Pressler And PresslerScam and cheating!

I went to check my account balance before writing my rent check and to my horror saw that my entire checking account was wiped out in addition to a growing list of overdrafts being tallied (I have lots of automatic deductions). I'm in a total state of shock, have been on the phone all day trying to figure out what to do. The situation: it appears that a while back my banking information was stolen from Wachovia (along with tens of thousands of other people) and sold to the Pressler & Pressler law firm... they also are debt collectors. This past week, without notifying me EVER about a CitiBank credit card bill from over 10 years ago , they obtained a bank levy and cleaned out my account.

They will not furnish a copy of the account information or if it was real, a receipt showing that they purchased the debt from CitiBank. They took all of the money available out of the account and stated that there is still over $2000 owed, which they will continue to seek without my permission. I stupidly told them where I worked and they advised that they will move to garnish my salary, which would have me fired from my city job. as an RN Director of Medicare for a Health and Hospital Corp. subsidiary as soon as they are contacted by P&P.

The bank informed me that they need only be showed a paper signed by a clerk in the court that a levy has been obtained (I don't think a clerk can sign this) to deduct the money without my knowledge.

I just received a summons from superior court (Monmouth County) for Verizon bill from 2002 (they did attach a copy of a bill) and when I checked my credit rating there are numerous issues, all stated by P&P or their related companies. When I was first notified by Wachovia of the account theft, they stated that they would supply a year of TransUnion reports. I could never obtain that from them, their links did not work, but i subscribed myself and was able to remove quite a few erroneous claims (all from P&P affiliates) that did not belong to me.

The summons states that any judgments obtained will be in effect for 20 years. I am terrified that my life has come to an end. I will be unemployable and they will continue to search and destroy. How can they be allowed to continue...

• Su
    susan Okman Mar 30, 2008

Can you give me any information on what to do when this happens my account has also been frozen?

• Ok so Pressler and Pressler are taking advantage of us Tax Payers and ripping alot of people off...Well I got answers and I have ways for us to fight back!!! I got some great legal advice and they are now directing me into the right direction.

I also found out that these Levy's that they are putting against people's bank accounts are either being done 1 of 2 ways...They are either hacking into the government system or they are paying people (MOLES) that work in these Banks to look people's information up and supply them to Pressler and Pressler. There is absolutley NO WAY, they could get your bank information unless you had written them a check from that account!!! I know, cause I am going thru this myself and I work for a Major Bank.
    Judgements are being placed against consumers without them knowing, they are levying accounts without any fair notice and its out of control. They are trying to garnish wages...the funny thing is, when you try to get information from them about the debt, where it's from...they give you no information. They are very rude and the only thing they say is, you owe money and we will get it from you. I have recorded conversations, and its truly amazing...so here it is...this is where we stand together:

1st sign this Petition against them:

2nd file a complaint with the Attorney General's Office, do a search for your state and file a complaint.

3rd file a complaint with the FTC:

4th file a complaint with the BBB:
    www.bbb.org

It's needs to stop and they need to practise fair. I am not saying if it is a legit debt owed not to pay it, but it needs to be fair and they need to work it out the right way, not illegally.

For your enjoyment reading, read:

This company needs to be stopped...I am sorry we all have to go through this, but we have rights too.

• Ha
    Haywood Jablowme Jul 10, 2008

Pay your bills deadbeat!!! It never would have happened. Just because a debt is old doesn't mean it goes away.

normajane Sep 29, 2008

They did the same to me. I feel attorney gneral need to investigate pressler & pressler. I was inform from the bank
    they took 125 from my account for pressler & pressler to put
    a levy on my account. We need to fight and have legal system get after this firm for there unfair practice of law. But the judge are on the side of pressler & pressler. I don't owe this bill for 1, 581.89
    that they say I owe. I have no money for rent and electric and even to get my medince. I got ill and I can't work. So I get my retirement. So they took evrything from me. I DON'T FEEL I SHOULD PAY LEGAL FEE OF 80.00 $8.00 FOR FILING FEE.
    PRESSLER & PRESSLER AND COLLECTION COMPANY NEED TO PUT IN THERE PLACE

• Km
    KMc Oct 17, 2008

I agree they did the same thing to me, and I was actually paying them off. O called in to make a payment, I was a few days late. I paid the guy and asked them if everything was ok. He said yes no problems. The next day they levied my account for 7, 000 when I owed 1500. Then they tell me sorry it was his fault blah blah blah. Then they tell, e fax in my statements so that they know the balance before the levy so that they can have the bank reverse it. I have been gettign nothing but runaround from them since. They said I have no arrangement yet i have been paying them a fixed amount for more than a year now. People should file a class action law suit against them. Dont pay with credit debit or check or online. You should get a prepaid MC or visa and pay them that way this way there is no trail back to you.

Anonymous Nov 05, 2008

They did the same exact thing to me. They are being complety paid off the end of this month and I am taking them to small claims court and suing them for all of the overdrafts, fees, time off from work, etc.

• Do
    dolly Nov 09, 2008

Look Pressler & Pressler are NOT LEGAL at all. What they are doing is ILLEGAL. They don't buy your account from anyone and they never pay back the original credit card company. They keep all the money. This is how they work. They send me a bill and said they own my debt now. I am out of work and can't pay the bill so I ignore the letter. (worst thing you can do) What you should do is read the Federal Credit Act and the New Jersey Credit Act or whatever state you are in. Ask for proof of the debt. Not a piece of paper with your name account number and balance. You want the items you bought the whole list. Send it certified to them and make them sign for the letter. Then when you go to court you show the judge your certified letter and that they won't show proof. This crap happened to me but I educated myself and fought back. I got the judgement vacated but what I saw at court was very sad. This company who owns New Century and Midland Funding & Palasieds etc. is so corrupt. They were stealing money from the poor people who were on social security etc. They can't keep getting away with this. I am writing a letter to the District Attorney and so should everyone on here so we can put these people in jail where they belong. Call the Attorney General, the FBI, the Governor, and anyone else you can think of. WE HAVE TO UNITE & FIGHT. UNITE & FIGHT, UNITE & FIGHT. Thanks, dolly

• Do
    dolly Dec 03, 2008

Wow, since I wrote last time I have found out so much more about Pressler & Pressler and all their companies (New Century, Palisaides, Midland funding, . Read the Case of Eleanor & Ralph Schiano. Civil Action No: 05-CV-177 (JLL). Pressler & Pressler stole $30, 000 dollars from them and didn't pay MBNA (the original creditor). The case is unbelievable. It went all the way to the Supreme Court (Judge Suter). They should go to jail for this. Everyone that has Pressler & Pressler or any companies they own after them should CONTACT THE FBI and the Attorney General immediately so they can investigate them. The Schiano case has crossed their desk already. We all need to UNITE & FIGHT. Thanks, dolly

• Mo
    MONKEY19683 Dec 04, 2008

I WAS JUST SUMMONS FOR TWO DIFFERENT ACCOUNTS ONE WAS AN ASPIRE VISA AND THE OTHER IMAGINE CARD... THE SUMMONS SAYS MIDLAND FUNDING VS MICHELE SMITH WHAT SHOULD I DO

chuvaris Dec 09, 2008

spoke to my congressman, gave advise, since what they are doing is mail fraud, write to US postal Inspecter Service, Newark NJ. P P are committing postal fraud. I hope this helps. Chris 12/9/08

• Li
    lisa Jan 14, 2009

ok, get THIS story. right after christmas my brothers bank acct was frozen. I had him call and see what was up- gave him permission to have them talk to me. Long story short, his bank account was frozen and the debt was our sisters!

They have no joint bank account or anything. We called her and she called P&P and told them what they did is illegal. She is married to a federal marshall. She got copies of the summons, and she wasnt even served, it said it was an african american male. Summons wasnt signed or notarized.

She paid the debt and they unfroze but they did charge my brother $50!!! He just filed papers with the AG. I cant believe this company. How are they getting away with this????

ann Jan 29, 2009

the company i used to work for paid most of my dept out of my pay since p & p had a judgement against me. my new company, since receiving notices from p & p have also sent payments to p & p but checks were being sent back totaling $800.00. my company is holding that money waiting for a letter of satisfaction from the courts. i sent a letter to the camden county courts and clerk requesting an answer to why the checks were returned and the reply which was scribbled on my letter stated that the judgement had been paid. i contacted p & p and they stated i now owed them intrest on the judgement. i requested that a letter be sent to me stating that this is interest(intrest had already be calculated on the judgement)owed and when this total amount requested was paid that a letter of satisfaction will be sent. the answer on the other end of the phone stated i will only get the standard letter of, send payment directly to p & p, which i received. now my new company is receiving the same letter again, inwhich they want filled out stating, when was the last time you sent payment and what was the amount. i need to just pay these people(if you can call them that) off but i am afraid i will never get a letter of satisfaction from p&p or the courts, whoever is to issue it. i need to get rid of this dept and get p & p off my back. it has been 2 years of p & p and i have had enough. they have this judgement under my maiden name even. help...

carlened Feb 06, 2009

I just went to Bank of America, and realize that they levy my saving account this is the second time. Three years ago, I had my baby in Morris Town Memorial Hospital, I had health insurance for my and I. I was never charge for my medical bills, but only for the baby. The clerk never entered the health insurance information.
    A year ago, I received a letter and a lot of calls from Pressler an Pressler. I spoke to the opposite partner, but instead he told me to pay it because I owe it.
    I had to contact the director for Morris town hospital and fax over my insurance information, yet Pressler and Pressler still went a head and took my money out. I was cleared by the hospital, a public record is on my credit report and still out of $100 for bank fee, Bank of America charges. I am asking for my money and still no answer.

Now they are levying my account again, for an account I never had. Can somebody STOP these guys. Life is too hard now for someone who can just go in your account and take your little saving, and only to wait for them to return your money and sometimes not all

• Kr
    kris Feb 07, 2009

I am currently dealing with P&P but, unlike what seems to be the majority of experiences here, it is in my favor. This is because, I believe, I know the law and made it clear upfront that I am not ignorant of what they can and can not do. A few things everyone needs to know:

There is a list of exempt funds that they CAN NOT TOUCH. Do a search for exempt funds and debt collection. The US Code also has exemptions so make sure you check that as well. You will need to prove that the money they are trying to take is exempt (bank statements, transaction history, etc).

If your account has been frozen, you need to file an order to show cause (proof that you owe the debt) with whatever court the suit was filed in. This will be the first step towards lifting the levy. Usually the court clerk can help you fill out the papers.

Check the statue of limitations in your state on debts. I believe that if a debt is older than 7 years, you are not liable for it, but am not 100% certain.

If you prove that your income (or the money they are trying to levy) is exempt funds, you are under NO legal obligation to make ANY deals with them after they issue a release of your funds. Don't let them intimidate you or make you think otherwise.

Obviously the best thing to do would be to get your own lawyer, but I understand that that is not always possible, especially with the way the economy is today. There are lawyers who will give you free advice or representation so check with your state's legal aid. Other than that, educate yourselves. You DO have rights.

The best of luck to everyone.

• Co
    Complainant 21923 Feb 21, 2009

omg! i have been at a loss for 2 days reading all of this. even tough i have had no dealings with these terrible creatures i want to help in any way i can. i found this stuff on you tube then started digging. what i found is so shocking. what on earth are people in new jersey doing to stop this? i have sent e-mails upon e-mails to everyone. i did send an email to sj mills of www.caipnj.com and pledged my support. i would start calling that lee pressler at his job. all of this is on that website. i'm just so angry all of you have to go thru this. please email me on status of anything any of you find. i'm with you. thanks cj myers. [email protected]

• Re
    renni Feb 24, 2009

These people are total ###s...I am on SSD..(due to bad bad car accident & breast cancer, to top it off) They do NOT care!! They sent me some kind of form to fill out, wanted to know the value of my household items!!! Wanted to know EVERYTHING I owned!! Threatened me with the county sheriff coming here and arresting me!!! They had the nerve to (try) to intimidate me and say they are going to garnish my SS check...I get 600 dollares a month, are they going to have me living on the streets, eating from trash cans?? Going in for chemo, carrying everything I own in a shopping cart?? They call me at all hours of the day AND night!! Weekends too!! I have stopped answering my phone!! *69 shows their number, I Googled the number and it says it's P&P..I just happened to click this link! OMG..I thought I was the ONLY person they did this crap to!!! I pray to God they don't freeze my bank account!! I can't afford an attorny, I called my county's Legal Aid..They TRIED to reassure me, I don't make enough from SS, for them to touch it...*From her lips, to God's ears!!* I have bookmarked this site..I want to keep tabs on them, like they try to do to me!! I am not including any personal info, for fear they read this site too! God help us all!!!

ann Mar 13, 2009

Since I wrote 43 days ago I followed the advice of all the above. I sent a letter to the following asking for a letter of satisfaction of the wage execution.
    Federal Trade Commission, Attorney General, Office Of The Governor, Court Officer(who was in charge of the money received by wage execution), Gloucester County Civil Part Court Clerk, Gloucester County Affaires, Better Business Bureau and Pressler & Pressler. I received a call from Consummer Affaires who wants to pursue it, the Better Business Bureau who opened a case number for the Pressler & Pressler complaint and the Gloucester County Civil Part issued a court hearing on the wage execution for a hearing which is scheduled for 3-26-09 by a judge. My company I work for also received a letter from Pressler & Pressler stating to stop all wage deductions and to return any monies due to me and that the Court Order has been satisfied. Do I pursue this farther? What would be my next step? I am to assume I still need this to be entered into the courts that it has been satisfied and cannot just assume this will be done. I had gotten in trouble years ago with credit cards and we thought we paid them all off. They have not even told me which credit card this is that I owe for, but a wage execution was granted. Can I get the Judgement reversed by asking for proof of the debt and to what credit card company? All answers all welcomed right about now.

• Fa
    fatimah Apr 06, 2009

Hi my name is Fatimah nelson and I been a victim of pressler and pressler sence 2004 they garnished my paycheck for yours then they went into my cd account and took $ 700 dollars from me and they say I still owe $ 800 dollard witch I pay $ 40 dollars a month yes I feel like they are robbing me I contact all the companies they say I owe and my name was not even in the systom this I because these depts are from when I was 18 years old I'm now 33 years old I wish that it was something we can do because they ar eripping a lot of people off [email protected]

• Ta
    Tammy Chapel Apr 16, 2009

Pressler and Pressler are crooks. I had a garnishment against my pay check for a specified amount. That was paid in full on 3/27/09. Today I get some bogus letter again from the courts who I believe are in cohoots with these dirty fat pigs that I owe yet more money. Am I supossed to pay forever? Will they continue to make bogus claims just to keep bleeding me dry? Why don't the courts stop allowing this to happen. Rapest, drug dealers, theives etc are let go and the courts waste time and money fattening the wallets of companies like P&P and pretty much destroy average America. I had a debt, I paid it. It's this oh wait we need more money so lets just continue to bleed the fools dry that pisses me off.

• Je
    jen Apr 24, 2009

I experienced the same thing with this group just a few months ago . They had the courts put a levy on my the funds for my rent and then froze my account -- without warning. This was horrifying because it was all of the money that I had.

Now I never have large deposits in MY checking or savings account. I suggest that you consider opening an "alternate" account (i.e. joint account or children's savings). They are not allowed access to them (check with your bank). If you believe that you owe anyone money DO NOT PUT LARGE SUMS OF CASH IN YOUR PERSONAL ACCOUNTS.

In the meantime, I'm trying to clean up my debts. It's not good to be in arrears.

Marie May 20, 2009

These people are the biggest crooks in New Jersey along with the judges, police, municipal courts, county courts. Pressler & Pressler will always keep these cases in small claims courts because the are courts of limited jurisdiction. Meaning they play by there own rules and not law. Rules of the court is bs it is not law. This is why these blood sucking ticks are able to do what they want. If you take them to Federal court they will all go to jail including the judges and fake ### lawyers. I will love to face off with these crooks and court first I would ask to see Pressler & Pressler Law license to practice law, 2. A complaint signed under penalty of perjury (which they never do). 3. A legal binding contract I have with the original creditor 4. An account ledger from the original creditor showing they actually lend me money (or was it created out of thin air) 5. A w-9 form to send to the irs that Pressler & pressler is receiving my income and not paying taxes! 6. Sheldon Presslers bank statement showing he is losing money due to me not paying a bill. 7. Lastly it is a scam to unjustly enrich Pressler & Pressler and the judges. I will pay these guys in money orders and have it traced to see where it really goes!!! I bet it is not the the original creditor. I bet it is to a trust fund. THESE GUYS ARE THEIVES ACTING UNDER COLOR OF LAW. NOT REALLY LAW

• Sh
    sherry May 20, 2009

I am having a problem with these people as well and don't know where to go... I am being told that I owe 771.00 to a company called Colorado Capital. I have no clue who they are, but Pressler and Pressler put a lien on my property and will call the Sheriff if this is not taken care of. They want me to go on a payment plan and don't want to hear that this debt does not belong to me.
    I never received any letters from them, but a certified letter was signed for by someone other than me. I need someone's help.

• Sh

EAST HANOVER, NJ 07936 (973) 428-7300

323 LAKESIDE BLVD
    HOPATCONG, NJ 07843 (973) 398-2550

mary lopez Jun 06, 2009

For anyone out there you guys should go to the civil court of your state or city. Pursuant to rule 37 of the federal rules of civil procedure, plaintiffs request for production of documents and initial disclousure of credit cards by law they have to give you this documents. These documents are the only proof that this is your debt. Not a piece of paper that they send to people. Make sure to asked them for the original documents that you signed when you applied for the credit card that should have your signature the date it was signed and for how much was the debt. If they dont send you these papers then file a complaint with the court. And dont be scare of taking in front of the judge. There is a statue of limitation for credit cards in New York is 4 years and this was told to me by a judge. And believe 80% of the time they never have the original documentation.

• There is a huge SCAM, a multimillion dollar SCAM, being forced on the american public!!

And our legal system is in on it!

third party debt collectors!!!

When you stop paying on a credit card debt,
    The original creditor is mandated by federal law, to charge-off an account when no payments have been received for 180 days.
    That date is refered to as the �Date of Last Activity (DLA)’ and reported as such, to the credit reporting agencies by the creditor.

After they write it off, they "Bundle" all these uncollectable accounts and sell them for pennies on the dollar on the open market, this is where the 3rd party debt collectors come in.

They BUY a "BUNDLE" of this uncollected debt info from the original bank.

However what they buy is your name, account number, and what you owed to the original bank.

They rarely or never get your "original signed contract" with the credit card company, your last statement of payment on the account, and the original writeoff amount.

This is what they need to "PROVE" in court that they now have "TITLE" to your original debt.!!

This information is usually sold several times within the "networks" still as a BUNDLE
    of uncollectable debt!

They will harris you on the phone, send threating letters, saying that they represent
    "XYC LLC" who now has title to your Bank of Bundi account in which you owe some
    ridiculous amount.

First off the "XYC LLC" company is usually some "shell" company that the collection law firm has setup, because by law, the law firm itself cannot hold title and try to enforce a judgement against you.

So they have to "represent" a client who holds title, so they claim against you.

The law they are trying to collect on is "CONTRACT" law, , which requires them to have "the original signed contract", and the "deeds of transfer", indicating your account specifically with the "deeds of transfer", and a copy or original of your last statement, indicating your last payment on the account, and the "charge Off" amount. Which the original bank "wrote Off" its books.

They never have any of this information, what they present to the court is a hodge podge of information, a pasted piece from an excell spredsheet with your name, address ect, usually 2 pages sideways, "certifications" which are assembled by their own staff on their own computer systems, including usually an amount you owe which they assembled from their own computer system. From this "Budle" they bought for pennies on the dollar!!

The problem is unless you "ANSWER THE LAWSUIT" Requiring you to file an answer to the suit, contesting the "CONTRACT CASE" Pay the $15.00 fee to the court, and Show up on the Date of the court hearing and contest the case by demanding that they supply the original contract, deeds of transfer, and last payment statement, "
    indicating your account "specifically" and the "charge Off" amount...

They will request a default judgement from the Judge..and he will grant it!

I have specifically fought 3 cases against me, taking several court dates, time off from work, endless hours of waiting, but they realized
    I knew what I was talking about and that they could't proof their case,
    IE get over on me...and they dismissed their suits...
    go here...http://www.budhibbs.com/index.html
    here Collection Agencies Illegal Practices ~ New Jersey
    and here

and here

and here for a expose on tv

The reason the courts are usually on their side is "MONEY"
    each time they file its $15.00 fee, each time you answer its $15.00 fee,
    multiply that times the thousands of collection cases and you can see how the courts make money..not to mention that its a "Buddy" system..

you can email us at [email protected]
    for more info!!

• Na
    nachocheese Jun 20, 2009

the subsequent garneshment after an initial wage execution is what is called an "interest certification". what that means is that when the wage
    execution is paying down the debt, there is interest accruing on the outstanding balance. the original writ of execution that was served at your place of employment can not include future interest as there is no way of determining what that would be. the state sets the interest rate and ca's have a right to that interest. so once the original amount on the initial execution is paid off there is still a balance equal to the interest that had accumulated. this will be re-served as another wage execution at your place of employment and once deducted the judgement should be satisfied.

hope that helps!

• Nj
    NJSPfrauddivision Jul 16, 2009

Do whatever you can to communicate with the courts. Talking to P&P does nothing. In my county it is free to file a motion to prove. This will eliminate 80% of these claims. Be Honest if you really owe the debt find a way to handle it before they levy your bank accounts. They will always get more than the original amount you owe.

Rest assured there are many Judges under investigation as well as Pressler and Pressler. But the Judicial system is full of "fat cats" that are covered in teflon. Sheldon Pressler plays golf with most of the judges in north Jersey and believe me they are both laughing all the way to your levied bank account.

The Obama administration has established a consumer debt task force, with special investigators in the New York and New Jersey state police as well as a federal investigator involved in this credit nightmare. The bottom line is, if you have any proof at all that you do not owe said debt, you have substantially more proof than Pressler and Pressler. Companies like these rely on Bully tactics, and and your fear.
    Stay strong, prove your case, and they will move on to their next victim. Sadly enough they will get away with it until enough people fight back.

candy_1900 Sep 16, 2009

These people are soo bad!!! I will pray for everybody God Bless us!! And still interesting that they're still alive with these so much sins they did in the past . Wy law can't get them? Maybe attorneys and the judge are working with them to make some money. People like these will kill America's economy. instead of paying these P & P we could've pay these money for taxes for good will.
    And it's still interesting and curious case that such agencies like Police department and FBI still are not informed with these situations what citizens have to deal with?
    Does anybody know how we can join against this company Pressler and Pressler and defeat them they need to stop doing the things what they're doing now.
    I hope and I will pray God to make them eat trash at the street as they become homeless and no fund!!! Only then they will understand what they caused people and they're living the same situation as their victims did in the past. i'll s pray every day for them to be defeated to be in our situataion and remember us and God and regret about everythng they did and pray for the good life. but when they'll be doing this it'll be too late because there will be homeless.
    i'll pray, for our success in defeatng them.. i'll pray and ask God to never face us with these greedy and mean people, i'll pray for peace.

candy_1900 Sep 16, 2009

I had the same situation with these scammers. i'm not paying money to them now it's 4 month since they sued. they won't show me any contract between the bank and debt collector company. and i don't even remember did i owe that debt because i thought i paid off my debts.. and this debt they're sending me is 6 years old doesn't sound this ridiculous? and how dare Sheldon Pressler post his address wrong???
    the address thay they use for the letters is in Parsipanny, NJ. and guess what they have new address now they're located in Brooklyn, NY.

• Candy,
    In your comment you said its been 4 months since they sued...
    DID THEY WIN THE CASE??
    DID THE JUDGE GRANT THEM A SUMMERY JUDGEMENT??
    If he did THEY WILL BE GARNISHING YOUR WAGES, and GOING AFTER YOUR BANK ACCOUNTS!!
    THEY ALSO HAVE THE JUDGEMENT ON FILE WITH THE STATE!!
    YOU NEED TO PUT A MOTION TO THE COURT TO OVER TURN THE SUMMERY JUDGEMENT, BASED ON THE FACT THAT THEY NEVER "PROVED THEIR CASE""
    The address deal is probably a "mistake' or slick move to get you confused!!
    THEY HAVE A MAIN OFFICE IN NEW JERSEY AND BRANCH OFFICES IN SEVERAL OTHER STATES!!

IF YOU NEED MORE INFO ON WHAT TO DO>>EMAIL US AT !

• Ms
    msebok Sep 16, 2009

I totally agree that Pressler & Pressler is a very fraudlent company. I received correspondence from them once and over the phone requested proof of the debt and advised them at that time I was ill and on Social security disability. They never responded I never thought of it again. However last month I recieved a call advising me of a default judgment they received in reference to the debt they were trying to collect. I at that time advised them that I was disabled and my only income was from SSDI. However just 3 weeks ago I was online checking my account and discovered all my money was on hold. I called my bank to find out that Pressler & Pressler had put the levy on my account for a company called New Century Financial Services. I called Pressler & Pressler and advised them my funds were excempt, they wanted me to send them 3 months of bank statements and told me they would tell me what was excempt and what was not. I advised them I was filing a motion with the courts and I would let the courts make the decision. The court requested I send pressler & Pressler proof, I sent only a copy of my deposits for the month the levy was attached, which were from social security direct deposit. They notified me today that they are withdrawing the levy. However my money was not avaible to me for almost a month and I was charged NSF fees and a $25.00 charge from my bank for processing the levy. Does anyone know if I could collect my fees back.

• msebok,

In reading your post, you base your response to Pressler and pressler as
    "ACTUALLY HAVING SOOME COMPASSION",
    THEY HAVE "NONE",
    they are 3rd Party Debt Collectors,
    HEARTLESS, LYING ###, AND WILL TWIST THE LAW IN THEIR FAVOR!!

Not to mention that they have heard all the "SOB" stories before..

THE ONLY THING THEY UNDERSTAND IS AN "EDUCATED" CONSUMER,
    WHO USES THE LAW, THE WAY THEY DO!!

Calling them with your plight was not what had to be done.

You needed to file an answer with the court, (cost $15.00)
    contesting their lawsuit, then send them discovery,
    to prove their case!!

Of course they got a summery judgement,
    they knew from their conversation with you,
    that they could get over on you and
    get the court to grant one to them!!

You filed a motion with the court to exempt your SSI,
    which the judge granted, providing
    you supplied documentation to the court and Pressler,

"BUT YOU STILL HAVE A SUMMERY JUDGEMENT AGAINST YOU!!"
    AND IT IS ON FILE WITH THE STATE!!

ANY AND ALL FUTURE MONIES AND OR PROPERTY OF YOURS,
    INCLUDING YOUR REAL ESTATE IS ON LEIN!!
    TO PRESSLER!!!

THIS WILL ALSO INCLUDE ANY INHERITENCE YOU ATTEMPT TO PASS ON TO YOUR HEIRS!!

YOU NEED TO OVERTURN THIS SUMMERY JUDGEMENT!!
    BY FILING A MOTION WITH THE COURT!!

SO YOU CAN PROOF THAT THEY HAVE NO LEGAL "CONTRACT" TO ENFORCE
    TO GET A SUMMERY JUDGEMENT!!

YOU CAN ALSO SUE THEM IN FEDERAL COURT
    UNDER THE FAIR DEBT COLLECTION ACT,
    FOR FAILING TO VERIFY THE DEBT!!
    NOT NOTIFING YOU OF THE SUMMERY JUDEGMENT COURT DATE, ECT!!

EACH COUNT AGAINST THEM IS $1000.
    THESE ### HAVE TO BE STOPPED!!!
    EVEN IF ONLY "ONE CASE" AT A TIME!!

AS FOR COLLECTING YOUR FEES BACK FROM THE BANK,
    WE SUGGEST WRITING A LETTER TO THE BANK
    EXPLAINING WHAT HAPPENED HOW YOU WERE BAMBOOZLED,
    and maybe the bank will give you your monies back.
    You can also threaten to sue the bank
    if they don't honor the request,
    because the bank was
    "SUPPOSED to NOTIFY" YOU ahead of time
    that your account was to be FROZEN!!

But they usually never do!!

If you need assistance, email us at

[email protected]

We would also like to hear your story,
    or any ones hence our title
    stop third party debt collectors!!

• Sm
    Smbdysboo Nov 24, 2009

Hello... Pressler and Pressler has placed levy on two of my accounts on two seperate occasions collecting a total of about $1000. This debt was supposedly purchased from Rooms to Go by Century Financial, about $4000 (way more then my original debt was in 1999!!! YES 1999!

I have never gone to court (mail arrives at my mother's home which I do not get until weeks later, most often times too late, but anyway, I have not been to court. Of course, as mentioned above, because of this, they did get a judgment against me in 2007 and levied my accounts in 2007, and again in 2008 (I don't keep large amounts of cash any longer). They have not been able to get wage garnishments because I work in another state and have no jurisdiction over that state; my HR has been great, that since Pressler and Pressler cannot furnish the legal paperwork to have them garnish it, they have not done so in the several years there.

My mom has just given me a letter from Pressler and Pressler stating that if I don't complete a financial statement requested by the court (copy of it attached) by Dec xx, 2009 (I believe the court has subpoenaed it), I will be held in contempt and a warrant issued for my arrest (my understand is the warrant not for failure to pay, because there is no such thing, but for failure to appear or failure to comply with the court with the subpoenaed financial info).

Sooooo... I have read much here, and else where. Step one, answer to the court, not Pressler yes?? And request the court for Pressler to provide proof of this debt... which I KNOW they do not have. I have a copy of my entire file, and you are right: it is just a simple printout of Century... in no way does it show Century purchasing this debt from Rooms to Go, nor does it show any credit agreement, application, purchase or debt or anything similar with this Rooms to Go. The original debt was from 1999 in Florida; statue of limitation in Florida, as well as in NJ is 6 years. By the way... NONE OF THIS, not CENTURY FINANCIAL not ROOMS to GO come up on my credit report. If this is a legitamate debt or collection agency, why did it NEVER show up on my credit reports. All I see is multiple inquiries by Pressler and Pressler.

I plan to represent myself or get legal aid to assist me in the filing. Has anyone represented themselves when requesting the court to make them provide proof?

I'll email stopthirdpartydebtcollectors also.

• pressler probably put a motion to the court demanding you supply it!

DO NOT GIVE THEM ANY INFORMATION!!

Just as they never properly notified you of your court dates ignore the notice!!

You have a case for having both default judgments overturned..

Defense 1: Improper Service (no personal jurisdiction)

The defense of improper service applies if you never received the summons and complaint at all. Under New Jersey law, the Clerk for the Special Civil Part mails the summons complaint to the defendant by certified mail. There is no legal requirement that a defendant must be personally served with a summons and complaint in a Special Civil Part collection case. As a result of these rather lax personal service rules, there is a tremendous amount of default judgments that are entered in the Special Civil Part. Therefore, improper service often can be a strong ground to defend against a credit card lawsuit.

The most common examples of incorrect service are sending the summons to an old address where you no longer live. Improper service is a defense that is usually raised in a motion to vacate a default judgment. In New Jersey this defense is rarely used to defend against a “run of the mill” credit card collection case. However, there are hundreds of thousands of credit card default judgments entered each year in the Special Civil Part Courts. Therefore, this defense can assist many debtors to undo a default judgment for a credit card debt.

Our Question is DID YOUR MOTHER "SIGN" FOR THE mail?

They usually send them both regular mail and certified, if the certified is returned but not the regular mail, they "assume" you received it!

If your mother Signed for the certified, they assume you definitely got it..

but all hope is not lost, you can still appeal the summery judgments!!

From reading your email here is our suggestions...

Ignore their financial statement requested by the court FOR NOW!!

go to this link and read EVERYTHING THERE!!

and go to this site and contact a lawyer.. hopefully it will be inexpensive..

If you are in court with a collection agency, go to the National Associate of Consumer Advocates website (http://www.naca.net) and find an attorney to help you in your area. I got help for $30 and won a $5, 000 settlement against the creditor and had the alledged $7, 000 debt squashed.

The National Association of Consumer Advocates (NACA) is a nationwide organization of more than 1500 members who represent and have represented hundreds of thousands of consumers victimized by fraudulent, abusive and predatory business practices. As an organization fully committed to promoting justice for consumers, NACA's members and their clients are actively engaged in promoting a fair and open marketplace that forcefully protects the rights of consumers, particularly those of modest means.

KEEP US POSTED!!!

• Gr
    GrayCat Jan 22, 2010

I just got some GREAT news from my husband, who is returning from a court hearing with these shmucks. After they had levied our account, we were so depressed, and ready to give in. The night it happened, I was up at four in the morning, and started to do some research -- also sent an email (feeling as if I were sending it into the void) -- to a lawyer who deals with this crap. The more I researched, the more I realized how scummy and illegal these guys are -- and their levy was illegal, too.

When my husband called, after the levy was in place -- meaning we had to call our landlord in a hurry, and fall behind on all of our bills -- they TRIED to get him to release the funds. DON'T DO THIS. First, as others point out, they need to validate the debt. In our case, it was illegal for them to take our money as his contribution to our joint bank account was unemployment compensation (which he had told them BEFORE the levy) -- the rest was my money, by far the majority of the account.

Hubby, working on his own with some scattered free counsel (don't get me wrong - I'm glad we got ANY counsel) went to court as a pro se litigant, with all of the documentation -- our bank statements (my pay check was direct deposited, so rather hard to say it WASN't mine), the unemployment records, and a brief he prepared himself.

I still can't believe it -- but he WON. What these guys count on is that you WILL back down, feeling helpless and hopeless. They will also count on your not knowing the law. Do research! They also count on the fact that most people on whom they prey cannot pay for legal counsel, so will just fold. They operate in volume -- doing this to as many people as they possibly can -- now, for us, it's a victory -- P and P though will just keep doing what they're doing . . . it is such a scam.

There is certainly a nice toasty little corner of hell waiting for these predators.

• CONGRADULATIONS!!

ANOTHER "BLOW" AGAINST THE SCAM!!

GO HERE FOR POSSIBLY THE BEST INFORMATION WE"VE FOUND ON DEBT COLLECTION
    AND TACTICS THEY USE TO TRY TO COLLECT>>

YOU CAN ALSO EMAIL US HERE...

• Nj
    njdolphin Jan 27, 2010

These "individuals", I think a better term for them are "###" have a wage garnishment against me, but in the meantime, put a lien/levy against my bank account. The stupid bank never notified me of the lien causing my checks to bounce in turn incur NSF fees. I will be going to Superior Court in Passaic County in the morning to try to take care of the issue myself. I already have a garnishment aginst myself. I have asked these individuals for proof of the debt and that has never been given to me. They have called me and have refused to give me their last name when asked for it.

I hope I can get some where when I go to the courthouse in the morning. Please wish me luck. I will keep you updated.

• njdolphin,

You will have to file a motion to vacate default judgment
    if you are in jersey go here

Down load the form to your computer and fill it out

go to this link and read EVERYTHING THERE!!

and go to this site and contact a lawyer.. hopefully it will be inexpensive..

email us for more info..

• Su
    Susan Nierzwicki Mar 03, 2010

This is scary. I live in America in fear of these people. I feel like leaving my job and moving to another country. I am writing to every politician I can write to!! I paid and paid these blood suckers and they do not stop. And if anyone thinks we are dead beats we are not I started with a $200.00 credit limit and ended up with thousand of dollars in interest and fees!! What a scam. God bless America where she may be I do not know. God bless my Dad who fought hard for these ### in WW II.

shame shame on Pressler & Pressler.

• Eg
    egarcia0815 Mar 03, 2010

the same thing happen to me they put my account on levey and try to ganrish my wages i filled bankruptcy!!!

In The News

A consumer site aimed at exposing unethical companies and business practices