PosterPass.comdeceptive business practices

K

Go to the website there is an advertisement saying that you can get four posters for 2.00 each. Then, on your bank charges you see a charge for 39.80. It said nothing on the advertisement about that. Beware!

Charlene Real Aug 04, 2016

I fell for their 4 posters for $2 each scam also! I checked my Bank Statement and seen that I was Charged $34.68!! For $ Posters? That is a RIP OFF!! Their ad miss leads you. They don't say about the hidden Shipping&Handling Charges! Now, I have an Over Draft Charge because of their Hidden Charges!! I'm a Single Mom trying to live on S.S.I., I thought that I would buy 4 Posters for Cheap Christmas gifts! Boy, was I taken for a ride!! I did call and was told that the $34.68 will be put back into my account in 3-7 Business days! Will see? But,I'm Still Stuck with a Large Over Draft Charge! These People Need to be Stopped! They are ripping People Off Big Time!!

• Ka
    KarenD. Aug 04, 2016

I'm just disgusted that they are ripping so many people off (including me!)... I actually contacted my local FBI office and they told me that unauthorized charges to your credit card IS CREDIT CARD FRAUD and is handled by the United States Secret Service Agency! I've already left a message with them and I will be filing a complaint and making them aware of Peel, Inc. Please do the same... Together we can expose this company!

Also, here is the form to file a complaint with the Illinois Attorney General's Office:

• Ke
    kevin l nicholson Aug 04, 2016

I as well as others have the same complaint about the shipping charge as well as being charged 44.00 for subscription fee in which i hadn't even received the first posters. Payment was made 4/23/07 it's now 5/12/07 and no notification or update as to where my posters are. At least other companies will keep you abreast. Also i was told when the second shipment of posters {that i didn't even get to pick}came, return to sender for refund. I see if i don't receive the posters by this week i will call them again if no resolution, maybe the BETTER BUSINESS GROUP can help.

Matt Aug 04, 2016

They say it will cost $8 to send me 4 posters, and in reality they charged me $39. I have complained everywhere, and when i called them and confronted them, they recited to me my name and address and said "we know where you live, we know who you are" Company is the same as

Peel, Inc.
    [protected]

990 Grove St.
    Suite 204
    Evanston, IL 60201
    [protected]

Also the parent company of Seattle Coffee Direct and a few other mail order scams. Stay away

• Ke
    Kevin Bruce Jacks Aug 04, 2016

I did not see a $26.00 dollar shipping & handling fee or I would not have ordered that is a RIP--OFF

• Ro
    Robin Aug 04, 2016

I hope every person you screwed over with your ### cheap ### posters sue your ### off and put you under the jail!!! You should be put on a billboard on the side of a road, so everyone can see what real ### looks like!!! Your a disgrace to your WHOLE FAMILY!!!

• La
    Laura Aug 04, 2016

I was scared when I ordered my posters because I did not have a receipt to review before my order was processed. I have to watch every dime so I called their number but it was after hours so I left a message to call me with the shipping charges. They never did . I called the two days later and was then told I had not read the fine print and the extra charges were because I was joining a club.

I feel that this was a case of someone else deciding how to spend my money, taking it from my bank account and then telling me I had no right to be angry about it. . B.S! That's bank fraud. That's larceny. It is incredibly disrespetful and deceiving. Let me see what I'm buying and I'll decide if I wish to buy it. That is the basis of fair trade. I think the posters are lovely and was truly looking forward to having them. This really leaves a bad feeling about something so incredibly trivial that it just makes me even madder.

The amount added to the $2/per poster cost was over $30! I ordered four @$2 but I was billed $39.56 ; that's $8 for the posters and @31.56 for something I never asked to be apart of. I did not in any way shape or form join a club. I might have, had I seen what I was joining in and if it was of value TO ME. I was not given the opportunity to review any such information.

Their representative said it was in "the terms of agreement" posted at the bottom of the page. This is not how information of a purchase is to be presented to a potential buyer. The seller is bound by law to be above board and overt in their product and its price.

Now I have to send back something I wanted and wait to be reimbursed for the $39.56 which will inevitably be reduced to keep the shipping...which I will have to pay AGAIN to send it back.

This is usurious and scurrilous behavior from an American vendor. You don't build a business reputation by doing more harm than good to your customer base. What has happened to this county? Why does every business feel the need to push greed over integrity? I am ashamed of this company. I cannot support this kind of tactic.

Jeff Berman Aug 04, 2016

Dear Matt,

I apologize for any problems you may have encountered with our company, Poster Pass. Here at Poster Pass our goal is 100% customer satisfaction. Please call to speak to a customer service representative at 888-217-CAFE so that we may swiftly rectify this situation. By providing us with some basic information, such as your name and zip code, we can look up your account to clear up any problems. If you are unsatisfied in any way, we will reasonably discontinue service and provide return shipping information. For further clarification, please see our details and https://www.posterpass.com/TC.php?brand=Posterpass&ver=3&freeShip=1&interest=5For5.

Jeff Berman Aug 04, 2016

Dear Michael,

I apologize for the trouble you have had with my company, Poster Pass, and I believe I can help you to rectify this situation. Please call to speak to a customer service representative at [protected] as soon as possible. By providing us with some basic information, such as your name and zip code, we can look up your account to clear up any problems. If you are unsatisfied in any way, we will reasonably terminate your membership and provide refunds. Do not open any posters you do not want to keep. Unopened posters can be returned for a full refund. To better understand the charges to your account, please see our details and terms at https://www.posterpass.com/TC.php?brand=Posterpass&ver=3&freeShip=1&interest=5For5. Here you will find the conditions of the membership your son enrolled in when he originally purchased posters. I hope you find this information helpful.

• Ol
    Oliver S Aug 04, 2016

I saw an advertisement offering 4 posters for $2.00 each. I ordered four posters, and when I checked my credit card statement I saw a $39.00 charge. I never agreed to this!

I went to their website and discovered that they enroll you into some kind of membership. The terms and conditions of this service are not clearly posted on the order page. I think they do this on purpose to hide the fact that the customer will be billed more than he expects.

Their terms of service do not even specify how much they charge for shipping and handling. It's clearly a violation. Every customer is not aware how much they will take from the credit card. Here is from their site

"Your initial order will be shipped to you within 10 days of your ordering. Please wait at least 2 weeks from order to receive your initial order. A one-time handling fee will be added to your order. Cancel anytime by calling us at [protected]."

I called to cancel my "membership" right away.

Please note that they will charge you a whopping $9.95 per poster, plus a shipping and handling fee.

Run from this company. I hope someone gives them a lesson and closes their business.

Here is a link to their Terms of Service. Please read carefully before making your decision.

• Mi
    Michael Luciano Aug 04, 2016

I tried to access this site with my email because im being charged for posters I never ordered.My son tried the 4 posters for $2 each and never checked how you send anything you want to my house every month and charge his credit card over $50 a month!! This is a scam of some kind because I never approved of anyone charging my credit cards every month for anything. He has his own credit card in my name and tried to buy a few posters for $2 each and it has grown to some ripoff. He just showed me the unopen cannisters with I guess posters in them. There are 3 unopen cannisters and I want to send them back for a refund of whatever you charged the credit card. I havent seen the bills but I pay then and $50 a month for a poster is instant, unless they are signed Mantle or something. Get back to me on this or I will contact my credit card company and the better business bureau about this matter. How can you send posters every month and bill a credit card when you never received any orders for them. What kind of posters are in those cannisters? Im not opening them to find out. They are unopened except for the first order that was legit according to him but anything after that was not ordered.I tried to access the account info but when I put in my email address you never send me my password. There is a website dedicated to complaints about your business practices and I will bring this to the credit card company as well as the better business bureau if you dont make this right. Im a government employee that knows how to go about things.

Michael Luciano
    35 Bidwell ave
    Staten Island,NY 10314
    ([email protected])

• Ri
    Rich pJOHNSON Jul 20, 2016

Poster Pass is the worst scam THAT i HAVE EVER SEEN.I am so disgusted with their cheap posters and six x 39.00, within amonth on top of dont send anymore and cancel everything, and they are still sending them.help

james a taylor Jul 20, 2016

I called there and cancelled my membership because the posters were not worth the 83.00 they were charging me.I sent the poster s back they said they would put the money back on my card and they have not done it yet .if it isnt done soon I will take action again this company have a great day james taylor

Sandra Srown Jul 20, 2016

Posterpass.com is a scam.I called the co. the same day and informed them if they required a membership I want to cancel my order all together. They still billed my charge card 34.00

sandra gruszynski Jul 20, 2016

I too am complaining about PosterPass and its nefarious business practices. They are consummate scam artists as well as verbally threatening. I have charges of $12o plus on my credit card for unordered, unwanted posters. Like the others who have issued warnings here, I was taken in by their offer of $2.00 a poster for four posters. Now I must change my credit card as well. Not only is the company fraudulent on-line but also does not provide receipts with their merchandise. We must work to put them out of business with complaints to the Better Business Bureau and with lawsuits if necessary.

• Lo
    lori Jul 20, 2016

I am just trying to cancel this overcharging company I sure would like to know where my 2 dollar posters are mine were 39.80 We ought to get a class action suit against them.

Dear Sandra,

I apologize for the trouble you have had with my company, Poster Pass. Please call [protected] immediately, and a customer service representative would be happy to assist you. By providing us with some basic information, such as your name and zip code, we can look up your account to clear up any problems. If you are unsatisfied in any way, we will reasonably terminate your membership and provide refunds. To better understand the charges to your account, please see our details and terms at https://www.posterpass.com/TC.php?brand=Posterpass&ver=3&freeShip=1&interest=5For5.

• Sc
    Scotty Aiken Jul 20, 2016

Overcharged over the weekend, more than to which I thought I had agreed. I have a message into them, but have not dealt with anyone directly as of yet. The initial charge is $25 to which I agreed in order to join Reunion.com, promotionally..., but a new charge has just appeared, sending me into overdraft, for 38 dollars and something change. I am regretting my impulsive decision to find out who supposedly searched for me on Reunion.com by agreeing to receive 5 posters at 5 dollars each from posterpass.com, which I thought I could use perhaps as Xmas presents. Additionally, I am holding onto the hope that I will get them to remove the extra charge without the runaround, as exceptional as that may be, it seems, based on the other stories on this page. Thank you, Scotty Aiken

• Ro
    Ronald Roberson Jul 20, 2016

I was led to believe that 4 posts would cost $8.00 dollars, my bank account was charged for $39.00 dollars, and later an additional charge of 48.00, I did not authorize either charge and would greatly appreciate any possible way to rectify this unfortunate situation, of fraud. Poster pass is a very fraudulent company that lies and misleads individuals!

• De
    Deborah Stone Jul 20, 2016

I ordered 4 posters at $2 per poster. I was charged $39.00 on June 22, 2007. I was checking my On Line Bank Account and saw where they charged me an additional $48 for??? What I do not know. I am calling them this morning and my bank. This will stop today.

Sarita Howe Jul 20, 2016

I'm so frustrated. I purchased 4 posters for a kid's room, thinking OK maybe $20. It's been 3 weeks since my order, I've received 1 poster and have thus far been charged for 3 shipments, totally $175. I've been out of town-not monitoring my debit card daily-I'm having heartburn now that I've read what everyone else has to say.

Jeff Berman Jul 20, 2016

I am very sorry for any troubles you may have had with our company, Poster Pass. Be assured that at Poster Pass our goal is 100% customer satisfaction. Please call to speak to a customer service representative at [protected] so that we may swiftly rectify this situation. By providing us with some basic information, such as your name and zip code, we can look up your account to clear up any problems. If you are unsatisfied in any way, we will reasonably provide refunds, return shipping information and anything else that will make your experience with our company more satisfactory. For further clarification, please see our details and terms at https://www.posterpass.com/TC.php?brand=Posterpass&ver=3&freeShip=1&interest=5For5.

• Ra
    Ralph Navarrete Jul 20, 2016

I too have been duped! Iam furious and I can see now how easily I fell into their lair. I would greatly appreciate hearing from anyone who has an answer to remedy or at least recover some part of the funds I have lost. Thank you everyone for sharing your complaints.

• Ge
    Georgia Paul Jul 20, 2016

THIS COMPANY IS DOING BUSINESS, SLYING, IN THE FINE PRINT OF ANY OFFER. I, too, ordered posters last month only to receive MORE than I thought I ordered but I figured I did do this and did not remember what I picked. NOW, I HAVE A NEW CHARGE THIS MONTH FOR $48 -- for what I don't know! When I called PosterPass I was told that I accepted "MEMBERSHIP" when I placed my order last month !!! It was in the FINE writing somewhere. But you know, when you become a member of a site, don't you get a welcome e-mail saying something like we are glad you are NOW a MONTHLY MEMBER and go to the SITE because you will be shipped ANYTHING if you don't pick it out?

I have worked with attys for 35+ yrs -- I've demanded my money be put back into my account TODAY and BE REMOVED from any sort of membership with this site. I am on disability and this is a LOT OF MY MONEY MISSING FROM MY CHECKING ACCOUNT RIGHT AT CHRISTMAS!!!

I WILL NEVER, EVER BUY FROM THIS COMPANY AGAIN.

• Mo
    Molly Jo Jul 20, 2016

I got sucked in this racket too. I called my credit card company and ask that my card number be changed. They don't sent you a receipt with your shipments so you don't know what is on your credit card until after the fact. Here we are complaining, can't we do more? I wish a huge fraud sign would jump up every time Poster Pass was looked up. I wish people could be warned about this site. What could we do?

Molly.

• Ri
    Rita Davis Jul 20, 2016

I also signed up for the the poster deal four posters for $2.00 each , when I received my credit card statement I was shocked when I saw the $39.00 charge. The first thing I did was call the company and left a message, because it was to late to speak to anyone. I told them I better get a call back on monday because ,first I am calling the credit card company to dispute the charges then I am going to the post office to ship them back and I want a full refund including what I pay to ship the posters back. I'll bet my life it won't cost $31.00 shipping. THIS IS A TOTAL SCAM.

• Ra
    ramona russell Jul 20, 2016

So much for two dollars got charged 39 dollars this is complete B.S. and shouldn't be allowed to continue to do this to so many people.

• Fr
    froggsong Jul 20, 2016

Check out this page: http://complaintwire.org/Complaint.aspx/4lwMVJDdfQDcQQjJgM-5xQ/2 there is talk of beginning a class action lawsuit against the company. The mother company of this website runs alot of similar sites (some selling the same products as others that they run at grossly different prices from the exact same product) with the same shipping policies. The mother company is peel.com. Check it out and look at the commerce page and see some of the sites they run. You can look on who.godaddy.com to see that posterpass is owned by these guys. I hope the lawsuit goes through. One of the guys posting on the site I posted up there lives in the area that posterpass is based out of, so it may actually get rolling. I certainly want to be a part of it, even if I am unable to claim any funds. (I hope to get my money refunded soon, I am shipping the posters back today. I see that alot of people didn't get their money refunded though) I know that my account has been canceled, but from what I have read, I should call the credit card company and tell them not to accept any more charges from them just to be sure. The more of us that calls the credit card companies to complain, the more chance there is that they will be out on the blacklist anyway. That way no charges will ever be approved from them unless the credit card company calls the cardholder to approve it first. That way they will stop it when they see how much it is, I want to protect others from this atrocity.

• Au
    Audrey A. Wagner Jul 20, 2016

I was a similar victim. Charged extra $33.00 after returning poster (unopened)!! to them. This is a terrible scam, but I should remember - there is no free pass.

C Ha Jul 20, 2016

I also signed up for the 4 posters for $2 each offer, which said it was $2 per poster + shipping and handling. I would have been ok with even $10 for shipping, even though I doubt it costs that much to ship a poster, but $31??? Come on. Total scam. Do not sign up.

• St
    steven m akers Jul 20, 2016

I also signed up four the 4 poster deal for $2 each and got charged $39.78!

• Yv
    Yvonne Allec Jul 20, 2016

Just want it known that I thoroughly checked out the terms and conditions and every other piece of information available and the only charge that was mentioned was the $2.00 per poster for four posters and shipping charges, but it doesn't take $39.00 to ship paper posters (4). What can be done? This has to be illegal.

• Gb
    gbonnieg Jul 20, 2016

i, ve been charged 2x$39.+ in 2 days without my authorizing purchase.bonnie [email protected]

• Gb
    gbonnieg Jul 20, 2016

help me get this company out of my life.my bank is overdrawn now.gbonnieg

Dear Donald,

Donald House Jul 20, 2016

I was charged FOUR different times $39.80 did not recive nothing now i in the negitive on my bank account and am getting charged overdraft fees on top of All that!!!

Donald House Jul 20, 2016

doneyo52 Jul 20, 2016

If you are still having trouble with them contact this person:

Brian Dale
    [email protected]

I got a $79 charge 1 1/2 years after I canceled my account. It took me some time trying to get in contact with these people, but Brian Dale says he is the "president" of the company and he told me I will have a refund within 72 hours. I have yet to see if that is true.

Good luck!