrible experience, and my daughter is crushed!! I would not recommend this website to anyone!!!

• Ri
    Rita Simmons Jun 26, 2012

We're getting our little guy this weekend. A sweetie little Morkie! The person I've been dealing with has been very nice and never once rude to me. I work in a customer service oriented type of job and customers can be rude and demanding (you all know who you are)! LOL! It takes a whole lot of "tongue biting" sometimes to not let it rip on customers. People, put yourself in this lady's shoes and speak to people the way you would want them to speak to you. Take your time and choose your words carefully. If you are having a bad day, don't call someone and try to conduct business. Think about it...you might get better results! Can't wait to meet the new baby! Thanks Puppies234.com!!

Rita Simmons, Waldorf, MD

misshazel3126 Jun 08, 2012

my friend told me about this place and i emailed someone and she got back to me rite away i thought she was very funny and down to earth made me laugh even i am going to get a dog from them soon i just have to find the rite one and sometimes people have long days and some of you should give her a break esp if she is working from her own personal home so you should be very patient with her

• Va
    VANiE O2 Aug 13, 2011

I JUST FOUND OUT ABOUT THIS WEBSITE TODAY AND IF "DEE'S" ATTITUDE IS THE ONLY THING PEOPLE ARE COMPLAINING ABOUT THEN I DONT SEE A PROBLEM...MY CONCERN IS THE HEATLH OF THE PUPPIES! THE WEBSITES AND PLACES THAT I HAVE SEEN AND BEEN TO HAVE BEEN HORRIBLE I'VE READ REVIEWS THAT PEOPLE HAVE SPENT TONS OF MONEY ON PUPPIES AND NOT EVEN A WEEK LATER THEY WERE EITHER IN THE HOSPITAL WITH THEM OR THE DOGS WERE DEAD! SO I HOPE THAT THIS IS MY LAST STOP AND THAT MY PUPPY SEARCH IS OVER!!

• Al
    Alliefrei Jun 09, 2011

I do not know who Martha is and how she is connected to dee but her responses to me were the rudest I have ever seen in my life and then she threatened to report my email address bc I asked if she had a puppy in my price range. Glad we didn't do business.

• Ex
    ExellentJob Mar 22, 2011

Add : I just went to the above posted link about this being an F business and that really made me laugh... There was 2 ( TWO) complaints in 36 (!) months that is THREE years, and none of them even had anything to do with the Puppies. So maybe before you post this nonsense, trying to pick in crumbs to bash someone you should actually read the stuff, before you post it. ...just saying... funny too, how the people that talk the most trash here, all post anonymously, you are probably breeders that are running these Super Kennels, selling your Puppies for $3000 Dollars each, claiming you are not into making any money, that's a laugh. Then you stick your Puppies on planes, never meeting the people you are actually selling to ( cause you care so much ).
    Enough said.

• Ex
    ExellentJob Mar 22, 2011

I have gotten a puppy from 234 puppies and I must say, I can not in the least agree with the complaints about rudeness. My first call was answered by their voicemail, as stated all calls are. I was called back about 5 minutes later and spoke to a very nice lady, she was pleasant and explained to me about their procedures, gave me all sorts of info about "my" Puppy, where he is coming from, what food he is currently eating and what I will need to have at the house, in order for them to even leave the Puppy with me. Which is a good indicator, that they care about the dogs in my opinion.
    I also saw complaints about Puppies that were dehydrated, well it CLEARLY states on their website that small breeds are very prone to this and it happens FAST, and often. To have pedialyte for your puppy and keep a close eye on it, to make sure it eats and drinks, as they can get dehydrated in just 8 hours, it explains about diseases, that are common and tells you that it is common for them to have Earmites and sometimes worms, even though they all have been wormed. ( all puppies have worms, actually ). So, if you have all this info and still decide to get a tiny dog, versus a big breed Puppy than you know the risks and that is your choice, don't complain later, that you didn't know any of this as there is pages of this info on the site.
    Anyways, enough of my rant, I really just wanted to say that the Lady I spoke to was nothing but sweet and helpful. I spoke to her for almost an hour.

• Mr
    MRoberts1221 Feb 08, 2011

Wow! I wouldn't go so far to call this site a puppy mill, but something is seriously wrong. The entire site is insulting and quite childish. No one with a successful business makes being rude to potential customers a habit. If its such a stress to answer the phone, might I suggest enlisting some help. I understand you would want to place puppies in a proper home but using intimidation and embarassment isn't the correct way to do so. I was considering buying a dog from here, now I think I'll just go pay the extra money to get one from a local breeder. I suggest everyone else consider buying local. ( Oh and also having USDA certification being your only defense against being a puppy mill is the first red flag of a PUPPY MILL)
    -anonymous in NC (I sure would hate to end up on that ugly site, not that I wish to purchase from them)

• Fi
    Fixerman Jan 30, 2011

I got 2 puppies from pupies234.com/diana colella, they were beutiful and I loved them from day 1. The little one a yorkie/[censored]zu started having problems almost immediately, and I gave it pedialyte and dog food and took it to the vet, did everything I could then the little punkin started to vomit, I brought it to the animal hospital and both her and her sister-a [censored]zu-maltese tested positive for parvovirus and I was told they would not survive and had to be euthanized. After I started researching this I found out what the strong smell from them and their feces was--it was the virus, and this was present from day 1. These little dogs never had a chance, my family is devistated. When I reported this to puppies 234 they said they must have got it from my place, they have no problems, see you later. The vet is giving me a letter that attests to the fact that they had it beforeI got them. WOW, I cant believe it they dont want to stand behind their dogs. I checked online and found that there is an alert in new jersey for an outbreak of parvovius in december at puppies234/diane colella. They dont want to pay and are trying to say it was my fault, they are lying!! Do not buy puppies from these people!! They are not to be trusted, the vet doesnt think they got the shots they said they gave them.

Anonymous0111 Jan 12, 2011

Please read the Pennsylvania Dog Purchaser Protection Act (Puppy Lemon Law). http://home.paonline.com/pfdc/ACT27S.HTM

The woman running this operation is based in Pennsylvania. Her name is Diana Colella and she also goes by "Dee." If you check the Better Business Bureau's web site, you will see that she was previously operating under a different business name of Kinzua Puppies and had an "F" rating:

It is the same person, now doing business as Puppies234.com

These health guarantees under the Dog Purchaser Protection Act apply when the purchaser's veterinarian declares that the newly purchased dog is "Unfit for Purchase" . "Unfit for Purchase" means any disease, deformity, injury, physical condition, illness or any defect which is congenital or hereditary and which severely affects the health of the animal or which was manifest, capable of diagnosis or likely to have been contracted on or before the sale and delivery of the animal to the consumer.
    Buyer must notify seller of vet's examination within 2 business days of exam. All of this is important. If you buy one of these dogs and it's sick, you need to immediately get it to a vet and then you have two days to contact the seller about the diagnosis to have a chance of getting any of your money back. The law also only allows you to receive "up to the puchase price" of the dog. Anything beyond that, you'll have to sue for.

There are so many dogs/puppies in shelters across this country that need homes, many of which are pure bred or a mix you may like. If you go to Petfinder.com, you can type in the breed you are looking for as well as your zip code and it will pull up dogs that fit that criteria in shelters closest to you. Please consider adopting a shelter dog instead of buying.

• Lo
    lovemybigdaddy Jan 08, 2011

Don't buy a puppy from these people. God forbid an emergency happens they end up listing all of your information on the dishonorable page. My husband had a massive heart attack and dies the day before I was supposed to have delivery. I am so sorry that I could not balance my children and now my late husband and coordinate having a new puppy delivered. I would think at least people would have a hear. RIP my love

JULIE ELIZABETH DALEY Nov 17, 2010

thanks so much!

JULIE ELIZABETH DALEY Nov 16, 2010

Im looking for a maltese in the new england area...having so much trouble!

who is your breeder?

JULIE ELIZABETH DALEY Nov 14, 2010

oh ya and 1 more thing...she happens to be a liar as well. She puts herself up here as "mr operator" answering a very clever comment about her income and whatnot ...she replys with "im not the owner im just the operator" she absolutely is the owner..her and her husband steve! just go look on the better business bureau website. shady shady shady

JULIE ELIZABETH DALEY Nov 14, 2010

I KNOW THESE PPL RUNNING THIS HALF ASSED PUPPY MILL PROB WONT CARE...I KNOW THEY READ THESE REVIEWS AND I WANT THEM TO KNOW WHAT I THINK OF THEM. I AM LOOKING FOR A PUPPY FOR MY CHILDREN..I WAS SERIOUSLY CONSIDERING BUYING FROM THIS WEBSITE AS THE PRICES WERE VERY REASONABLE...I READ BASICALLY THE ENTIRE WEBSITE AND REALLY DIDN'T KNOW WHAT TO MAKE OF IT. THE RULES THAT YOU WILL BE TESTED ON...THE [censor]ING ABOUT PPL BOTHERING THEM WITH STUPID QUESTIONS OR PHONE CALLS...THE UNHONORABLE PAGE (THATS NOT EVEN A WORD) WITH PPLS PHONE NUMBERS AND NAMES I MEAN IS THAT EVEN LEGAL??? IT SEEMED LIKE WHOEVER RAN THIS SITE WAS RUDE, COLD, AND QUITE FRANKLY VERY IMMATURE. I SAW THESE HORRIBLE REVIEWS...PUT TOGETHER THAT THEY CLAIM THE PUPPIES ARE RAISED IN THEIR HOMES BUT THEN STATE THAT THE PUPS COME FROM VARIOUS BREEDERS IN THE AREA . THEY ADMIT SOME OF THE BREEDERS AREN'T LICENSED B/C THEY DONT BREED ENOUGH PUPPIES TO BECOME LICENSED..CASH ONLY...NO PAPER TRAIL?? DO THEY EVEN GIVE YOU A RECEIPT? THE BETTER BUSINESS BUREAU GIVES THEM A 7 OUT OF 1-7 RATING 7 BEING THE WORSE WITH 2 COMPLAINTS THAT PUPPIES234 NEVER BOTHERED RESPONDING TO.THEY EVEN HAVE A HORROR STORIES PAGE THAT ADMITS THEY HAVE SOLD VERY SICK DOGS AND BLAMED THE OWNERS...THEY ALSO SAY WHEN YOU RECEIVE A SICK PUPPY WE AREN'T GOING TO PAY EAST COAST PRICES FOR VET BILLS WHEN THE VETS IN THEIR AREA ARE CHEAPER AND THEY HAVE NO PROBLEM SAYING THEY HAVE MADE NUMEROUS MISTAKE IN DELIVERING THE WRONG DOGS, SICK DOGS, DOUBLE SELLING A DOG, THEY CLEARLY HIDE BEHIND NOTHING BUT THIS KIND OF BUSINESS IS DISPICABLE ...SOUNDS SO SHADY IT'S DISGUSTING.THEY FUMBLE AROUND THEIR WORDS..CONTRADICT THEMSELVES AND POINT FINGERS...HOW DO YOU PUT ALL OF THIS STUFF ON A WEBSITE??? THEY ARE BEING PROACTIVE IN WEEDING OUT ANYONE WHO MAY CALL THEM WITH TOO MANY QUESTIONS..MAY SOUND LIKE A HASSLE OR MAY WASTE THEIR TIME. IAT THE END OF THE DAY. THE WORST PART IS THEY DONT GIVE 2 [censor] IF YOU BY A DOG FROM THEM OR NOT..AND IF YOU ARE IN ANYWAY ANYTHING LESS THEN KISSING THEIR [censor] THEY WILL JUST SCREAM OUT "THEN DON'T BUY FROM US' OR SIMPLY HANG UP IN YOUR FACE.THE REASON THEY DONT CARE IS B/C OF THE PPL WHO CONTINUE TO BUY DOGS FROM THEM JUST TO GET THEM CHEAPER...SEEMINGLY NOT DOING THEIR HOMEWORK...NOT WORRIED IF THIS PLACE IS IN FACT A PUPPY MILL...THEY JUST WANT TO SAVE A BUCK! CMON PPL THAT'S KIND OF SHAMEFUL...KEEP YOUR DIGNITY AND TAKE YOUR BUSINESS ELSEWHERE...IF ENOUGH PPL DID THEN THEY WOULD BE OUT OF BUSINESS EVENTUALLY. IF DEE IS LIKE THIS ON HER WEBSITE..AND SCARED US AWAY FROM EVEN CALLING...I WONDER HOW SHE WOULD BE IN PERSON..I WONDER HOW SHE TREATS THE DOGS EVEN! THERE WAS A PART IN HER WEBSITE THAT SAID IF YOU THINK WE ARE A PUPPY MILL CLICK THE X ON THE TOP OF THE PAGE AND IT WILL SEND YOU TO OUR COMPLAINTS DEPARTMENT...WELL WE TOOK YOUR ADVICE AND CLICKED OFF YOUR WEBSITE..MAYBE ONE LESS SALE WONT BOTHER YOU SEEING AS THOUGH YOU DON'T GIVE A [censor] ABOUT YOUR CUSTOMERS..BUT IF EVERYONE DID THE SAME MAYBE IT WOULD MAKE A STATEMENT. I'M GOING TO SHELL OUT THE $900 AND GO WITH A REPUTABLE LICENSED BREEDER.

• Re
    red-tiger95 Oct 25, 2010

In my entire life, I had never filed a complaint about anyone or any company. This company is DEFINATELY one to stay away from. I simply asked a question about the pictures on the website. She snapped at me and hung up on me. This woman is either extremely overworked or just plain rude (Dee). No matter what the deal might be, I'll never deal with them again. Please save your breath and not have your day ruined just because you decided to ask questions about some puppies. It's not worth it!

• Gr
    groomer2134 Oct 01, 2010

You guys are a buisness! I am doing research on purchasing a puppy from you and it seems like a horrible desicion.Not because of the complaints people are making but because of the way you guys are "greeting" confrontation. I f your operater isnt rude or confrontational she wouldnt be on here swearing or telling people off. What kind of buisness is this? You are making yourself look bad. I own my own buisness. I am a groomer. Own my own salon and it has been flourishing since my open in 2003. I get 320 calls a day. 245 of them calls are just questions. 100 of those questions are not related to grooming ie: where can i purchase a dog. Do you sell puppies. STupid things but people do ask them. Do I come back with WHAT IN THE WORLD WHY WOULD YOU ASK THAT DONT YOU READ THIS IS MY STORE YOUR WASTING MY TIME. No that would be piontless and diminish me as a owner. No matter what or who is on the other line every call is a way to make your buisness grow! If you are rude to even that 1 negligent caller in the end, it hurts you. You are the buisness. They make your buisness. I am just shocked with the way you guys are handling your "situation" with these people. Just from this I will not be purchasing a puppy from you and when my guests come in and ask me if i have any information on a place to purchase puppies i am not going to suggest you. I f your operator (who just answers the phone), {by the way this is your job or what you sighned up for learn to deal with it} is this confrontational to the public, what great things do you have in your buisness. I havent even called. I have been to the website. but looking at the way you guys are handling your reviews. It is disgusting. It is sad and pathetic!!! Dee how do start with " to everyone bored today here is my response' how bored are you?? Shouldnt you be answering the phone calls that you always place on hold or tell them to get back to you. You are just an example of a lady who enjoys power and tries to abuse it. Despicable. Glad you are just the operator and not the (shouldnt be so proud) owner! This is very unfortunate because your website is so sincere. But the way you guys are handlng buisness just by reviews shows me what i can expect to come from within. This is coming from a buisness owner. I know and understand what you go thru. But nothing stoops to this. I would have loved to have done buisness with you, but you guys have diminished your own appearance. Specially when the "owner" (if indeed it was the owner) had something to say. You being the owner should only apologize to these people for whatever happened.Regardless with who was being rude to who. It is called buisness etiquette.

• Li
    lilconnie Sep 01, 2010

I am waiting for the arrival of my new household member this weekend.
    Brief and to the point:
    1. Kennel cough- gimme a break...any dog traveling in kennels in close proximity can get that! Easy to treat. I have other pets here and will be monitoring all of them very carefully.
    2. Rude- yes she is snippy. The website and voice message threw me back for a second. Could she sell more puppies if she were nicer, maybe. But she is doing a great job of weeding out the overly sensitie and whiners! And don't forget all the people who have these puppies sent out to them and then refuse to answer the door. NOW THAT IS CRUEL!
    3. The delivery girl is just a doll and truly has the puppies best interest. As for selling these puppies to anyone, no. The delivery people can and should refuse people and take the puppies back. And if the puppy looks so sick...duh...don't take it!
    4. Puppy Mill- Think about that. Most people are complaining about her rudeness, not the many, many diseases the puppies would have if they were from a puppy mill! Especially genetic disorders and the puppies looking like other breeds. Some of you are so ignorant. And the biggest bunch of whiners and exageraters! As for the parvo and distemperment complaints...that is just such a malicious accusation. That would mean the puppies didn't have their puppy vaccinations and the parents would be extremely ill or dead. If it's true, then list your veternarians name and phone number. I want to call him/her.
    5. If you don't want to deal with the rudeness and your poor child is so heartbroken that you can't stand it, then pay the big bucks for a local breeder! Where do you live that you can't find a small dog? No, you were on the site because they are very affordable. Be honest. And stop spending all this time bashing a person because they weren't as courteous as you think they should be. Grow up! Hang up the phone, don't do business with them and leave it at that.

Michelle L Gaynor Aug 25, 2010

Michelle Gaynor again here. I purchased a second puppy 2 weeks after the first again using Puppies123. Kilea was the puppy's name, now it is Cinnamon she is a silky Yorkie. I was told when I made the purchase that she had been operated on for a hernia. This was fine with me. A few hrs after entering my home Cinnamon was coughing up a storm, was feverish and yet was still eating and drinking. The cough and sleepiness concerned me so I took her to the vet near by. Turns out our puppy had kennel cough, had developed URI and upon examination had a second un diagnosed hernia on the other side of where they removed the first one prior to my purchase. Do I still recommend puppies 123?? YES I do very much. I called Dee and emailed with her. She was apologetic even though she did not need to be, these things happen and it is not her fault in any way. Her attitude was helpful and polite. She offered to cover the cost of the medications and the hernia removal! She asked to see pictures of Cinnamon because it had been a while. Over all Dee was again wonderful to us. Cinnamon passed her cough to our first puppy Riah but this was easily taken care of by asking the vet for a second prescription. Kennel cough can pass easily through pets so I knew to watch for it. Both puppies are thriving, doing well and are the best of friends! I am so pleased with the puppies and the service that our family has gotten. You bet I would still recommend them to everyone that I know. Dee if you do read this..thank you for completing our family. You are an exceptional person. Never let these negative comments get to you, you know how and who you are and that is all that matters. Your puppies are well cared for and presentable when they arrive. The people who delivered the puppies were happy to see Riah again and happy that I was a second time buyer so Cinnamon would have some one to grow up with. Your all good people and I will always appreciate all that you have done for us. Thanks again!

Michelle Gaynor Jul 28, 2010

Dee was awesome to me, our puppy is great. I am a person leaving a nice comment. Let me guess I must be DEE? No think agan. I am Michelle Gaynor from RI who got a puppy recently from the site. The layout of the site may state that you should not stalk or be rude to them when you call. And they have every right to say that, it says right on the site that it interferes with other customers! If you read the site you would know exactly why it says that. For our benefit so we have a better chance of getting through and for the site owners benefit of not having any negative issues with a customer. What is wrong with that? Nothing. Dee is very firm and direct when she speaks. She is not selling you a sandwich she is selling you a puppy, a living thing that should be let go in to the right hands. Obviously those are not your hands. Grow up, get over it, go buy from a puppy mill who could care less because it seems that is what your looking for.

• Lo
    Lorraine Tribble Jul 12, 2010

I purchased a puppy from them. I did not have a problem with the girl who answered the phone. Dee call me later that night and we talked for a few minutes.

I am sure some would say she is rude, but i found her to direct and to the point.

She called again to give me the delivery date and time. A wonderful women brought my Sophie to me and she went over everything.

My Sophie is a wonderful peekapoo and we just love her. She is very friendly social with other dogs, and loves my granddaughters who are the ages of 4 and 16.

I called there to buy a dog, not to make friends. It is a business.

Happy in Newport, Rhode Island. THANKS DEE

• Do
    dog lover72 Jun 03, 2010

Seriously... even if the good posts were equal to the bad posts the site itself speaks for these "business" people. The site is not professional and reads as very "personally charged". Numerous negative statements about how not to bother them. Get a seperate line with voicemail and turn off the ringer at the end of your work day. Don't go on and on about "stalkers" because you make yourself look bad. People/consumers looking to make a purchase don't want to hear your belly aching. I went to your site and after reading all the rules I needed to memorize before calling you is when I decided to look up your name in a search to see what came up. The outlay of your site is the reason I am not calling. The negative comments justs solidifies my choice as a good one.
    Stop sounding like the majority of your callers annoy you and make it more inviting. I bet your income would increase. I highly doubt all these puppies are coming from various breeders around various states. It makes no sense for them (if they exist) to have you (a middle man) handle transactions.
    Just because a website says "raised in our home" doesn't mean it's not a mill. I went to a place in Mass that advertised this. They had over 200 puppies in an oversized basement. Red flag when a seller lists more than 10 pups for sale of various breeds.
    I'll look elsewhere... the website puppies234.com speaks volumes that the consumer needs to follow alot of rules not to piss off these sellers.

• Si
    SICKOFPUPPYMILLS May 18, 2010

SHUT UP "DEE"!!! YOU ARE PHYCHOTIC and ANYONE letting YOU answer their phone is just as bad as you are!!! What is your problem you NAZI, PMS HAG?????????????

• Li
    Lifestooshort Mar 29, 2010

She cannot even type or speak properly and her website speaks for itself. She has about five different made up identities, not including every single one on here that speaks positively about her site. She is ready to call you a liar before you even pick up the phone. She has clearly chosen to become the lowest class a human being can be. Do not let her into your home or your lives. Look at how many bad comments are on here, all the same experiences. Then look at the quality of the positive feed back comments. Very obvious.

• Pe
    Peter Givens Mar 25, 2010

DEE GO SEE PYSCHOLOGIST BECAUSE YOU HAVE MULTIPLE PERSONALITY DISORDER. Every single post of someone defending puppies234.com sounds like the website content, .. Suprise Suprise Dee. you dont fool anyone, i am sad the puppies must deal with you

Jamie85 Mar 14, 2010

I think whos ever writeing these complaints is being a total drama queen and need to really get a life .I bought a puppie named LiL Bit and shes the best puppy you could ever ask for, they def are not puppy mills, you can tell you really dont have a clue.Your just mad cause it sounds like you were stalking and were annoying y would anyone wanna sell a puppie to some like that i think your nuts.I had very good Experience with puppies234 and i would def get a puppy from them again .I think that they were all very helpful and professional, but you know there is always gonna be haters and you all SUCK

• Ha
    HATE THAT PUPPYMILL 1209 Oct 12, 2009

Ok first of all idk where ur from dont actually care but around here on sundays there is no emergency vet opened on a sunday. So monday would be the next available day to bring. And when he did go to the vet he stayed there. We were so excited to get the puppy that we didnt start noticing things that were wrong until after they left. And if u could actually read u would have saw that i wrote that i did call the breeders and they werre very rude about the whole situation didnt care at all and hung up. and coccidia can be life threating because the puppy can die of dehydration. No one knows how long this puppy was sick for and obviously any other dogs can get it because now every dog in the house is very sick. And if u didnt get a puppy from them then what in gods name does this have to do with u, how about trying to mind ur own buisness. And if i had something to hide then i wouldnt have gave my number for people to call. I know i am right so try minding your own lady!!!

• Am
    Amber Oct 12, 2009

Well the first thing i would like to say is obviously you do not read very well either because i said you shouldnt of accepted the puppy in the first place if it were sick and i also stated that there are emergency vets that you also should have brought the dog to if you had that big of a problem. And the website used to list all of their problems so did you ever think to call them and tell them that the cost of the puppies bill was this much and youd like your money returned? Obviously youre hideing something by the way you reacted to my comment. When i stated it cost me 36 dollars for womers that was correct your Vet is an overcharging ###. My vet sets up a "puppy package" which most vets do where you dont pay for the fecal testing. The only bill they should have gave you was for the IV which is your fault since you waited 3 days to bring him in and the take home medicine. Your so called baby i highly doubt almost died if hes at your house already and did not stay at the vet. The thing that bothers me when people call them a puppy mill is if you knew anything youd know these puppies would have WAYYYY more problems if they were from a mill. Coccidia is very treatable and not life threatening if you take care of it the right way... theres no reason to get as rude as you are unless you know youre wrong...

• Ha
    HATE THAT PUPPYMILL 1209 Oct 12, 2009

i did bring my puppy to the vet as soon as could.i did not know what he had.as far as the cost y dont u think about the sick office visit the fecal matter test that has to be sent out for testing the iv of water cause he was dehydrated the medicine he recieved at the vet the medicine to bring home and the wormer they gave him it all adds up dont u think ###!!!AND I AM NOT DUMB I GAVE HIM WATER WITH A SYRINGE AND WENT TO THE PET STORE TO GET HIM A BUNCH OF STUFF TO FEEL BETTER UNTILL I COULD GET HIM TO A VET SO U CAN KEEP YOUR f***ING MOUTH SHUT.the vet said i kept my baby alive by doing what i did.and it is not my fault he almost died its puupies234's fault .THEY ARE NOTHING BUT A PUPPY MILL!!!I KEPT THE PUPPY ANY WAY CAUSE I LOVED HIM I LOVED HIM ENOUGH TO SAVE HIM.AND AS FAR AS BEING "RESPONSIBLE" MY OTHER CHIHUAHUA IS 6 YEARS OLD AND HAS NEVER HAD ANYTHING LIKE THAT UNTILL THOSE "PUPPY MILL BREEDERS" BROUGHT ME THAT SICK LITTLE BABY..SO YOU CAN GO F*** YOURSELF AMBER...

• Am
    Amber Oct 11, 2009

Ok we bought our dog a while ago from them and had no problem and we actually got a MinPin (not from them) about a month ago now and she had coccidia aswell and it cost me 36 dollars to fix and they was for wormers... Also we have 2 other dogs who did not catch it but the vet said if they did to just come in and pick up wormers for them aswell. So your vet is charging you WAY to much if it cost you 300 per dog. And no offense but youre dumb for letting the dog stay in that condition for 3 days!!! and why did you accept the puppy in the first place if it looked skinny and sick?!?!?! thats makes no sense what so ever. So if your dog almost died thats your fault for not being responsible and taking it to an emergency vet or the vet the Monday after you got it. So just talking from experience you need to switch vets and be more repsonsible :)

• Pi
    pissedoffcustomer52989 Oct 11, 2009

I also have a story about puppies234. My sister bought a puppy from them about a week ago. The first day or so the puppy was already showing signs that he was sick and the people saw that we had other dogs when he got here he was very dehydrated underweight and not puppy like. By the third day he wasnt eating or drinking basically he was dieing. My sister has to now pay a 300 dollar vet bill. On the website where it says that puppies may get coccidia it does not say that other dogs can catch it. So now my sisters other dog has it aswell as my two dogs. So that is another 900 dollars we have to pay so our dogs dont die. When i called this puppies234 to inquire about why they do not metion this on there website the operator was a snob very rude and uncaring about the other dogs. So my opinion to anyone that wants to buy a puppy from these people DONT!!! They are nothing but a PUPPY MILL and they do not care about the lives of thier "babies" all they care about is the MONEY!! If anyone has questions please call [protected] and to the operator and breeders DO NOT CALL MY HOUSE AGAIN. The first pic is when we first got the puppy all of his bones are sticking out and was never in the mood to play always wanted to sleep and very dehydrated. The second pic is of him all better and he keeps getting better everyday so for that i am thankful not thanks to puppies234.

• Yo
    Yorkie lover Aug 02, 2009

I haven't dealt with them personally, but it seems pretty obvious that it is a puppy mill. They use a lot of smoke and mirrors to fool people. For example, if you go pick up the dog in person, it seem like a clean nice loving family. That is most likely not where the puppy was. It was probably dropped off there the day before your arrival. Even the way they drop them off. It's like an assembly line. What reputable company drops off dogs at 6AM or 10PM? And who delivers 28 dogs in one weekend? Sophisticated puppy mills.

For those of you looking for a small breed puppy like me, be patient and a healthy puppy from a breeder will not cost $250. Trust me!

As for Dee, she should be ashamed of herself. Get a home office, with a home office phone and turn the ringer on at 10AM and off at 9AM. It's THAT SIMPLE. But then that would be too easy. I guess you can keep pissing people off. That will only bring more attention to your disgusting illegal operation. I hope that you are shut down and the puppies are saved. Your payback will come for what you are doing.

MaryEM Aug 02, 2009

My name is Mary, and in June I purchased a puppy from puppies234.com. Under the refunds, you'll see in June a pup that had congestive heart failure. That was my original puppy. We bought a yorkie mix puppy for my 17 year old daughter's birthday, and chose Charlotte. She was so little and cute we couldn't resist! When she came to us that Saturday, even after a 10 hour drive, she was nice and clean, and very happy. By Sunday night she was vomiting, and was very weak, so we brought her to the vet. The vet told us she had a genetic heart disorder, and that it would cost $300 just for the test to find out why. When we got home we called Dee right away. She understood we were upset, and was extremely kind and helped us deal with the situation. We saw on the website a Shihtese named Angel that my daughter had also fell in love with, and actually before had been trying to decided between the yorkie mix or shihtese, so we asked if we could switch out the dogs the next weekend. Dee was gracious and allowed us to do so, and was genuinely excited for us and told us how wonderful Angel was of a dog. Sadly, on Friday, the night before Toni arrived, Charlotte died in her sleep due to the heart disorder. The poor thing was so sick, but it was nothing Dee or anyone else could have prevented, only the elderly breeder. Though we wish this could have been avoided by a previous vet visit, we are happy and the situation has made our family much more appreciative of Angel, now named Rosie. 2 months later, she is the happiest, healthiest little dog we could have ever asked for! She is well socialized, loves dogs and people alike, and especially loves our other dog. She is the perfect little size, and is a total goof! I have recommended this site to many other people, and only send thanks to Dee who helped us figure out how to try and keep little Charlotte alive and take care of her during the week we had her. She truly has a heart for all these dogs, and that's why she won't just give them away to anyone. I would definitely buy another puppy from puppies234.com!

Missy 0105 Jul 31, 2009

This was one of the worst experiences i have ever had in my life these people are soo unprofessional, inconciderate and rude. I would love for them to be banned from the internet!!!

• Ta
    Tammy25 Jun 28, 2009

I recently purchased a Morkie from this organization. We just found out that she has a "congenital liver shunt". This occurs at birth. She now has to undergo a very risky, expensive surgery, and there is a possiblility that she won't even make it through the procedure. There is a simple and inexpensive Bile Acid test that can be given to the puppy before it is sold. I contacted this organization to let them know about my puppy and they told me that they do not "believe" in this testing of the pups. We were also treated in a very rude, condescending manner. We are waiting to hear from the actual breeder now, so hopefully we will receive some kindness and understanding. We can tell that the breeder took very good care of our baby before we purchased her. We love this dog so much and we will do anything to keep her alive. We have spent $500 on tests and specialists and the surgery is going to be $3500. Please save yourself the heartache, insist upon a Bile Acid test before you purchase a Yorkie / Yorkie mix or a Maltese / Maltese mix from anyone. If you have already purchased one, please get it tested. We were lucky to catch this when our puppy was getting spayed, some dogs aren't so lucky. The sooner this disease is discovered, the better the survivor rate. Liver shunts are considered to be hereditary in these breeds. Yorkies have almost a 36 times greater risk of developing shunts than all other breeds combined. All we want to do is try to prevent other buyers from experiencing what we are - no matter who you buy your pup from.

• Iv
    IVA Jun 25, 2009

I have to agree with you. when i called i had to kiss her ***! I had to make it a big deal that I was a reallllyyy nice person so she wouldn't snap at me but she was still rude as hell. They need to fire her, because I have run into a few people that were going to buy from this site and I talked them out of it because of her rude ###. BY THEY WAY CHECK THERE COMPLAINTS ON BETTER BUSINESS BUREU> THE TOWN THAT THEY LIVED IN FINED THEM BECAUSE THEY WERE SELLING PUPPIES ILLEGALLY

• Pr
    prettibrowneyes Jun 25, 2009

just to piggy back my comment above - my understanding is that everyone that works for Puppies234 is a breeder and does thier part in running the company. That's all good, but perhaps someone should give Dee a little vacation. Maybe the phone calls should be split up between two or more people. Maybe, she can cover phones during the day and someone else in the evening...just some suggestions. I'm sure Dee is a nice person but you sure cant tell if you catch her on the wrong day or at the wrong time...which judging from atleast half of these posts seems like most of the time...not good.

• Pr
    prettibrowneyes Jun 25, 2009

Well, I actually bought a maltipoo from Puppies234 in February. She was delivered on Valentine's day 2009 at around 6am. The delivery lady - I believe her name was Tina, was very nice. When I opened the door she said: "Here is your new baby!" My daughter and I slept downstairs in the family room so we wouldnt miss the doorbell. This would be the newest puppie addtion to our home... we have a pomeranian. Anyway, Tina was very informative. She explained everything about "Heidi" to us, she went over our paperwork, etc..So it was definitely a pleasant exchange. However, I must say, when I originally called, Dee was not the nicest person. She wasnt a complete "as* hole, but she could've been a little nicer. She was snippy, I tried to understand that my phone call was probably one of a thousand she had received that day; however, when you're a customer looking to add a new addition to your family...if you are responsible, you have a lot of questions. She should've been willing to answer those simple questions; because in the time that it took her say: "Did you read the information on the site?", she could've simply answered yes or no..in less time. It's customer service 101. Word of mouth can be your best or worst advertisement...At any rate, my baby, named Honey Child, is healthy and happy and we are happy with her. I guess right now that's all that matters. Unfortunately, the first thought that comes to mind when someone asks me where I got my maltipoo, is: 'man, do I dare refer my friend/family to this site?' And if i do dare, I'm obviously gonna tell them what to watch out for...and once I do that...are they still gonna want to purchase from Puppies 234? I mean, it's your internet-based company. Dee is the first line of communication...and simply put, she is not so welcoming. She's clearly inconvenienced and she has no problem spilling that onto the person on the other end of the line. You decide if that helps or hurts your business.

anonymous Jun 08, 2009

Well, I have been looking for a chihuahua. I went to the store up the street for me and they have an adorable chihuahua puppy. But it has not been checked out by a vet and it is a female. I want a male puppy. I went online and I did some research and I found this site. Puppies234.com

I called and I think I spoke with Dee. I asked about the chihuahua. She was nice. She said the chihuahua is adorableeee. I have to admit, when I got to the site I saw delivery, I saw the adorable pictures, and the affordable prices. I skimmed through a few pages of the site. When I spoke with her I am assuming she could tell I did not read the entire site, because she said in order to purchase a puppy you have to read the site. I said okay, I will read the site and I will call you back. I called back and asked a few questions about the parents and she was polite and answered.

I had to comment. Usually I read every detail before buying anything. But before fully reading the site I called her right away because I was so excited. I think many people get so excited, like I did and call this number right away and ask questions that are already on the site. I think she was very honest. The site was very clear with everything. They even had a refund policy up.

I think the people that have complained about the site Puppies234.com, maybe should stop, breath for a minute and think about the other person. Lets put ourselves in her shoes. After reading some of the complaints I can see that she gets many calls about the puppies. And many people do not read the site completely. I can only compare this to buying a car or getting a loan for a house.

Many consumers wanted to buy a house so much that they quickly got into contracts without fully understanding what was going on. On top of that the brokers and bankers approved people for loans that they shouldn't have gotten. The only difference here with this web site is at least Dee said, you have to read the site before purchasing a puppy from us. Not only that but they chose who should get their puppies. They don't sell their puppies to just anyone. (From what I read on their site.) It is ultimately their decision. When you get a car there are many catches to the sale and the seller is pushy and tries to get you to sign a car loan with x interest and a lot of other important information in small print that most people do not read and fully understand because they want that new car. This site and Dee, want you to read the site. It is obvious because she told me once I started asking her questions that was already on the site.

You have to read the site. This is what I did. I called her and asked about the chihuahua and she gave me information about the puppy and she then told me to read the site. I read the site and I called back. This time I explained that this is my first time getting a puppy and I am new to this, I have never been through this process before and she was very nice to me . I also told her that I would like more information on the dogs parents. And she gave it to me. I just don't think it is fair for people to complain and then start giving them names that maybe are not true from a single call.

I haven't bought the chihuahua from her yet. I am still thinking about it because the other puppy I saw was just as cute and I am really torn.

The thing is Puppies234.com gets their puppies vaccinated and makes sure their healthy unlike the store up the street from me. The store up the street from me is really not sure how healthy the parents are and did not vaccinate the puppy. Puppies234.com vaccinates their dogs and lets you know on their site that they are healthy before they are sold to you. Not only that but they are affordable and they even deliver! So I am really torn.

I only wish the best for this site because my experience so far was great. I would definitely recommend other people to go to their site and read everything first. Once you have read everything on the site and you see the puppies, choose the one that you like. Once you have done this go on the internet and look up on the breed you plan on purchasing. Find out about all of the diseases they can get. Find out about how much the vet will cost you and how much responsibility is necessary to care for a dog. Also get information on the worms, the vaccinations, the problems that are common with the breed of the dog that you plan on getting. Make sure you understand how to care for a puppy. Once you have done this then call the number on the site. If there is more information you would like to know about simply ask like I did. If you want to know about the parents, ask. If you want pictures of the puppies parents ask them to email it to you. And not only that but be nice as well. Its not a one way road.

I tried to be fair and I looked at both sides of the story. This is my opinion and my experience. I recommend doing your business with Puppies234.com.

I will be telling my sister about this site.

• Na
    natalie May 25, 2009

I know so many people that got a puppy from them. Too many to tell. I love them. I love thier website, very honest and they do a bit of rescue. Thats respectful. All I want to say is that I know them well, good people, intelligent. They do know alot about dog breeds and behavior. Clean homes, socialized puppies and awesome prices. Puppymill, not! Puppymills do not use Royal Canin puppy food. Way too expensive. My dogs are great, I could tell when I bought them a few years back that they were loved by their owner before they got to my house. They knew what love was before they got to me. One of my friends needed a small refund from them, cant remember the problem. But no problem she got her refund and no issues. Dee, Diana, Meri, Toni, Krissy, Martha I know them all. You couldnt get a puppy from cleaner nicer honest people. I just want to add that they are a group of people that will not take shet from anyone and if you are on here complaining, I'm sorry but your plain stupid !