Pressler And PresslerScam and cheating!

I went to check my account balance before writing my rent check and to my horror saw that my entire checking account was wiped out in addition to a growing list of overdrafts being tallied (I have lots of automatic deductions). I'm in a total state of shock, have been on the phone all day trying to figure out what to do. The situation: it appears that a while back my banking information was stolen from Wachovia (along with tens of thousands of other people) and sold to the Pressler & Pressler law firm... they also are debt collectors. This past week, without notifying me EVER about a CitiBank credit card bill from over 10 years ago , they obtained a bank levy and cleaned out my account.

They will not furnish a copy of the account information or if it was real, a receipt showing that they purchased the debt from CitiBank. They took all of the money available out of the account and stated that there is still over $2000 owed, which they will continue to seek without my permission. I stupidly told them where I worked and they advised that they will move to garnish my salary, which would have me fired from my city job. as an RN Director of Medicare for a Health and Hospital Corp. subsidiary as soon as they are contacted by P&P.

The bank informed me that they need only be showed a paper signed by a clerk in the court that a levy has been obtained (I don't think a clerk can sign this) to deduct the money without my knowledge.

I just received a summons from superior court (Monmouth County) for Verizon bill from 2002 (they did attach a copy of a bill) and when I checked my credit rating there are numerous issues, all stated by P&P or their related companies. When I was first notified by Wachovia of the account theft, they stated that they would supply a year of TransUnion reports. I could never obtain that from them, their links did not work, but i subscribed myself and was able to remove quite a few erroneous claims (all from P&P affiliates) that did not belong to me.

The summons states that any judgments obtained will be in effect for 20 years. I am terrified that my life has come to an end. I will be unemployable and they will continue to search and destroy. How can they be allowed to continue...

• Ns
    N.S.2565 Aug 20, 2016

To the person, who, said "just pay your bills." My husband and I, do pay our bills. We filed for a chapter 13 bankruptcy over 10 years ago, and, it was completed and discharged. Just a little background, we were in a predatory mortgage and things were tight, but, we weren't behind on our bills. We were it was going to happen, so, we filed pro-actively to protect ourselves from THIS...
    Conviently, I came home, yesterday, to a $1300 judgement against my husband from Pressler and Pressler. It didn't even come to my address. It went to my old address from over a year ago. It was opened and someone left it in my mailbox, it wasn't forwarded.

Now, my husband hasn't had a credit card in his name, since, bankruptcy. I have cards, mine are all in good standing, and this is only in my husbands name. We don't have debt, no house, no medical/dental debt, only credit cards in my name and our cars are in my name. Therefore, this HAS to be coming from a debt that was discharged in bankruptcy. We had no notification of this, and, if soneone hadn't taken pity on my husband and left the notice on our doorstep, we would never have even known what was going on.

The only shinning light in this situation is Chase. I contacted them immediately, and, they said that they send their customers notification before the levy, so, their customers can properly "prepare". Then, she told me that I had nothing to worry about, because, the only money in my joint account was from my husbands SS and pension, and they're exempt funds. Not only that, but, they won't even attempt to freeze them and they send a notice to [email protected] telling them they can't touch the money. Chase also said, the money in my personal account was safe. So, that put my mind at ease. Temporarily...

We have an appointment with our attorney, because, even though they can't get to my husbands SS and pension, and, they'll never be able to get to his work pay... I do know they can garnish his wages. I also, read that they will send an income/assests disclosure to friends, family, utilities, landlords (if you have one), neighbors, any that they think owes you money. They will attempt to subpeona people, who, may owe you money and tell them not to pay you... they will have an order to pay [email protected] instead. Now, my husband is in his 60's, the last thing I need is my 90 year old MIL (mother in law), receiving a notice of disclosure. Even worse is that she would panic and pay it. I'm not having her pay something, that, 1- I can pay but refuse, because, 2- was discharged in bankruptcy and is no longer legally owed. 3- We have 6 kids, I need to protect us...for them.

By-the-way, it seems that most people, all, have the same story... that 5, 6, or 10 years go by, from a bankruptcy, ... then, all of a sudden they get a judgement against them from [email protected] If, that's the case, it's ILLEGAL for [email protected] to sue them. Even, if, someone owes the debt, they have laws on how those debts are to be collected. Just because someone owes a debt, doesn't make [email protected]'s practices legal!

• Ke
    kennyc0324 Aug 05, 2016

I just was levied and they also cleaned my checking account in which my rent check has bounced I called they cant even tell you the charges barely the credit card I supposedly incurred all this debt goverment needs to step in its a scam bothering me from a debt of 7500 from 97 they claim. Its cause people dont show for court because its bogus then they file levys from judgement of default capitalizing on a situation and i was never given a subpoena for civil court

• Ke
    kennyc0324 Aug 05, 2016

I just was levied and their also cleaned my checking account in which my rent checked has bounce I called they cant even tell you the charges barely the credit card you supposedly incurred all this debt goverment needs to step in its a scam bothering me from a debt of 7500 from 97 they claim. Its cause people dont show for court because its bogus then they file levys from judgement of default capitalizing on a situation

• By
    Bye Bye Post Office Dec 17, 2013

Pressler and Pressler was able to get a default judgment against me by lying about the address they mailed the notice to. They sent it to an address that was never associated with the account and I have been in my current home for more than 10 years. They then lied to a judge to get a default judgment and then they had the sheriff's department serve the papers. I have documentation and written evidence that they did this. Did anyone else have a default judgment placed and not receive written notification?

• Mi
    mike 839 Oct 22, 2011

hi all, just recieved a letter today from p&p stating they have judgment against me in ocean county superior court, they have taken money from my bank accts. which i have now closed, and had my ssdi funds put on a gov.backed debit card every month, i have taken all actions to hide all my monies and personal properties, even took my car out of my name, i do own a house thoe, and they said in the letter my house has a lien on it for 20yrs.i really dont care cus its wayyy under water, and has no equity at all, i have retained a bankruptcy attn. and am bringing all debts. with me that i think i owe, and all the pressler letters to boot, they are very harsh letters, and state if i dont contact them by a certain date, i may be aressted and incarserated, and if i dont pay them what they think i owe them, they will take my handicap van, and the sheriff will basically raid my home and start taking my personal property and inventory it and sell it at an auction, this is ###, all these problems are from 2007 when i became paralyzed, lost my job, and just recently my wife left me for her facebook friend, so as u can tell life sucks at the moment and pressler is just adding to my everyday health issues, this is why im seeing an attorney in wall township, nj on monday, to try to rid this ### from harassing me anymore, its been almost 5 yrs. and there still going strong, dont they ever give up. let them try to enter my house and start taking things out, the lawyer i called today, says in all his years of practice he never seen a debt collector empty a house out of its goods for credit card debt, he says highly unlikely they can go this far, do you think im doing the right thing by just claiming chapter 7 cus my credit is shot anyway, and i really dont have anything that they can attatch to or levy anymore, i was told by the attorney, that i basically made myself untouchable, its a shame i have to live like this, but at least p&p and midland funding llc. cant hurt me anymore...anybody here no where im comming from, somewhere in south jersey, thanks again for your site...

• Di
    dina cantagallo Oct 04, 2011

Hey I'm really sorry to hear about your complaint I just got my notice in the mail today all because I owe a jewerly store 558.00 so this pressler and pressler company is sueing me for the money, to pay back the jewerly store I have no problems with doing that, But I'm really mad at them cause they put a Levy on my bank account to try and take out all the money, that I owe the jewerly store any thoughts on this who do I call

• Jl
    jlauda Aug 30, 2011

I am being sued by them right now!!! These people are crooks. I work way to hard for my money and I REFUSE to give them a cent!!! I am ready to fight back. Lets all get together and do so

• Jj
    jjross Jul 06, 2011

p&p needs to be prosecuted...

• Ta
    Tax Action now Jun 18, 2011

This is a national travisty and just because they are getting away with does not make it right. There are FTC laws to protect consumers from this fraud. They have to be able to prove the acquired the debt legitimately and they are not. There are over 8 million plus complaints on Pressler and Pressler and Midland Funding and DC is not doing anything about it. We need everyone to step it up and call there local news station or Fox or CNN and bring this to light to get someone on there coat tails instead of the other way around. This is just a national crisis that was caused by the banks that created this whole debacle in the first place and now they are profiting from your misery as well. If we didn't have such jobless claims and small business numbers being done this crisis wouldn't be going on. Don't blame the individuals, blame the banks, and get on the horn and call the news stations, this may be the only way to win this fight because the people in DC could care less about you!

Angel864 Jun 07, 2011

I am fighting Pressler and Pressler right now. They are criminals in every sense of the word. They are trying to sue me for an account with a company I had AND paid, 18 years ago! I haven't had an account with that company since. I WILL win. You have to have faith, do your homework, and by all means, FIGHT BACK. Pressler and Pressler was illegally doing business in NY state up until they got caught in 2008.

• Ol
    Oliver W. Holmes, Jr. May 03, 2011

Your government at work folks. Unfortunately, each of us is just a number and target to these corrupt people. What Pressler does in many instances is illegal. But if the state court supports the corrupt activity, then you have to tolerate it. You as a citizen can't fight Pressler. They have much money from their illegal activities.

Think back to the civil rights movement. We had all kinds of state and federal laws on the books to protect the downtrodden blacks in our society. They didn't do a thing wrong, they were just the wrong color. How many atrocities were undertaken against them by ruthless individuals which was ignored by government?

It's why our forefathers left England in search of new lands, free from the tyranny of the king. The only solution may be revolution!

Angel864 Apr 29, 2011

First off, I am also dealing with Pressler and Pressler. If you get something that looks like a summons, check it out and FIGHT IN COURT! They have to prove you owe the debt and if they can't, it has to be dismissed. Judgements are granted only by the court to freeze bank accounts. If you don't answer the summons and deny everything and don't show up to the court date, you are going to get the judgement and your bank accounts frozen. KNOW YOUR RIGHTS! There are statue of limitations also. They are trying to get me on a Citibank card which the account number doesn't belong to anything I have ever had and the last time I had a Citibank credit card was 1992. So they are way off in this. Fight back! Know your rights and make those complaints against them. Rubin and Rothman is another one worst than these people. Also, once you have answered the summons, they are not supposed to call you as it is now going to court - log those calls and bring them into court with you!

james lokchart Apr 22, 2011

The author of the Book "Slaves By Law" is filing a lawsuit against debt collecting attorneys including pressler and the suprior court of NJ. If you are interested in joining the lawsuit against them, email his assistant at [email protected]

• Lu
    Ludy P. Mar 07, 2011

File a complaint on them with The Federal Trade Commission (FTC) and Better Business Bureau. Unless we stop them they will continue to do this shameful acts on the public. I hate Pressler and Pressler. They are the worst.

• Lo
    [email protected]@@ Feb 17, 2011

Hmmm instead of complaining about what happened ...why not get a job and pay ur bills?!?! Are you all really going to say you didn't have the credit card ect? listen we all have fallen on hard time myself as well... but ya know what the cards were charged off and I PAYED MY DEBT..you took a loan...signed a contract agreeing to repay...SO why shouldn't you have to pay the loan? So the tactics are harsh but if you would of manned up and been a responsible borrower none of this would be happening...would you lend someone money and not expect to be repayed??? I THINK NOT...So stop complaining about what happened and pay your bills...I had to...actually didn't have to chose ..I took a loan..repayed thats how it works people..this is why america is in the crapper not b/c of debt collectors but b/c of people who borrow money and don't pay it back..that actually aggravates me not debt collectors..but people who sit and complain ..but they brought it all onto themselves...It was lovely spending the money wasn't it? Aww but now cry when you have to repay money you spent..

• Lm
    LMAO Dec 09, 2010

"I stupidly told them where I worked and they advised that they will move to garnish my salary, which would have me fired from my city job. as an RN Director of Medicare for a Health and Hospital Corp. subsidiary as soon as they are contacted by P&P."

Is it possible for NYC to fire you just because your wages are being garnished? I can only imagine how many people's wages are being garnished for child support, etc. You should look into this, for NYC H&H to fire your over this does not sound like a legal reason to terminate you. Are you part of NYSNA or 1199/RN? Either way, you would be able to fight it.

• Lp
    lpctp1 Aug 12, 2010

Pressler & Pressler are the biggest frauds going...They are !00% backed by the bar association...File for bankruptcy and they don't have the balls to show up at court...They belong in prison, and I will continue to work toward that direction

dolly Aug 01, 2010

You should write to all Senators and Assemblymen in New Jersey. They write the laws. They are the ones who can stop the Special Civil Part of Law Division from existing in the courts. They are voted in by us. They work for us. Tell them what you want done and they will do it.

dolly Jul 31, 2010

I had to show them my disability/social security papers in court. The judge said I had to show my bank account papers also. They did leave me alone after that but I don't trust them and feel they will try again. You definitely have to answer the complaint or you will get a default judgment against you. You need to show up at court also. I don't work so it was easier for me. They know someone who works will be less likely to take off work and show up at court. My problem is this "the Federal Debt Collection Practices Act" is what is suppose to be protecting us. The judges should have a copy of that on their desk and they should understand it because they are violating our rights when they let Pressler & Pressler file motions against us. Also, if this is a contract case the first thing the judge should ask for is the contract. P & P don't have that ever. They also don't have my permission to "buy" my account. I never signed up for a credit card and signed something saying the credit card company can "sell" my debt to someone else. The whole thing is ridiculous. The Special Civil Part Law Division is Unconstitutional in New Jersey. There is no due process. The judge and their lawyer gang up on the defendant. It's wrong, plain and simple. We should all meet outside Governor Christies office and protest on a certain day. We can call the news cameras, etc and carry signs. That should get their attention. It's going to take something big like that to draw attention to the corruption.

• La
    Larry Bumgarner Jun 17, 2010

Please file a complaint with FTC at their sight. When enough do this then they will take action. Also, I know how to be what they call "Private Attorney General" which has the same power as a lawyer and can file a law suit in federal court. It costs $350 for the complaint which we can split up. Contact me at [email protected] if you are interested. I think we could beat them. Larry Bumgarner

• Po
    popie Jun 11, 2010

Pressler and Pressler cleaned out my account in less than 12 hours. I went to get medicine, only to find out my checking account was 16, 000dollars overdrawn-I dont even owe these people close to that amount. Then I get to the bank, and find out its 20, 000dollars they took. Never had close to that amout, and surely dont owe them that amount. How could they take your last money you have? Ive tried to make arrangements with a woman at the company named Christine, telling her I would send monthly payments due to the fact that Im in this position because of failing health and no medical insurance. Gee, this woman isnt there. How convenient. Now, I was actually forced to give her the money=which means no doctors, blood work, electric bill, etc. Why couldnt they have accepted my offer? The president said these companies were supposed to help. Someone tell me how, or where or something. They are not helping. They actually took my life-line. Im actually screwed. But then again, what the hell do they care? All of them are probably rich, sniffing dirtbags who dont give a s--t about people who struggle. But there is an old saying-Karma is a [censor]. They will see. It will all come back to them. needing help-but I pray no body is there to help them. Laura

dolly Jun 10, 2010

Go to the press, newspapers and officials in New Jersey about the crooks, Pressler & Pressler. I made a mistake and the case I sited I think Pressler won but I am not sure. The bottom line is you can demand proof of the contract and they can't produce it so if the local judge in Special Civil part grants their judgment Appeal it to the NJ Supreme court and have an unbiased judge look at the case and decide. Good Luck everyone.

• Ny
    NYer needs help May 10, 2010

My girlfriend has an account from 2000 that was through a cell phone bill. P and P originally froze her bank account. I think she set up a plan to pay them monthly and made 1 payment and they unfroze her account. This account is joint with me. Tought times made it impossible to keep paying and in January 2010 we received a letter that states they filed a judgement in 2006? This judegement is not on any of her credit reports. If they filed it in 2006 or even January 2010 would it be on there by now?

Not sure what our next step should be, we are in NY state. Any help would be great!

dolly May 03, 2010

Anyone that is being harrrassed by pressler & pressler should look up this case, DOCKET NO. A-3460-07T23460-07T2, New Century Financial vs. Dunn. It has all our arguments in it and the Judges agreed and Defendant won not Pressler & Pressler, the biggest crooks. Don't give up. Cite this case into your argument and the judge has to agree with you. Good Luck, . dolly

• Eg
    egarcia0815 Mar 03, 2010

the same thing happen to me they put my account on levey and try to ganrish my wages i filled bankruptcy!!!

• Su
    Susan Nierzwicki Mar 03, 2010

This is scary. I live in America in fear of these people. I feel like leaving my job and moving to another country. I am writing to every politician I can write to!! I paid and paid these blood suckers and they do not stop. And if anyone thinks we are dead beats we are not I started with a $200.00 credit limit and ended up with thousand of dollars in interest and fees!! What a scam. God bless America where she may be I do not know. God bless my Dad who fought hard for these ### in WW II.

shame shame on Pressler & Pressler.

• njdolphin,

You will have to file a motion to vacate default judgment
    if you are in jersey go here

Down load the form to your computer and fill it out

go to this link and read EVERYTHING THERE!!

and go to this site and contact a lawyer.. hopefully it will be inexpensive..

If you are in court with a collection agency, go to the National Associate of Consumer Advocates website (http://www.naca.net) and find an attorney to help you in your area. I got help for $30 and won a $5, 000 settlement against the creditor and had the alledged $7, 000 debt squashed.

The National Association of Consumer Advocates (NACA) is a nationwide organization of more than 1500 members who represent and have represented hundreds of thousands of consumers victimized by fraudulent, abusive and predatory business practices. As an organization fully committed to promoting justice for consumers, NACA's members and their clients are actively engaged in promoting a fair and open marketplace that forcefully protects the rights of consumers, particularly those of modest means.

email us for more info..

• Nj
    njdolphin Jan 27, 2010

These "individuals", I think a better term for them are "###" have a wage garnishment against me, but in the meantime, put a lien/levy against my bank account. The stupid bank never notified me of the lien causing my checks to bounce in turn incur NSF fees. I will be going to Superior Court in Passaic County in the morning to try to take care of the issue myself. I already have a garnishment aginst myself. I have asked these individuals for proof of the debt and that has never been given to me. They have called me and have refused to give me their last name when asked for it.

I hope I can get some where when I go to the courthouse in the morning. Please wish me luck. I will keep you updated.

• CONGRADULATIONS!!

ANOTHER "BLOW" AGAINST THE SCAM!!

GO HERE FOR POSSIBLY THE BEST INFORMATION WE"VE FOUND ON DEBT COLLECTION
    AND TACTICS THEY USE TO TRY TO COLLECT>>

YOU CAN ALSO EMAIL US HERE...

• Gr
    GrayCat Jan 22, 2010

I just got some GREAT news from my husband, who is returning from a court hearing with these shmucks. After they had levied our account, we were so depressed, and ready to give in. The night it happened, I was up at four in the morning, and started to do some research -- also sent an email (feeling as if I were sending it into the void) -- to a lawyer who deals with this crap. The more I researched, the more I realized how scummy and illegal these guys are -- and their levy was illegal, too.

When my husband called, after the levy was in place -- meaning we had to call our landlord in a hurry, and fall behind on all of our bills -- they TRIED to get him to release the funds. DON'T DO THIS. First, as others point out, they need to validate the debt. In our case, it was illegal for them to take our money as his contribution to our joint bank account was unemployment compensation (which he had told them BEFORE the levy) -- the rest was my money, by far the majority of the account.

Hubby, working on his own with some scattered free counsel (don't get me wrong - I'm glad we got ANY counsel) went to court as a pro se litigant, with all of the documentation -- our bank statements (my pay check was direct deposited, so rather hard to say it WASN't mine), the unemployment records, and a brief he prepared himself.

I still can't believe it -- but he WON. What these guys count on is that you WILL back down, feeling helpless and hopeless. They will also count on your not knowing the law. Do research! They also count on the fact that most people on whom they prey cannot pay for legal counsel, so will just fold. They operate in volume -- doing this to as many people as they possibly can -- now, for us, it's a victory -- P and P though will just keep doing what they're doing . . . it is such a scam.

There is certainly a nice toasty little corner of hell waiting for these predators.

• pressler probably put a motion to the court demanding you supply it!

DO NOT GIVE THEM ANY INFORMATION!!

Just as they never properly notified you of your court dates ignore the notice!!

You have a case for having both default judgments overturned..

Defense 1: Improper Service (no personal jurisdiction)

The defense of improper service applies if you never received the summons and complaint at all. Under New Jersey law, the Clerk for the Special Civil Part mails the summons complaint to the defendant by certified mail. There is no legal requirement that a defendant must be personally served with a summons and complaint in a Special Civil Part collection case. As a result of these rather lax personal service rules, there is a tremendous amount of default judgments that are entered in the Special Civil Part. Therefore, improper service often can be a strong ground to defend against a credit card lawsuit.

The most common examples of incorrect service are sending the summons to an old address where you no longer live. Improper service is a defense that is usually raised in a motion to vacate a default judgment. In New Jersey this defense is rarely used to defend against a “run of the mill” credit card collection case. However, there are hundreds of thousands of credit card default judgments entered each year in the Special Civil Part Courts. Therefore, this defense can assist many debtors to undo a default judgment for a credit card debt.

Our Question is DID YOUR MOTHER "SIGN" FOR THE mail?

They usually send them both regular mail and certified, if the certified is returned but not the regular mail, they "assume" you received it!

If your mother Signed for the certified, they assume you definitely got it..

but all hope is not lost, you can still appeal the summery judgments!!

From reading your email here is our suggestions...

Ignore their financial statement requested by the court FOR NOW!!

go to this link and read EVERYTHING THERE!!

and go to this site and contact a lawyer.. hopefully it will be inexpensive..

KEEP US POSTED!!!

• Sm
    Smbdysboo Nov 24, 2009

Hello... Pressler and Pressler has placed levy on two of my accounts on two seperate occasions collecting a total of about $1000. This debt was supposedly purchased from Rooms to Go by Century Financial, about $4000 (way more then my original debt was in 1999!!! YES 1999!

I have never gone to court (mail arrives at my mother's home which I do not get until weeks later, most often times too late, but anyway, I have not been to court. Of course, as mentioned above, because of this, they did get a judgment against me in 2007 and levied my accounts in 2007, and again in 2008 (I don't keep large amounts of cash any longer). They have not been able to get wage garnishments because I work in another state and have no jurisdiction over that state; my HR has been great, that since Pressler and Pressler cannot furnish the legal paperwork to have them garnish it, they have not done so in the several years there.

My mom has just given me a letter from Pressler and Pressler stating that if I don't complete a financial statement requested by the court (copy of it attached) by Dec xx, 2009 (I believe the court has subpoenaed it), I will be held in contempt and a warrant issued for my arrest (my understand is the warrant not for failure to pay, because there is no such thing, but for failure to appear or failure to comply with the court with the subpoenaed financial info).

Sooooo... I have read much here, and else where. Step one, answer to the court, not Pressler yes?? And request the court for Pressler to provide proof of this debt... which I KNOW they do not have. I have a copy of my entire file, and you are right: it is just a simple printout of Century... in no way does it show Century purchasing this debt from Rooms to Go, nor does it show any credit agreement, application, purchase or debt or anything similar with this Rooms to Go. The original debt was from 1999 in Florida; statue of limitation in Florida, as well as in NJ is 6 years. By the way... NONE OF THIS, not CENTURY FINANCIAL not ROOMS to GO come up on my credit report. If this is a legitamate debt or collection agency, why did it NEVER show up on my credit reports. All I see is multiple inquiries by Pressler and Pressler.

I plan to represent myself or get legal aid to assist me in the filing. Has anyone represented themselves when requesting the court to make them provide proof?

I'll email stopthirdpartydebtcollectors also.

• msebok,

In reading your post, you base your response to Pressler and pressler as
    "ACTUALLY HAVING SOOME COMPASSION",
    THEY HAVE "NONE",
    they are 3rd Party Debt Collectors,
    HEARTLESS, LYING ###, AND WILL TWIST THE LAW IN THEIR FAVOR!!

Not to mention that they have heard all the "SOB" stories before..

THE ONLY THING THEY UNDERSTAND IS AN "EDUCATED" CONSUMER,
    WHO USES THE LAW, THE WAY THEY DO!!

Calling them with your plight was not what had to be done.

You needed to file an answer with the court, (cost $15.00)
    contesting their lawsuit, then send them discovery,
    to prove their case!!

Of course they got a summery judgement,
    they knew from their conversation with you,
    that they could get over on you and
    get the court to grant one to them!!

You filed a motion with the court to exempt your SSI,
    which the judge granted, providing
    you supplied documentation to the court and Pressler,

"BUT YOU STILL HAVE A SUMMERY JUDGEMENT AGAINST YOU!!"
    AND IT IS ON FILE WITH THE STATE!!

ANY AND ALL FUTURE MONIES AND OR PROPERTY OF YOURS,
    INCLUDING YOUR REAL ESTATE IS ON LEIN!!
    TO PRESSLER!!!

THIS WILL ALSO INCLUDE ANY INHERITENCE YOU ATTEMPT TO PASS ON TO YOUR HEIRS!!

YOU NEED TO OVERTURN THIS SUMMERY JUDGEMENT!!
    BY FILING A MOTION WITH THE COURT!!

SO YOU CAN PROOF THAT THEY HAVE NO LEGAL "CONTRACT" TO ENFORCE
    TO GET A SUMMERY JUDGEMENT!!

YOU CAN ALSO SUE THEM IN FEDERAL COURT
    UNDER THE FAIR DEBT COLLECTION ACT,
    FOR FAILING TO VERIFY THE DEBT!!
    NOT NOTIFING YOU OF THE SUMMERY JUDEGMENT COURT DATE, ECT!!

EACH COUNT AGAINST THEM IS $1000.
    THESE ### HAVE TO BE STOPPED!!!
    EVEN IF ONLY "ONE CASE" AT A TIME!!

AS FOR COLLECTING YOUR FEES BACK FROM THE BANK,
    WE SUGGEST WRITING A LETTER TO THE BANK
    EXPLAINING WHAT HAPPENED HOW YOU WERE BAMBOOZLED,
    and maybe the bank will give you your monies back.
    You can also threaten to sue the bank
    if they don't honor the request,
    because the bank was
    "SUPPOSED to NOTIFY" YOU ahead of time
    that your account was to be FROZEN!!

But they usually never do!!

If you need assistance, email us at

[email protected]

We would also like to hear your story,
    or any ones hence our title
    stop third party debt collectors!!

• Ms
    msebok Sep 16, 2009

I totally agree that Pressler & Pressler is a very fraudlent company. I received correspondence from them once and over the phone requested proof of the debt and advised them at that time I was ill and on Social security disability. They never responded I never thought of it again. However last month I recieved a call advising me of a default judgment they received in reference to the debt they were trying to collect. I at that time advised them that I was disabled and my only income was from SSDI. However just 3 weeks ago I was online checking my account and discovered all my money was on hold. I called my bank to find out that Pressler & Pressler had put the levy on my account for a company called New Century Financial Services. I called Pressler & Pressler and advised them my funds were excempt, they wanted me to send them 3 months of bank statements and told me they would tell me what was excempt and what was not. I advised them I was filing a motion with the courts and I would let the courts make the decision. The court requested I send pressler & Pressler proof, I sent only a copy of my deposits for the month the levy was attached, which were from social security direct deposit. They notified me today that they are withdrawing the levy. However my money was not avaible to me for almost a month and I was charged NSF fees and a $25.00 charge from my bank for processing the levy. Does anyone know if I could collect my fees back.

• Candy,
    In your comment you said its been 4 months since they sued...
    DID THEY WIN THE CASE??
    DID THE JUDGE GRANT THEM A SUMMERY JUDGEMENT??
    If he did THEY WILL BE GARNISHING YOUR WAGES, and GOING AFTER YOUR BANK ACCOUNTS!!
    THEY ALSO HAVE THE JUDGEMENT ON FILE WITH THE STATE!!
    YOU NEED TO PUT A MOTION TO THE COURT TO OVER TURN THE SUMMERY JUDGEMENT, BASED ON THE FACT THAT THEY NEVER "PROVED THEIR CASE""
    The address deal is probably a "mistake' or slick move to get you confused!!
    THEY HAVE A MAIN OFFICE IN NEW JERSEY AND BRANCH OFFICES IN SEVERAL OTHER STATES!!

IF YOU NEED MORE INFO ON WHAT TO DO>>EMAIL US AT !

• Ca
    candy_1900 Sep 16, 2009

I had the same situation with these scammers. i'm not paying money to them now it's 4 month since they sued. they won't show me any contract between the bank and debt collector company. and i don't even remember did i owe that debt because i thought i paid off my debts.. and this debt they're sending me is 6 years old doesn't sound this ridiculous? and how dare Sheldon Pressler post his address wrong???
    the address thay they use for the letters is in Parsipanny, NJ. and guess what they have new address now they're located in Brooklyn, NY.

• Ca
    candy_1900 Sep 16, 2009

These people are soo bad!!! I will pray for everybody God Bless us!! And still interesting that they're still alive with these so much sins they did in the past . Wy law can't get them? Maybe attorneys and the judge are working with them to make some money. People like these will kill America's economy. instead of paying these P & P we could've pay these money for taxes for good will.
    And it's still interesting and curious case that such agencies like Police department and FBI still are not informed with these situations what citizens have to deal with?
    Does anybody know how we can join against this company Pressler and Pressler and defeat them they need to stop doing the things what they're doing now.
    I hope and I will pray God to make them eat trash at the street as they become homeless and no fund!!! Only then they will understand what they caused people and they're living the same situation as their victims did in the past. i'll s pray every day for them to be defeated to be in our situataion and remember us and God and regret about everythng they did and pray for the good life. but when they'll be doing this it'll be too late because there will be homeless.
    i'll pray, for our success in defeatng them.. i'll pray and ask God to never face us with these greedy and mean people, i'll pray for peace.

• Nj
    NJSPfrauddivision Jul 16, 2009

Do whatever you can to communicate with the courts. Talking to P&P does nothing. In my county it is free to file a motion to prove. This will eliminate 80% of these claims. Be Honest if you really owe the debt find a way to handle it before they levy your bank accounts. They will always get more than the original amount you owe.

Rest assured there are many Judges under investigation as well as Pressler and Pressler. But the Judicial system is full of "fat cats" that are covered in teflon. Sheldon Pressler plays golf with most of the judges in north Jersey and believe me they are both laughing all the way to your levied bank account.

The Obama administration has established a consumer debt task force, with special investigators in the New York and New Jersey state police as well as a federal investigator involved in this credit nightmare. The bottom line is, if you have any proof at all that you do not owe said debt, you have substantially more proof than Pressler and Pressler. Companies like these rely on Bully tactics, and and your fear.
    Stay strong, prove your case, and they will move on to their next victim. Sadly enough they will get away with it until enough people fight back.

• Na
    nachocheese Jun 20, 2009

the subsequent garneshment after an initial wage execution is what is called an "interest certification". what that means is that when the wage
    execution is paying down the debt, there is interest accruing on the outstanding balance. the original writ of execution that was served at your place of employment can not include future interest as there is no way of determining what that would be. the state sets the interest rate and ca's have a right to that interest. so once the original amount on the initial execution is paid off there is still a balance equal to the interest that had accumulated. this will be re-served as another wage execution at your place of employment and once deducted the judgement should be satisfied.

hope that helps!

• There is a huge SCAM, a multimillion dollar SCAM, being forced on the american public!!

And our legal system is in on it!

third party debt collectors!!!

When you stop paying on a credit card debt,
    The original creditor is mandated by federal law, to charge-off an account when no payments have been received for 180 days.
    That date is refered to as the �Date of Last Activity (DLA)’ and reported as such, to the credit reporting agencies by the creditor.

After they write it off, they "Bundle" all these uncollectable accounts and sell them for pennies on the dollar on the open market, this is where the 3rd party debt collectors come in.

They BUY a "BUNDLE" of this uncollected debt info from the original bank.

However what they buy is your name, account number, and what you owed to the original bank.

They rarely or never get your "original signed contract" with the credit card company, your last statement of payment on the account, and the original writeoff amount.

This is what they need to "PROVE" in court that they now have "TITLE" to your original debt.!!

This information is usually sold several times within the "networks" still as a BUNDLE
    of uncollectable debt!

They will harris you on the phone, send threating letters, saying that they represent
    "XYC LLC" who now has title to your Bank of Bundi account in which you owe some
    ridiculous amount.

First off the "XYC LLC" company is usually some "shell" company that the collection law firm has setup, because by law, the law firm itself cannot hold title and try to enforce a judgement against you.

So they have to "represent" a client who holds title, so they claim against you.

The law they are trying to collect on is "CONTRACT" law, , which requires them to have "the original signed contract", and the "deeds of transfer", indicating your account specifically with the "deeds of transfer", and a copy or original of your last statement, indicating your last payment on the account, and the "charge Off" amount. Which the original bank "wrote Off" its books.

They never have any of this information, what they present to the court is a hodge podge of information, a pasted piece from an excell spredsheet with your name, address ect, usually 2 pages sideways, "certifications" which are assembled by their own staff on their own computer systems, including usually an amount you owe which they assembled from their own computer system. From this "Budle" they bought for pennies on the dollar!!

The problem is unless you "ANSWER THE LAWSUIT" Requiring you to file an answer to the suit, contesting the "CONTRACT CASE" Pay the $15.00 fee to the court, and Show up on the Date of the court hearing and contest the case by demanding that they supply the original contract, deeds of transfer, and last payment statement, "
    indicating your account "specifically" and the "charge Off" amount...

They will request a default judgement from the Judge..and he will grant it!

I have specifically fought 3 cases against me, taking several court dates, time off from work, endless hours of waiting, but they realized
    I knew what I was talking about and that they could't proof their case,
    IE get over on me...and they dismissed their suits...
    go here...http://www.budhibbs.com/index.html
    here Collection Agencies Illegal Practices ~ New Jersey
    and here

and here

and here for a expose on tv

The reason the courts are usually on their side is "MONEY"
    each time they file its $15.00 fee, each time you answer its $15.00 fee,
    multiply that times the thousands of collection cases and you can see how the courts make money..not to mention that its a "Buddy" system..

you can email us at [email protected]
    for more info!!