PlasmanetNo job, bad teachers and crappy education!

The International Academy of design & Technology is a big rip-off.

First of all let me start out by saying that you will not find a job in any of their so called "programs" This is not a real college it is accredited as a TECH school, the teachers are all combined of LOSERS who couldn't make it in the real world. On Portfolio review Employers come out- to OFFER YOU NON PAID INTERNSHIPS. I DID NOT RECEIVE ONE OFFER THROUGH THE ACADEMY.

I did not learn anything from the teachers at IADT, I basically bought extra books and taught myself the programs and the software i needed to know. THE TEACHERS ARE ILLITERATE! They teach classes such as web design but have never designed a sight before. They will purposely fail selected students so they can repeat and make twice as much money. WHEN I ASKED ABOUT the department chair. I was told she was still obtaining her masters degree from the prestigious ROCHESTER college. I laughed and told the dean that is not a real college its a tech school; for my portfolio class my syllabus was mainly based on web design to produce a portfolio website.

THE INSTRUCTOR FOR MY CLASS DOESN'T EVEN KNOW HOW TO BUILD ONE. I received a very poor grade, and I have not received a breakdown of that grade. Basically they cannot prove-- that the grade actually added up to a D. I DID ALL THE WORK! this is my online portfolio. I currently am asking for a refund because I feel I was lied to about the education I was going to receive I could have stayed home and taught myself. I AWARE THE TEACHERS AND FACULTY AT IADT SUCK! I had a 3.7 GPA before I went to IADT, I transfered from the ART Institute. I MADE A BIG MISTAKE!

NO JOB. BAD TEACHERS. A CRAPPY EDUCATION.

More Plasmanet Complaints & Reviews

• Sl
    SLA Feb 20, 2007

I completely agree with the fact that AIDT is a rip-off and scam. Luckily I realized it after 2 semesters. I still owe $8900. in private loans (14% interest!) I would love to get my money back. I took Fashion Design by teachers who were miserable that the only fashion jobs in Tampa were teaching. They (teachers) told me that I would have to move to NY if I ever wanted to use my degree. The aggressive admission reps promise you the world. I wish every disgruntled student would get together and bring a HUGE class-action lawsuit...

• Ka
    Karen J Pryor Apr 06, 2007

The same thing happened to me also plus one of my teachers was a drug dealer. He would smoke weed after our test. Also when my teachers found out that they would be fired at the end of the semester they refused to teach us we just had to show up to get an a but still pay the full amount for an education we did not receive. Not to mention no one knew how to help me on my internship I had to go online in chat rooms for advice. I feel for you I am looking for a lawyer to help me get my money back. I took out a loan from sallie mae for $10000 and with interest now I owe over $40000.

• Ai
    aid Oct 11, 2007

I went through something similar. Now I have 100K to pay back. Terminated due to med reasons. No degree no help and an ever changing curriculum that kept having me take classes and negating the classes I have already taken. No Wonder my ICR was to high! I am 30 units (7classes) away from graduation. Now I can't transfer any of my classes cause they are not accredited W/in the California system. So if any of you find a Lawyer contact me. I can do the same!

• Gh
    ghjghjdfgdfgrtyrty Nov 04, 2007

somewhat agree to your statement as well, I went to IADT tampa for music production and Recording. There were students in my music theory class that knew more than the instructor did. You most definitely have to teach yourself at that place, teachers don't do much, the environment is terrible. There isn't enough equipment for everyone there so you have to hope to get a spot in the studio. I took a semester off, and Im having a very hard time figuring out if I should even go back to finish my degree program, because i know most of it anyways. is 20,000 a year worth it? If I did go back I would want ( like everyone who attends a " college") to get a good job when its over, but I cant believe I will at IADT. SOME ONE NEEDS TO MAKE THE PUBLIC KNOW ABOUT IADT.

Jane Smart Nov 29, 2007

IADT is an accredited college. ACICS is a regional accrediting body recognized by the US Dept. of Education. IADT is a REAL school with REAL accreditation with degree-granting status.

"IADT is a Post-Secondary Institution. Good luck trying to get a job with a Secondary Institution on your resume."

Here's a clue for you -- a post-secondary institution IS a college -- ALL COLLEGES AND UNIVERSITIES ARE POST-SECONDARY INSTITUTIONS!!! (A "secondary" school is a HIGH SCHOOL, therefore, post-secondary means "after high school".)

Let's say it together: "DUH!"

You might want to know what you are talking about before you spew it all over the internet like an ill-informed idiot!!!

Let's face it -- you wrecked your own life with your ignorance...

• Hd
    H. Deedz Nov 30, 2007

First off,
    Is IADT a tech school? Well I would hope so considering the name of the school is International Academy of Design and TECHNOLOGY.

Second, Jane is right The ACICS is a regional accrediting body recognized by the US Dept. of Ed. The ACICS accredited the school.

If you didn't notice, at one point you were allowed to attend a class one day for four hours. You were able to do this with three classes in one day and not have to come back until maybe the next day or one more day during the week for a fourth class. in 2005 IADT changed that, you were required to attend classes TWICE a week now rather than once. Why? Because of the change in accreditation requirements. So HELLO!

Third, If you didn't like your teacher teaching the class, your ### should've been in you program director's office complaining. And if other people felt the same you ALL should've been in that office.
    I guarantee you, that teacher would be fired at the end of the quarter and you would have been allowed to take that class for free. Of course, you expect everyone to hand stuff to you on a silver platter. YOU ARE IN COLLEGE, YOU ARE AN ADULT, NO LONGER WILL SOMEONE HOLD YOUR HAND. IF YOU WANT SOMETHING DONE, SPEAK UP ABOUT IT. So you have nobody to blame but yourself for the crappy teacher and not opening your mouth to retake the class for free. If you don't want to re-take the class, then that's your fault.

My only complaint about the school is the constant hiring and firing of Financial Aid Officers. You would have a good officer for one quarter and then they would be gone. Probably because they weren't corrupted. I was on their ### at the beginning and end of every quarter so they wouldn't screw up my stuff.

I had good teachers, because I SOUGHT them out and asked around to find out opinions. If I had a guinea pig teacher, I was complaining about it and so were other people. You have to take charge of things there. Once again leading me to repeat that in college you are an adult, you tell these people what you want. Nobody is going to do it for you.

• Ce
    CEC Truth Advocate Dec 02, 2007

Jane Smart or Jane Oblivious,

It's people like you that defend chopshop institution like CEC schools and talk students out of millions of dollars every quarter when all they want to know is the truth. Why don't "YOU" do your research and actually see what the CEC actually is. We actually think you work for CEC. Nobody that knows about CEC would say these rediculous types of things. Used car salesman is what CBS is calling it. Is that what you are Jane, a used car salesman?

Say it with my Jane: Chopshop teaching institution (DUH!!!) you're rediculous!

You are right that they're accredited by ACICS. Tell me another school that excepts CEC credits. Don't feed me another For-Profit Institution. For-Profit Institutions are full of crap and the Stock Market is starting to notice. They're going to be the downfall of our Educational System with their pawned off instuctors carrying no Master degree nor teaching certificates.

Jane: Let's face it -- you wrecked your own life with your ignorance

It's comments like those again that rip-off hundreds of unknowingly new students every querter. New students 17/18years old like myself not knowing much about college and hopefully being informed "CORRECTLY" by the schools enrollment representatives are lied to about pretty much everything (refer to the CBS report). Don't sit here and deffend CEC. You obviously have an issue if you think what they're doing is ok.

Seek help or possibly educate yourself!

Here is a news investigation by CBS into CEC schools.

Link:

We have setup a few advocacy groups to inform you with real stories at CEC schools.

Remember: (THE NUMBERS CAN'T LIE)

Myspace: http://groups.myspace.com/Theiadttruthadvocate

Facebook: http://academy.facebook.com/group.php?gid=5604847490

We advise everybody to do their homework with regards to CEC schools. By the looks of things, they will not be around for much longer.

CEC Truth Advocate

Jane Smart Dec 03, 2007

I disagree!

• Th
    The CEC Truth Advocate Dec 14, 2007

IADT and many more CEC schools are on the Scam Schools report: http://penncotechscam.tripod.com/id9.html

• Sc
    Scott Oct 01, 2008

I had no problems with iadt chicago for an IT degree.

• He
    Herschel Zimmerman Oct 11, 2008

I want all my money back, and for them to pay for the Art school of my choice, that would be justice. CLASS ACTION LAWSUIT!

-joint the The IADT truth advocates

-were more powerful in numbers!

Jason Dec 04, 2008

i couldnt agree more i had high hopes for the school in fairmont west virginia. when i went it was called computer tech of fairmont and was offering a computer information management course that i thought would help me be on my way . this was back in 2000 and computer anything was just booming big around here. i was also promised the world but 99% of my teachers were former students . they told me it would be $18, 999 for the 18 month course but they told me they had
    99% job placement and stating salerys in the $50, 000 mark. so i was thrilled. took out some loans and was on my way or so i thought ..
    about 3 months into the course they raised tuition to $21, 999 because of the cost of us building are own computers in class for hands on experience. was told it was already in tuition but said ok maybe compueters went up in price.. at 8 months they raised it yet again to $24, 999 and they told me that i would need to get them 600 dollars if i wanted to stay in school because of my loans and grants ran out ? ?
    what i was a full time student with no job . so they told me that without that money i cant continue and i didnt after only 8 months but they took all my loan and $6, 000 dollars worth of grants to pay for the full 18 months and i didnt even get to attend.. if i could find those in charge of that place i would kick the ever loving ### out of them for ruining my life with this nice debt and no education for it ..so i say phuk IADT or computer tech or whatever they want to be known as .bunch of ### who wont see nothing from me i am also looking for a lawyer so if anyone finds one to take up the case email me and let me know..

• Ky
    KYLET Feb 17, 2009

help me, 1 semester in to iadt, i think i should quit, does anyone have advice?

• Ki
    Kim Mar 16, 2009

I am playing freelottoEZwin now for the last year. On November 19, 2008 I won the jackpot of $10 000 and received a letter from FreelottoEZwin on December 10, 2008 from Plasmanet requesting me to complete an avadavit, copy of ID document a photo and a questionnaire and mail it back to them. This I did immediately.

Since then I did not hear from them. I have sent numerous e-mails, only one being answered. I still receive e-mails from them everyday confirming my numbers being played. I did not want to believe that it is a scam, but now I do not know anymore!

I mean, I won the jackpot fair and now this!

• En
    enuminous Jul 29, 2009

I'm a current I.A.D.T. student in Sacramento. I like this college; as an older "re-entry" student I am more aware of the problems some, and I repeat, some of the younger students might have with the concept of College. You need to do the work, and make the College work for you. Nobody is going to give any grades or jobs to a student that has the attitude that their institute of higher education is a scam. You, and only you, can decide if you want to put your education dollars to work for you by buckling down and actually learning how to learn. I.A.D.T. has a reputation that is driven by the success of it's students, and, like any College, there are always going to be a few that want to blame the educators for their own failures to achieve.

Matthew

• Gh
    ghjghjdfgdfgrtyrty Aug 22, 2009

I agree with everyone...the public needs to know about the scamming going on at IADT. Too expensive, instructors don't know much and its just a joke. No employers i ever talked to have hired anyone from IADT. DO NOT ENROLL AT IADT. THE PUBLIC MUST KNOW ABOUT THIS, WE ALL DESERVE OUR MONEY BACK!

• Co
    coco23 Jul 10, 2010

I went to IADT Chicago for 2years and decided to transfer because i want to be a Speech Therapist, before I was able to get my transcripts. They told me that I owed about $800 dollars, when I asked why it was not bought to my attention, no one could give me a straight answer, so I decided to take it up with the top person of the financial aid department and it magically disappeared.

• Al
    allie424 Jul 10, 2010

I went to IADT in 2006-2007 in Nashville. At the time I was 20 years old, moving to a new city, and wanting to be a fashion major. The O'More college where I SHOULD have gone was too far away from where I lived so I looked around closer to my area and found IADT. I was skeptical, my parents more so. I convinced them to let me go that it would be good for me and I could get my degree and finally be on my way in the fashion world. I took out a loan through Sallie Mae for $15, 000 (half the cost of the fashion design/merchandising programs) and somehow my total loan payment is currently over $65, 000. Some of the classes were helpful but the majority were an absolute joke. Having previously attended high school courses at F.I.T. the courses at IADT for fashion sketching was like coloring in a coloring book, I was extremely underwhelmed and confused. I decided to move home to NY summer 2008. I applied to Parsons and was rejected. Then, I tried to transfer my IADT credits to the community college and got word back almost verbatim - "your credits did not transfer because the school you previously attended is not an accredited college." I was embarrassed and furious, more furious. I could not and still cannot believe that my life is basically ruined because this "college" is a joke and will lie to make a sale, not to help people further their education. I am very interested in a class-action lawsuit if there is one being put together.

And no, I do not want to hear anyone defend CEC or IADT. If you're defending either, you clearly work for them or have not yet experienced how manipulative they are and the lengths they'll go to to steal your money. My mother, father, and myself are victims in this situation of manipulation, lies, and thievery. I have a couple of lawyers in my family and if anyone is interested in a class action, I can go to them to see what possibilities are in front of us.

• Li
    LisaLane Jul 18, 2010

IADT is a scam!!! If anyone would like to join me in a CLASS ACTION LAWSUIT PLEASE CONTACT ME at [email protected] We need to get our money back and stop the school from ripping off anyone else. Email me if you are interested in joining me in suing this school and making them pay back the student loans they fraudulently got paid for but never delivered on.
    If we don't stand up and get back what they stole from us no one else will do it for us.

LET'S DO IT FIGHTING TOGETHER WE CANNOT FAIL!!!

• Al
    ALISHA WILLIAMS Oct 21, 2010

I'm currently enrolled at IADT in Chicago. Everything being said in these complaints is what i have witness at this school. The problems are paramount. The instructor are unprofessional some are even uninformed about the courses they teach. The curriculum is not consisted with the following classes. (ex). In clothing constuction I, I was told to move a dart point at the Apex 1/2 inch. In my DrapingI class I was told to move the dart point a 1 inch.This instructor was just promoted program chair. She announced that she was taking classes at Depaul university at night and i thought for what? i realized after reading the post maybe she's getting a higher degree maybe a masters. Its sad because she's bias, unprofessional and not only in control of a class room but a whole program. I WANT OUT NOW!!!

• St
    StudentIADTVegas Dec 16, 2010

I currently attend IADT in Las Vegas and I have to say that I was extremely surprised to hear so many negative things about other sites. I'm one year into the audio production program and I absolutely love it. I feel I have learned many beneficial things about the industry. Thanks to the help of my teachers I am becoming extremely proficient with all of the newest music technology. All of my teachers have been in the music industry for years/decades and most are currently working on live shows on the strip while they're not teaching at IADT or UNLV. They always give us great resources on where to get experience in our field. Just recently we had the opportunity to work at the Latin Grammys. We also get awesome student discounts at Guitar Center through the school. All of the staff is extremely friendly and they're always planning special events that involve everyone to keep school lively and exciting. Even the students are extremely positive and create a very comfortable learning environment; we're like family and often get together in large groups and make music. I definitely believe that college is what you make it. I have friends that have recently graduated from USC and they're still having trouble finding jobs. I'm not relying solely on this degree to get me a job. I'm learning as much about producing as I can and collaborating with other extremely talented people on new and innovative things. As a result of that I'll have plenty of points to sell myself on when it comes time to start my career. Some of you need to take some responsibility for the decisions you've made and stop bashing the entire organization. If you weren't aware that this wasn't the same as a university you deserve to pay an idiot tax. I am paying a lot for the education and opportunities being provided at IADT but I guess I'll just have to cry about that in the limo on the way to the studio next term...Cheeeowww

• Bl
    blh52 Dec 23, 2010

My husband and I am a graduate at IADT in Fairmont wv in 2001. We both were promised lots of things and neither on of us has a job in the field. He works in contruction running equipment and I work at a local bank. We are having a hard time paying the loans off. We alson have another issue when my husband started iadt he did not have his diploma or GED and told him that they will let him inlist if he receives is GED before he was finished, well he didn't and they let hime walk across the stage to receive a certifate of completion not his diploma and we are still trying to pay his 30, 000.00 dollar loan off. I was wondering if any of you think that we should have to pay this sence they should hove not even allowed hom to enter the school without a diploma or GED? I feel that we should not have to pay 30, 000.00 dollars for a certiface of completion. And I totaly agree that it was a rip-off and I would love to help find a lawyer for are case and I am sure that he would too. Please email me at [email protected] Thanks

doublebrainbow Feb 22, 2011

I was a student at IADT-Pittsburgh in 2004. I was there through OVR (the office of vocational rehabilitation) provided by the state of Pennsylvania to aid in financial funding for people who are on disability. I was told that all of my education and housing was paid for and I did not have to find any additional funding. I lived in an apt. provided by IADT's collegiate housing in downtown pittsburgh for 2 months, when i receive a bill for housing in the amount of 1687$. I went to the financial advisor about this and that is when i found out that a federal loan had been taken out in my name for housing. After I found this out I moved to the Southside and continued school. I had received a second bill in the amount of 867$ I once again contacted the financial advisor, who was obviously beating around the bush this time telling me to make calls that lead to nowhere. I left the school shortly after and Now I have federal loans in default. I refuse to pay for something i never agreed to or signed. I have had many debates with the federal loan agency, and they have told me many things to cover up the injustice. I once had a representive from sallie mae tell me the loan was signed in 1999. I was 16 in 1999 and not even enrolled in IADT. PLEASE let me know if there are any class action lawsuits.

I AM A FIRM BELIEVER THAT ALL "DEBTS" THAT ARE OWED TO IADT SHOULD BE FEDERALLY FORGIVEN! GIVE US OUR CREDIT BACK! GIVE US OUR LIVELIHOODS BACK!

doublebrainbow Feb 22, 2011

PLEASE EMAIL doublebrainbow AT gmx.com if you HAVE any information on a CLASS ACTION LAWSUIT against IADT, for federal loan forgiveness and monetary gain for loss and suffering because of the financial damage IADT inflicted over the past 7+ years in all of our lives!

There is a facebook group of 700 people -----join those willing to create or those who know of an existing class action lawsuit.

doublebrainbow Feb 22, 2011

PETITION STARTED: http://www.thepetitionsite.com/120/petition-against-iadt-international-education-scam/

Please sign, so our voices can be heard!

• De
    Derrick Howell Apr 18, 2011

I was charged for an account that was suppose to provide me with a voucher for 30 days.

• Db
    DByrne Feb 13, 2012

I agree 100%. I went there under the whole "job waiting for you" and "highly accredited school" b.s they gave me. Found out the hard way it was all lies. The school did absolutely nothing for me. I learned nothing that I didn't already know about computer networking. Years later, after giving up on finding a job "in my field" as they promised, I went into the armed forces and the recruiters laughed at me when they found out I went to I.A.D.T and they showed me they were not on any accredited list. I had a couple pretty cool teachers thugh, so I don't agree 100% with your teacher rant, though I do agree that it did describe a few very accurately

• Lu
    lubi570 Nov 03, 2012

TSN #:3705521620 on OCT 29 2012 they sent me the email that I won $10, 000 and now they wont pay. I have been playing for 5 years and have not won over $5.00 which I never received or the many $1.00 winners I never received either, they are a rip off, they claim that the TSN don't match but I have the emails say I won with Congratulations! next to the TSN#
    These rip offs are getting away with this because noone is there to complaign to, their site doesn't have a place you can talk to a person either, and they don't answer emails. FREER LOTTO by Plasmanet is a fraud and the New York LOTTERY COMMISSION should bring charges, or is the New York Commission in with them???

• Jn
    jnodin Feb 18, 2013

IADT is not a school at all! Total BS! Worst school I've even been to. I dropped from BA to associates once I realized how awful this school is. I didn't really want to waste the time I did put in and drop out altogether, but now it seems I should have. Diploma isn't worth anything! Basically I bought a $30, 000. Piece of paper! This school needs to be shut down, every student should get loans forgiven. I only learned something useful in 2 maybe 3 classes. Total waste of time, money and sacrifices I made to go to this school. Worst decision ever. I'd like to join a class action suit!!

In The News

A consumer site aimed at exposing unethical companies and business practices