Plenty Of Fishfraud and cheating

S Review updated:

This site has used an electronic switch tactic in that if you select the 'serious member' option charge of three months, they will bill you for the full year! I wasn't aware of the 'switch' until after they sent me a confirmation message informing me of the amount charged!

I immediately contacted my bank and filed a charge dispute, as there is no way to contact pof directly! I even submitted a 'scam' claim against themselves on their site, to no avail.

I am now championing an effort to post a complaint on every forum they have so the word gets out and I get a response from the site. I updated my profile as well with a warning at the beginning. No doubt the next thing that happens is that my profile will be removed from the site, and I will have no recourse to warn anyone and everyone, except here!

• Updated by Annette Laturnus · Jan 22, 2019

Fraudulent charges on debit card. Bank of Montreal account # [protected]. Red deer RCMP Police file # [protected]

• Vi
    Vicki Etherton May 19, 2020

Ladies, please be aware of my verbally abusive
    Ex husband on Plenty of Fish in the Dandridge and Knoxville, TN area.His Id# [protected] and his name is Tim.Please be aware.

Complainant91923 Mar 07, 2020

The web site is fill of fake and bots now tried signing up one more time never again people message u every 10mins there from other countrys huge scam and bots they give a 484 area code to call then get your info or at least try to do not use the service period they need to be shut down period

Complainant91923 Feb 25, 2020

do not use them there ajoke and fake

• Ho
    How you blablabla cobra Jan 26, 2020

Hi I keep getting messages saying I need to confirm a Pof account which I have not creating can it be looked into and my number be blocked from setting up profiles?
    Number is [protected].
    Many thanks in advance.
    Jade Cochrane.

• Ta
    Tanja M Jan 01, 2020

Someone used my number for a security Code.. Please delete the Account with my number

• Ab
    Abhay Narayan Dec 29, 2019

Dear team,
    By mistake, i have shared my security code to a stranger because i was not aware of this. So please Stop the following number account from the database.

Mobile number : 91-[protected]
    Security code: 035595

Thanks and regards,
    Abhay

Complainant91923 Nov 24, 2019

Do not use this dating site they are now getting people pretending to be military and saying there stuck at home not true and scam

• Je
    jennana Nov 23, 2019

I report liars claiming no kids while they are married with kids and fake images from scammers with fake profiles, but POF NEVER DELETES THEM. I took a look years apart and the same scammers are on the website.

• Li
    Lizzie59 Sep 09, 2019

My user name is Lizzie59 and I changed my password to norval60 an hour ago please delete my account as I no longer wish to be on POF. This is disgusting that when I log in it says wrong username and password as they are not. All this hassle to delete an account. I want it deleted completely thanks

Nothanks001 Aug 25, 2019

I cant login, or get replies from POF, or reset PW on my new profile. Concerned they are using my account illegally.
    I have never had trouble in the past, but their lack of correspondence to my continued querry has me genuinely concerned.

• Bg
    Bìgblòndè Aug 20, 2019

Why when I report these people like Harrisup1975 do you do nothing about it, is it simply because they're a paying member? Or do your moderators have no idea about what they're doing?
    This is disgusting, it's classed as harassment and yet you do absolutely nothing about it!

Apparently this needs to be longer for you to take it seriously FML!!!

• Be
    Beofuse Jul 17, 2019

Right after I set the account up. I logged out And I cannot log back in and it will not let me update my password to log in. I am getting emails continuously but can get a password reset email from them. This is against the law.
    Stealing my information to use.

• Da
    Daniel Parden May 18, 2019

Im sick of pof been on 5 years all abuse i reportin a women for faking to meet up
    Nothing has been done request an apology

• Mu
    Mugga84 Mar 07, 2019

I keep getting kicked out of plentyoffish for completely unfounded reasons mikelandy82 if they don't resolve this I will take my complaint to consumer affairs

Annette Laturnus Feb 11, 2019

Somebody stool my debit card and used it your site (POF.com BC). If you have any information that could assist me it would be greatly appreciated. Debit card was from Bank of Montreal. Name on card Charlene Emily Laturnus. Account # [protected]. Please contact me at [email protected] Thank you in advance.

• Lo
    Lookingatgreattimesahead Jan 06, 2019

My account won't load at all
    Carnt even get into it
    Please advise
    Regards
    Debbie Sands

• Bb
    Bboudr Jan 06, 2019

I'd like to report a scammer that goes by the name of Richard Worden on pof web site. He tried to get me to send him &2000$ in Africa because he had a credit card that wasn't accepted in Africa

• Wa
    Wayne Vautour Jan 05, 2019

My profile has been stolen...johnny55420...delete my account permanently...somebody is pretending to be me and I dont like it...please find this creep...

• Di
    Dixonl Jan 05, 2019

The language he used is disgusting..
    Is continually harassing me with verbal abuse and inappropriate language.. I have reported him to plenty of fish.. regards Louise

Jack7? Dec 12, 2018

Someone posted a nude picture which was not me on my account and now I can not get into my account and this guy that I was talking to called me and doesn't want to see me no more because of this and it wasn't even my body. My account is luckyforyou7 my email is [email protected] I am upset I don't do nudity I am a police officer

• Bo
    bob quart Dec 11, 2018

Someone has stolen my account. When I sign it, bob quart, password hector, I get taken to someone else's site. he says he's bob quart, from my town, Luzerne, etc and I don't even know WHERE my account is. bob quarteroni, [email protected]

• Sm
    smatch Nov 26, 2018

Interested in pursuing a class action against them.

Not only did I find that I had been signed up for recurring payments, but my Paypal was also soon hacked after my 6 month membership was supposed to have ended. I had already deleted my profile after finding a girlfriend March of 2017. My first go round with plenty of fish was a joke, as was the second. I took my "about me" profile and put it up on Craigslist personals just before they changed their policies, and had a response the same week.

I also just saw that (after now canceling a 3rd time tonight) through a confirmation email, deleting your account suspends all automatic payments, even if you had signed up for them in the first place... So even if there was some kind of glitch on my end and/or my remembering canceling recurring payments the night I bought a 6 month package being untrue, the account should have never been signed up for a recurring plan after it was deleted for the then, second time.

I was so confused as to what was going on with my Paypal and so frustrated that charges were being made by someone in Florida. My bank had to freeze any further transactions coming in or out of Paypal, since they used up ALL available funds and began requesting money withdraws from my bank account itself... all of this hindering my online business transactions. Someone owes me money and requested I open my Paypal back up, and I am building a new PC so I figured I would open up Paypal again temporarily and spend the funds quickly enough to disallow any clever hackers, well the guys flaking still and only a week after re-enabling my account, PoF is trying to automatically bill me lol...

I will be reaching out to a lawyer this week. I don't want any money from them, I just need them shut down.

Anyone else hacked after quitting PoF?

• Sm
    smatch Nov 26, 2018

@smatch Actually I misspoke (time flies when you actually have a GF lol) but we had been dating since march of 2016, PoF has been racking charges for 30+ months with no other notifications until aforementioned Paypal account was attempted to be billed... scumbags.

Complainant91923 Jan 07, 2018

I am waiting for them to get shut down

Complainant91923 Dec 04, 2016

the web site is joke

• Mi
    mike12345678987654321 Dec 04, 2016

They logged me out of my plenty of fish account and could not log back in. I got deleted out of no where while just signed barley up on the site with in not even 1 hour and nothing on my profile was bad or even looking for a "fast hook up" I was putting serious effort into my profile and nothing I have done was wrong and next thing you know am logged out with no reason why...

Complainant91923 Aug 28, 2016

pof is a issue

Maestro_666 Aug 28, 2016

This site (POF) is literally a playground for fakes and for the real women to just "kill time". So many women on POF actually admit they are there just to pass the time and aren't actually looking for a relationship or even a hook up. I sometimes wonder if those are made up profiles by the POF team just to make it seem like there are lots of members and appear like a popular site.
    Women there don't reply. No matter how much you seem to have in common based on what they say in their profiles. And your looks really don't matter as some women happen to like guys that look like they're in a biker gang with tattoos from head to toe.
    So you don't have to look like Brad Pitt to get a date out of someone on POF. It's just the luck of the draw but you're sifting through tons of fake profiles and women just there to waste time.
    Also, Markus is an bad person. That's for sure. He caters to women ONLY. Puts age limits on OUR freedom of choice and even blocks emails that have keywords they flag such as: sex, Kik, Skype, hook up, etc. You cannot say in a message that you're not looking for a hook up. The phrase "hook up" gets flagged and you can see from your sent messages that the message didn't go thru to the person.
    Some ways around this nonsense is to use zeros as the letter O. So you have to type "h00k up".
    I want to see this site get shut down. I want to hear that Markus is ordered to refund every person who ever paid for the memberships. I want to hear/read that Markus is broke and homeless for his lie of a dating site.

Complainant91923 Jul 29, 2016

It means u have been booted

• La
    lafemme Jul 29, 2016

i was asked to change my password, but the site would not accept whatever i put in, i was happy with what i already had, managed to change the name on my profile, but not on password, it just would not accept it, now i have a totaly differnt user name, which i did not want, but still cannot get on the site, confused so am i please lpease see what you can sort for me

Complainant91923 Jul 29, 2016

please read this every oneillions of Americans visit online dating websites every year hoping to find a companion or even a soul mate.

But today, on Valentine’s Day, we want to warn you that criminals use these sites, too, looking to turn the lonely and vulnerable into fast money through a variety of scams.

These criminals—who also troll social media sites and chat rooms in search of romantic victims—usually claim to be Americans traveling or working abroad. In reality, they often live overseas. Their most common targets are women over 40 who are divorced, widowed, and/or disabled, but every age group and demographic is at risk.

Here’s how the scam usually works. You’re contacted online by someone who appears interested in you. He or she may have a profile you can read or a picture that is e-mailed to you. For weeks, even months, you may chat back and forth with one another, forming a connection. You may even be sent flowers or other gifts. But ultimately, it’s going to happen—your new-found “friend” is going to ask you for money.

Recognizing an Online Dating
    Scam Artist

Your online “date” may only be interested in your money if he or she:

- Presses you to leave the dating website you met through and to communicate using personal e-mail or instant messaging;

- Professes instant feelings of love;

- Sends you a photograph of himself or herself that looks like something from a glamour magazine;

- Claims to be from the U.S. and is traveling or working overseas;

- Makes plans to visit you but is then unable to do so because of a tragic event; or

- Asks for money for a variety of reasons (travel, medical emergencies, hotel bills, hospitals bills for a child or other relative, visas or other official documents, losses from a financial setback or crime victimization).

One way to steer clear of these criminals all together is to stick to online dating websites with nationally known reputations.

Listen: Special Agent Nicholas Savage describes so-called “sweetheart scammers” and the dangers they pose on the Internet.”

More: Inside the FBI

So you send money…but rest assured the requests won’t stop there. There will be more hardships that only you can help alleviate with your financial gifts. He may also send you checks to cash since he’s out of the country and can’t cash them himself, or he may ask you to forward him a package.

So what really happened? You were targeted by criminals, probably based on personal information you uploaded on dating or social media sites. The pictures you were sent were most likely phony, lifted from other websites. The profiles were fake as well, carefully crafted to match your interests.

In addition to losing your money to someone who had no intention of ever visiting you, you may also have unknowingly taken part in a money laundering scheme by cashing phony checks and sending the money overseas and by shipping stolen merchandise (the forwarded package).

While the FBI and other federal partners work some of these cases—in particular those with a large number of victims or large dollar losses and/or those involving organized criminal groups—many are investigated by local and state authorities.

We strongly recommend, however, that if you think you’ve been victimized by a dating scam or any other online scam, file a complaint with our Internet Crime Complaint Center. Before forwarding the complaints to the appropriate agencies, IC3 collates and analyzes the data—looking for common threads that could link complaints together and help identify the culprits. Which helps keep everyone safer on the Internet.

For specific tips on how to keep from being lured into an online dating scam, see the sidebar above. Awareness is the best tool for preventing crime…and in this case, even for preventing a broken heart.

Resource:

Complainant91923 Jul 11, 2016

I am not sure he is real person any way I have contacted pof and nothing

• Al
    Alisa777 Jul 11, 2016

This Marcus dude is a pig! He acts like a nazi dictator who decides how people should or shouldn't date, what they should or shouldn't say, how they should or shouldn't act. Right on his website, he dictates what "definition" of love is and, if you don't agree with his criteria, you will never love or be loved (according to him). The worst part is that he deletes profiles for no legitimate reason. If you put a "list of standards" on your profile, he will ban you because, according to him, females should date any loser there is and can't be "rude". But guess what! If a female is going to be an ### licker on her profile and doesn't describe her standards, she will be getting tons of sexual harassment messages from dudes who are rude! Girls, you don't like Hispanics?! Nop, can't put that on your profile because then you will be banned for racism! You want to have a successful man with a good job?! Nop, can't put that on your profile either coz then POF will ban you for being "rude"! According to Marcus, you MUST date any bum there is! And I know what you are thinking "well if this girl was getting tons of sexual harassment or rude messages why just not block them?" NOP NOP and again NOP! If you block too many people then they block you back and, once you've been blocked by a certain number of users, guess what? You'll be BANNED!! Also, you might be thinking "well if this girl doesn't like Hispanics, just ignore them". NOP!! If you ignore those dudes most of the time they block you and, once too many of them block you, you'll be BANNED again!!! Nice huh?!
    That Marcus dude is so angry at life because, judging by his looks, he will NEVER have a beautiful woman. That's why he set the rules on his site so that broke, ugly, rude, sexually harassing losers get a chance! You don't like it girls?! Then you'll be banned! Marcus will decide who you should or shouldn't sleep with!

• Th
    Thomas Steiner Jan 24, 2016

f you plenty of fish!!! every time i get to know someone the messages just stop i know you frs are behind this what a waste of time!! im a good guy looking for a good girl and all you do is f me around thanks for wasting my time ill never refer you. i will do the exact oppesite... not only that i reported someone on here just for money and you did nothing! you are worthless!!! you are complete losers

• Re
    Reviewer99895 Nov 22, 2015

When I had a active profile I was contacted by a POF representative requesting my password for extra services which I provided on or about July 2015. My account was deleted by this person and I have not had access since. They have recently withdrawn $51.00 from my account and I have no services. I will be filing a complaint with BBB soon

• Re
    Reviewer98360 Sep 17, 2015

As above for no reason would really appreciate your help email them several times no reply

Complainant91923 Sep 17, 2015

There loosing people left and right they even elt me back on all the time I dont except them to last till end of year

• Da
    Dale Carnegie Sep 17, 2015

The owner of the site is a bible thumper. Even the word "sex" or anything that HE thinks borders on lets say FLIRTING.. cannot be used in a message. He just deleted my profile afterl 8 years as a member and for no reason. Nothing lost however for the only women you have on POF anymore are obese black women or overweight white women who put " average" for their body .. The site is for the bottom dwellers of dating. Much better and less censoring is OKCupid. Just a terrible site.

Complainant91923 Jul 08, 2015

keep reporting it

Christopher S. O'Rourke Jul 08, 2015

Gooze079 I have reported POF twice to the FBI's ic3 division, the FTC three times, they are just letting POF get away with murder, it will take an FBI agent or about 5 FBI agents to not only go online to POF, but also monitor
    and infiltrate POF posing a maint. People, employees of POF to nail & shut them down in the United States & in Canada by Canada's version of the FBI. There's a far better chance of the British & Irish governments shutting
    down POF, and also the Australian government too, POF is getting into hot water in Australia or will be getting into
    hot water there. There are already about five people who are victims of POF in Australia that are threatening to
    take them to Australian court for identity theft, hacking computers, blocking messages, throwing people out of their
    website for NO REASON, and for not having customer service which is NON EXISTANT at POF.

Complainant91923 Jul 07, 2015