• Sh
    Sheila Moneypenny Dec 20, 2007

Fraudulent charges! Beware!

• Do
    Donald M Maze Dec 22, 2007

I, like another reader's comment have had the same charges for the same amount to my credit card account without my authorization. How to I get this stopped?

• Ag
    AGNES L. BAILEY Jan 05, 2008

Made unauthorized charges on my new MasterCard as follows:

11/26/07 PMIDENTITY.CO319115998 88-840-6301 CT $1.00

12/03/07 PMIDENTITY.CO319115998 88-840-6301 CT $29.95

Another charge may have been processed on 01/03/08

• Ho
    Holly Bawcum Jan 07, 2008

Who are they? I have a charge for 14.95 and my husband and I can't figure out who/what this company is. I have no recollection of any service.

David Slagle Jan 07, 2008

I also received billing from the same place on the same dates, what is this PMidentity? I did not use my card for this. Fraudulent for sure!!!

David Willis Jan 20, 2008

The same thing happened to me. Call the Privacy Matters 1-2-3 toll-free at 1-877-993-6264, and cancel your account NOW! Then, call your bank and complain about these blood-suckers. They will stop further payments from being successful.

• Mi
    Michele Miranda Jan 24, 2008

They took money from my bank account for payment I never authorized. $29.95 and then $1.00.

• Wa
    Wayne King Jan 25, 2008

you charged my bank acct on 12-27-07 -- 14.95 and i want you to stop and refund my 14.95 i have no idea who you are and i dont remember signing up for any services with your company. I already have privacy guard with my mortgage co. thank you wayne kinga

• Cr
    C. Rosa Jan 27, 2008

Found 2 charges against checking account in one month, did not authorize these withdrawals.

• Sp
    S P Samy Feb 07, 2008

I too charged $29.5 each by PMIdentity and PrivacyMAtters, although i did not authorise them to do so. Can any one help me how to get it back ans stop those fraudulant charges in future

Marian Crouse Feb 11, 2008

There was an amount of $29.95 on my bank statement witch I do not feel we owe. Beware people!

• Je
    Jennifer Davis Feb 15, 2008

PM IDENTITY has made unauthoized charges to my mothers debit card. The first unauthorized withdraw was on 2/12/08 the amount was $19.95, the second unauthorized charge was on 2/14/08 the amount of that withdraw was the same $19.95. We are going to do everything possible to prosecute these criminals!!!
    Sincerely, Jennifer Davis

• Mi
    mike burt Feb 18, 2008

The ### did the same thing to me.. they are liars and theives.. we need to bring them down.. any idea how?

joey Feb 23, 2008

THIS PMIDENTITY CHARGE MR 2 TIMES OF $29.95 IF I WERE YOU CANCEL NOW. I DIDN'T EVEN GET MY CREDIT SCORE........SAD BUT TRUE CALL YOUR BANK TOO.

• Ca
    catherine zoe hanson Feb 26, 2008

they have taken moneys from my credit card called them said they we're going to refund it in 2 to 3 days has nt happen

• Ca
    catherine zoe hanson Feb 26, 2008

i agree how can we get our moneys back use my number put in manually

• Ka
    Kathleen Planck Mar 10, 2008

Charged my bank account for a service I did not order.

• Na
    nancy Mar 27, 2008

pmidentity has charged my debit account two or three times for something I have not authorized-

Dave Cox Apr 04, 2008

Please cancil any further charges.

• Do
    Dorothy Herrmann Apr 07, 2008

I was looking for free credit reports that you can get once a year. I got into creditdiagnosis and was entering information and did get to where you had to pay a dollar I thought what the heck. I did. I never even completed it all and they have taken out 29.95 twice once for the Credit report and one for the identity which I never even considered. BE careful when entering into uncharted territory. I never would have known if I hadn't check my accounts. Not to mention the fact that I only did this like a week ago. It should be clearly stated I feel as though I was trapped or tricked. I am sure I will never see my 29.95 I am a single mom of 2 teenagers and do not have this kind of money to throw away.

Not when I can get the same thing for FREE!

• Ge
    Gerald P.Winfrey Apr 08, 2008

I had th same thing happen to me they took money from my account with out my authorization

• Ka
    Kaye Preston Apr 14, 2008

Unauthorized charges have appeared on my credit card. Beware all!

• Ce
    Cecilia Carr Apr 16, 2008

How is this company getting our private information. They told me they would send me proof to my email but I never received anything. Is it that easy to scam people out of their money?

• De
    deborah campbell Apr 18, 2008

pulled 29.95 from my checking account

• Je
    jessica Apr 22, 2008

To everyone complaning about the pmidentity it is privacy matters they have an identity theft program. You need to call 1-888-242- 4148 to cancel all of the things that go with privacy matters. I had to do it because I didn't know what the charges were either. For three months I kept getting charge 29.95 plus 1.00. Now I hope me calling will stop all the charges. They said they will credit my account in two days I will let you guys know how things turn out. Ty for your time.

• Ra
    Rashad Apr 23, 2008

Pmidentity is taking 19.95 a month out of my checking account unathorized.how do i cancel it?

• Gw
    Gwen Bruce Apr 25, 2008

I want to end my membership now, I am calling my credit card and they will no longer pay.

• K
    k May 02, 2008

Same thing to me. 19.95 it just started. I'm sure they will keep tryinging.

• Su
    Sumus Unus May 16, 2008

I did an Email search on INTELIUS for $9.95. One month later I checked my credit card statement and there was the $9.95 charge from Intelius and another charge for $19.95 from PMIDENTITY ( Privacy Maters) that is affiliated with Intelius and was not authorized by me. I called them both up and they basically told me I was screwed because I approved these which I did not. I in turn called my credit card company and disputed both charges since I feel Intelius was not fair and got a credit for both of these charges. They might give you a hard time but they will not argue with your credit card company or bank.
    If you have this problem here are some numbers to complain.
    Intelius : 1-888-445-2727
    Privacy Matters : 1-888-840-6301

• Ra
    ranessa Jun 08, 2008

Charged 19.95 for two months for a service I know nothing about.

• Su
    suzanne bennett Jul 17, 2008

I have had unauthorized charges appear on three of my credit cards. At 20.00 dollars a charge this is adding up as there are multiple charges on my discover card after I requested the transactions be discontinued.

Mary Jul 18, 2008

I went online to get a free report. After that, my Citibank card has been billed each month for $29.95 and $1. This has happened 4 months now. I want the charges stopped and all the charges refunded to my account.

• Au
    Austin McGinley Jul 23, 2008

You are NOT authorized for monthly charges I will dispute

• Sh
    SHARON Aug 11, 2008

taking unauthorized money out of my account.

Sarah Aug 28, 2008

I wish I had more information on this company that has repeatedly been charging my debit card over $30 a month! I want a full refund of everything! Please help!

charles t hayes Sep 28, 2008

pm identity took 19.95 plus 1$for chages unknown to me its faudi want my money back

marcela bolanos Sep 30, 2008

my card has been charge 4 times and i have no idea what they are for

Janice Preston Nov 04, 2008

Money was taken out of my account wiyhout authorization and I want it returned.

• Wh
    Whisper Nov 30, 2008

I was charged a unautherized debit charge of 29.95 twice.

• Va
    vans1950 Feb 01, 2009

Unauthorized charge appeared on my Paypal acct. For $59.90. On contacting the company by phone I cancelled services and am supposed to get my money back . This has not happened yet. Then I get an email saying A$39.00 refund will show on one of my next 2 stateme nts . If they do as they should there wont be any statements. I assume I have been Ripped off for $59.90.

In The News

A consumer site aimed at exposing unethical companies and business practices