PeoplePerHour.comit is illegal!

M

I want to complaint about website PeoplePerHour.com. I don’t know how do they work but it is illegal! I hired some 3-4 people who stated that they are freelancers; however, I didn’t get finished work from them. They sent me only half but took money up front. I think this site is in deal.

• Pa
    Paul212 Aug 24, 2013

Yes, I'm a freelancer and I've been scammed by them, you can read my story here, http://peopleperhourscam.blogspot.com/2013/08/pph-blocked-my-account-with-my-money.html Thanks for considering reading my store. People should know about their illegal website.

• Jb
    J. Brooke Chao Mar 31, 2014

I have been repeatedly spammed by PeoplePerHour.com. I keep getting emails through them from a Bo Bisset asking me to endorse him. First of all, I don't know a Bo Bisset, and I sure as heck am not going to endorse him for anything. But when I try to get myself removed from their list, there is no link, and replying to the sending email ([email protected]) requesting removal results in a "Welcome" email from their help desk. Responding to that email with a request for removal results in another Welcome email asking me to "confirm" my password. What the heck? I had never heard of this site before getting spammed by them, and I am NOT impressed. I am not about to sign up for an account, just so I can request to be removed from their email list. I reported them to Google as a spam site.

Chris in Bali Nov 04, 2014

Similar here, I signed up to PPH two days ago and thus far I have had 6 spam emails selling design services to me (apart from the admin emails about setting up my account).

I emailed asking them to stop spamming me and was told they are sorry for the inconvenience but nothing more.

I appreciate there is an 'unsubscribe' link on the bottom, but as far as I am concerned this is like slapping somebody and telling them if they ask nicely you won't do it again.

Am deleting my account, if they can't resist using their user base as sales leads then frankly they can go swivel - it smacks of an attitude that has no respect for my email address and details - for all I know that email address (created purely for PPH, I'm happy to say !) along with all my professional details, DOB and whatever else are out there now being sold to othe spammers.

Bye bye PPH !!

WhiteLights678 Feb 17, 2016

They are a complete scam as I have just found out after paying around $300 to Jewel S. who is supposed to be English but is actually Indian with very bad English skills. I had paid for SEO work and was sent 10 crappy link that had been put on blogs for other companies selling same product as me.
    I was assured this was just a small part of the work and in 30 days I would rank in the top 3 on google for my selected keywords.
    They requested payment and as the last 5 jobs I bought from other sellers on their worked out good I thought ok and paid.
    Suddenly all the links they had put up for me vanished and the seller Jewel S, refused to respond to my mails asking what was going on so I requested a refund which I never got I complained to their support and got told the work had been completed so I would not get a refund.
    Fortunately for me in Sweden where I live Credit Cards companies have to do a full charge back if I state was not a Payment I consented too so I was able to get my money back eventually.

But I will never use peopleperhour.com again!
    Beware peopleperhour.com is a SCAM!

WhiteLights678 Feb 17, 2016

You can also post on /link removed/ this will effect them a lot more

WhiteLights678 Feb 17, 2016

A very good place to put post of PPH is on [redacted] com this will effect them a lot more

• Up
    Upasna Ved Jul 22, 2017

I had similar issue with them. They took my money and after repeated request of either getting the work done or give my money back i got nothing.. They are fraud!